Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews

Growing company with a passion for the customer experience
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXFebruary 3, 2016
I really enjoy my position in Talent Acquisition at Nationstar Mortgage. They have a culture of teamwork, leadership accessibility and passion for customer service. If an opportunity for full-time employment became available, I would certainly consider it.
Pros
Comfortable work environment, above average technology
Decent Company
Escrow Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2016
Decent Company. Not a long term career company. Company is getting more organized. Management is ok. There is opportunity to grow. Company often times has the right foot not knowing what the left foot is doing and systems used are antiquated.
AVOID - Category Manager Procurement Department
Assistant Vice President - Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 29, 2016
I do not recommend working here. Procurement leadership is lacking, no procurement platform in place and turn over is extremely high. I do not recommend this company or procurement dept.
Pros
Location and new building.
Cons
Awful leadership, health care expensive and high turnover
Very Busy
Operational Control Analyst Assignments to HUD (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2016
My regular day at work I comein send a Qc report out to all the claims assignments agents. I open up my email check for all emails that are sent to me after my day ends and before I come in the morning.
Pros
Free lunches and incentives
Cons
Health care
Very unorganized
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Processing is not as hard as they make it . The underwriters and funders are inexperienced and management does not have your back. Very, very stressful and not worth the pay.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
No work life balance and $9/ hourly
Great pay and benefits
bankruptcy (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Great Place to work great benefits room for advancement for a hard working person. Great hours and environment and management staff.
Benefits
Cons
Stability
just OK
Registration Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 1, 2016
typical work day consist of coming in making my introduction calls and introducing myself as the processors to my new customers. checking emails and responding accordingly. Uploading newly received documents into appropriate accounts, making out bound calls to collect new documents after clearing conditions accordingly. learned the entire process of loan processing and the importants of the calls that were needed, and how to check credit. Micro Managed and very high turn over rate with no room for error and made all the employees not to fun to be around most the time because of numbers more so end of month which I know understand.
Pros
lunch provided every Friday and a really good bistro on campus
Cons
sometimes no breaks in order to get work completed
Fun, productive, and good environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 30, 2015
First time in mortgage and learned a lot. Management is willing to help and develop reps and motivates growth! I come in do my job and go home, no micro managing but if assistance is needed it is provided.
Stayed very busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 28, 2015
I answered anywhere from 15 to approximately 60 calls a day to provide customer service to the customers who called, such as answering questions about their mortgage, accepting mortgage payments. I learned a lot about mortgages. Management was very low but were helpful when you could get their attention. Co workers were very fun to work with. Hardest part of the job is if you did not know an answer that a customer needed and were unable to find someone with the answer. Most enjoyable part was the bonuses and competitions to make our day at work fun.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Low management
massive hiring proceess that didnt do backgroud checks
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2015
The company and management were great. Most processors needed to go away. They tried to get rid of the floaters and troubled ones (and believe me, there were a lot). The hardest part of the job was the constant bickering between employees who were productive month after month and being frowned upon for this by those who tried to just skate by. The goals were the same for everyone.
Pros
Pay, benefits, attemtped team building
Cons
Co workers who were not productive
Stepping stone to gain experience
Loan Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 15, 2015
I'm new to the whole call center/collections/mortgage atmosphere and training was good I learned a few things that would not only help me learn how to be comfortable talking to someone over the phone than being face to face but it also helped with my vocabulary and having tough skin. I'm happy that there are managers and vice presidents who care about their employees and reward them with monthly gatherings
Pros
learning experience
Cons
set schedule
Very high turnover
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 15, 2015
Poor management structure; politics; very minimal work life balance. The culture is very laid back throughout the firm; jeans everyday
Pros
Compensation
Cons
high turnover, minimum to no work/life balance
Great Compensation
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 11, 2015
Nationstar Mortgage is great at compensation valued experience. They recognize the competitive market when it comes to pay.
Pros
Good Health care Packages, Great compensation
Cons
Often working thru breaks and lunches, little communication from management
Fast pace work environment.
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 23, 2015
Good place to work at. Always busy with phone calls and special projects. Not to difficult to move up in the company. Company took care of there employees with prizes and weekly goals to met on the weekly and monthly basis. Management are well train to coach the employees to succeed.
Pros
Work-friendly environment
Cons
changes of hours.
Call Center Life
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 23, 2015
My day started with logging into my phone and taking calls. Customer were rude and you had to accept it all day. There was no such thing as make the customer accountable for there actions it felt as if we had to do whatever to keep them. There was no appreciation from management for the hard work only ways we could do better. If I wanted to take off it had to be approved and thousand other question needed to follow up with it. No advancement at all
Pros
bonus
Cons
timed brakes phones and insurance benefits were horrible
Subpar
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 16, 2015
Good job for entry level college student. Overall subpar experience working there. Decent pay, little training, unrealistic expectations.
Very productive workplace
Loss Mitigation Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2015
Great leadership. Flexible working environment. Adequate staff for the job responsibilities. Management and co workers were great. Company that was focused on production.
Work Environment & Advancement
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist & Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 3, 2015
On the daily basis I would review accounts, follow up with clients, and help clients who are struggling. Review clients financials, taxes and advise clients what needs to be done.

With this job I learned time management in order to complete the tasks on time. As time was critical everyday because FNMA guideline were we had to touch every account assigned must be worked. I learned how much organization, communication skills, and managing accounts meant.

Management was always flexible and provided information in a timely manner in order to succeed.Co-workers were always helpful & friendly. Hardest part of the job was telling the client the hard truth about the situation the clients are in. the most enjoyable part of my job was helping clients and walking them through the process and saving their lives.
I actually found my own work
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 2, 2015
THey told me that i would get my taxes taken out but they didnt take them out and i had to pay the IRS. I wasnt too happy about that. I lilke a lot of variety in my jobs or careers. So, I enjoyed working there the people werre friendly in front of you but then they stabbed you in the back. A certain manager didnt like me so she did everything to sabotage my position and i was eventually laid off.
Pros
The people I worked for. Some little bbqs and events
Cons
I was never told how to do the job so I figured it out myself
Nationstar Summary
Loan Modification Specialist (Current Employee) –  LewisvilleOctober 18, 2015
It is a young-cultured place and many friendships can be built there. The co-workers are excellent and knowledgeable of their assignments. The most challenging aspect of the job is learning to keep up with the fast-paced environment such as covering multiple accounts with many demanding characteristics to each account.