National Vision, Inc.

National Vision, Inc. Employer Reviews

A great place to work and great people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chapin, SCFebruary 28, 2015
National Vision is a great company to work for. My job duties were very diversified, which included maintaining doctor calendars, updating spreadsheets, travel expenses, answering incoming calls, tracking sales and overtime, personnel files, and providing support for the District Managers. The employees are great and wonderful to work with. I was very disappointed when the Chapin, SC office was closed.
no job security
sales (Former Employee), vaJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: meeting some great people in customers
Cons: work you like crazy, no appreciation
was a good place to work until i became a key holder and had no support from upper management, worked long hard days trying to keep the store going and stayed stressed out. Dr's giving permission to sell contacts and not notating the contacts in the chart. was terminated over the contact lenses that had no Dr documentation. OH and did I mentioned it was 8 months ago,and a different store manager and still terminated.
Assistant manager rocks
Optician (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: company gives you 50% off anything in store.
Cons: no scheduled breaks
This is a great company to work for.The only drawback is the store manager.She doesn't know the job like the assistant manager.The assistant manger Jay S did a great job training new employees.She is caring,patient,and a wonderful trainer.
productive fun work place
Medical Biller (Former Employee), GADecember 22, 2014
I just work the claims, denials, process insurance payment and so on ..my co-workers were fine to work with. this job has showed me alot about doing claims, denials, rejection report, accounts receivable, answered question from patients. i know i am willing and able to work and learn.
Friendly place
Receptionist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: looking over your shoulder
This was a fun and stress free place until new management took over, then started cleaning house. Letting the old go for no reason, and hiring new.
This company is a growing organization which takes great interest in employee well being.
Bench Manager (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: the benefits package is comparable to all others organizations in this industry
Cons: there are no down side working for this organization. all employees are treating fairly, and with respect.
National Vision is the 4th largest optical manufacturer of perscription eyewear. It is the only organization in this industry that has shown growth in the last several years in North America.
Better than minimum wage, commission, business is slow
Sales associate on floor (Former Employee), Aurora, CONovember 12, 2014
Pros: above minimum wage
Cons: commission
I worked on a fairly small team of associates inside a Wal-Mart. Unfortunately, none of the personalities worked well enough together and there were many times of slow-go business and not doing anything. Up-selling was pressured on at all times. Customers are like ducks to associates, like, once an associate starts helping someone out, it's like "this is my customer, this is my commission, don't interrupt." Odd.
Very busy work place no time off
General Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PaNovember 12, 2014
Pros: working with variety of wonderful patients
Cons: overworked, no breaks, harrassment, favoritsm, 70 hr work week
Favoritsm and harrassment. District manager was very sneaky and things were not done on the up and up. Waned managers to treat employees like slaves.
Company does not care about its employees and upper management covers up for other upper management
Great place to work with a lot of upside
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CaOctober 23, 2014
> Consisted of aiding customers as well as assisting Dr. with pre-screening

>How to work with people

>Management was great, a lot of mentoring

>Co-workers were great, it was a great atmosphere

>Hardest part of the job was the pace at which you must perform

>Most enjoyable part of the job was the aiding of individuals being able to see.
good work place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great company
I had fun everyday, working with patients. I achieved my dispensing license while here.
ability to get people to have when trust in me that they will get the garage
Optometric Assistant (Former Employee), Oneida, NYOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: paying for parking
while working at national vision I learned the work to file write out RX and have great communications with people. i am devoted hard worker.I enjoy talking with people and helping them with the best of my ability and If I can not help I will find someone who can help. To make a business a success you ha be to be professional and work together as a a team.
Run
Optician (Former Employee), SCOctober 12, 2014
Cons: favoritism, lack of compensation
Want you to work every weekend. Like you don't have a family. Lots of favoritism don't call upper management, they come in like they are going to fix the problems but don't. If you aren't friends with management. You are always getting complaints. No praise on a job well done. When hiring new people management tells them negative things about current employees. Run for the hills before working for this company bottom line only care about money. If not friends with management getting days of is a hassle.
Optometric assistant
Optometric asssistant (Former Employee), St Louis areaOctober 10, 2014
Pros: average pay
Cons: no time for a family life
Our manager and our assistant manager were told by their manager and his manager to " put out or get out"! They put out then quit. I can't believe that those two men still work for the company or haven't been sued for harassment.
Company that seems to care about it's employees
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Bluefield, VASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and bosses
Cons: walmart!
I worked for National Vision for 13 years and met many great people. Management and higher ups really make an effort to connect with the associates. Most difficult part was the fact that the shop was located inside Wal-Mart.
great opportunity!! learned a lot
General Manager (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VASeptember 16, 2014
demanding , great learning experience on the management level
Model of Company is awesome, Compensation for Employees Horrible.
Optician (Former Employee), Nebraska/TexasAugust 28, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: compensation, commission, and insurance
Nation Vision is the forth Largest Optical Company. With a model for its retail divisions are great. Americas Best with the 2 pair for 69.95 and free exam, Eyeglass World with the BOGO. just to name a few. I enjoyed working for them I learned a great deal as far as eye health and care. But at the end of the day I felt like all I did for them I wasn't compensated the best. They start you out at part time, min wage after a year you receive about a quarter raise. If you are chosen to be thirdkey you receive a $1 raise but if you step down from that position you lose the $1 raise. If you want full time you have to fight for it. Don't expect to have a life either you are required to work weekends and Holidays, they only close 3 times a year Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Years Day. Some locations are open 7 days a week. The general managers are great and knowledgeable, some Assistant Managers need to be educated more as a lot of them have no clue. Working for this company gives experience to those needing medical field experience. But if you are a 1 income family, I suggest you look else where as it will be hard to support your family. All and all its a good company to work for but they need to learn how pay their employees better.
Satisfactory work enviroment which can be turned around with meeting your goals through the day.
current employer..Lab tech (Current Employee), 3230 Acton Rd. Redstone Arsenal Al. 35808July 13, 2014
Checking incoming supplies from vendors and other labs, review goals and budgets for the day, week and period. Review goals for the work day and week with General manager listen to info from District Manager...Help patients from near by Ophthalmologist to fulfill there eye care needs with co-workers.Get threw the rush hours with minimal problems and view how the benefits of reaching our goal rewards us in our job...
nice people working together
AR Prep (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks
Adequate working hours, co- workers are friendly, and you get Fridays and Saturdays off. Some mandatory overtime is required.
Optometric Technician
Optometric Technician (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: retail scene
Performed pre-testing on customers prior to their exam. Good company to work for. I am not into the retail scene and this is working in retail. Management was great, benefits are extremely high.
Fun Workplace
LICENSED APPRENTICE OPTICIAN (Current Employee), Carson City, NVMay 11, 2014
Pros: fun, enjoyable co-workers
Cons: dealing with angry customers
A typical day at work includes helping customers with purchase of eyeglasses, assisting customers in picking out frames and lenses dependent on their needs and adjusting and cleaning eyeglasses.

I learned many things about Optical work and what it takes to make a customer happy.

The hardest part of the job is being unable to make an angry customer happy and not filling their needs. This doesn't happen very often, but it is very frustrating when it does.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer puts on his/her eyeglasses for the first time and can see properly. I like when I can fulfill their needs and they leave happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Vision, Inc.

National Vision, Inc. (NVI) is the fourth largest optical retailer in the United States, operating over 700 retail locations in – Read more

National Vision, Inc. Salaries