National Penn Bank Employee Reviews

Great place to work and gain knowledge.
Deposit Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PAJuly 27, 2016
Learned banking over the last seven years. Rotated job positions every six months. Bank paid for banking classes, excel & word. Was a good place to expand my knowledge.
Good Place to work
VP and Bank Controller (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 27, 2016
Good Place to work high performance bank, recently acquired by BB&T my position was eliminated in the PA market place.
Good people I work with
Teller FSRII (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAApril 20, 2016
Help customers /branch balancing / settle the Atm machine /order checks / helping customers with on line banking and how to do bill pay /customers save money and make money. The enjoyable part of the job helping the customers . my co-workers we were a good term
Enjoy workplace
Relationship Assistant III, Commercial Banking (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 13, 2016
Great workplace however, merger with BB&T in process and position changing.

Very stable environment with great management currently in place. Very enjoyable place to work.
ok place to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAApril 3, 2016
ok place to work. General Manager very understanding. Asst. Manager and Head Teller, not. Coworkers can be very catty at times. When started, was thrown into position and expected to figure it out. Most enjoyable part of my day was customer interaction.
Pros
Bonuses, if have children, you are off same holidays as they are
Cons
noone willing to help you learn anything, working with all the money and if not balancing at end of daay, you stay until you find it
Company sold to another bank
Senior Consumer Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2016
Fast paced, detail-oriented. Co-workers are knowledgeable and easy to work with. Employees are not appreciated for the extra effort and knowledge that they bring to the job. Pay raises are 2% or less if you are the average employee. Most employees struggle with the poor pay scales.
A wonderful Financial institution with great management support
Banking Officer/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAJanuary 22, 2016
The Senior Management team is second to none and I fully enjoyed working for the company. The professional support and the guidance allowed for a great work environment. The tools were provided and then the rest was up to me. Success was not an option.
National Penn Bank
Director of Music & Organist (Current Employee) –  West Lawn, PAJanuary 6, 2016
I am trained to process paid commercial loans. I also have training in new loan review. During my time I have learned a lot about loan documentation. I have visited other department and build bridges of relationship with them to help me improve in my position.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Salary is below other banks average
radio station
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boyertown, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Radio Station low pay long hours but a passion for what you do. The hours are not consistent but something different every day.
Enjoyable work place, friendly co-worker
Bank Teller II (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PANovember 22, 2015
I enjoyed daily banking transactions, and loved the customer contact. I enjoyed also settling the ATM daily. I love working with the customers to help them with their banking needs.

Want to know more about National Penn Bank?

Ask a question
Banking is in decline
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 9, 2015
You work 37 hours a week and Saturdays are required. The benefits are mediocre, the pay is horrible, and there is no work life balance. There is no room for advancement and the company is outdated.
Pros
the healthcare is pretty solid
Cons
pay, 30 minute lunches and no other breaks
I became even more knowledgable.
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2015
Productive,Positive,Professional atmosphere..
We valued our customers and believed in the policy of our customers comes first.
Pros
free account of co workers
Cons
short breaks
Friendly supportive staff
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  QuakertownMay 12, 2015
National Penn was an overall great learning and working environment. Great staff made the work day enjoyable. easy flexible hours and a very good management team.
horrible place
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2015
A small bank with very few customers. You typically see the same people every day and can do their transactions before they even approach your window. Management will get you all excited about advancement just for it to never happen.
Solid work envirerment
Vice President, Middle Market Banking (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAApril 14, 2015
-Solid bank
-Good work experience
-Excellent credit culture
-Supportive management
-Client focused
-Credit driven
-The bank is very community focused
Great co workers!
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Frackville, PAApril 11, 2015
Enjoy working with cutomers to solve their financial needs. My co workers are great.
Dislike the downsizing of the company and employees being displaced.
Great place to work.
REMOTE CAPTURE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PAMarch 25, 2015
Great people to work with who took the time to train properly. Fun workplace that I looked forward to going to. The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy.
fast paced work place with a very supportive staff
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia P.A.March 23, 2015
Great place to work and wonderful staff to work with.
The only reason I'm leaving is due to the lack of job openings. But if you live the area and enjoy banking, apply immedialtey.
An uncomfortable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance: If you're dedicated to just putting in enough effort to meet the status quo, this is the place for you. My impression of the environment is that it was rife with gossip, back stabbing, and politics which leave you feeling drained and irritable for the rest of your day outside of the office.

Compensation/Benefits: These are average to slightly below average given comparable positions. You receive an annual raise as of the date of this review, but everyone will receive the same grade of raise whether or not you have shown excellence or just enough effort to be considered to do your job.

Job Security/Advancement: There's generally too much work to be done on any given day, so there's little concern for job security there. Your job security will rely more on whether you strive to make yourself amiable to everyone, or at least make sure that other people appear to be worse. Your job is more secure through politics than excellence of work.
Advancement - the company is smaller and most people hold their positions for a very long time leaving little room for advancement. Advancement also seems to be contingent on how long you've been with the company and how well you are liked rather than whether you are actually the best fit for an advanced position.

Management: I feel that strategic planning for the company (i.e. facilities and coordination across multiple company units) is generally short sighted or poorly conceived, at least based on what you feel at the lower levels.

Job Culture: This is a place where I have noticed a severe lack of desire to truly work
  more... as a team. Yes, they say this is desirable, but the elements in my office at least feel as though there is as much team play here as in Congress. I have noted laziness rewarded or ignored and initiative penalized. This is a work environment where such practices as intra-office marriage are applauded rather than looked at as a severe conflict of interest. People appear to hold their jobs here more because they need the pay check than any true dedication to the company, and the company itself does not seem to make much effort to change this opinion.  less
Worked well as a team, always accomplishing goals that were set for us.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Boyertown PaNovember 29, 2014
We all worked well as a team, there were about 25 reps at the time. We had goals that were set for us, and each year we worked hard at reaching those goals. It was a fun place to work. I had to seek other employment because the office relocated.
Pros
fun working group and management group
Cons
office moved out of town