National Wildlife Federation Employee Reviews in United States

The best company I've ever worked for
Office Personnel (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAMay 26, 2016
This company has its hands in so many projects for the young ones and really does treat its employees with honor, respect and kindness.
I learned so many things while I was employed there! They allow for advancement, and encourage you to find your "niche". I was able to do almost every job there and hated the fact that they moved their operations to Northern Virginia and I couldn't relocate with them.
The management team really focused on our well being. They were not overly structured, not micromanaged and planned activities for the whole company and included everyone.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with some customers that received broken or damaged items in shipping. And the most enjoyable thing was just the fact that they really cared and took care of our well being.
Pros
Caring, supportive staff
Cons
Moved operations out of my relocation abilities.
Great cause and professional work environment. Hard workers and a management who would also celebrate accomplishments.
Data Entry and Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 16, 2015
Normal 8-9 work hours daily in a clean office work space. In both positions I held, the co-workers were good at what they did and accomplished the tasks in a timely manner. Inputing, creating and distributing information and reports to complete payroll for the company and administratively aide a department. The hardest part of the job was simply the commute into McLean, VA. The people and cause of the company were the best parts.
Well managed, fun, and a true experience
Human Resources Benefits Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Wonderful individuals who cared about what they were doing and where there for one another. From this position I had my taste of a true office type setting and work day. Clear lines of management and the ability to communicate concerns and progress with management was a large plus in insuring a decent working atmosphere.
Pros
fun atmosphere and company events
Cons
temperary work assignement
Dynamic team paired with Refreshing work enviornnent.
Eco-Schools outreach coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2014
NWF is one of those organizations you can't help but love. Inner office communication is plentiful and management is extremely clear about assignments as to allow an effective work environment. NWF promotes symbiotic relationship between departments which makes tasks a whole lot simpler. Hence my five star overall rating.
Very flexible work environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Reston, VirginiaAugust 17, 2014
Always lots to do and never a dull moment. You have to have a very patient personality as many of the employees need a lot of hand holding. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep everyone satisfied. The most enjoyable part is the getting to know people and being able to build great relationships.
Good
Director of Marketing Operations (Former Employee) –  Herndon VAApril 25, 2014
Process oriented company and helps to learn many new processes, tools and new technical skills, thus helps employees' career growth. I have worked in various projects with different platforms which helped me to handle the projects with different technologies
Fun place to work
Development team Intern (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Fun place to work. Everyone is very friendly, taught me everything I need to do my job and I could ask them if I had any questions.
horrible benefits/lack of growth potential
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 24, 2013
I worked in the Treasury department and the Treasury manager was a mean-spirited person. As an entry level accountant, I was not able to learn anything under this manager. So glad I do not work for the NWF anymore.
Pros
nice building
Cons
the treasury manager
Wonderful Organization
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAApril 9, 2013
Worked in the Catalog division and would have to say I would still be with this company if they hadn't shut this division down.
Pros
love the interaction with the public and management
Cons
closed their doors for business.
I was an intern.
Community Organizing Intern (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 3, 2013
I served as an intern for the National Wildlife Federation. It was a great company to work for. I developed a tool on flame retardants that covered legislation, properties, and actions being made on flame retardant use. I was given guidance and assisted when needed and guidelines were clear and to the point. Great place to work.
Great place to work!!
Senior MicroSystems Administrator/Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 12, 2012
If not for the fact that I experienced the "ceiling" in terms of advancement, I would probably still be with National Wildlife Federation.
Nwf
Accounts Payable/ Travel Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 14, 2012
Liked the position as long as I was able to work as an accounts payable clerk.
Enjoyable in the off season, Stressful in the busy season
Corporate Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  winchester, vaAugust 22, 2012
The hardest part of the job was that management couldnt communicate when it came to new guidelines. I did enjoy the people I worked with, they were great.
Working at NWF was an awesome exprience. The working environment, my manager and everyone there were very helpful.
Customer and Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 27, 2012
NWF gave me chance to deal with real life business challenges and problems. I learned how to deal with customer and so many tools and techniques about customer service, administrative and computer related things.

4.2