National Vision, Inc.

National Vision, Inc. Employee Reviews

very nice place to work you learn a lot and have the opportunity to grow
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAFebruary 14, 2017
I've really enjoyed working for National Vision Inc it's been a great experience I've learned a lot and have grown a lot I definitely recommend this company for anyone who can function in a high volume environment and wishes to grow in a company
Great patients and customers, horrible managment
Sales Associate and exam tech (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Pros
Excellent customer service oppertunity. Loved the idea of going in everyday and working with people of all backrounds. Doctors were great. Hands on experiance helped build skills.

Cons
Managers definitely play favoritism. They hace a "do as i say not as i do" concept. Change rules as it benefits them. Tardiness only matters for newcomers and if you show them you know how to do your job very well they will force you to do the job of other more lazy employees. Takes advantage of those that actually want and do the work.
always busy
I would assist patients after their exams (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 9, 2017
This vision center is located inside Wal-Mart so it is always busy. Adjustments, eye exams and ordering glasses is so convenient so there is never a shortage on patients!
Pros
free eye exams and glasses every year
Cons
insurance look up is a pain!
Professional and friendly
OD tech (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CO 80015February 5, 2017
The work was good and doctor is professional and pleasant.
For the required responsibilities of one person running the doctors office, scheduling, pretesting, checking pt. in while answering phones pretesting and bouncing back and forth between the desk and exam rooms, I feel that the rate of pay is not fair. I do enjoy the work very much, but I believe my skills are not being used to the full potential.
Great Staff!
Receptionist / Optometric Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2017
Working for Chicago Public Schools has its ups and downs but overall does their best. Working for such an office is a great experience, from the CEO to the assistants.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great Staff
Cons
Require a lot of your time
Back to middle school
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 31, 2017
If you get on the bad side of the upper management you can for get ever getting off of it. An will make things up to write you up and there is nothing you can do about it. HR will not listen to you no matter what proof you may have. You might as well look for another job. They love to keep drama up. Pitting one employee against another. The home office is much better than the retail stores. An really it different from district to district. You have to beg for training and still will not get it. best advance I can give anyone is do your job don't make and friends or hang out with anyone. Stay to yourself....for it is only a job. Don't believe anything that management tells you look it up yourself.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
its a DRAMA fest
Great company just not so much some management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 30, 2017
I love the fact that they are very family oriented. The CEO is very great and humble. They provide a pretty good training program.
People Oriented Company
General Manager, ABOC (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Nice culture and focus on training. I enjoy the company and the resources available. The CEO is highly engaged and supports overall growth.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Salary and Merit Increaes
Company
Receptionist/Optician (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJanuary 17, 2017
the company is a good company to work for. But the GM at the oxon hill location. was very disrespectful, talks to her employees any type of way and a lot of customers don't like her. Other than that every other location I have been to was excellent
Day at Work
Sales Associate and Medical Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 16, 2017
Open store, get computers up and running. Take bank deposit to bank. Verify patients insurance for the day. On the sales floor most of the day which includes selling glasses, contacts, sunglasses, etc. Repairing eyeglasses, assist patients with contact lens questions. Work closely with the doctor to insure great customer service to meet the needs of patients.
Available on request
Contact lens Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2017
• Managing both eyeglass and contact lens department
• Opening and closing the store
• Prescreening patients, helping doctor fit patients in contacts by checking parameter availability
• Teaching patients about contacts on wearing and caring
• Checking in shipments, GP orders and other orders, restocking trials and boxes of contacts
• Payroll and scheduling for the staff
Great place to work for
Optician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 8, 2017
Loved it! They care about their employees. They are really nice and understanding. They care about their customers.
My manager was amazing! She was a very good teacher and explained everything. I loved giving patients their glasses and see a smile on here face.
benifits
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 7, 2017
work life balance is good. pay at certain levels is not as good as the competitors. Vacation time is far better than the competitors to start. Offers a great product to the community at a valued price.
Pros
pto
Cons
pay
my experience
Optometric Technician (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCJanuary 5, 2017
great place to work, nice staff, great hours, nice doctors to work with, hard working staff, wish pay was better for commute and my working experience but has great health benefits
benefits
Cons
drive for salary
A company run by two or three dominate personalities in the C levels.
Programmer Level 4 ‬‬‬ (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 26, 2016
A few individuals who have been with the company for decades are very controlling. This much dominance is not conducive to innovation. Strategic goal setting is replaced with the very tactical visions of the old timers.
Pros
Many long term employees are awesome at their jogs.
Cons
Management style stifles the creative energies of the rank and file associate.
Licensed Optician and Third key (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 20, 2016
I have worked in Walmart Vision , Target Optical. (Lux)
And even Vision Works. America's Best Contact and
Eyeglasses. And. This company by far is the best out of the places I have worked.
Pros
Cons
Close send on Sunday
went out of business
optican (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 14, 2016
National Vision Center actually went out of business and was located inside of walmart.We had a chose to relocate out of walmart of do the change over to Walmart Vision I stad with Walmart and it was the best chose I made
Loved working for them
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PADecember 8, 2016
Working for this establishment was a great experience. The management and staff were all excellent. They were all dedicated to the views and goals of said comapny.
Hello welcome to the vision center, what brings you in today?
Optician / Dr. Tech (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 30, 2016
I love doing what I do, being a Optician. I love working for both the Drs side, and on the sales floor making sales goal. This company only cares about 3 things.. UNITS, MULTIPLES, and MONEY. Sell the most expensive material you have, doesn't matter if the patient just has a prescription of -0.50... They will make you push a sell, even if a patient can't afford it. If you dont make premium lenses, than make sure you sell a PPP (warranty), and if you dont sell PPP make sure you are selling JUICE (cleaning cloths, cleaning solution), and if youre not selling juice make sure you set an appointment.. and if you failed to do that? well, get ready for your manager to call you out on how bad you're selling.. or not selling... even if youre getting paid the same as someone who has non optic knowledge or schooling. pathetic.
Pros
50 percent off
Cons
the pay, lack of acknowledgement.
Great team atmosphere/ could have more family time
Optician (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 18, 2016
This company is really rather nice. But they are just like any other business one goal in mind.....money. Which is understandable!
My favorite part of this job is my coworkers. We spend so much time together it truly is a blessing that we get along so well! Not only do we get along really well but we all work well together. We are a well oiled machine! I love that!
Pros
Co workers are amazing, pretty easy buisness model to follow, internal promotions
Cons
Not alot of family time, pay is rather low considering the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Vision, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval