National Penn Bank Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work With Quality Staff
Vice President, Retail Special Assets (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 15, 2017
Total compensation was fair. Staff was very professional. Retail Special Asset department was very fast paced and could be stressful at times but the stress was well managed by a great group of staff members.

Hardest part of the job was dismissing my staff due to acquisition based staff reductions.

I was very pleased with the work ethic of my staff, quality of work performed by the staff members and how their efforts improved the bottom line of the company.
Pros
People, Staff members, Quality/Performance of the company
Cons
Affected Staff members/displaced employees due to acquistion/merger
Solid senior mamagement
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PAFebruary 2, 2017
Strong credit culture. Excellent employee / management relationship. Treated as a family member by colleagues. Room for advancement. Excellent benefits.
Pros
loyal management team
Cons
Low bonuses
Good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Private BankingDecember 20, 2016
Unfortunately a bank merger with BB&T occurred. Many people lost their jobs and were forced to find other employment.

The severance package was generous.
Cons
Merger with much larger bank
Loved my time with National Penn Bank
Customer service, cash handling (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAAugust 14, 2016
I learned so much from my time at National Penn bank not just from my fellow co-works but from our amazing customers. I started as a part-time teller and when I left I worked Platform opening Accounts and helping customers in a new way by putting them with the services that were best for them and there family.
Great place to work and gain knowledge.
Deposit Operations Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Boyertown, PAJuly 27, 2016
Learned banking over the last seven years. Rotated job positions every six months. Bank paid for banking classes, excel & word. Was a good place to expand my knowledge.
Good Place to work
VP and Bank Controller (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 27, 2016
Good Place to work high performance bank, recently acquired by BB&T my position was eliminated in the PA market place.
Good people I work with
Teller FSRII (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAApril 20, 2016
Help customers /branch balancing / settle the Atm machine /order checks / helping customers with on line banking and how to do bill pay /customers save money and make money. The enjoyable part of the job helping the customers . my co-workers we were a good term
Enjoy workplace
Relationship Assistant III, Commercial Banking (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 13, 2016
Great workplace however, merger with BB&T in process and position changing.

Very stable environment with great management currently in place. Very enjoyable place to work.
ok place to work
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAApril 3, 2016
ok place to work. General Manager very understanding. Asst. Manager and Head Teller, not. Coworkers can be very catty at times. When started, was thrown into position and expected to figure it out. Most enjoyable part of my day was customer interaction.
Pros
Bonuses, if have children, you are off same holidays as they are
Cons
noone willing to help you learn anything, working with all the money and if not balancing at end of daay, you stay until you find it
Company sold to another bank
Senior Consumer Loan Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 8, 2016
Fast paced, detail-oriented. Co-workers are knowledgeable and easy to work with. Employees are not appreciated for the extra effort and knowledge that they bring to the job. Pay raises are 2% or less if you are the average employee. Most employees struggle with the poor pay scales.
A wonderful Financial institution with great management support
Banking Officer/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAJanuary 22, 2016
The Senior Management team is second to none and I fully enjoyed working for the company. The professional support and the guidance allowed for a great work environment. The tools were provided and then the rest was up to me. Success was not an option.
National Penn Bank
Director of Music & Organist (Current Employee) –  West Lawn, PAJanuary 6, 2016
I am trained to process paid commercial loans. I also have training in new loan review. During my time I have learned a lot about loan documentation. I have visited other department and build bridges of relationship with them to help me improve in my position.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Salary is below other banks average
radio station
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boyertown, PAJanuary 4, 2016
Radio Station low pay long hours but a passion for what you do. The hours are not consistent but something different every day.
Enjoyable work place, friendly co-worker
Bank Teller II (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PANovember 22, 2015
I enjoyed daily banking transactions, and loved the customer contact. I enjoyed also settling the ATM daily. I love working with the customers to help them with their banking needs.
Banking is in decline
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PASeptember 9, 2015
You work 37 hours a week and Saturdays are required. The benefits are mediocre, the pay is horrible, and there is no work life balance. There is no room for advancement and the company is outdated.
Pros
the healthcare is pretty solid
Cons
pay, 30 minute lunches and no other breaks
I became even more knowledgable.
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2015
Productive,Positive,Professional atmosphere..
We valued our customers and believed in the policy of our customers comes first.
Pros
free account of co workers
Cons
short breaks
Friendly supportive staff
Customer Service rep (Former Employee) –  QuakertownMay 12, 2015
National Penn was an overall great learning and working environment. Great staff made the work day enjoyable. easy flexible hours and a very good management team.
horrible place
Financial Services Representative II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 14, 2015
A small bank with very few customers. You typically see the same people every day and can do their transactions before they even approach your window. Management will get you all excited about advancement just for it to never happen.
Solid work envirerment
Vice President, Middle Market Banking (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAApril 14, 2015
-Solid bank
-Good work experience
-Excellent credit culture
-Supportive management
-Client focused
-Credit driven
-The bank is very community focused
Great co workers!
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Frackville, PAApril 11, 2015
Enjoy working with cutomers to solve their financial needs. My co workers are great.
Dislike the downsizing of the company and employees being displaced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Penn Bank. Our community is ready to answer.