National Urban League

National Urban League Employer Reviews

One of the Hallmarks of Civil Rights in America
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
Pros: my coworkers were some of the smartest people i had ever met in my life.
The research, advocacy and programmatic structure in service delivery of the National Urban League is one of the greatest efforts I have ever seen in my life.

I first noticed it's excellence as an auditor on one of the Aging Programs. The Urban League researched the difference in the effects of aging on poor people of color and used that research apply – more... for a program to serve Seniors across the country. – less
Interesting Non-Profit
Desktop Publisher, Exec. Asst. (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
worked there for 8 1/2 years. learned sooo much about workforce development programs.
co-workers were...well...co-workers.
management carried on like, well....management.
hardest part was the constant travel.
most enjoyable part was all the community events.
This job was with AT&T - not Urban Leagues
Recruiting & College Relations Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 29, 2013
Pros: open to new ideas
Cons: limited budgets
Enjoyed my job very much at AT&T. Able to work with creative employees and learned a lot about managing a team of diverse employees.
Great Place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: my boss offered lunch to me everyday. he took me to lunch quite a few times.
Cons: there aren't any
If an intern or getting paid, this is a great place to work and they work hard. I truly learned to value of hard work working here. The staff was great and they don't play around when it comes to work. It was definitely, by far, the best work experience that I have ever had.
Learned a lot about the non-profit culture.
Project Trainer (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 1, 2012
Pros: wonderful dinners, conference travels and a parking space!
This was the perfect job for me, because I had the wonderful opportunity of working under the leadership of Vernon Jordan and a well oiled staff that was committed to serving minority communities across the country. I met excellent leaders of the Urban League affiliates who shared insight about community service and their hopes for the future of their – more... communities. I worked in Management Training for these Directors, so when they came to town for training, it was a joy to be in the same room with them. The hardest part of the experience was coordinating the logistics of the training sessions, but in the end it all worked out beautifully. – less
Very Productive fun company to work for
Human Resources Temp (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2012
Pros: conferences allow you to travel
Each day had a different agenda. Their was alot of opportunies to branch out beyond your job description that i would say was a honor. I worked in Human Resources as an intern and was able to learn and gain alot from this company in all aspects of running a non-profit company.

About National Urban League

The Urban League is the nation's oldest and largest community-based movement empowering African Americans to enter the economic – Read more