Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews

FUN
Temporary/Contract RPC (Current Employee), lewisvilleAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work great people loved the atmosphere at this company loved the morale they presented and the competitions loved to better myself and work the best to my ability so it really helped adding that to the job it was very fun
Nasty Facility
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Laid back management, lots of overtime available and can apply for other positions in 6 months
Cons: facility is nasty
It's an OK place to work. The facility is very nasty! Other than that I really like the people I work with. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help.
Co-workers are great, but upper management is aloof
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Awesome floor level culture. Everyone is friendly, during and outside of work
Cons: Micromanagement is rampant. Too reactionary.
I currently work here. My peers are great to work with and I've developed close friendships with many of them. Even my immediate managers are a fun group of people. They're as laid back as they're allowed to be, but the problem is that upper management cracks whips too much and too often. Micromanagement never makes for a happy employee, but here at Nationstar, micromanagement is rampant. There is always something the upper management is in an uproar about, and it is always sudden, never gradual. Upper management is very reactionary, and it makes the job of a floor level representative very stressful.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: low pay
Great place to build a career and start relationship with upper management. Excellent place for advancement opportunities.
A firm with opportunities.
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJuly 23, 2015
A fast growing Firm with a strong offshore presence. Opportunities for growth and expansion.Good Benefits and great location.
Loved working for Nationstar Mortgage
Mortgage management (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 17, 2015
Loved working for Nationstar Mortgage and the management team.
Very professional group of people from sales, to processing and to underwriting.
I learned a lot, but was replaced for a less expensive employee.
Tester (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 14, 2015
The place is now very stressful. i learned many aspects of mortgage servicing. I moved to management and the stress was unbearable. The company is very reactive and not proactive.
Low key but you always knew what was expected
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee), IRVING, TXJuly 10, 2015
Management is very good. Not overpowering. Very helpful. Co-workers like a family. Everyone always ready to help. The best part of the job was having your day planned out and knowing what was expected of you.
Great work atmosphere
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 9, 2015
Holds company wide events and values employee input. Many managers to go to for help. Horrible parking situation at all buildings, needs newer buildings. great for growth and opportunities
Would NOT refer anyone to work here.
Private (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Bonuses, OT pay
Cons: Management doesn't care
This Company is NOT Job/Work Life/Balance Friendly, if management is having a bad day, so will you. System is constantly down.
Doesn't pay well but good for straight out of college.
Loss Mitigation Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 17, 2015
Doesn't pay well but good for straight out of college. I made a lot of good friends and learned a lot about the mortgage agency in a short period of time. They do provide good benefits and training.
Results focused at all costs
Vice President (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJune 15, 2015
Fast paced environment with little concern for doing things the right way. Management is more concerned with getting things done quickly. Poor leadership and lack of planning is pervasive throughout the organization.

Challenging environment that requires you to learn and adapt. Lots to learn if you can function in an unstructured environment.
No respect or appreciation for Temp to Perm hires
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free Friday Breakfast, decent temp pay
Cons: Benefits, Trainers, short breaks
I started as a temp customer service employee and received sufficient training to perform my job. However, you are looked down upon by the female trainer and/ or supervisor if you know more about mortgage than they expect you to. I called off one day for something that I could not help, my son had to go to the E.R and I brought in the paperwork the next day. Although they told me that it wasn't a problem, they let me go a week later. And I had never been late or called off prior to this. Since I had been there, I watched them treat temp employees like numbers instead of people.
Current Job Overview
FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2015
Pros: co-workers, compensation, industry knowledge
Cons: upper management, disorganization, attitude of disposable reps
NationStar Mortgage has been helpful in gaining more knowledge of the mortgage industry. I have had the opportunity to grow in this industry and become even more aware of mortgage lending especially regarding mortgage processing. I have good co-workers around me who are helpful and are very knowledge about the industyr. However working as a phone representative for a very unorganized and very under staffed company has made it a very tiring and extremely stressful work environment. Also upper management is very disorganized and gives bad communication when it comes to process changes and reasoning for changes. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the organization in itself and seeing how they treat they're employees as if they are disposable and interchangable. However working with my fellow co-workers makes the job a little easier to deal with.
Company with growth potential
Acquisitions Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville TXJune 2, 2015
Position was a relatively new position with little policies and procedures in place, so was a great opportunity for growth and creativity.
Young working envirnonment
Fannie Mae-Senior Loan Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 30, 2015
As a entry level job this is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills to further career opportunities. Working hours can be very intense, but the job scope provides in depth knowledge and positive experience.
nationstar is one of the best jobs I have ever had. The co workers are awesome and this is a very easy job and a place to advance in your career
loan processor II (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches, enjoyable place to work, compensation
Cons: dont really know any
Nationstar is in the business of helping their borrowers and assisting in in way they can to keep a borrower from going into foreclosure.
I loved it ...great experience.
Pre Purchase Review Auditor/Document indexer (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: great company atmosphere
Cons: lay offs
I loved it...everything about it was great.. The only thing I can say about is Nationstar are risk takers and sometimes things don't good so well but I loved everything about the company...
Nice work place
Loan Processor (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMay 15, 2015
My work day starts off with me returning all missed calls from the previous day. Following up with management regarding my pipeline and which files will be closing. The hardest part of my job is the long hours throughout the week that I work. The most enjoyable is the wonderful work environment and the rewards for closing multiple loans.
Too much growth in short period of time
Vice President (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 11, 2015
NSM has undergone so much growth in the past couple of years that the infrastructure and culture has not been able to keep up. They are an extreemly manual organization.