Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage Employer Reviews

great place
Document Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 21, 2015
great place nice people, you get to learn about the bussiness
Great company
Project Manager/Technical Writer/Policy Analyst (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: no work from home offered
My management let us handle out work. Management was thourough in their communication efforts. It was effective and distributed often. My Management was flexible with my time, which was great. I enjoyed working at Nationstar Mortgage.
Stressful environment
Reverse Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Extremely overworked and underpaid. Very stressfull environment
compensation good work environment not good
Active Bankruptcy Dedicated Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 13, 2015
*Responsible for taking inbound and outbound calls for active and inactive bankruptcy customers
*Responsible for effectively managing a delinquent mortgage portfolio of 1000+ loans for different investors including fannie, freddie, and etc.
*Resolves customer delinquency utilizing the most cost effective collections techniques to resolve customer delinquency
* Work towards a permanent solution on loss mitigation accounts
* Responsible for the reporting and projections throughout the month as required by management.
*Responsible for handling active and inactive bankruptcy accounts within legal terms.
*Responsible for referring loans to short sale or deed in lieu if modification is not an option.

*Special Project Duties*

*Audit Loan to determine if Nationstar in compliance on acquisition loans from Ocwen, Aurora, and BOA that were in trial modification, final modification, or in review for modification.
*Completed second level audits to determine if exception or pass files were valid so that Nationstar is able to determine the amount of fine that will be received based on data collected.
Good work place enviorment
Dedicated Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Good enviorment with plenty of growth happening ... Plenty of knowledge being learned on a day to day basis
Productive and family enviorment
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: flexability
Cons: laidoff
Very good company to work for, company was mainly a family environment that allowed building relationships and also allowed experience to be gained in many other departments which in turn allowed room fro growth and opportunity. Company was stable until the last few years then bought out by anther company.
Best job ever
Research Specialist II (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 8, 2015
I love this place. The people treat you with respect and teach you how to do your job.
Ok
Mortgage Processor/ Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2015
NSM was the pivotal place to work from 2011 to 2013. Some of the managers were okay to work with. Lots of favoritism and skewed numbers makes it an intolerable work environment.
Transition in Management
Loan Funder (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2015
The Change in middle and upper Management has lead to a decrease overall Morale. Often I will try to Enforce the Auditing Guidelines that have been put in Place and then it will be Waived or overwritten once it gets to a Manager. This has lead to a Unmotivated culture at the company. They are the same people that made the our channel the most productive its ever been and they're productiveness is being wasted Because of the incompetence and overall lack of interest on the part of the Management.
Disorganized company with weak leadership
AVP Due Diligence (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 30, 2014
Pros: very aggressive compensation
Cons: weak senior management
No direction from upper management and no job stability - This is not a company I would suggest become a part of if your desire is longer term.
fun work place
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 29, 2014
Pros: managers
Cons: pay
The environment was wonderful. Enjoyed the great people and atmosphere.
Very Productive And Fun Working Enviroment
Credit Underwriter (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: company perks
Nationstar Mortgage was a wonderful place to work 5 years . It has increased my knowledge as a Underwriter. I was to make really good life time friendships with my co worker . I really hated to leave the company
High stress industry and job
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 8, 2014
Stressful job that is often thankless. Wages are below industry standards, but benefits are fair. Recently company has participated in layoffs, closed branches, and moved jobs offshore.
Decent company for a entry level job
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist-Loss Mitigation (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 3, 2014
Good experience for a fresh graduate who wants to get their feet with financials, but requires a lot of customer service and patience. Scheduled hours can make home/work life balance a bit difficult because sometimes you do have to work late and on weekends.
Super busy
Escrow Specialist (Current Employee), LewisvilleDecember 1, 2014
I stay busy all day. Sometimes is to much work so organization and prioritizing is a most. We are short staff and at times I feel like I am doing two peoples jobs. Over all my coworkers are fun to be and that is what makes it not be as bad.
Company provides extensive training and employee advancements
Closer/Funder (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 29, 2014
Appreciated the opportunity to perfect my overall knowledge of the mortgage industry with this company. Great group of co-workers with positive contributions to the team.
Loan Counselor
Loan Counselor (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXNovember 28, 2014
Make outbound calls to those delinquent, receive inbound calls to assist those who have questions/concerns about accounts
Productive and Good Atmophere
Compliance Research Analyst (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pros: open overtime (sometimes), good employee perks
Cons: no cons
Working at Nationstar is good atmosphere to work in. On a typical day at Nationstar address concerns of borrower regarding their account. I work with friendly co-worker, we work as a team to get our daily numbers down. Employment is what a person make it, so is no hard part about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is having weekends off to enjoy my family.
Friendly atmospere for a stressful job
Short Sale Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 31, 2014
Pros: pay co-workers
Cons: leadership vision and their ability to relate to the lower level workers, sick/paid time off accumulation sucks.
I enjoyed my co-workers, but the nature of the job is stressful. Upper management is detached from the lower level workers. Other departments do not handle their responsibility properly. People are poorly promoted from within and should be trained more and evaluated by their talent for the job not their time with the company. Some team leaders are great people and try really hard to make you comfortable and work efficiently.
Very relaxed enviroment
Loan Processor II / Closing Cordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 27, 2014
Typical day is normal...
Learned the importance of Pipeline Management

1 2 3 4 5

About Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage helps turn home ownership into more than just a wish upon a star. The company services residential mortgage – Read more