NATIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Great Attitude and Fun Loving Staff
Instructional Assistant-Healthcare (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working here because of the coworkers that I was involved with. They created a family, fun environment. The work environment was fast paced but it was easy to adapt because the staff made it a comfortable place.
Pros
Nice working hours
Cons
Difficult parents
Happily providing customer service to parents, staff & students
Elementary School Office Technician (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJuly 31, 2014
My typical day consisted of opening the office bright and early. Depending on the day, I'd register new students, determine their placement, and inform the parents about our school program. In between, I'd translate for Non-English speaking parents and provide health aide to students in need. I can't say that there was a "hard part" of my job because I loved every aspect of it. Most definitely, the most enjoyable part of my job was that no day was the same. Every day I got to interact with wonderful, caring people and had the opportunity to help parents in need.
Pros
Exciting environment, loved working around students
Fulfilling, making a positive difference in youths lives
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  National City, CAJuly 16, 2013
Teaching the days lesson plan consisting of subjects ranging from math, reading, writing, spelling, social studies, science, art and general problem solving amongst others to students in a classroom setting. I have also had opportunites of instructing special education classes and language art. I have learned that I can truly make a positive difference in youths lives. The students are really receptive towards me in which makes me proud. The management teams are organized and co-workers are helpful whenever needed. The hardest part of the job is dealing with troubled demeanor students, but I have been able to prevail in all cases with constructive dialog with the students. The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching the students curriculum they've never learned and seeing their eyes light up once the understand it. Also providing opportunities for students to open up out of their shell and allowing them to shine.
Pros
Being a preferred instructor from teachers request
Cons
Summer break/no work
Educating and fun
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  National City, CAJanuary 14, 2013
See students independently or in a group. Reteach and help students accordingly to their needs, assisting them to reach grade level education. Prepare teaching materials, grade, and keep track of students learning trends. Assist the teacher when needed (ex: create copies, make phone calls, do some research, etc). The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the growth in students.
Pros
luncheons, job security, flexibility
Cons
no benefits, very little hours
Friendly but Professional Environment
Ed Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 22, 2012
I feel very fortunate to have been employed by the National School District and had a very positive experience, and fond memories of my peers.
Pros
...great benefits and paid holidays
Cons
...none that are notable
Great staff and enviorment
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  National City, CAMarch 20, 2012
Ive been working with the National School District for about three years now and I enjoy reporting to work and giving it 100% everytime.And The staff and co-workers are great and fun to bee around.

4.5