National Retail Systems, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Transportation Company with alot of different businesses
Driver/Dispatcher/Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJuly 10, 2016
The company is a great company to work for. The management is top notch. I would go back to work for them in a heartbeat if they were in my area.
Funny place to work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMarch 29, 2016
Submitted a daily mileage log with trip sheet, fuel, maintenance and delivery documentation. Transported freight from origin to destination in a safe and timely manner. Submitted reports on the condition of the truck at the end of each trip.
N/a
Management (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJDecember 15, 2015
I cant really say anything negative about my job. I love working for the company. Everyone was super excellent and I loved working around my teammates.
I wish it was possible to give negative stars.
mechanic (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJDecember 7, 2015
One of the worst companies I have come across. There is no room for advancement. The only way you will get a raise is if they "like" you and you threaten to leave the company for another job. Also if you are trying to leave to another company that they do business with just beware how spiteful this company is. They say competitive wages but the only wages they're competing with are on a pay scale from 1980. Management is completely backwards. Company expects you to be able to do dealership work in the amount of time given at a dealer with no OEM diagnostic tools and no factory training.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day, co-workers easy to get along with
Cons
management, ancient equipment, health/dental care is a joke
prouductive place to place.
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Compton, CADecember 3, 2015
NRT is a great overall company, the overtime was really good but the pay wasn't. Their was facility was huge and good to work at.
Nothing to say...
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Markham, ILOctober 13, 2015
The account for the company of which I worked needed a better job orientation. Not enough individual care for the employee when important information is needed to do the job.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Bad work enviriontment
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work is clocking in for your shift and waiting for a desk to open up in order to start working which could be right away or waiting around for 20 min until some one goes to lunch then you can take their desk.( very unprofessional in my point of view)

I learned the AS400 system like the back of my hand with in two weeks and that was it

Management is horrible. to start off, your through and agency which is total bogus and do not know how to run their business. Giving false information to all employees and messing up payroll on a consistent basis. Now, as far as the management at the work site, it is completely upsetting. The Site manager (main guy) does not care about any problems whatsoever unless it has something to do with him or if the police show up due to a fight breaking out in the warehouse. The "Office Manager" is very biased and will take side to her employees over the rest of us that are through the agency. She will throw papers at you if make a mistake and tell you with attitude to fix the problem, but when it comes down to her employees she just laughs it off and helps them fix their problems. The night shift supervisor is a total joke the only reason he became a supervisor was because the last person in that position left and he was next in line. He sits there texting all day (not work related), or dancing around the office or pretending like hes playing basketball and worse he doesn't shut up about how he got dumped and that he still wants back with his ex.

Co workers are also horrible they seemed to have been having a bad day everyday
  more... and always giving you attitude when asking a work related question. and one that works at night never shuts up and talks bad about other behind their back.

hardest part about the job was having to deal with all of their nonsense day in and day out. which made it difficult to concentrate and complete the work without any errors.( take in mind this is a data entry position were it should be somewhat peaceful environment not a call center, but it seemed to a really loud and obnoxious call center.)

