National University Employee Reviews

Very good
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 2, 2017
The culture at NU is amazing. It has a clear organizational structure and the instructors are treated fairly by both students and staff. I would recommend this position to anyone seeking collegiate level employment.
National University Review
Digital Media Managing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2017
The university has a great work/life balance, however, the compensation and benefits for staff members is very poor. In addition, job security and advancement is also terrible. There are some good managers but a majority of them are just plane awful. The job culture is just average due to many staffers having to seek other part time employment to supplement their pay at the university.

Having said that, the people I worked with at the Los Angeles campus were great colleagues.
Difficult organization to work in.
Adjunct Instructor/Program Development (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 10, 2017
National University absorbs better programs, strips out the dysfunctional for inclusion in their overall mission and discards the elements that differentiates the program or makes it unique. NU management focuses on old outdated ideas and prevents innovation within its individual programs.
Pros
Massive network
Cons
anti-innovation; poor salary.
Excellent Employer
Executive Assistant to the Dean (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 2, 2017
Very welcoming and friendly Organization that offers a job security and growth within. Excellent programs, staff, teachers and overall a great community. Highly recommend as an employer.
Excellent place to work.
Nursing Adjunct Lab Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJuly 2, 2017
Working at National University has been a very rewarding experience. I have enjoyed the people I work with and the students. National University provides an excellent experience for working adults who wish to further their education and/or change their career.
Pros
Dynamic learning environment
Cons
Lab space.
Student
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJune 28, 2017
I am a student at NU. This is not a job and I am required to write something in this box to move on. The school is fine, good Nursing program, accelerated.
One of the worst places Ive ever worked
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2017
HR was corrupt. Management was poor and under qualified. Pay was grossly uncompetitive. Im sure many different locations will have different experiences. The culture at the Location I was at was very poor and unprofessional.
National University Veteran Center
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2017
This place has been amazing as far as work-study positions are concerned. Everyone is really friendly and helpful. everyone in the center is a Veteran and a student so they all know what the students are going through. The managers care about their team and almost treat us as a family. I got a lot accomplished at work both helping students in their transition from the military to school. But, I also got time to study and apply for jobs. This was a great job while I was transitioning from the military into the civilian world.
Pros
Close to home and school, time to study, good feeling you get from helping people
Cons
Limited amount of hours you are allotted to work, low pay
Non profit friendly work environment
Student Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 10, 2017
The people that I worked with directly were very supportive and welcoming.
My favorite part of the job was meeting with my students face to face. I also enjoy teaching students how their Financial Aid works and how their tuition will cover their tuition.
I do believe that management would benefit from leadership training
Pros
Non Profit so there is not the "sales" pressure
Cons
Pay is not very competitive.
Reasonable work expectations and good environment
Faculty Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 6, 2017
Reasonable work expectations and good working environment. However, the pay is a lot lower than other industries. Advancement is limited in with this company,.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Pay and job advancement
Could be better
Adjunct Professor of Psychology (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 2, 2017
Did not find staff particularly helpful to part-time faculty. Do not agree that students can learn an entire course of study in one month's time. Tried to reapply at another time and found the process very convoluted with little assistance.
Pros
Had a great class of students on Carlsbad Campus
Cons
Not a lot of support for part-time faculty
Great place to learn.
Student/ Volunteer researcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2017
This is my university were I am attending and will graduate in June with a BS in Biology. I have worked as a volunteer on research in the lab for 2 years performing DNA extractions, PCR, and gel eletrophoresis.
Really producive place.
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMay 13, 2017
Awesome place to work at! The faculty, teachers, and students there are all great people who all just want to better there lives. The work environment is great.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Down time
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  GazipurMay 5, 2017
Willing to play vital role, which ensure career development in modern organization & innovative thought & ideas by leading, challenging, dynamic, honest, punctual, determined career processes.
Admissions Advisor
ADMISSIONS ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 25, 2017
A typical day would consist of appointments and answering emails, submitting petitions. Management was flexible but stern. I truly enjoyed working with such amazing advisors. The hardest part of the job was the work load, and the low pay.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Low Pay
Supportive environment
Adjunct Faculty Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 20, 2017
A great place to learn and advance your career. Positive environment with like minded individuals where you can further your research and educational goals.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no benefits for adjunct faculty
Rating the school
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 26, 2017
Great atmosphere to go to school in as well as work!! Instructor in EMT program was easy to learn from and has allowed me to excel in with my career. He provided strong support in giving me the tools I needed to advance.
National University
Free Lance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2017
Very friendly fellow employees and management. Pay is low but if you are a full-time staff you can qualify for free tuition and there are also good retirement benefits. Days are usually the standard 8-5.
Pros
Free Tuition
Cons
Low pay
National University
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2017
It's good. Good students to work with. Good people to work with. Good place to get job experience and also work on a degree, Master's or whatever you think is best.
Very rewarding work environment
Cert. Core Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2017
National University is an excellent place to work, especially if you are working as an Adjunct professor. Students at National University are working adults, so professors not only teach the learning material they also build lifelong friendships. Teaching at National University has been an incredibly rewarding experience and I hope to continue teaching there for many years to come.
Pros
All materials are provided and classroom equipment is top-notch
Cons
Occasionally issues with unprepared students can be somewhat challenging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National University. Our community is ready to answer.