Nations Lending Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Not for those who want a life
Worker (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHFebruary 16, 2016
Compensation is not equal to hard work. Very little room for advancement. No work life balance. Management does not care for employees.
Pros
uh
Cons
everything
Productive work enviroment with fun stress relief such as ping pong and darts
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Carrolton TexasAugust 27, 2015
I would show up at 8 am everyday and stay until 6pm calling realtors and clients, creating business relationships with realtors and making sure clients were well taken care of. I learned great phone skills, a lot about how the mortgage industry worked, and most important I learned how to deal with upset clients and smooth things over. My boss was very good at what he did and taught me so much in my time with NLC. This was one of the coolest group of co-workers i have had the pleasure of working with, they were personable and made the office a fun place to work. The hardest part of this job was cold calling and the most enjoyable would have to be the constant interaction with new people.
Pros
Small team so everyone knew everyone
Cons
Long drive to work
Make calls and gather relationships
Account Executive/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  irving TXAugust 21, 2015
I like the people like the culture
There were a lot of changes while I was there.
typical day make calls.
make relationships
close loans
Pros
great culture
Cons
healhcare is expensive as it is. I Want to close all my loans that never happened
Procession
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Independence OhioMarch 4, 2015
the management was poor and did not have the basic business knowledge to answer questions or solve problems. They had a belief in not following guideline standards for processing and approving loans.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
poor management lack of business knowledge
Large, yet flexible
Appraisal Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 1, 2014
I have worked for a variety of companies, from international to owning my own business. One of the things I feared when joining a company of NLC's size was institutionalization of practice; that I would have trouble obtaining the tools I needed to do my job. Happily I can say that if I had a rationale for needing a certain piece of software or access to particular information, management was very responsive.
Pros
flexible work schedule, strong management support
Great place for opportunity
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 31, 2014
I can't thank this company enough for the opportunity they have allowed me. For anyone who says different well maybe they just didn't work hard enough. There is a lot of work that goes into being first class and it's certainly not for everyone. NLC has allowed me the opportunity to grow and to be great all while proving exceptional leadership.
Pros
support, leadership and great people
Cons
there are no cons if you give it your all
Nations Lending Corporation is a great company to work for, unfortunately they do not have the budget for advancement.
Junior Banker/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  4 Summit Park Dr Independence OHAugust 20, 2013
Field incoming calls and make out bound calls to potential clients
Work up milestone notes for home refinancing, pull credit
Follow up with prospects about DOC's still needed
Management is okay
The hardest part of the job would be knowing NLC does not have the budget for advancement at this time
Most enjoyable part of the job would helping NLC close loans and earn money
Nlc provides opportunities
Warehousing Manager (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 2, 2014
I have been working at NLC for several years and have been provided several opportunities for growth and advancement. This truly is a wonderful company to work for, and I appreciate being a part of it.I could not ask for better ownership as they are and have always been involved, committed and focused on providing a wonderful work environment.
NLC LOANS- Loan orginator review.
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  IndependenceMarch 31, 2014
I have worked at NLC loans for nearly a year and a half. I started as essentially a call center rep. After I proved myself I was moved to a jr. banker who assists the Senior Loan Originator. 7 months ago they promoted me to a Senior Loan Originator. NLC has provided me with ample training. I came from the science industry so the banking industry was foreign to me. I now feel like a seasoned vet. The best part about NLC is the great atmosphere. My co-workers are extremely friendly and we have a game room when we need a mental break. The pay is fair and you have the ability to make what salary you desire if you put in the work. The managers allow you to be you and have your own style. They are not overbarring. Do to their efforts there is no need to micro-manage. I have enjoyed my career here at NLC and can't wait to see where it goes.
Pros
atmosphere, pay
Cons
late hours.
Corporate culture is balanced through its staff.
Management (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 2, 2014
The company is built around great people. The staff make the experience at NLC a great place to work. Work hard play hard is the saying. NLC presents opportunities for advancement and professional growth and is always looking for an edge to provide to its clients and employees.
