National Write Your Congressman Employee Reviews

Good Company
Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TX 75080May 1, 2017
Plan out your calls, review latest information, check outside sources.
Take good notes when making cold colds and enter information into leads program (When it works, on business card and home file when it does not). Put out fires from home office and customers, be flexible and sharp. Make sure information is completed on New business and Renewal Business on paperwork.

Ownership and upper management are very good people. Belief in God and doing the right thing with people. Some middle management needs to be replaced, causing new hires to fail.
Not all good sales people are good management people.

Supportive workplace culture.

Commission only, so you have great weeks and bad weeks.

The Customers, the upper management and many co workers are just great to work with.
Pros
Believe in God and Doing the Right thing!
Cons
Commission only sales, takes several years to build base!
Company with a great mission, product and service
National Recruiter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 26, 2016
I have worked for NWYC for ten years and completely agree with their mission. They/we sell a unique product which is nice as selling in most arenas involve a great deal of competition. I was well trained and believe the training is comparable to companies such as Xerox Corp which is known for superb sales instruction.

Management has been great; very supportive. Coworkers are the kind of high fliers I worked with at Xerox. They are competitive, personable, hard working and a pleasure to get to know. The hardest part of the job for me is, as with every sales organization I can think of, repetition and sometimes having to put in a great deal of effort to reach your objectives. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting people to become activists in their political arenas.
Pros
Getting to make a living helping others become more active in the legislative process.
Was lied to about the job, pay and product
sales representative (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 30, 2015
I was hired at a 12 week base pay no matter what, then was switched to a 4 week base pay without any explanation., The training was almost non existent, two weeks on the road with a seasoned manager ??? driving my car and gas, told to wear a suit when he did not, we went days without sales and making no money. They try to brainwash you into thinking your actually selling a valuable service as a patriotic service, but your just schlepping a lie to small business owners to sign up to their service.

A total waste of my time, paychecks promised every week, averaged every 10-12 days and never correct.

stay away and look for a real job, this is just a version of a multi level management systems with all the commission going up to the top guys.

when you call for help everyone puts you off on someone else, never return calls, and send you text messages late at night to make it appear they are concerned.
Pros
Cons
listed above
Strait Commision work
Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 13, 2015
This is one of the best company to work for, but in some case the product, (getting people more involved with more participation to what our government does) is difficult to promote and since the salary is strait commission my income has many ups and downs.
Fun and Exciting
New Business Development (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2015
Fun and Exciting with Great Income Potential. You have to have an entrepreneurial mindset because this is a 100% commission based career opportunity.
Great company to work for!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 21, 2014
Wonderful sales position. Exciting, fun, and easy to make alot of money (if you put in the work) Uncapped sales. Managers actually care about you. Training week is relaxed but very informative. Trainers and Managers put in tons of effort to make sure you are confident, comfortable with the job, and know what to do. There is a lot of freedom. Great retention rate---business owners love this product. Can sell it to anyone who wants to stay informed about legislation that is going on. Overall, great experience!
Dream Career
Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 21, 2014
I love working at National Write Your Congressman. The cause is why I am here, but I make an excellent living for my family. After all these years, I'm amazed at the level of support I get. It's a blessing to go out and meet good Americans every day and get paid to do it. The friends I have made within the company and out in the field are really just amazing!
Pros
Flexible schedule, answer to myself, cause is important, product is great, phenominal income!
Cons
I have to be organized and get out there and work. Some days can be tougher than others, but it all comes together each week.
Rewarding Career
Sales Rep, Trainer, and Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 27, 2014
National Write Your Congressman is unique in that it is not only family owned and operated but puts the sales person first.
Every decision they make is about how can we grow and how can we help the Sales Representative make more money and have a long term career.

The retention of members is well over 70% and getting better every year.

I could not be more proud to be associated with a company that has high Integrity, great compensation, a mission that is noble, and is forward thinking. And to top it off, the values of the Adamson family of God, Family, and Country is where I want to put my hat.

If you want a rewarding career that and one that you get the members you enroll year after year, you need to consider this career.
Pros
Sales Driven, Great Training, Great Culture
Cons
Wish I would have started when I was younger.
Great Sales Position
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 8, 2014
This is a wonderful sales position for me. I am able to make a six figure plus income and do something I believe in. It's an honor to be able to work at NWYC. The leadership here are servant leaders and desire my success. It's evident in everything they do to help the field force. We are apprecitated. The product we sell is outstanding and much needed, especially today!
Pros
I set my own schedule, I am completely in charge of my success, If I get out there and do the work, I get results., The sales system used at NWYC works.
Cons
I have to do the work No one is going to do it for me, so reps must self manage, It is also important to really believe in the mission to have success.
Sales Training - Poor
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMarch 23, 2014
Major disappointment. This organization has a slam dunk policy of selling - pressure sales. You simply go business-to-business and overwhelm/con a clerk into securing an appointment with a decision maker in order to make a sale. It is all about a numbers game - everyone is a prospect!

They are not interested in qualifying potential clients, simply a numbers game. My trainer was extremely unprofessional (saying this discreetly) and was asked to leave one of his sales presentations because of one of his "outrageous comments". He is/was with this organization for a number of years.

This was my experience with this organization and is intended to help in the "hiring decision/process".
Pros
Business Model
Cons
Lack of Professional Sales Team; Slam Dunk Approach to Selling
Don't do it!
Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake city, UTOctober 4, 2013
I memorized my script, practiced it every day and did everything my trainer asked of me. I went out from 7 or 8 every morning and went to businesses all day. I worked my butt off.
I didn't make any money for 3 weeks. I am the sole source of income for my family and we are close to homeless. I was motivated to make this work and be the one who made tons of money, but it doesn't work.
In Utah people don't think their vote counts, so they didn't want anything to do with this. The economy is bad right now, so people weren't willing to pay for this service.
It was a poor move for me to leave my steady income for something that may or may not work.
Pros
I like my trainer, that's it
Cons
no money, wasted gas, no benefits, service is too expensive
Very stable company with a view to continue growth & innovation
Midwest Region Membership Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Longmont, ColoradoAugust 6, 2013
In my 10 years with this company, I've enjoyed the opportunity to participate at a upper-management level and believe the management team within our organization compares favorably with any in the country.

Our sales force is extremely dedicated to the mission of NWYC, and are some of the hardest-working people I've met in my 26 years of sales & sales management experience.
Pros
Stability, Innovative, Growing
Cons
no major cons
Friendly and relaxed environment
Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas TexasAugust 1, 2013
NWYC has a great vibe and the nicest staff. Things are handled so professionally and in a relaxed manner. Not to say that they don't work hard because they do! Great communication between management and individuals. Everyone has an open door policy.
If you follow the dress code and attendance and do what you are supposed to do there is nothing that could go wrong.

Just a very relaxed, great place to work.
Pros
Consistent. Open door policy. Relaxed. Management is Very personable. Great Kitchen.
Family atmosphere, friendly home office staff & christian core valuse as a company
National Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 18, 2012
Coordinate all recruiting activity across the country for 6 regional managers and one full time hiring manager. Work with a great group of women and men who are willing to do whatever is needed to get the job done. It is a family atmosphere in the home office and across the country! Sourcing qualifies candidates for our outside sales positions proves challenging because we are looking for a very special type sales professional with a passion for America. NWYC is a Christian based company that values God, family & country. Everyone here strives to get business owners more informed and involved in the legislative process. We supply nonpartisan information to our members and believe strongly in our mission and cause.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Write Your Congressman. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2