National

National Employer Reviews

A great learning environment
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, IlNovember 17, 2014
• Developed point of sale touch screen applications using Visual Basic
• Created test cases for point of sale system.
• Worked with technical writer with documentation of code and manuals for existing and new systems
My Career
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), 3134 Pleasant Hall Baton Rouge, La 70803July 29, 2014
Pros: rewarding, great coworkers
Cons: temporary
I am now working for National Center for Biomedical Research and Training. Our home base is located in Pleasant Hall at L.S.U., where we put together a plan to keep our country safe. My particular job applies to on-line courses for first responders all over the country. If they have trouble navigating the courses I am there to assist them. I also edit and approve all registrations, and keep all the transcripts reconciled and filed in our DMS system. I am working with Microsoft Office, and our own DMS computer system. It is very rewarding and I truely love everything about my job. I am just sorry that it is going to end because the on-line courses are being discontinued.
My co-workers all work very hard, we have a fantastic team that really helps one another. There is really nothing difficult about my job. There are lots of things about this job that is enjoyable. Helping the students is most rewarding, and the relationship with my coworkers is fantastic, we really enjoy working together.
Education
Family Care Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 21, 2014
Pros: children and families
Cons: no benefits
I enjoyed working for the company. The company did not have any benefits.
Tribal Liaison (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2013
Self paced and collaborative place to work. Great management and co-workers.
Provided a nice work experience for retired at&t people
Damage Prevention Inspector (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 14, 2013
Pros: work at your own pace
Cons: too much driving
Very nice work experience at National, worked 40 hours weekly and I was on my own to work at my own pace.
In This work we dont have materials recurs.
Specialist in project development (Former Employee), HavanaAugust 25, 2013
Pros: nothing
The people was very nice, but exist many differences betwen old and young people.
I learn about the biologyst of soil.
Great job!
Merchandiser (Individual Contractor) (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2013
I really enjoyed my time with National/Mosaic. I started part time and was then brought on full time. I would have stayed but the company started losing contracts and worked slowed down.
informative
PR Practitioner (Former Employee), Natchitoches, LAMay 31, 2013
worked with very smart people. Very interesting information and a great learning experience.
Great place to work, overall I liked it alot
Taxi Cab Driver/Personal Tour Guide (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 18, 2013
Pros: my own boss
Cons: no benefits
Typically a day at work lasted 12 hours from 3:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. I picked people up and navigated through the city to they're destination entertainining and being entertained on the way. Giving advice as well as listening. I learned alot about my city, about people, about life. The management was well respected by myself as well as coworkers, he was fair, yet stern. There was a comrodery between us as coworkers, we helped eachother, shared with eachother, met eachothers family's. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom and financial stability.
working under ground, seeing the things embedded in the rocks
Coal Miner (Former Employee), Briceville, TNFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: same temp year round about 60 degrees
Cons: dusty, dirty, muddy, dangerous
putting coveralls on, belt with battery, hammer, tape, light, loading on man trip and going in mine, getting to your work area starting to work, watching coal on belt, watching machinery, watching each other, and roof, rib and things for safety, belting up was usely the hard thing to do, watching everything run smooth was a breeze
Organization is going thru a restructure (6th year in a row).
Event Specialist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: travel and meeting great organizations with a purpose.
Cons: organization has had 7 ceo's in the last 6 years, and turn over is extremely high. lack of professional leadership and inexperienced ceo.
assist event managers with priority timelines tasks
co-workers have dwindled due to leadership had been targeting and harassing them negatively.
Very uncomfortable environment, lots of tension and poor direction of leadership and no go to market plan for the organization. No one could tell you what the goals or core competencies are.
Everyone is out for themselves.
IT Support Service
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRNovember 14, 2012
Maintained, analyzed, upgraded, and repaired computer systems, hardware, routers, switches, wireless networking, operating systems and computer peripherals.

Supports and maintains user account information, including rights, security, passwords, and systems groups.

Attended troubleshooting phone calls.

Remote troubleshooting

Backup Maintenance.
Review
INTERNSHIP - ADENTA MUNICIPAL ASSEMBLY (Former Employee), ADENTAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: flexible closing time
Cons: short break, healthcare
FUN WORKPLACE
TEAM WORK
CORDIAL RELATIONSHIP AMONG SENIOR AND JUNIOR STAFF
Summer internship
Intern (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 17, 2012
Summer internship interviewing potential claimants in a class action case.

Worked with dedicated and passionate people.