National Restaurant Association Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working here
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2017
Fast pace
Learned about the trade show business
Management/staff was great
Multi cultural
Making sure all documents was correct and ready for vendors/ making sure all loose end and details was correct for trade show
Client demands
The atmosphere/the clients and my colleagues
Pros
great benefits, no weekends, no holidays, great pay, management was terrific, good support all around
Cons
short lunch breaks, short/last minute notices from clients and their demands
Worked at NRA a long time ago. Was a great experience.
Coordinator, Government Affairs Programs (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2017
Most of the employees I knew at NRA have transitioned out, but it was a great place to work and provides a wonderful service to restaurants across the country.
Independent
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 13, 2017
I am new to the company and work independently. No issues thus far! Great interactions when I access my portals and fast, user friendly assistance. Would recommend!
Complex company with growing pains
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2017
The work environment is pretty good, and there are a lot of great people with whom to work. The culture has changed a lot over the last couple years, and not typically in a good way as shown by the recent internal engagement survey. That said, at least upper management realizes there are issues to address and is attempting to make some changes.
Pros
Unbeatable benefits
Cons
Outdated business processes, Bad pay, Everything moves slowly
Productive and good environment
Government Affairs and Policy Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2017
This is a great place to work with great staff. A very professional environment with intelligent staff. Emphasis on work life balance is placed. all around great environment to work.
Fun workplace
Volunteer/leadership roles (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 6, 2017
Good place to be and learn from. A lot of knowledge being represented to employees. Good to have on your resume. Everyone is really nice and cares about their job.
Pros
nice people
Will Never be as Good as it used to be NO TRUST
Chicago, Illinois Exam Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2016
As a former employee who was working for this organization for years, It has become a big joke. Truly in need of a reorganization from higher management including HR, SVP, and Directors. They seemed to allow those that stay out all night come to work as a functioning alcoholic who has been allowed to come to work and still remain to be employed but they choose to get rid of those that have truly dedicated there time faifthfully by coming to work on time and ready to work.
benefits
Cons
No Trust in management
Open communication, risk-taking, collaboration, support among employees, and fewer internal politics.
ART DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2016
The restaurant industry employs 14 million people – about one in 10 working Americans. The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) exists to enhance the restaurant industry’s service to the public through education, community engagement and promotion of career opportunities. The NRAEF works to attract, develop and retain a career-oriented professional workforce for the restaurant industry.
Bad experience
Customer service (Former Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 10, 2015
It is the blind leading the blind because this company is extremely disorganized. Training was inadequate and rushed as if they didn’t know what to do or say. They do not promote from within because there are employees that have 10 or 20 years with this company and have not moved up in any way, shape, or form. Do not believe anything that they tell you and stay away from this company, unless you’re friends with someone there. You would think that the National restaurant association would be better organized and knowledgeable, but think again.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Work in any other dept other than customer service
Customer Service Rep (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2015
Training is lame
Management has different methods than the training provided
Positions are promised and then retracted
As a temp you are told its ok to do interviews but they hold it against it you when they try to hire you,
Nothing is never solved, day after day the same problems exist everyone knows about it but refuse to fix something
Temp are never included in office events even Major holidays
Pros
Tons of snack
Cons
Tons save your self a daily migraine
cust svc
Cust Svc Rep, Exam Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2015
good company...allowed for massive growth in company and as a temp employee...vast experience garnered from my employ with this company.
Great benefits and work/life balance
Strategic Channel Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2015
The National Restaurant Association provides employees with great benefits and the opportunity to have work/life balance.
Good Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2015
Good group of professionals dedicated to promoting the industry and advocating for policies to help its members grow.
A very thorough but friendly atmosphere
Freelance Reviewer - Korean Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Work-at-home jobNovember 28, 2014
I worked as a work-at-home freelance reviewer, so I did not have the chance to meet with the client face to face.

I also received this work through an agency, so I really do not have much to say.

However, I was impressed at how much they were thorough with their work and yet not too demanding.
Loved working here!
Director, Nutrition Policy (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2014
It's a great place to work. I'd be happy to share more about my experiences during a conversation/interview.
Day at work
Inventory & FIFO Management (Former Employee) –  North HollywoodJanuary 17, 2013
My typical day at work i would learn alot about the Restaurant business and working iin a fast working environment it helped me alot. The hardest thing in the job was getting orders out fast because i was still new to the pace but now that im use to it i work faster then ever.
Great Company full on working with their employees
Proctor & Instructor (Current Employee) –  dallas, texasJanuary 3, 2013
I create my own schedule, the NRA sends me clients every month. They keep me updated with all the latest information and materials needed for the position.
Full-time student and CNA
Certified Nurse Assistant November (Former Employee) –  ArkansasDecember 26, 2012
Feed, attend to patients in long term care, learned about different diseases, I enjoy my co-workers however and we help each other get our work checked off by the end of our shifts. When I see a coworker struggling I step in to help. The hardest part of the job is the physical/mental challenge our patients experience. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know and help the patients.
Pros
caring for people
Cons
minimum pay
Assistant Manager, Exhibitor Services & Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2012
Good place to work. Nice people. Flexible hours. Good benefits
I'm easy to please
Student For license (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 24, 2012
In my thought they get a good review because I only follow my work order in duties.