the most enjoyable part of the job was either clocking out and going or working peacefully on Saturday with another quiet employee by yourself for two hours until this whole mess starts again.
Pros
going home
Cons
management, employees, attitudes, no room for advancement
Very busy environment;learned how to troubleshoot issues that happen daily;
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GASeptember 13, 2015
I run the office if my manager is absent. We are a trans-load facility for four companies presently and are still growing. I collect paperwork from drivers for loaded containers that are brought from the Savannah Port. I check that all paperwork is accurate, that the container has been parked in the correct slot, and I issue a gate pass for the driver to take an empty container out of the yard. I then take the paper work for the loaded container and print receipts for the warehouse to use in unloading the container. Part of the receipt(s) is put in a packet for that particular container and brought back into the office where the container is closed systemically. The second half of the receipt is used to load outbound trailers to a multitude of locations according to what company the freight belongs to. The outbound trailer packet is also brought back into the office where it is sent through our system and an e-mail notification is sent to various carriers that a load is ready for pick up. In addition to these duties, I also update and send multiple reports daily. I am an office SOP trainer for new hires, as well as learning new company procedures as they occur.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Lack of communication throughout departments
Reliable and Stable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAJune 30, 2015
I have been at this company 5 years now and it is stable once you get in but the pay makes the desire to stay hard. It is a fight to get a raise although the work load increases.
Labor was done manually with no forklifts or pallet jack.
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Compton, CaJune 26, 2015
We had to empty containers by hand, sometimes with heavy loads of furniture which can be overwhelming. The temperature inside the containers would be hot in the summer so it was a good idea to have lite clothing with shorts.
Pros
Outside lunch area with shade.
Cons
Containers would be hot when unloading them.
Great work environment.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 3, 2015
Great place to work. Busy and fun environment, but fast paced. Enjoyed this job, but it was a temporary position. Management was helpful and fair. Easy commute to and from work. Hours were flexible.
Pros
Fun and busy.
Cons
Temporary job.
Out open environment
Warehouse Lead/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAMay 20, 2015
Working here at first gave an illusion of prospering a better future. I was able to learns new things everyday and apply to different positions . Its a different environment, but easy to adapt. I have no complains about any employees or employers. In fact, I was treated like family. However, i fee like my fully potential skills are not put to test.
Great company
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 10, 2015
New trucks, Great people to work for. Kept you running, which is a great plus for a driver. Good pay and union benefits. The only reason I left this company is I had a accident within my 90 day probation.
For the people
Loss Prevention Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAApril 1, 2015
Depending on the time of year, your work day would be very slow with the least amount of excitement, or very fast and so fast that you gain a pounding headache.

Learning how to be around many people within your daily co-worker circle and deal with their quirks (as we all have them) without being offended if those quirks were something I did not like nor used to being exposed to. I would like to say that we all worked together as a team, but only a few of us did while others could care less about the team, which is unfortunate, but is expected when working with the different personalities of people.

The hardest part about the job was dealing with knowing how much better the department I worked in could have been with just a little more specific detail or even concern for the people working there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with new people & hearing their different experiences of life.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No breaks for those working in the Loss Prevention department.
Tough industry to accomplish satisfaction from the customer
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Good company to work for but the standards that customers set were not realistic. Customer acknowledged they knew this and were always told do the best you can do.
Pros
management team good to work for
Cons
customer unrealistic on goals
Dispatcher
Dispatcher/Assistant Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield INJanuary 9, 2015
I haven't been a dispatcher before so this job was a big step in my career. I learn how the trucking computer operate on the daily bases. Management was an essential skill on this job. I improved my communication skills a lot and my ability to solve problems on my own. The hardest about this job is not forgetting the little things because those are the big things that can cause the company to lose tons of money at the end of the day. This job is great for me because I kept me busy all day and the people are really friendly.
Pros
my hours are great
Cons
stressfull but worth it in a long run
It's a job.
PORT DRIVER (Current Employee) –  RANCHO DOMINGUEZ, CADecember 1, 2014
Its a job not a career. Dispatchers are lazy and managers dont do their jobs to help drivers when needed. Pay and benefits suck.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
where do i start.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 15, 2014
Understandable and highly educated Boss, typical day at work would be very productive
Keystone
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros:

*Good Pay
*Good Benefits
*Local Work
*Great Manager
*Good Work/Life Balance

Cons:
*May Require some long days (over 12 hours)
Pros
great manager
Cons
may require some long days (over 12 hours)
Did not spend much time here temp assignment
Payroll Allorcator (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Management could be more informed about day today functions.
Co-worker could be more helpful.
Pros
understanding drivers
Cons
need more leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Retail Systems, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

National Retail Systems, Inc Reviews by Location