National Student Clearinghouse Employee Reviews

Shame on this company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 24, 2017
This is not a good place to work. It is too political and the higher level management is mean and very childish. The only way to get by is to be a part of their clique. If you are not they will literally taunt you and put you down to try and get you to leave the company on our own. I have never worked in a more unprofessional environment. You've been warned.
Pros
Free food at town hall meetings that happen 3 times a year.
Cons
low pay, high-stress, immature management, nepotism.
Work and play go hand in hand
Web Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 22, 2017
The Clearinghouse knows how important it is to let employees and managers engage with others in fun and open settings at work. This allows better work to get done. This balance in work and play, amongst other things, got me excited to work there every day for my summer internship.
A good starting point
Student Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 2, 2017
For I it was a good opening to the working world, an underhand ball pass.The workplace is serious enough so you get to work and remain productive but not painfully stressful either. They know how to have fun as well.
Great place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20171March 20, 2017
If I didn't move to Colorado, I would still be with this company. I would have moved up in the ranks, and hopefully would have been a manager of something. This company is great, and treats all the employees great!
Productive and very fun yet fast-paced environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 18, 2016
I would arrive at work 15-20 minutes early so I could be ready to go by the time 9:00 am rolled around. A major proportion of my job was responding to emails from customer with issues and finding a solution for that problem. I had hands-on teaching from my managers to better improve my performance. I felt comfortable and able to talk to my fellow co-workers who were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was not having enough staff to keep up with the incoming calls and emails. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning and gaining new knowledge to further better myself. I really do work hard and want my contribution to mean something.
Pros
2 15 minute breaks, free coffee, cafe downstairs
Cons
The shifts were changed around a lot
I love the job
Transcript Specialist (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 29, 2016
All I do is processing transcripts for student and I work hard every day. I file paperwork everyday. It is rewarding to help students get processed and continue on with the education
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Career Path
Na
Oracle Identity Management and Weblogic SME (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 1, 2015
Work is different every day. Lots of interactions with IT teams, architect, management and development teams. It is very dynamic work environment and workload is too high.
great enviorment to work steadily growing
Data Exchange Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herndon,VASeptember 26, 2015
Great place to work, with great people. Work/life balance is well done with transparent company growth. Great hours and positive work.
Senior Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 8, 2014
This company is a great place to work, great benefits, excellent management.
Good but small company, great benefits.
Client Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 13, 2014
Serve as a single point of contact for colleges and universities to implement our services to include Enrollment Reporting, DegreeVerify, Transcript Ordering and Student Self Service. This is accomplished through various types of communications and includes web presentations to provide the functionalities of the services as well.

Want to know more about National Student Clearinghouse?

Ask a question
Work life balance
School Operations Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 27, 2013
Good place to work, no work to take home and hours are favorable.
Non for profit organization dealing with student loans and department of education
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 10, 2012
I worked in a call center answering up to 200 calls on a daily basis along with answering emails within a 24 hour time line. This required a person to do be a team player and have the proven ability of multi-tasking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Student Clearinghouse. Our community is ready to answer.

National Student Clearinghouse Reviews by Location