National Vision, Inc.

National Vision, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 16, 2015
Pros: Good place to work
Cons: none
Typical day-selling
learned-better customer service skills
Management good
no hard parts to job
Meeting customers best part of job
America's Worst
General Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2015
Pros: Bi-weekly pay?
Cons: No support from upper management. Everything else above
this place has serious problems. The doctors are forced to see at least 70 patients a day. The company leadership is absolutely atrocious. No work/life balance. If you value your time and career stay away from these guys. There is a reason these reviews are terrible. They really are that bad!
great company
General Manager (Current Employee), Brighton, MIApril 2, 2015
great company to work for with tons of support, fun atmosphere amazing co-workers. room for advancement. relocation possible with presence in all fifty states.
Great company with a lot of potential for further success
Not at liberty to say (Current Employee), USAMarch 31, 2015
The company has a great focus on it's employees. You can feel a great appreciation from most of the seniors in the company as well as the CEO and President. I do think there is a disconnect between the lower employees on the ladder and some of managment. While the job is as challenging as you want to make it, there seems to be limited potential to move up in certain departments. There are many people with great ideas that seem to get overlooked by management. I believe there should be more of a focus on listening to the people on the front lines to help make the company even more successful.
Ok place
General Manager (Former Employee), Stafford, TXMarch 30, 2015
it was an ok place to work. Sundays off so it was good for time with the family. they should re-evaluate how they look at things.
what I do on a daily basics
Billing Analyst (Current Employee), lawrenceville gaMarch 25, 2015
contact insurance co and re-verf info our stores entered on HCFA claims. rebill over 100+ claims f/u on denial claims and correct errors listed on claims
LOVE THE WORK ROUTINES
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), LAWRENCEVILLE,GEORGIAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: three day off
Cons: long hours 3:30 to 3:30
EXPERIENCE WITH NATIONAL VISION WAS GREAT,CLEANING LENSES WAS A LOT OF PRACTICE UNTIL YOU GRASP THE JOB,THEM IT WAS SMOOTH SAILING,WORKED WITH A LOT OF NATIONALITY,GOT TO EAT DIFFERENT FOODS
unfair treatment.
General Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: no time for family.over worked.under paid
Cons: experience
Terrible place favoritism is surely the game..ruins life's for sure .you can work your self to the last breath. And no one cares.customers treated poorly.
Staff treated worse.
A great place to work and great people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chapin, SCFebruary 28, 2015
National Vision is a great company to work for. My job duties were very diversified, which included maintaining doctor calendars, updating spreadsheets, travel expenses, answering incoming calls, tracking sales and overtime, personnel files, and providing support for the District Managers. The employees are great and wonderful to work with. I was very disappointed when the Chapin, SC office was closed.
no job security
sales (Former Employee), vaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: meeting some great people in customers
Cons: work you like crazy, no appreciation
was a good place to work until i became a key holder and had no support from upper management, worked long hard days trying to keep the store going and stayed stressed out. Dr's giving permission to sell contacts and not notating the contacts in the chart. was terminated over the contact lenses that had no Dr documentation. OH and did I mentioned it was 8 months ago,and a different store manager and still terminated.
Assistant manager rocks
Optician (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: company gives you 50% off anything in store.
Cons: no scheduled breaks
This is a great company to work for.The only drawback is the store manager.She doesn't know the job like the assistant manager.The assistant manger Jay S did a great job training new employees.She is caring,patient,and a wonderful trainer.
productive fun work place
Medical Biller (Former Employee), GADecember 22, 2014
I just work the claims, denials, process insurance payment and so on ..my co-workers were fine to work with. this job has showed me alot about doing claims, denials, rejection report, accounts receivable, answered question from patients. i know i am willing and able to work and learn.
Friendly place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: looking over your shoulder
This was a fun and stress free place until new management took over, then started cleaning house. Letting the old go for no reason, and hiring new.
This company is a growing organization which takes great interest in employee well being.
Bench Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: the benefits package is comparable to all others organizations in this industry
Cons: there are no down side working for this organization. all employees are treating fairly, and with respect.
National Vision is the 4th largest optical manufacturer of perscription eyewear. It is the only organization in this industry that has shown growth in the last several years in North America.
Better than minimum wage, commission, business is slow
Sales associate on floor (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 12, 2014
Pros: above minimum wage
Cons: commission
I worked on a fairly small team of associates inside a Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, none of the personalities worked well enough together and there were many times of slow-go business and not doing anything. Up-selling was pressured on at all times. Customers are like ducks to associates, like, once an associate starts helping someone out, it's like "this is my customer, this is my commission, don't interrupt." Odd.
Very busy work place no time off
General Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: working with variety of wonderful patients
Cons: overworked, no breaks, harrassment, favoritsm, 70 hr work week
Favoritsm and harrassment. District manager was very sneaky and things were not done on the up and up. Waned managers to treat employees like slaves.
Company does not care about its employees and upper management covers up for other upper management
Great place to work with a lot of upside
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CaOctober 23, 2014
> Consisted of aiding customers as well as assisting Dr. with pre-screening

>How to work with people

>Management was great, a lot of mentoring

>Co-workers were great, it was a great atmosphere

>Hardest part of the job was the pace at which you must perform

>Most enjoyable part of the job was the aiding of individuals being able to see.
good work place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great company
I had fun everyday, working with patients. I achieved my dispensing license while here.
ability to get people to have when trust in me that they will get the garage
Optometric Assistant (Former Employee), Oneida, NYOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: paying for parking
while working at national vision I learned the work to file write out RX and have great communications with people. i am devoted hard worker.I enjoy talking with people and helping them with the best of my ability and If I can not help I will find someone who can help. To make a business a success you ha be to be professional and work together as a a team.
Run
Optician (Former Employee), SCOctober 12, 2014
Cons: favoritism, lack of compensation
Want you to work every weekend. Like you don't have a family. Lots of favoritism don't call upper management, they come in like they are going to fix the problems but don't. If you aren't friends with management. You are always getting complaints. No praise on a job well done. When hiring new people management tells them negative things about current employees. Run for the hills before working for this company bottom line only care about money. If not friends with management getting days of is a hassle.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Vision, Inc.

National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is the fourth largest optical retailer in the United States, operating over 700 retail locations in – Read more

National Vision, Inc. Salaries