National Rifle Association Employee Reviews

Excellent opportunity for growth
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 22, 2017
I worked at the NRA when membership was growing and right before the move from Washington, DC to Fairfax, Virginia. I would still be working there today but had to relocate due to my marriage and my husband's job in the Armed Services. It was a great place to work. There was a team driven atmosphere.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
I cannot think of any . . .
Great Ideals,
Sales / Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Hummelstown, PASeptember 22, 2016
I love what they stand for. The division included more travel and less opportunity for advancement than initially what we were told. Compensation was mis represented. Way less than what we were told to expect.
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
Travel, lack of advancement and compensation
Be satisfied with having a passion for the cause.
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 1, 2015
You are a salaried employee but there is no flexibility to your daily schedule. Management is elusive with answers and short on support. Everyone in the trenches works hard but there is little given in return. Hardest part of my job is finding a way to work with management and other departments to achieve common goals.
Pros
opportunity to fight for a cause you believe in
Cons
Low pay, no upward mobility, and terrible management structure
Great organization, good job satisfection, care about the cause, love your job.
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 20, 2014
Some really great people work for this renowned organization, people that truly care about the cause and dedicate their life to upholding the Second Amendment.
I loved working here, great place to learn about the issue and be with like minded people.
Difficult to move up in the building. but great job security.
Pros
Passionate people, like minded individuals.
Cons
hard to move up, low compensation for the area
Great Place to work
Donor Information Systems - Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 24, 2013
NRA was a great place to work. The culture was welcoming to people of all beliefs and backgrounds. The work I did on a daily basis was reconciling incoming donations, and keeping track of a 400,000 member database. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was the consistency and my co-workers.

However, NRA will not hire you back if you leave for childbirth.
Pros
Great Benefits, Good People
Great Place
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 31, 2014
Great organization to work for. Wonderful employees. Working here is great, there is always something new an a daily basis.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Commute
LOTS of hours and money to be made.
Range Crew (Former Employee) –  Port Clinton, OHJuly 18, 2014
Great seasonal job with lots of hour to work and lots of money to be made but it's a seasonal job.
Pros
LOTS of money.
Cons
LOTS of hours.
Nra
Multimedia Producer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 24, 2012
Advancement opportunities are few and far between.
If you are into guns this is a good place to start.
Pros
free gym
great place to work
Assistant to Director, Development (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 2, 2014
awesome environment
best mannered staff
working for a good cause
Extensive US travel while training new field staff as proficient fund raisers.
Field Staff Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 19, 2013
Field Staff Trainers (only 2 for a staff of 57) were called in as needed anywhere in the US to fully train National Rifle Association field representatives. Each field rep. was responsible for developing & maintaining 25 fund-raising committees in his or her state/area of responsibility. Each committee was expected to put on one fund-raising banquet in their city or community each year. They were also expected to supervise each banquet and handle all bookkeeping and transfer of funds to the NRA Foundation in Fairfax, VA. As a trainer, I was expected to be fully responsible for training all aspects of job responsibility for new staff members.

I was also called upon to fill in regularly for departing field staff members when the need came up. In other words, I took over handling of all field rep. duties of a particular state from handling correspondence, ordering all banquet merchandise, attending committee meetings, taking charge of banquets. This often meant spending many days and even weeks in a state where I did not live.

This required great organizational skills, professionalism, a take-charge mentality, excellent people management skills, bookkeeping skills, computer skills, written and face-to-face communication skills, negotiation skills, thinking & acting on your feet, crisis management etc.