- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in the field or in a related area directly related purchasing and/or vendor negotiation experience.
- Strong computer skills including a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Access, Project and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is a distinct advantage.
- Industry experience is preferred with proficiency in product and print knowledge.
- Ability to think outside the box and demonstrate creative and innovative thinking.
- Effectively and professionally interface with suppliers and internal customers.
- A Strong Team Player – Must be a true team player; personable, professional, flexible, with a high level of integrity
- Outstanding skills- math logic, analysis, and written and verbal communication
- Utilize time management and organizational skills with attention to detail to impact profitability.
- Time Management Skills – Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once Must be flexible and work well under pressure and easily adapt to change. Ability to keep composure in high stress situations
RESPONSIBILITIES – HOW THIS POSITION SUPPORTS THE VISION include the following, but are not limited to:
- Creates purchase orders for the acquisition of materials
- Negotiate pricing and conduct transactions involved in the procurement of promotional products and printed materials
- Perform various assigned duties to obtain quotations, place and follow up orders, expediting, tracking purchase orders, maintaining files, records, catalogs, etc.
- Assess spec samples and printed proofs and work with the supplier as necessary to meet requirements
- Direct and perform follow-up work on orders placed to ensure the timely delivery of a quality product, supplier compliance and complete customer satisfaction
- Inventory management: review current program stock levels and order as necessary in an effort to increase inventory turns while keeping stock levels in line with sales activity
- Work closely with the program team and supplier to achieve smooth and efficient workflow
- Provides routine administrative support as needed.
- Establish quality and lasting relationships with suppliers
Indeed - 30+ days ago
National Premium manages many in-stock inventory programs. We produce creative catalogs and online e-store solutions for your branded...