National Urban League Employee Reviews

Wonderful work place. Great people
Career Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 9, 2017
The Urban League is a wonderful place to work. Management can be better. Hardest part of the job is not being able to help some of the people that comes in. The most enjoyable part is when that person comes in and tell you it's all because of you that they got the job they wanted.
Productive and nice workplace.
Associate & Registration Mgr, Event Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2016
Productive and nice workplace. My typical day at work start at 6am (answering emails and phone calls). Have weekly meeting with supervisor and departmental meetings with staff. I work very well with co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships I have with males I interact with on a daily basis (sports talk).
Perfect for family
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2016
Typical day at work is filing, sending emails, faxing, copying and closing out cases. Most of the co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is when its a slow day, really nothing to do.
Unpredictable and challenging at times, which makes the job exciting
Director of Development Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2015
In this position, I am able to work upon multiple projects cross-functionally and with senior management to execute processes and projects aligned with effective fundraising.
Very nice workplace
Self-Employed Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 11, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Nice environment. Great people around, very helpful.
One of the Hallmarks of Civil Rights in America
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2013
The research, advocacy and programmatic structure in service delivery of the National Urban League is one of the greatest efforts I have ever seen in my life.

I first noticed it's excellence as an auditor on one of the Aging Programs. The Urban League researched the difference in the effects of aging on poor people of color and used that research apply for a program to serve Seniors across the country.
Pros
My coworkers were some of the smartest people I had ever met in my life.
Interesting Non-Profit
Desktop Publisher, Exec. Asst. (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2013
worked there for 8 1/2 years. learned sooo much about workforce development programs.
co-workers were...well...co-workers.
management carried on like, well....management.
hardest part was the constant travel.
most enjoyable part was all the community events.
This job was with AT&T - not Urban Leagues
Recruiting & College Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 29, 2013
Enjoyed my job very much at AT&T. Able to work with creative employees and learned a lot about managing a team of diverse employees.
Pros
Open to new ideas
Cons
limited budgets
Great Place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
If an intern or getting paid, this is a great place to work and they work hard. I truly learned to value of hard work working here. The staff was great and they don't play around when it comes to work. It was definitely, by far, the best work experience that I have ever had.
Pros
my boss offered lunch to me everyday. he took me to lunch quite a few times.
Cons
there aren't any
Learned a lot about the non-profit culture.
Project Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2012
This was the perfect job for me, because I had the wonderful opportunity of working under the leadership of Vernon Jordan and a well oiled staff that was committed to serving minority communities across the country. I met excellent leaders of the Urban League affiliates who shared insight about community service and their hopes for the future of their communities. I worked in Management Training for these Directors, so when they came to town for training, it was a joy to be in the same room with them. The hardest part of the experience was coordinating the logistics of the training sessions, but in the end it all worked out beautifully.
Pros
wonderful dinners, conference travels and a parking space!
Very Productive fun company to work for
Human Resources Temp (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2012
Each day had a different agenda. Their was alot of opportunies to branch out beyond your job description that i would say was a honor. I worked in Human Resources as an intern and was able to learn and gain alot from this company in all aspects of running a non-profit company.
Pros
conferences allow you to travel