Pros
lounge, avanti market place
Don't plan on this being long term
Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 13, 2014
The company actively recruited me away from steady employment, then laid me off after less than two months. The lay offs were done in the most demeaning and degrading manner. Shortly after all of the lay offs, they were advertising for the same positions they eliminated. Clearly, poor long term planning on their part.
Nlc is a great company to work for/great respect and appreciation for hard working employees
Processor (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 31, 2014
I am a current Processor for Nations Lending Corp. (offsite) and have loved every moment of working for them! I have been with the company since December 2012 and they provided a great training week when I started to get familiar with the way their work flow moves. I get great support with questions and/or concerns I may have, I am asked my opinion by the CEO of the company as management does NOT look down on you for having a lower position. Management appreciates and acknowledges employees that put in hard work, which in itself makes it rewarding. I have been in the mortgage industry for over 12 years and have to say I have not yet worked for a mortgage company that is as supportive, friendly & appreciative (by all management levels) as NLC has been! I would 100% refer or recommend anyone to come work for this company!!!!!
Energetic workplace with improved support staff
Processing Manager/Branch Liason (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 1, 2014
I have worked for NLC since 2007 and as with many mortgage lenders, we have seen our share of ups and downs in the industry, but ownership is committed to growing and learning and improving. NLC is committed to the betterment of their employees and this is evident in the change that is being instituted. NLC is continuing to recognize the strengths of current employees and moving them into positions to exact change - CHANGE FOR THE BETTER! I am proud to work for a company that is dedicated to not only its employees, but to the community as well - we participate in and promote numerous charity events. If you are a quality employee, then there is a home for you at NLC.
Pros
positive energy toward growth and improvement; flexible schedules, knowledgeable support staff
Cons
this industry can be stressful - more industry related than nlc-specific
Good Place to Work
Processor (Current Employee) –  IndependenceApril 1, 2014
Change is constant, but is typical for this industry.
Hard work and dedication is rewarded
Management goes to bat for you
Mgmt is in the process of improving how work flows between sales & production, which makes things more efficient for everyone.
Pros
bonuses & supportive management
Cons
overzealous underwriters
All around wonderful company
CCR (Current Employee) –  Independence, ohioApril 2, 2014
Nations lending corp is a wonderful company to work for! As a CCR and previous Junior B I have had the opportunity to work with a variety of management and employees.. I personally couldnt ask for a better employer! Their generosity, and caring for the public as far as donations to a variety of charities, having charity events , The Big Mortgage Giveaway to a family in need ect.. I could go on and on .. The participation from the entire company not only the management is unbelievably heart warming!! The training and ability to advance, the promoting from within is just outstanding and well organized! This has a very work friendly environment that makes it a pleasure to come to work everyday! i personally feel honored to work for such a well rounded company and excited for many years to come!
Pros
thorough training, learning skills, individual training, participating in charity events, ability to advance from within..
Cons
may gain a few pounds from sitting down all day
Typical day at work
Receptionist-Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, OHMay 1, 2014
I loved my job working with people:) I was an assistant manger of a call center, I learned how to work with people inside and outside of my job. The hours were great, the people were great I learned a lot from this job.
Excellent group to work with, management team very efficient.
Government Underwriter (Current Employee) –  jacksonville, flJune 15, 2013
Currently seeking remote DE Underwriting position. Due to staffing cuts my position ended with Nations Lending on 6/14/2013.
Pros
enjoyable group to work with
Cons
position ended
great people
Sr. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irving TXDecember 18, 2014
Irving TX
Great processors
great manager
great system
great owners
great products
Pros
ability to work remotely
Daily work duties
ASSISTANT BANKER CALL CENTER (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 13, 2013
Recieve inbound calls in a call center environment. Outbound take an application with customers which consists of 10 to 15 minutes to interview them.
working from home
Remote Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 19, 2014
processed home loans from home. I enjoyed working from home