Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews in United States

When you imagine a desk job, you're imagining this.
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 7, 2016
Our company is quite large, and constantly growing - to give insight on the entirety of the company would be an impossible task.

But it appears all departments are run differently, and it's "luck of the draw" with management when entering in to your assigned posistion.

I don't dislike my company, or my superiors/co-workers, but it feels stale. I have not seen much in the way of upward mobility for myself or co-workers.
I do, however, feel the company is trying to take steps in the right direction - for the sake of morale. Refurbished break rooms were the start, and it will be interesting to see where it goes.
Pros
Not much in the way of micro-managing.
Cons
Compensation, and sometimes the lack of accessibility to upper management.
massive hiring proceess that didnt do backgroud checks
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2015
The company and management were great. Most processors needed to go away. They tried to get rid of the floaters and troubled ones (and believe me, there were a lot). The hardest part of the job was the constant bickering between employees who were productive month after month and being frowned upon for this by those who tried to just skate by. The goals were the same for everyone.
Pros
Pay, benefits, attemtped team building
Cons
Co workers who were not productive
Call Center Life
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 23, 2015
My day started with logging into my phone and taking calls. Customer were rude and you had to accept it all day. There was no such thing as make the customer accountable for there actions it felt as if we had to do whatever to keep them. There was no appreciation from management for the hard work only ways we could do better. If I wanted to take off it had to be approved and thousand other question needed to follow up with it. No advancement at all
Pros
bonus
Cons
timed brakes phones and insurance benefits were horrible
Great Company with Breat Benefits!
Loan Modification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 2, 2016
Great Company with Awesome benefits!! You can pick your work hours which works well for my family. Co-workers are focused and driven to succeed.
Great Compensation
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 11, 2015
Nationstar Mortgage is great at compensation valued experience. They recognize the competitive market when it comes to pay.
Pros
Good Health care Packages, Great compensation
Cons
Often working thru breaks and lunches, little communication from management
Very high turnover
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 15, 2015
Poor management structure; politics; very minimal work life balance. The culture is very laid back throughout the firm; jeans everyday
Pros
Compensation
Cons
high turnover, minimum to no work/life balance
Great pay and benefits
bankruptcy (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Great Place to work great benefits room for advancement for a hard working person. Great hours and environment and management staff.
Benefits
Cons
Stability
low paying place to work
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 19, 2015
This company was very good at hiring new people in the middle of the housing crisis in 2009. They were very good at bringing on new people with little to no experience and getting them trained within a month. However, the pay was very low and the managers were very big micromanagers, logging your every moment.
Pros
healthcare, 401k, job security
Cons
low pay
Work/life balance isn't the best.....
SOX Compliance/SEC Reporting Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 29, 2015
Though it isn't written, it is required that you work a minimum of 10 hours a day. There isn't any room for growth nor is the company stable.
Pros
Conveniently located.
Cons
work-life balance, compensation, stability.
Nice employees that you can truly call friend outside of work.
Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 1, 2016
Same routine, although the job is easy the system we use are very generic and manual.. I can't contribute any learning from the job however I feel like with my experience I've contribute to the job since I was one of the first 4 to start, so I was able to add with experience and learning from other jobs in the past., Co-workers make it fun and we work together well to get the job done, Managers and AVP's are very immature and as far as managing I have yet to witness such job functions from managers, The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication and trust.. The most enjoyable part of the is the that everyone on the team co-workers pull their weight.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Health Care
Don't come in expecting a dream job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 27, 2016
Benefits are SKY HIGH even for someone single with no kids!!!!! Then there is no way of cancelling them you are just stuck. They already don't pay much unless you come in as a temp who get started off making more than the perm reps and then they are allowed to negotiate their pay. But you don't make much and you have high benefits so you do the math. Schedules are ok but pretty much whatever you agree to when you come in is what you will pretty much have for most if not ALL of your time here. They will tell you a bunch of things about the shift bids but I have been here several months now and from what I am told they really don't exist. The best chance you have a switching shifts is switching schedules with someone else. Good luck with that!! Calls are ok but due to the lack of staff sometimes a workday can be very overwhelming.
Pros
Laid back environment, good bonuses
Cons
breaks and lunches scheduled too early, horrible low pay
Laid Back and Valued
