National Research Corporation Employee Reviews

A perfect job for a grammar lover
Quality Control Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 23, 2017
There were 5 of us on the quality control panel, and we would each get a letter or survey to critique for grammar, wording and punctuation mistakes and pass it along to the next person until all of us had reviewed all of the material given.

I learned to have an eagle eye not only for grammar but for aesthetic symmetry (i.e. do the survey bubbles all look alike? Are there any mistakes/incongruencies in the font?).

The hardest part of the job was to tell the programmers that something needed to be altered that we knew would take a lot of their time. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to do what I love. I love linguistics, grammar, and the English language as a whole. I was perfectly at home in this environment.
Pros
Good, quiet work environment, which was what I needed in order to concentrate
Cons
Pay
A stepping stone at best
Corporations Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 21, 2017
My experience was ok. The management is very unprofessional in not taking responsibility for their actions. In training, the manager made numerous mistakes and threw the new hire under the bus for it. You can be fired in a moments notice. I was there a short time and saw 6 employees fired.

The pay grade is very, very low ($15,000 less a year than the average paralegal salary) that you cannot afford healthcare nor pay all your bills at the end of the month.

120 days until you receive your first day off.

The work environment is high school where as soon as someone steps away from their desk, you can overhear another team members talking down about them to another co worker.. And supervisors were not much different. Not professional and very uncomfortable to work in.

Overall just a stepping stone kind of job, you do gain good paralegal knowledge under your belt, however the work environment is not a pleasant one and much of a distraction to your work load.
Pros
Paralegal experience is good.
Cons
Very immature high school work environment.
Fine for college students
VPS Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 4, 2016
This company is okay. It's a very "corporate" atmosphere. The pay is low, although the company itself makes millions. You do not see the management unless it's during insurance open enrollment, or if they are firing someone or in your department to "discipline" someone. They frown upon talking to coworkers unless it's on break. The only things I enjoyed are that they pay employee parking and they offer free beer on Fridays.
Pros
Paid parking, free beer
Cons
Low pay, micromanagement
Great for Prom Kings and Cheerleaders
Operations associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 5, 2014
The only people who fit in at NRC are the popular kids, all grown up. Turnover in all levels is large, and management has no authority to do anything useful. They expect a lot from you with only mediocre compensation. There is always a lot of drama happening, especially among managers and supervisors.
Pros
Location, flexible schedule
Cons
"Mean Girls" environment, no job security, mediocre pay
No talking? Really?
Mailroom Clerk, Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 20, 2014
For myself at least, this type of office environment, especially as a very low subordinate had to be the most unproductive, kindergarten, & depressing environment that offered no education or opportunity of any kind. I did not enjoy a single aspect of the job.
Fun co-workers, MICRO MANAGERS
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 30, 2013
One of the best atmospheres to work, but the managers do not let you breathe. If you do not mind a ton of meetings that really accomplish nothing and managers who are constantly on you, then this is the place to work.
Fun Outgoing Work Place
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NebraskaAugust 15, 2012
Relaxed atmosphere with great colleagues. A typical work day would consist of prospecting potential clients. Researching current market trends and what is coming down the pipeline. E-mailing contacts, sending out letters of agreements, contracts, and maintaining relationships. Great place to work, with many career paths. Not micromanaged but always had support of managers. Learned a lot about the medical field and where it is going.
Pros
ability to be your own boss, and create your own opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Research Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9