National Society of Leadership and Success Employee Reviews

Completely Student-run Chapter
Treasurer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2015
This is an unpaid honors society executive board position. The chapter at my university is completely student-run which is great experience and exposure to helping to run an organization, great for financial planning, fundraising, and IT support.

I've learned a lot about being responsible for running society events for the chapter members and being a leader of my peers, sometimes for people that are older than I am. It's very important to know how to manage and lead in any situation, even when you feel the people that look to you might be older or more experienced in other fields.

Management – more... is unique to each university campus as the administration is run differently for each school. The UNC-Charlotte chapter works with the university administration for event locations, operational funding, event advertisement, and event funding.

The other executive board members are supportive and professional, it's a great work environment where everyone's opinions and ideas are heard and valued. Everyone on the board contributes to the overall feel of the chapter and how the semester is run.

The hardest part of the job is scheduling. Everyone who works on the executive board as well as all of the members are college students who might also work in addition to taking classes. The executive board often tries to accommodate the majority of the members to make sure they get as many opportunities possible to attend the events for the semester.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the chapter members achieve their goals and seeing the impact that the society has on their lives as well as my own. The executive board puts a lot of time, energy, and work into the chapter for the members and the most rewarding part is when it pays off for the members. – less
Easy to communicate with Intern coordinator
Intern (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 9, 2013
Pros: all expenses paid training
Cons: recruitment strategies vs privacy act
Worked towards establishing a chapter on a college campus.
Recruitment
Public relations
This national society was a great base for gaining a stronger sense of leadership in myself
Member (Former Employee), Orange, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: interesting speaker, stronger leadership and success skills
This society introduced us to nationally acclaimed speakers who taught us more about leadership and success. They were able to use their success and others experiences to instill in us an understanding that any of us can be great. It was enjoyable being introduced to this inspirational leaders that otherwise we would have never met.
Very Efficient
Community Service Chair & IT coordinator (Former Employee), Normal, ILJanuary 17, 2013
First I must state that the NSLS is not a company and is a student-run organization. I was a founding member of this organization on ISU's campus and have helped it grow from a mere group of four students to one of ISU's largest academic organizations with about 400 some members. The NSLS helps students reach both their long and short-term goals through the use of Success Networking Teams (SNTs). These teams help motivate each student into taking the initial steps in achieving their goals. It also gives back to the community by organizing various community service projects in the neighboring Bloomington-Normal area. The NSLS has helped out a plethora of organizations such as; Habitat for Humanity, Easter Seals, Home Sweet Home Ministries, and Relay for Life (just to name a few). It is a great organization that helps students recognize their potential and builds leaders for a stronger, better world.
Positive people and lots to learn
Technical advisor (Current Employee), SIUEMay 12, 2012
Pros: learn how to be a successful leader
Cons: membership fee
The National Society of Leadership and Success teaches students two very important skills in life; leadership and success. Through various meetings and individual effort, members learn these skills and how to apply them to their lives and jobs.