National Security Technologies

National Security Technologies Employer Reviews

Variety of fast paced scientific projects and field work
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2014
Projects and missions are varied and typically have fast turnaround times.

Government contractor work, multiple layers of bureaucracy to accomplish anything. Once you understand what paperwork and approvals to get, job is much easier.

Co-workers are great for the most part, flat organization where one can talk to almost anyone, even some upper management.
Very satisfied working with this company. Organized and enjoyed my duties
Contractor for U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2014
I would recommend working for this company. Multiple work shirt hours, had a lot of freedom and autonomy in the type of work I did.
Typical Govt contractor
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2013
Bureaucracy knows no bounds.

Management has lost a bit of touch with reality.

Sequester seems to have effected what gets done.
Wonderful talented workforce.
Senior Engineer, Nuclear Engineering (Former Employee), Mercury NVJanuary 25, 2013
Cons: long commute.
Great people, poor leadership. During the time I worked there our department went through several managers due to the fact that they were unable to educate the upper management that the company was not following the prescribed guidelines necessary to operate as per the government guidelines,or oversight.
Shift Eng.
Nuclear Systems & Start-up Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: more time off from work.
Cons: 12 hour rotating shift.
While employed with Washington Group at Richland, WA on the Hanford High Level Waste Facility at the waste to Glass project, (2/02 to 12-03). I was one of the two personnel that were design authority for the high level facility. We reviewed and either accepted, rejected or made recommendations for change for each step in the project design development. – more... We were DOE’s reprehensive, Bechtel was the constructor.
(Transferred to Pine Bluff Facility with WGI)

Provide technical support to shift Operations management and operating personnel with regard to regulatory requirements, procedures and guidelines
As a shift engineer, I was responsible for ensuring the facility was capable of performing the disposal of toxic agents per specified regulations and all safety and non-safety equipment was maintained within engineering tolerances during my shift. I was the immediate point of contact of the shift supervisor in the event of an off-normal occurrence that required and engineering solution in close proximity to and or in a chemical agent and demilitarization facility.
Coordinated work assignments to meet project established schedules and budgets. Maintained constant review of job status and initiated corrective measures to overcome delays and protect the public. – less