National Wild Turkey Federation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Not stable place to be
Employee (Current Employee) –  Edgefield, SCOctober 21, 2017
Management seems to always have hidden agenda's. You never know what is coming from one day to the next. They like to do reductions in force, blame someone else and tell the same story of how this is the last time we do this and we are going to fix it. Bottom line, this place suffers from poor or mismanagement at the most senior levels.
Pros
you can easily spend a year or two drawing a paycheck here and never really work at all
Cons
poor management
Great work environment and wonderful employees
Assistant to NWTF Seed Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCJanuary 1, 2017
I learned more about wild turkeys than I knew was possible. Very interesting subject, with many dedicated people in the federation to the conservation of this animal.
Pros
Great staff and work environment
Cons
only had a temp position
Great place to be apart of a team.
Frame Shop Tech. (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCSeptember 26, 2016
I've always loved hands on work. At this job we did lots of it. from assembly line work to loading and unloading '53 foot trailers by hand. Great teamwork was key.
Pros
relationship among coworkers.
Cons
You will get dirty.
Best job & organization.
Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCAugust 7, 2015
This is the best job & organization for whom I have worked. The culture and people were fantastic. Unfortunately, due to turmoil between the Board and executive staff, a new CEO was brought onboard who decided to make several changes to his staff. I was subsequently laid off.
Pros
People & environment.
Cons
Board of Directors
Productive and Challenging place to work
Warehouse worker/ Ticket printer (Current Employee) –  Edgefield, SCJuly 27, 2015
Fun workplace with a good group of guys to work with/for. The management and company care about you on a personal level. Not a lot of politics.
Pros
Paid holidays off, good medical
Cons
Not the greatest pay
Great non-profit conservation organization led by inexperienced CEO in recent years.
Senior Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Montana and WyomingMay 24, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed the job I performed for the NWTF. However, major changes began to occur when a new CEO was appointed by a National Board about 6 years ago and the organization has struggled under this new leadership. Many jobs have been eliminated under this new management leadership in order to meet profit expectations set by the board.
A great place to work for people who believe in Conservation, and in the future of the wild turkey
Director of Human Resources for 280 FTE's (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCJanuary 19, 2015
A great conservation employer. Employees can bring their dogs to work. The organization has a hugh outreach to children and veterans.
More NWTF
founding member (Former Employee) –  Zumbrota, MNApril 21, 2014
Strong local Chapter
could use more committee members to help with the work
A great place for an internship
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Edgefield SCDecember 4, 2013
I interned at the National Wild Turkey Federation so it was not a paying job. I interned in the communications department so I worked with their magazine and their social media department. I learned a lot about social media and what goes in to producing a magazine. The employees there were wonderful and helpful. I got to experience so many different extracurricular activities while there.
Great orginization for promoting youth outdoors
Local Chapter Board Member (Former Employee) –  Hays, KsMay 5, 2013
Promote conservation of wild life and youth hunting. The people in this Organization are dedicated to promoting youth in the outdoors.

Want to know more about National Wild Turkey Federation?

Ask a question
Great Organization
Regional Director/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCOctober 22, 2012
Great team atmosphere, fun and rewarding work, but at the time of my employment was a challenging time for fundraising and membership recruitment - key components to the overall success of the organization.
Productive and fun place to work.
Ware House Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgefield, SCOctober 5, 2012
-A typical day was spent loading/unloading cargo and shipping items using UPS and FedEx logistical software.

-I learned how to do inventory and use logistical software.

-The management was very laid back, but professional.

-Most of my co-workers were productive.

-The physical burden of loading and unloading carge off of tractor trailers.

-The most enjoyable thing was being around people who enjoyed the outdoors as much as I do.