National Retail Systems, Inc Employee Reviews

Department Head was a total heathen
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 19, 2017
Being a family ran company, resources are being wasted on a total mess of a manager. Someone like that with equally incompetent staff should not be responsible for loss prevention.
Challenging positions, knowledgable management.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work would be to maintain work station. Confer with management towards work related inquiries. Very open environment, can speak with co-workers about anything. Very organized.
Pros
Timely work completion
Cons
Breaks are short.
Fast paced and fun to work at
Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJune 8, 2017
You would never expect the same thing everyday. Learned so much working there. People I worked with were a great help with anything I needed. Management was great.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No vision
Dedicated to thier Customers and Employee's alike
V.P. of Asset Fullfillment (Former Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJJune 3, 2017
I was employed in a management role at NRS, with three separate Management Teams in place. Personalities changed, but never the family oriented Culture. I can not speak high enough about this Company
Pros
Equal Opportunity for Producers
Cons
As with every company, a click of two here and there
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 18, 2017
Overall energy in the company is good with a strong competitive drive. I like that it's family orienteers and has started to change in a new direction with its recent upper management changes.
fast paced and full of work
Verifier (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAMay 18, 2017
We work fast paced 8 hour shift with operators, verifiers and general labors. ive learned easier ways to unload and load trucks. Management is there pretty much there doing the day but really dont talk as much. The hardest part of the job is trying to do a set number of trucks with short amount of people that comes in. The most enjoyable part of the job just might be on the individual interest.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
dress code
Operations/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMay 15, 2017
Busy and diversified place, always new things to be done, friendly warehouse team. Close by and hours flexible. Always changes and new people. Busy place.
Professonal
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2017
This was one of the Best job I ever had. The management was really great and relaxed and always there when you needed. I would get 14 days off paid and paid vacation.
Pros
Management, equipment, atmosphere, bonuses, and Union
Cons
start time could be 1:30 am to 5:30 am
nope
Warehouse Distribution (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAApril 6, 2017
no sense of urgency, not safe at all, not enough pay, all drivers get minimum wage, people didnt care and neither did the management. bad bad bad bad bad
Horrible place to work
3rd Shift Manager / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 28, 2017
Management is lazy. The terminal is losing business due to a lack of management. The drivers are undisciplined. Raises are low. The company makes up a lot of excuses for how poorly it is run.
Pros
Can meet some good people
Cons
Terrible work enviroment

Want to know more about National Retail Systems, Inc?

Ask a question
Productive and fun loving workplace.
Verifier (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work is checking to make sure the SKU's on the freight match the trailer and manifest sheet. I learned that being accurate with the count of the freight place a big part in making sure everyone gets the right amount of merchandise for their order. Making a mistake in this could cost the company in the long run, maybe even lose clients. The workplace is very well kept, friendly people willing to help in all areas if needed. The hardest part of the job was the first day because it was my first time working in a warehouse. I enjoyed my work once I got the hang of it and how the company came together and did celebrated Holiday's and special events.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Work
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAMarch 9, 2017
This was a fast paced environment.
I was able to learn how to manage any upcoming issues.
Management was great.
The Most difficult part of the job was trying to get the shipping loads to pick up on time.
I enjoyed the fast paced environment as well as meeting and working with different people.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No set Lunch Schedule.
Truck Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 12, 2017
I liked hauling Target trailers it nice to go to the stores drop the loaded trailers in the docks and pull out the empty trailers and be on your way to the next job location.
Good time word
Dorkworker (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 26, 2017
Floor work scanner loading and unloading picking hard workings good communication to cop worker's the same thing with working relationship good communication
Lousy Upper management
PICKUP AND DELIVERY DISPATCHER / YARDMASTER (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAJanuary 25, 2017
- Stressful work environment.
- You can learn quite a bit if you apply yourself but no one is willing to train you properly.
- Management is poor at best. They do not care about you and will expect you to put your job before your family without question.
- Hardest part of the job is putting up with management.
- Most enjoyable part of the job are your coworkers.
Pros
The pay is competitive
Cons
Management expects miracles.
Avoid this job at all cost!!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJJanuary 19, 2017
This is the worst job that I've ever been to. The management is a joke and the working conditions are unbearable. From The Security Staff, building managers and anybody else that runs this company, they don't care about the employee. My supervisor personally told me that my boss only saw us as "bodies to fill these building with"......Somebody needs to investigate this company and fine them or even engage in some type of lawsuit or criminal case. Stay Away From This Job.....the pay is awful too (they'll only pay you the minimum that's required by law and they more than often mess up your checks).....
Pros
Met some cool people
Cons
Kurt, Hector, Ozzie, Dom, Bob and all the rest of the managers and bosses...They're liars and manipulators
Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJDecember 8, 2016
I work in N.R.T. good place to work Management was good. Drove trucks and work on the dock-warehouse together we really work good.Just the weather was really hard for us.
This is why we relocated. Looking forward to start fresh and moving to a better live with my family.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
equipment was not safe
This place sucks
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJDecember 7, 2016
no one should apply for this job. There is a lot of shady stuff going on here. Please look at other places. They don't train you properly you on your own on the first day
Great place to work and pay is great if you can be away from home for long periods of time
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCNovember 20, 2016
It was contract work so you were your own boss the pay was excellent but you would be away from your family for weeks maby months
Pros
Great pay
Cons
away from home for weeks maby months
Controlled chaos
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 10, 2016
This was a Target distribution hub center. Had 24 different trailers to be filled with product from 40-60 vendors. Very fast pace environment. During holiday peek season the warehouse would be filled with product. To the point at times the the floor would be full with product, but was always in a "controlled chaos" productive way.
Pros
Worked a 3/12. 3 days 12 hour shifts
Cons
Drive to work one way took 2 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Retail Systems, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9