National Retail Systems, Inc

National Retail Systems, Inc United States Employee Reviews

For the people
Loss Prevention Dispatcher (Former Employee), Compton, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people.
Cons: No breaks for those working in the Loss Prevention department.
Depending on the time of year, your work day would be very slow with the least amount of excitement, or very fast and so fast that you gain a pounding headache.

Learning how to be around many people within your daily co-worker circle and deal with their quirks (as we all have them) without being offended if those quirks were something I did not like nor used to being exposed to. I would like to say that we all worked together as a team, but only a few of us did while others could care less about the team, which is unfortunate, but is expected when working with the different personalities of people.

The hardest part about the job was dealing with knowing how much better the department I worked in could have been with just a little more specific detail or even concern for the people working there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with new people & hearing their different experiences of life.
Tough industry to accomplish satisfaction from the customer
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee), Minooka, ILJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: management team good to work for
Cons: customer unrealistic on goals
Good company to work for but the standards that customers set were not realistic. Customer acknowledged they knew this and were always told do the best you can do.
Dispatcher
Dispatcher/Assistant Terminal Manager (Former Employee), Plainfield INJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: my hours are great
Cons: stressfull but worth it in a long run
I haven't been a dispatcher before so this job was a big step in my career. I learn how the trucking computer operate on the daily bases. Management was an essential skill on this job. I improved my communication skills a lot and my ability to solve problems on my own. The hardest about this job is not forgetting the little things because those are the big things that can cause the company to lose tons of money at the end of the day. This job is great for me because I kept me busy all day and the people are really friendly.
IT'S A JOB.
PORT DRIVER (Current Employee), RANCHO DOMINGUEZ, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: it's a job
Cons: where do i start.
Its a job not a career. Dispatchers are lazy and managers dont do their jobs to help drivers when needed. Pay and benefits suck.
Laborer (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 15, 2014
Understandable and highly educated Boss, typical day at work would be very productive
Keystone
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great manager
Cons: may require some long days (over 12 hours)
Pros:

*Good Pay
*Good Benefits
*Local Work
*Great Manager
*Good Work/Life Balance

Cons:
*May Require some long days (over 12 hours)
Did not spend much time here temp assignment
Payroll Allorcator (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: understanding drivers
Cons: need more leadership
Management could be more informed about day today functions.
Co-worker could be more helpful.
Fast Paced Workplace
Fact Checker (Former Employee), Compton, CAJune 14, 2014
Pros: driving forklifts
Cons: no benefits
A day would begin with the assignment of docks to receive freight containers, fact check inventory received and expedite, with the use of forklifts, onto next destination. This job was very enjoyable because it had a fast pace productive environment.
The most difficult part about this job was working in dusty containers.
Overall Good company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Rancho Dominguez, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: good hours
Typicall day st work consists of daily reports being pulled and sent out. Payroll being done for all Compton and Fontana P&D drivers. Driver logs being added into the system.

Management is very well organized here.
was fun working there
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 30, 2014
Pros: fast pace
Cons: not enough work
we would unload a truck or we will load a truck, I did inbound scanning,and out bound scannding
best buy hauler
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Bergen, NJApril 23, 2014
Pros: good income
Cons: have to work really hard to earn it
never a days rest with hauling electonics. can make good pay but you have to team to make it nice income. To much mind games that go on there, You never know really what your sechedule will be like. As for management, diffently needs to be improved, and they stop paying safety bonuses to the drivers and pay raises
learning experience
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), North BergenApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay was good, always full time hours
Cons: short breaks, no job security
learning was easy if you had the proper training. Learned alot being detail oriented. Very easy job.
Peacful Workplace
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CAApril 3, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: stability
People are great. Dispatch department is very disorganized and not on the same page. They are not courteous to drivers or applicants. They will cancel a trip last minute without notice and will not advise until you call. As a recruiter I felt bad for the drivers. These people want to work but the company is not very organized in assigning routes for them. Every single driver complained to me when they would drop off or pick up their paperwork for loads. Overall the environment in the office is not hostile between co-workers, everyone gets along. They distribute the work load equally and everyone helps each other out.
Staffing Companies Are Just Resume Collecting
Yard Spotter (Former Employee), MinookaMarch 24, 2014
They always seem to accepting application for these yard jobs...funny, how the staffing company changes names every month.And qualified local candidates never get a call.I guess there is no physical openings...they all are just resume collecting...They way I understand it...a job is not to be posted unless there are really openings to fill.
Productive and Busy
Data Entry (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJMarch 14, 2014
Very productive and always on the move company. It is very busy and has a good pay.
Great work environment to learn many new areas of logistics
Director of Corporate Security (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJMarch 1, 2014
I enjoyed my 14+ years at this company. As an employee you had many opportunities to grow in different areas.
MY WORK FOR NATIONAL RETAIL SYSTEMS INC
OS&D CLERK (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJOctober 29, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: it was a good learning experience in claims.
WORKING ON CLAIMS , MAKING COPIES FOR THE CLAIM WORKED ON , ANSWER EMAILS , PUT IN OVERAGES FROM THE DELEIVERY RECIEPT . CHECK PAPER WORK, ANSWER CALLS, FRIENDLY PLACE TO WORK , CO- WORKERS WWRE GOOD TO WORK ALONG SIDE THEM. PULLING THE PAPER WORK FOR THE CLAIM , FILE , IT WAS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK & GOOD COMPANY .
Order Processing Specialist
Billing Clerk (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJSeptember 24, 2013
• Data entry in proprietary software
• Money reports in AS400 (EDI)
• Billing customer invoices
• Compiling revenue summary reports from various departments
• Inspecting manifest for accuracy
• Filing out OS&D reports
• Answering phones, customer service
• Handle translations for clients (English-Spanish)
• Audit travel sheets
Professional,honest,hard at work.
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Compton, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: paid weekly
Cons: hourly wages
I learn a lot at NRT, and as a supervisor my peers trust me to do the job to the best of my ability. My co-worker were all on board with my supervision. I loved working at NRT and during that time I was in the Police Academy
Comfortable and productive environment with a steady workflow.
Data Entry Operator/Client Services Representative (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJAugust 14, 2013
Pros: challenging work; good employee and employer relations.
Cons: low pay, no benefits.
The day would start with a review if the work from the previous shift and proceeded with a continuation of assigned duties. There were many problems to solve during a typical shift, but management was always available to help if experience was not enough to find a solution. Occasionally, a problem that was never encountered before, would come along and required a new procedure to be created. Being able to solve a problem, quickly, and teach fellow employees the solution, was the best part of the job. I learned that there are always alternatives to conventional thinking. Being able to think "outside the box" was one of the most valuable skills I gained from my employer.

About National Retail Systems, Inc

National Retail Systems, Inc. includes Keystone Freight Corp. & National Retail Transportation, Inc. NRS is a family-owned – Read more

National Retail Systems, Inc Salaries

$30.00 per hour
Truck Driver
$55,000 per year

National Retail Systems, Inc Photos

Keystone Freight driver makes his way into the city to do his daily run.
NRT is our local and pier division. Do you want to be home every night? Apply for NRT.
One of our brand new tractors making its way into New York for a store delivery.