National Public Radio

National Public Radio Employer Reviews

great staff
Data Entry Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 4, 2014
I was a temporary worker and wasn't made to feel any less than one of the team.
Great benefits but very disorganized
IT Staff Technologist (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 13, 2013
Pros: benefits, great personalities
Cons: poor management, lack of structure / planning
I enjoyed my experienced work-wise as I was able to learn a lot and also got the chance to meet with great staff, including hosts.
Unfortunately poor management and lack of structure in my department did not allow us to be as efficient as we could have been.
Most enjoyable company for my internship experience.
Distribution, Marketing, & Communications Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 8, 2013
Most cultural and diverse environment to work for. The co-workers are amazing there and very welcoming. They bring a lot of ideas together. Teamwork is significant and very emphasized in the Distribution Department. I was impressed with the feeling of teamwork while I was doing my internship there.
NPR
Engineer Assistant (Former Employee), Washingting DCAugust 28, 2013
My duties included identifying shipments of equipment and parts, finding corresponding purchase orders, payment for deliveries, placing machine readable identifing labels on equipment, and keying information into tracking database. I had to engrave some company equipment. Help set up and break down sound equipment.
Amazing
National Desk Intern (Former Employee), Culver City, CAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: christmas party, free music and books, training, ability to see certain celebrity interviews.
Everyone was always eager to help interns with whatever questions we had.
Progressive company
Staff Accountant-Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 23, 2012
Pros: culture
Cons: finance department turn over
A typical work day consisted of reviewing invoices, check request, purchase orders, vendor and employee inquiries, research and filing.
I learned a lot at NPR. I was able to touch on variuos aspects within the Accounting Department. I volunteered to Lock Box Uploads, Billing, Collections and other aspects of Accounts Receivable that were do staff shortages – more... due to maternity leave, vacation etc..
Management-within the 6 years at NPR, there were 3 presidential changes and most recently a total revamping of local management in the Finance department. With each change came different idealogies, vision and managerical styles.
Co-Workers. I believe that having good rapport with my co-workers is imperative in creating a good team orientated enviroment. I believe that sharing knowledge is a great way to enpower and build trust. I had good professional relatiionship within the department as well as outside.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate vendors and developing policy and procedures with resistance to change from senior staff outside the Accounting Depaartment.
The most enjoyable part was learning the overall functions of my co-workers within Accounting Operations and Financial Reporting – less
Fun place to work
Exec. Producer/News Director (Former Employee), Boise, IDApril 26, 2012
It was staffed with energetic and enthusiastic young people, which made working there a pleasure.