National Science Foundation Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 29, 2018
I enjoyed working here. It was a good place to be at during the summer of 2012. It taught me a lot about keeping up with deadlnes and maintaining organization.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Short work period
fun to work at NAU
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Crownpoint, NMJanuary 19, 2018
It was excited to work under science Department at Northern Arizona University as a research assistant under National Science Foundation. Did a field work around San Francisco Peaks on weekends with other team members.
Great Place to Work
Program Analyst, GS-12 (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 31, 2017
Great place to work. Fun environment. The downside is Federal Employment pay for the Washington DC Area is not enough. The cost of living is very high compared to the GS pay scale.
Great working environment
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAOctober 30, 2017
I just spent three years as a Communications Specialist at the National Science Foundation. I found it to be a friendly work environment with a well-educated staff.
Pros
Interesting, intelligent staff
Cons
Learned a lot of interesting facts regarding science
Administrative Support Assistant Student Trainee (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 28, 2017
The hardest part of this job was this was an internship for school and was only available if I was a student. Management lacked leadership with moral and motivation.
fun place to work
Property/Facility Manager/Dual Operations (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 13, 2017
Great people, great place to learn and grow. Everyone is hard working, friendly and enjoy what they do.

Flex hours, great team and leadership. Working at NSF offers stability and growth for every individual within the company.
Fast paced great learning environment.
Tier II Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 11, 2017
Relaxed but fast paced. Always something new. Almost no training for new software and procedures. But a very good staff not including management. Did enjoy going to work.
Pros
Relaxed. Fast paced. Always new procedures. Must learn Quick.
Cons
Poor management at times.
Great focus on workblanace
Student Pathways (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 31, 2017
My internship at NSF was amazing because everyone was patient and willing to train me and I was able to take advantage of the available training seminars.
Pros
Various training classes
Cons
wish my interhsip was longer than 3 months
ITIS NOC Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 29, 2017
NSF, is laid back work environment, but still gives you the opportunity to do some real honest work. No issues with management, the people are nice and friendly and everyone seems to want to be a team player. The agency is moving to a new location in Alexandria va, with a state of the art building which will be complete come this October.
Great Place
Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2017
Would recommend for anyone with an interest in science and video production. I am only interning at the site so I cannot speak for the employee benefits, but my time there has been great.
Pros
Team
Cons
Moving to new building
friendly atmosphere with lots of smiles
eBusiness support staff (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 3, 2017
The people here are very friendly. Recent change in management has left people wondering what will happen next. No training available for this position. Thankfully, knowledgeable and friendly help is available.
Great!
Cost Analysis Student, Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 1, 2017
From management to daily work it was a great experience. I learned about how to analyze non profits to see if they were financially viable to receive federal funds.
A really nice place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 12, 2017
The National Science Foundation (NSF), was my first federal job. This job gave me really good federal experience that I used to advance my career. The NSF's programs in technological advancement was also available in some of the training courses offered to the employees. I was able to learn web programming and how to read code.

The only reason I left NSF was for career advancement opportunities. If given the right opportunity, I would definitely return to the National Science Foundation
Pros
Courses offered, flexible work schedules, tuition assistance
Cons
Career advancement opportunities
Great introduction to the workplace
Summer Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 28, 2017
During the summer of 2016, I was an administrative intern at the National Science Foundation. I worked in the Division of Human Resources as a member of a team that provided HR services to members of the Senior Executive Service including records management, recruitment, and employment services. The job exposed me to a variety of HR related tasks. The workplace was very friendly and pleasant.
Science research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2017
This job has taught me about researching in the science world such as coding on the computer, applying math to the subject and critical thinking. With the help of my professor, this has definitely given me insight on what's to come for my career of environmental science.
N/a
Undergraduate Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 12, 2017
A typical day at work was very exciting. I learned multiple skills in the 1000 clean room. My research instructor was very professional and helpful. The workplace culture was very good.
summer job, great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILApril 5, 2017
I worked under a few professors for the science foundation project doing qualitative and quantitative research in flood mitigation. It was an amazing experience, a dream job if it were full time!
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
short contract work
Typical of an internship
National Science Foundation REU Intern (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
the job was typical of any marine science internship. got to meet a lot of people from different universities. was supposed to receive 5,000$ but then the internship filled out all the students paperwork wrong and all interns only received 4,000$.
Great place to learn and develop
Dot Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 22, 2016
Incredible stage for a personal to learn and polish the skills as a developer with a good atmosphere. Good relation between client and organisation.
Excellent Security, Compensation/Benefits, Work Place
Lead Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 18, 2016
The National Science Foundation is excellent Federal Government Agency to have worked with. It provide a productive and fun workplace with an on-site training facility for upward mobility and growth.
Pros
1 Lunch
Cons
15 minute breaks