At National Pen we strive to be the worldwide leader in providing high value promotional products for businesses and professionals by providing expert knowledge and effective promotional products.
With a workforce from over 30 different countries with 12 working languages, we provide a very diverse and multi-cultural environment in which to work with ongoing training to provide you with the tools to be successful.
Reporting and Data Analyst
The Analyst is the key contact for data analytics, which involves evaluating campaign activity, performance metrics and encouraging a fact-based decision making culture. The position is data and analytics intensive and spans across call centers, email campaigns, and direct mail. This position concentrates on custom reporting apps in a MS Sql Server environment. Effective communication skills will be essential to succeed in a fast paced environment where the team members.
- Identify, design and develop reporting solutions on SQL Server platform utilizing SSIS and SSRS.
- Manage metrics reporting, ranging from weekly dashboard updates to monthly overview reports and fulfill ad hoc analytical requests.
- Maintenance of data-marts, reporting tables and related DTS processes. Query construction and optimization.
- Troubleshoot reporting issues and provide daily user support
- Accept ownership of reporting issues through triage and resolution
- BA/BS degree; combination of applicable AS education considered.
Skills below or proven ability to quickly develop new language/software skills in prior reporting and/or programing environment.
- Visual Studio or strong VBA preferred, or programming experience
- Strong SQL with some T-SQL and SSIS/SSRS development processes and methodologies, or the ability to adapt quickly to new software.
- Knowledge of data management including complex tables and definitions
- Business or Marketing classes
- Ability to work under short deadlines
- Proficiency in relational database reporting
- Aptitude for analytical reports/dashboards
- Up-to-date on the latest technologies, applications and integrations
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all users
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate / articulate ideas with all levels of management and technical staff
- Team player with sound leadership, organization skills
- Familiarity with database analytics, dashboard reporting development and analysis.
- Detail oriented, analytical and design skills; ability to problem solve
- Commitment to excel in internal customer service
Indeed - 10 months ago