National Restaurant Association Employee Reviews

Will Never be as Good as it used to be NO TRUST
Chicago, Illinois Exam Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2016
As a former employee who was working for this organization for years, It has become a big joke. Truly in need of a reorganization from higher management including HR, SVP, and Directors. They seemed to allow those that stay out all night come to work as a functioning alcoholic who has been allowed to come to work and still remain to be employed but they choose to get rid of those that have truly dedicated there time faifthfully by coming to work on time and ready to work.
benefits
Cons
No Trust in management
Open communication, risk-taking, collaboration, support among employees, and fewer internal politics.
ART DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
The restaurant industry employs 14 million people – about one in 10 working Americans. The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) exists to enhance the restaurant industry’s service to the public through education, community engagement and promotion of career opportunities. The NRAEF works to attract, develop and retain a career-oriented professional workforce for the restaurant industry.
Bad experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 10, 2015
It is the blind leading the blind because this company is extremely disorganized. Training was inadequate and rushed as if they didn’t know what to do or say. They do not promote from within because there are employees that have 10 or 20 years with this company and have not moved up in any way, shape, or form. Do not believe anything that they tell you and stay away from this company, unless you’re friends with someone there. You would think that the National restaurant association would be better organized and knowledgeable, but think again.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Work in any other dept other than customer service
Customer Service Rep (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2015
Training is lame
Management has different methods than the training provided
Positions are promised and then retracted
As a temp you are told its ok to do interviews but they hold it against it you when they try to hire you,
Nothing is never solved, day after day the same problems exist everyone knows about it but refuse to fix something
Temp are never included in office events even Major holidays
Pros
Tons of snack
Cons
Tons save your self a daily migraine
Great benefits and work/life balance
Strategic Channel Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2015
The National Restaurant Association provides employees with great benefits and the opportunity to have work/life balance.
Good Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2015
Good group of professionals dedicated to promoting the industry and advocating for policies to help its members grow.
A very thorough but friendly atmosphere
Freelance Reviewer - Korean Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Work-at-home jobNovember 28, 2014
I worked as a work-at-home freelance reviewer, so I did not have the chance to meet with the client face to face.

I also received this work through an agency, so I really do not have much to say.

However, I was impressed at how much they were thorough with their work and yet not too demanding.
Loved working here!
Director, Nutrition Policy (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2014
It's a great place to work. I'd be happy to share more about my experiences during a conversation/interview.
Day at work
Inventory & FIFO Management (Former Employee) –  North HollywoodJanuary 17, 2013
My typical day at work i would learn alot about the Restaurant business and working iin a fast working environment it helped me alot. The hardest thing in the job was getting orders out fast because i was still new to the pace but now that im use to it i work faster then ever.
Great Company full on working with their employees
Proctor & Instructor (Current Employee) –  dallas, texasJanuary 3, 2013
I create my own schedule, the NRA sends me clients every month. They keep me updated with all the latest information and materials needed for the position.
Full-time student and CNA
Certified Nurse Assistant November (Former Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 26, 2012
Feed, attend to patients in long term care, learned about different diseases, I enjoy my co-workers however and we help each other get our work checked off by the end of our shifts. When I see a coworker struggling I step in to help. The hardest part of the job is the physical/mental challenge our patients experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and help the patients.
Pros
caring for people
Cons
minimum pay
Assistant Manager, Exhibitor Services & Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2012
Good place to work. Nice people. Flexible hours. Good benefits
I'm easy to please
Student For license (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 24, 2012
In my thought they get a good review because I only follow my work order in duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Restaurant Association. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9