Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage Employer Reviews

Benefits, growth of company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 20, 2015
Job is a great place to begin career out of school. interactive staff and good place overall to grow and develop career in specific area.
Great team environment
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free coffee maker
Cons: travel time to work
Good place to work where it's team oriented with great co-workers and managers to be able to help you obtain your goals. Working at the convention center is a great experience as well.
Fast paced high growth environment
Vice President/Investor Reporting Support Team (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: compensation/benefits excellent
Cons: turnover in management is high
Typical day at worked can change direction depending on the deals upper management closes. Hardest part of the job was communication between the different functions as the company grew, tend to operate in silos.
good place to work
Mortgage Officer (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 16, 2015
it has been a while since I worked at nationstar. Things may be different now but when I worked there they valued their employees.
Nationstar
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 14, 2015
Pros: Bonus
Cons: Management changes a lot bonus structure changes a lot
Answer inbound calls, get on the dialer and make outbound calls, try to get borrowers approve for a modifications or a short sale. Process applications to make sure borrower have a complete packet.
Low pay and impossible VP's
Technical Writer, Post Closing (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches most days
Cons: manatory overtime most days, low bonus
Nationstar Mortgage is not the best place to work. I did not enjoy my time while working at the company. The politics there are insane.
Productive and fun work place
Loan Modification Specialist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2015
• Converted loans with validated HAMP trial plans to final HAMP modification when second to last payment has been posted.
• Evaluate when GSE loans require investor re-class and ensure re-class is complete prior to booking
• Validate accuracy of modification documents prior to vendor shipping
• Contact customer to follow up on return of signed modification documents, closing stipulations and final payment posted prior to booking
• Validate accuracy of modification documents once received from customers
• Audit all aspects of the modification to ensure accuracy
• Accurately close out cases in HSSN (GSE accounts) prior to end of current month
• Audit to determine delays within the modification process
• Countersign and Notarize finalized modification agreements
• Validate accuracy of documents prior to executing
• Resolve modification recording county rejections
Work experince
Data entry/BK Document Review (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: friendly workers and manangment, team oriented
Cons: temporary positioin
I worked payment processing; posting payments to account and reviewing account status. This was a temp assignment I floated from department to department. The positions I held while there were from foreclosure/ bankruptcy review to data entry. The environment was wonderful. Management and co-workers were always willing to help. The hardest part was this was not a permanent position which meant no benefits.
Too many hours to work
Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: overtime every week
The work is overwhelming for each person. Expected amount of work too meet deadlines are impossible. A lot of work done at home online also.
Company is trying to be the best in the mortgage business. Which is a great goal.
Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 26, 2015
I get along very well with my co-workers. Getting the numbers management sets. I am very busy which makes my day go by faster.
Good right out of college
Loan analyst (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good employees, good first job out of school, hours are good
Cons: low pay, and depending on department very bad management, and once again low pay and advancement options
To me the place is good for recent college grads that are looking for the opportunity to work in a variety of different of fields fresh out of school. They do provide heath care benefits and a hourly wage to take care of minimum basic needs.

But if you are not a recent college grad I would not recommend applying. Advancement is non exsistant, pay does NOT change once employed. Most employees leave because there pay can not be matched once they have another job offer.
People that work there are great! The company host events to show appreciation.
Senior Escrow Officer - HOA (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Every morning starts off great, with a good morning and a hello from everyone in the department. I learned a lot about the mortgage industry in the pass 4 years. Stared off in customer service, which I learn a little bit about all the departments. I am now a senior escrow officer under HOA. In this department I've learned to work with a number of entities such as REO, Claims, Investors, Vendors, Foreclosure, Title Companies, and Attorneys. My manager is a perfect fit for the department as she is very inspiring and motivating. The team, well with out them our department would not be able to succeed.
Growing too fast
Account Services Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TxFebruary 16, 2015
Nationstar has a habit of focusing on their sales before focusing on their infrastructure. Acquisitions were hectic because the systems were not updated adequately to handle the amount of new data being loaded.
no complaints
Accountant III (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 10, 2015
Great company to be apart of it's very difficult to get in the company because the mostly hire people they know or that they worked with at a previous company.
Fast Paced Production enviroment , Good technology
Bankruptcy Processor / Dedicated Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good technology
Cons: no real training, no opportunities for advancement
The technology part was great, training was mostly on the job , that I consider in this case was good. Not very much opportunities for advancement
Senior Management Sucks!!!
Manager of Loss Mitigation & Risk Management (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: nice co-workers
Below average benefits and pay is to be expected. Management is clearly disengaged with employees. Focus is on Senior Management bonuses.
Professional environment with a relaxed yet stern team feel
Irving, TX-Subordination Analyst; Loan Processor (Current Employee), Irving TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great work/lfe balance and very helpful team environment
Cons: career advancement
A typical day is to come in and dig right into your portfolio and start finding loans that are eligble to be processed and start making calls to borrowers to receive necessary documents. The most enjoyable part of processing is to hear the satisfaction from the borrowers that you have helped.
EPMO Business Analyst (Former Employee), Lewisville, TxJanuary 23, 2015
Poor management- Horribly ran EPMO department. Lack of knowledge and experience. Poor cultural environment to work in. Lack of tools and knowledge transfer. Incompetent co-workers. A very un-cohesive environment to work in. Very unprofessional management.
great place
Document Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 21, 2015
great place nice people, you get to learn about the bussiness
Great company
Project Manager/Technical Writer/Policy Analyst (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: no work from home offered
My management let us handle out work. Management was thourough in their communication efforts. It was effective and distributed often. My Management was flexible with my time, which was great. I enjoyed working at Nationstar Mortgage.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage helps turn home ownership into more than just a wish upon a star. The company services residential mortgage – Read more

Nationstar Mortgage Salaries