Document Control Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 6, 2016
Nationstar had a bad reputation when I started in 2015> This year its taking a different direction for the good. There is more structure in management, more professional and after 6 months you can apply to a different position!. Nationstar has great activities every year for just their employees, for example in October 2015, they rented out the entire Six Flags Park and was only open to Nationstar employees and can bring friends/family! They also participate in Habitat for Humanity, March for Babies, Thanksigving donations, Back to School ect. It can get very stressful at time, but that's most corporate office settings. You can wear Jeans (Casual Wear) Monday- Friday!!!
Pros
Causual Attire, Decent Benefits/Pay, Room for advancement
Cons
Parking (Horizon Way looks like Walmart parking lot on Christmas Day), Building is a little older, Systems used are kind of pre-historic
All work/no life
Not Applicable (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 4, 2016
Great company except for when I received "Outstanding" on my yearly review I only received a 2.5% raise. Everyone works at least 50+ hours a week and more and more people are leaving due to the poor raises, the work load and the poor benefits which places a greater strain on the rest of us. Looking to find another company that treats employees like people. Management is great but upper echelon management does not understand that if you want to keep great people, you need to ensure you have a big enough work staff and give them decent raises, benefits and a well-balanced work/life.
Pros
Provides breakfast once a month
Cons
Poor healthcare benefits, poor raises, poor systems, no work/life balance
Current Job Overview
FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2015
NationStar Mortgage has been helpful in gaining more knowledge of the mortgage industry. I have had the opportunity to grow in this industry and become even more aware of mortgage lending especially regarding mortgage processing. I have good co-workers around me who are helpful and are very knowledge about the industyr. However working as a phone representative for a very unorganized and very under staffed company has made it a very tiring and extremely stressful work environment. Also upper management is very disorganized and gives bad communication when it comes to process changes and reasoning for changes. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the organization in itself and seeing how they treat they're employees as if they are disposable and interchangable. However working with my fellow co-workers makes the job a little easier to deal with.
Pros
co-workers, compensation, industry knowledge
Cons
upper management, disorganization, attitude of disposable reps
A Typical Day at work
Loan Counselor/Account Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 18, 2016
You would come in and be on the phones for 1.5 - 2.00 hrs. before a break, then you get a 15 minute break. You would then be on the phone for another 2.00 -2.5 hrs. before lunch which was an hour. The afternoon was the same as the morning.
I learned things about the mortgage business that I was not aware of, which has increased my overall knowledge.
I feel that management could use more training, since some of the managers did not know all that was necessary for the employees under their supervision to be able to handle a problem that was beyond their knowledge. I also felt that more of the managers should be willing to speak to the clients when the problem was just to involved for the team member to handle.
My co-workers were great. Everyone was nice and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who were at the end of their rope and would not listen when you were trying to help them.
I got great satisfaction when I was able to help a client and to hear their appreciation for the way I handled their problem.
No respect or appreciation for Temp to Perm hires
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 14, 2015
I started as a temp customer service employee and received sufficient training to perform my job. However, you are looked down upon by the female trainer and/ or supervisor if you know more about mortgage than they expect you to. I called off one day for something that I could not help, my son had to go to the E.R and I brought in the paperwork the next day. Although they told me that it wasn't a problem, they let me go a week later. And I had never been late or called off prior to this. Since I had been there, I watched them treat temp employees like numbers instead of people.
Pros
Free Friday Breakfast, decent temp pay
Cons
Benefits, Trainers, short breaks
Management doesn't value employee and their contribution
Associate VP (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2016
I wish I've never accepted their job offer. Management only look out for their own bottom line and job security, lack of integrity to everyone else. I can't wait to get out...
Pros
Full of opportunity to make a different
Cons
Won't be valued or rewarded for your contribution
.sd
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 5, 2016
Nationstar Mortgage is difficult in maintaining work life balance. Constantly changing priorities and inconsistant management styles on joint initatives
Very unorganized
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Processing is not as hard as they make it . The underwriters and funders are inexperienced and management does not have your back. Very, very stressful and not worth the pay.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
No work life balance and $9/ hourly
same company/different position
Account Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville TXOctober 7, 2015
Different position with the same company so the previous review stands. I exceeded my daily goals with ease. Enjoyed my co-workers and managers. Just felt I deserved higher compensation.

2.7