National Rifle Association

National Rifle Association Employer Reviews

LOTS of hours and money to be made.
Range Crew (Former Employee), Port Clinton, OHJuly 18, 2014
Pros: lots of money.
Cons: lots of hours.
Great seasonal job with lots of hour to work and lots of money to be made but it's a seasonal job.
great place to work
Assistant to Director, Development (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 2, 2014
awesome environment
best mannered staff
working for a good cause
Great Place
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: commute
Great organization to work for. Wonderful employees. Working here is great, there is always something new an a daily basis.
Extensive US travel while training new field staff as proficient fund raisers.
Field Staff Specialist (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 19, 2013
Field Staff Trainers (only 2 for a staff of 57) were called in as needed anywhere in the US to fully train National Rifle Association field representatives. Each field rep. was responsible for developing & maintaining 25 fund-raising committees in his or her state/area of responsibility. Each committee was expected to put on one fund-raising banquet – more... in their city or community each year. They were also expected to supervise each banquet and handle all bookkeeping and transfer of funds to the NRA Foundation in Fairfax, VA. As a trainer, I was expected to be fully responsible for training all aspects of job responsibility for new staff members.

I was also called upon to fill in regularly for departing field staff members when the need came up. In other words, I took over handling of all field rep. duties of a particular state from handling correspondence, ordering all banquet merchandise, attending committee meetings, taking charge of banquets. This often meant spending many days and even weeks in a state where I did not live.

This required great organizational skills, professionalism, a take-charge mentality, excellent people management skills, bookkeeping skills, computer skills, written and face-to-face communication skills, negotiation skills, thinking & acting on your feet, crisis management etc. – less
Great Place to work
Donor Information Systems - Database Coordinator (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMay 24, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good people
NRA was a great place to work. The culture was welcoming to people of all beliefs and backgrounds. The work I did on a daily basis was reconciling incoming donations, and keeping track of a 400,000 member database. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, was the consistency and my co-workers.

However, NRA will not hire you back if you leave for – more... childbirth. – less