National University

National University United States Employee Reviews

Professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMarch 24, 2015
Adjunct Professor
 Organize and implement an instructional program
 Stimulate analytical and rational thinking
 Develop and implement a research strategy in a certain field
 Counsel students concerning their educational development
Great Education
Student (Former Employee), San Diego, CaFebruary 2, 2015
This institution is very military friendly. I highly recommend this University to any current or future military personnel. Such a great and friendly University to further your career at.
Electrical engineering
Master’s Final Project (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: partnership
Cons: short break
Successfully completed with the various Master’s projects in the area of Engineering Management
Full time student.
Full Time Student (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 5, 2014
Good school. Good teachers for the most part. Learned a lot of things I did not know and refined and expanded on things I already knew.
Great clinical experinces
Critical Care Nursing (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2014
National University's accelerated BSN program is challenging and rewarding. Most instructors are knowledgable and enthusiastic!
No Complaints
Admission Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2014
With 180 programs you will never know all the answers... most likely neither will anyone you are able to contact. Most people are helpful but the catalog will be your source for answers.
productive
Student Business Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: plan your own day.
Loved this job. Was a temp job but stayed there for over year. Good people to work with and my supervisor was great.
Good people
Career Services Coordinator (Current Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 11, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: low salary
Overall a good work enviroment. You enjoy time with your coworkers and have a laugh every now and then. Alot of work, projects and deadlines.
Great place for development
Adjunct Professor Organizational Leadership (Current Employee), san diego, caJuly 15, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: limited classes allowed to be taught per session
People take interest in your career development. Everyone who teaches at National University is extremely nice and willing to guide you through your development - all you need to do is reach out to them. I had complete say in whether I was able to teach certain classes. I was given the opportunity to teach online, in class, or both, with the suggestion to be open to anything in order to get staffed more.
closed
Enrollment Recruiter (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 26, 2014
Loved my coworkers sad to see our location go.
Work was very easy and environment was laid back. I had the best boss in the world!
Nursing School.
Nursing Student (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 21, 2014
Pros: achieved my bsn and passed my registered nurse boards.
National University has prepared me well for my nursing career .
Staw Away!!!!
Head Assistant Coach (Current Employee), san diegoJune 18, 2014
Pros: convenience, great facilities
Cons: management!
As an adjunct professor, I have seen first hand how political this University is with ALL of its' employees.

Unless you want to beg & plead for classes from your program leads, it simply is not worth it. The pay is mediocre and inconsistent with the message they put out there.

I cannot speak for any of the other schools, but the SHHS has so many problems. From to much turn around to mismanagement from the staffing leads. Zero help from supervisors in terms of class instruction.

I wish they would clean up their act instead of playing favorites and interoffice politics.
The company was very generous with vacation and sick leave.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Vista CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: great work environment, generous vacation and sick leave, they paid for my education
Cons: pay was low because they included education in our salary.
I loved working in an education environemnt. There was a time when the University had a pay freeze. Since we wouldn't be getting raises, the president of the university gave us more vacation and sick time to make up for it. I loved working with the students on a day to day basis. It was a very upbeat place to work. I ran the business office at one of the campuses and my job was to process student tuition payments, process financial aid, including loans, grants and scholarships. We also called and collected on past debt and made payment arrangements with students. I also reconciled the daily payments and got the deposit ready for the courier and managed the campus petty cash fund.
Do as your told and don't ask questions
Admin Assistant (Current Employee), La Jolla, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: pay is below market
The corporate culture spews fear and it can be a very hostile work environment if you don't do as you're told and stop asking questions. A typical day at work is busy and time flies by as you're trying to meet deadlines while utilizing as few resources as possible. The HR team is a joke and no one ever takes responsibility for anything. Going to them to resolve conflict or issues in the workplace is like talking to a brick wall. They won't do a thing. The most enjoyable part of the job is having mostly friendly staff to work with. But the upper management team couldn't care less about who you are or what you do. Everyone is replaceable, which is why National has such high turnover.
SSA
Student Support Advisor (Current Employee), Los AngelesMarch 10, 2014
Pros: stay in a nice(free) hotel during training; medical benefits are pretty good.
Cons: everything else!
Low pay, management sucks, hours and location suck! Only work here if you are 100% desperate.
Fun workplace if you enjoy being by yourself
Staff (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: casual friday, lots of paid holidays, good technological equipment, embracement of new technology
Cons: leaders need leadership training, too much posturing, lack of accountability
While it is a professional looking institution with great talent, the administration needs accountability and training to better manage their people. The IT department is fantastic and there are a lot of really highly qualified hard working employees! There are pros and cons to every institution, and the new chancellor will likely effect positive change for entrenched policies, procedures, faculty, and administration. It always works best when change is instituted from the top and trickles down, over time.
one of the most comfortable places to work at
Registrar office/ records department (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 3, 2014
comfortable work atmosphere with great coworkers and flexible management.
great successful organization that takes a good care of its employees.
Fun working with Admission Advisors
Intern (Former Employee), Escondido, CADecember 4, 2013
I have always been good at being a Secretary. I find doing inventory work and filing papers fun for me. It keeps me busy and helps me to be organized with my belongings. It is always a good thing to help out others as well.
Organized
CAREER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: annual summer parties
Cons: not diverse
All departments are Organized. It really helps in smooth flow of projects and knowing chain of command.
Productive and fun work place
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: taking time off is easy
Cons: part time gets no benifits.
I have been working here for the past 7 years and I like it very much. Its very family oriented super easy to get along with everyone.
My boss (lead tech) is very helpful and has taught me things that I would have never learned in school.

Being a computer tech there is sometimes stressful and challenging... but it's also the most enjoyable part as well.

1 2 3

About National University

UNDP is the UN's global development network, advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources – Read more

National University Salaries