Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage Employer Reviews

Busy, rewarding & productive.
Bankruptcy Foreclosure Prevention Loss Mitigation (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 29, 2014
Pros: salary plus commission
Cons: occasional night shifts & weekends.
Days are quick. Learned about collections, modifications, different investors, & Processing
Good for a Starter Position
Underwriter/Mod Fulfillment (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 26, 2014
Cons: everything
But with the jobs shifting to India, the once great place to work, has severely deteriorated. Massive layoffs constantly and promotion of managers who have no business being managers. No social skills or ability to relate to their employees. Low pay for the job done.
Job first job out of college
Short Sale Negotiator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Very busy.
Promotions within the company which motivates you to work hard to move up.
assisting homeowners with options to keep their homes
Account Resolutions Specialist (Former Employee), indianapolis, inJuly 23, 2014
Pros: monthly bonuses
Cons: consistent schedule changes
My daily routine consisted on placing outbound calls an receiving inbound calls from customers, real estate agents, and attorneys, in order to find a resolution to keep customers from losing their homes to foreclosure. I assisted other agents with questions they may have regarding their positions and how to help them become proficient in their jobs – more... as well. I worked well with the management teams, and would often be given additional tasks to assist. My management team and co workers would use me as their "go to" person in difficult situations, and knew that I would take the time to find a resolution. the hardest part of my job, was knowing that there were certain situations, where our customers could not be helped, due to their situation, the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that others counted out me to be able to help them achieve their goals, and also knowing that I was respected by management and a good source of information when others weren't sure. My management team allowed me to assist with other projects and pilot programs to provide feed back on new services. I felt that my potential was acknowledged and overall loved the staff that I worked with. – less
Mortgage Clerk/MERS Processor (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEJuly 17, 2014
I was only at Nationastar for a short while. I was hired as a temp to help with the conversion. My boss at that time was wonderful. I would work for her again if I had the chance.
micro managed
Account Specialist (Current Employee), chndler azJuly 16, 2014
very micro manage environment, lunches, breaks all schedule you may have your 1st break one hour into you shift then sit for 3 hours straight. on a 12-9 shift your lunch could be at 2:45
ENJOYED MY TENURE AT NATIONSTAR
Sr. Remote Underwriter (Former Employee), IRVING TEXASJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: job security
Job Security
Enjoyed working with initial hired management team
I worked for this company for 6 months.
Retail Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 14, 2014
I worked for this company for 6 months. I have no other comments or reviews about this company.
Pitiful Upper Management
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, work life balance
Cons: poor, indecisive management
This company is going to implode if they don't solve their upper management issues. They can't make up their minds, want all IT projects completed yesterday, and don't listen to those beneath them. Projects come up, you write up the documentation, then they get canceled. Happened 5 times over the last year.
Great pay and bonus incentives
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJuly 12, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: expensive benefits
Typical day of work was spent checking emails, returning customer calls, processing mortgage loans, working with underwriters, closers and funders to make sure loans were completed in timely manner.

Management was great, worked well with us.
Variety of people and experience with the co workers.

The job was not complicated, hardest part was too many – more... process changes and everyone not on the same page.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers that really needed the refinance. – less
Easy
Sr. Loan Risk and Control Analyst (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 3, 2014
Easy place to work, good place to start up out of college. Good people to work with. Lots of opportunity.
Horribble - Run the other way
Account Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2014
Every month a new schedule comes out. Not only are you having to work one 12-9 shift but depending on how well your "TEAM" does determines what schedule your team gets. The best ranked team gets the best schedule. So your schedule in a week could go 6-3, 5-2, 12-9, 10-7, and then 8-5. This new schedule comes after a two month schedule of working straight – more... mornings.

In the interview process was not advised that it was a collections job. You are expected to collect 20 payments on average per day during the month. You are also micro managed on time off the phone. One must go to breaks, lunches, and not take any additional time off the phone to stay within adherence. So much micro managing going on.

Insurance is horrible and you pay a fortune to have it! – less
Stressful Workplace
Loan Processor II (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2014
Morale is at an all time low. No one takes accountability nor responsibility for their work. Upper Management always gives you the run around.
Productivity of work each day
Reverse Mortgage Specialist I (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 28, 2014
Pros: recognition rewards
Cons: healthcare
My current work schedule is from 7:30pm to 4pm Monday to Friday.

I take incoming calls to provide and educate the borrower or 3rd parties Reverse Mortgage Product.

I enjoy working with all my co-workers because I enjoy working as a team and being motivate in a positive environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is I talk/assist different customer – more... each day on the phone and it makes it very unique. – less
Team company
ACCOUNT RESOLUTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: laid off
M-F 7a-4p check on team and get them started on their tasks. I learned many different aspects of mortgage. Co-workers were great, we golfed a lot on weekends. Hardest part was leaving. Enjoyed my job, very dedicated. Nationstar was good to me for many years.
Productive and fun place to work
FINANCIAL INVESTOR REPORTING ANALYST (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 14, 2014
Good place to work at. I have learned allot since I have been working here. Management is great and support employees and great team environment.
Poor management team
Loss Mitigation Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 13, 2014
Cons: parking lot was far from building
I enjoyed talking with homeowners regarding loan mod reviews/process. Learned bankruptcy laws. hardest part of the job was keeping up with the people who manipulated the system to score high on the ranking report and not get written up for it or terminated. most enjoyable were team members who actually took the time to explain new process or procedures.
Great
Senior Loan Modification Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 13, 2014
Great company with excellent people and excellent policies.
Review
Litigation/Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2014
Was hired in advised company was growing, but not even a year later being advised they where closing our office. Not very professional.
Fun place to work.. Great people
Mortgage Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 9, 2014
Reviewed applications for home ownership and collected documents needed to purchase or refinance homes. I learned a lot from this job one was how to build up go relationships with customers.

As far as the hardest part of my job was driving in traffic sometimes, but the good part of my job was that I got the opportunity to speak with all different kinds – more... of people. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage helps turn home ownership into more than just a wish upon a star. The company services residential mortgage – Read more