National Security Agency

National Security Agency Employee Reviews

Great Workp;lace
New Employee Orientation Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 15, 2015
• Managed all elements in the planning, development, delivery, evaluation and administration of the agency's orientation program;
• Sought to build on rigorously applied education fundamental, academic principles and practical application in a learning environment;
• Routinely evaluated the effectiveness of the administration of the program and briefed management on the status;
Very Dynamic workplace where priorities changes frequently based on changing world events
Chief of Facilities & Program Director for Hawaii (Former Employee), MDJuly 13, 2015
Pros: very satisfying work
Cons: can get too dynamic at times with little empathy
ability to become flexible and agile in terms of balancing funding, planning, and priorities with security concerns and classified information exchange as well
a good place to work that allowed for a lot of training
Signals Intelligence and Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 29, 2015
Allowed me to learn things that were not even relevant to my job and helped me improve myself as an intelligence analyst and as a soldier . As well as exposing me to the other branches of the military
Good job but too many introverts
Counter Intelligence Investigator (Current Employee), Linthicum, MDJune 25, 2015
It is a closed in society with too many rules and transparency for all employees. There is too much of a sense of favoritism
Management doesn't seem to manage
Global Network Technician (Current Employee), MDJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits are awesome
Cons: Management can't manage
Making decisions about what those under you are to do without taking a single suggestion from them at all is a terrible way to manage. Worse yet if you barely know anything at all about the jobs themselves and are only 'trying to save money'. The benefits are extraordinary at the NSA, but this is barely compensation for some of the silly and stupid decisions that were thrown my way.
A federal government agency working to defend the United States of America and her interests.
Privacy Advocate (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDMay 31, 2015
NSA work is challenging, and to work there you must put the security of the country first and foremost. While work life balance is important, and leadership stresses its importance, the work is of utmost importance.
Listen, scribble, scribble; Listen, scribble, scribble
Language Analyst (Former Employee), Fort George Meade, MDApril 28, 2015
Pros: Seeing the Top Secret world
Cons: Living in the Top Secret world
A great chance to serve my country and get college credit at the same time. I can't say much more than that. You were warned about being watched constantly by the KGB and they meant it to. You'd hear weird clicking on your phone lines at home and you had to be at work on time or they'd come looking for you. Oh, and you had to ask permission to have a vacation outside of the US.
NSA
Office Manager (Former Employee), Linthocolm HeightsFebruary 22, 2015
It was a challenging job that requires long hours in a cubicle behind a computer and no social interaction whatsoever. I preferred a job in the medical field working hands on with patients.
Productive Workplace
Chinese Linguist (Former Employee), HawaiiFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: relaxed environment
Cons: long hours
I was pleased by the productivity of the office I worked in and I felt that the professional attitude help to maintain the high level success.
Great work environment, challenging mission
(NSA) Hawaii Language Analyst (Current Employee), HawaiiFebruary 10, 2015
I love working here. The job is challenging and the people are great. Additionally, there are ample opportunities for advancement and training.
Exciting and team orientated great working atmosphere interesting work experiences.
Program Manager (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDNovember 1, 2014
The Agency was a great place to work. Its was diverseand provided great opportunity for professional growth.
Director, Networking and Telecomm Skills Community (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDAugust 26, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule, health benefits, growth opportunuties
Cons: parking
A typical day consisted of setting strategic plans and goals for all facets of telecommunication personnel.

Most importantly what I learned is how to coexist work with military, government, contractor and foreign personnel.

The management staff I worked with was great about fostering growth, providing opportunities and, mentoring.

My colleges were of the highest quality I've ever worked with in my 20 years of DoD employment.

I cant think of any parts of the job being hard because of the support staff and management ensured I had all the tools to succeed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the gratitude I received from the employees whom I have helped succeed or gain more knowledge in a desired I area I was able to guide them to. I guess to sum it up, having the ability to give back to the community.
Air Force member's point of view
Computer Network Operations (CNO) Analyst (Current Employee), TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great work life balance
Cons: too many intelligent people who don't like being wrong
Plenty of opportunities to flex your cyber analytical brain muscles. Can't complain too much about work, it's what you make of it.
Stress free environment
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDJuly 10, 2014
Work hours were from 9am-4pm. The day consisted of briefing incoming personnel and verifying their security clearances. I also ensured military members were slotted based on their experience and skills. I enjoyed working in a joint military service command, we went to lunch together or had potlucks. The hardest part of the job was not being supported by higher ups and not being recognized for going above the call of duty.
Great place to work, good people
NSA Police/ Corporal/ Instructor (Current Employee), Fort Meade, MDJune 23, 2014
-Lots to do
-Learned how to network better
-Fun co-workers
-Getting promoted can be tough
-Learning new things is the best part of the job
Typical bureaucracy
Af/Pak region Arabic language analyst & reporter (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJune 11, 2014
Many interesting problem sets, but the bureaucracy is tough to deal with.
Interesting work
Multi-Discpilined Language Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJune 8, 2014
Working at the NSA provides plenty of opportunity for interesting work with interesting people. There truly is something for everyone. My main complaint is that there are simply not enough locations.
Efficient employer with interesting job duties
Federal Police Officer (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMay 20, 2014
Pros: great salary and great benefits
Cons: shift schedules are not very family friendly
A typical day at work involves little stress, but important duties. Sometimes there are long hours and so most of the employees are close. The hardest part of the job is the hours and no specific holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the training that is available.
Fun place to work, always work to do
Student Work Study (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MarylandMay 13, 2014
I learned about different programs on the computer that they use every day, the people were very nice and helpful, the hardest part of the job was being the new guy.
Dedcated Professionals
Signals Intelligence Enlisted Leader (Current Employee), San Antonio, TxMay 7, 2014
Pros: extremely collaborative
Cons: nature of work does not allow for work outside of classified workcenter
The agency is an incredible collaboration of talented professionals focused on defense of the nation.

1 2 3

About National Security Agency

NSA employs the U.S.'s premier codemakers and codebreakers. It is said to be the largest employer of mathematicians in the United – Read more

National Security Agency Salaries