Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Irving, TexasJanuary 20, 2017
It's very fun workplace, the people you work with is actually what keeps you coming to work. I have worked this company for 13 years and so therefore I like working for the company because they care about their employees, however here in Customer Service it's very hard to move into new position.
Pros
Fun workplace, Good Benefits, Work with your work schedule if needed.
Cons
Job Advancement, it very hard to move into new positions with this company
Management is not good.
Dedicated Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 19, 2017
At this company if your not a butt kisser, or part of the buddy group they treat you any kind of way. The money is good but they make it where they friends got the easy accounts. Just not a great place to work.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
Messy work place
Great Energy and Fast paced workplace
Closing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Time Management and Customer Service is Key in this industry. A typical day at work consist of funding loans, clearing PTD or PTF conditions. The challenging part of the job is delivering bad news to customers. I really enjoying working with my team, because we are all a group and help each other out.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Month End Stress
Productive Day At Work
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Open my portfolio and get to filing give my self time goals on how many I do a day. We are a family at my job so we ask questions on any and everything.
Strong management
Root Cause Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I worked for good management. The work was compensatory for the pay. It is a good place to work. I would work there again.
fun work place
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Very relaxed and everyone works well with each other. Management is very approachable and will listen to what you have to say. The environment is laid back there are no micro managers as long as you do what your suppose to.
turnaround times
Private Mortgage Insurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2017
liked learning something new in mortgage but was laid off and could not find work for a long time. flexible hours and make up time
Pros
lots of work
Cons
Management does not know what they are doing
Company Changing for the better
Manger (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Nationstar has completed several changes over the last twelve month to rebrand themselves in the mortgage industry. They have retrained the employees to insure the rebranding is successful. This company is definitely a good place to work for and the people are amazing.
Pros
work life balance, co-workers
benefits
Not a place i would recommend
Sr. Data Center Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 5, 2017
This place is unorganized. No room for advancement. Just a crazy work environment. I would not recommend this job to my friends.
Rate this company
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Rate this company

*required

Overall rating*

Fast paced enviroment
Accounts Resolution Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 29, 2016
Great manager, always helped as best he could. Getting goals met and helping customers always made the day fly by. Great team work always striving for the best.
Okay Place
Account Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 26, 2016
Upper Management does not like change and shoots down things which will make your job easier even it it takes just a few more minutes. You plan out your day according to your job task and what the priority is and manager comes and changes just to have your AVP come back telling you that what you already knew should be worked first. Management does not understand the workflow and the length of time it takes due certain job tasks.
You will be promoted if you know certain people even when you do not know the details of the job, always complaining about the job etc.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Insurance
nop
Reporting Underwriter Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 22, 2016
I have already gave a review. Anyone can be a manager in this place. The morale is ok. Cowrokers are awesome. I have learned a lot a bout SQL
Choose your department wisely!
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 15, 2016
I generally enjoy the people and activities outside of my department. The work is mundane and so easy, a high-schooler could do it. The pay is dependent on your closeness with the boss instead of your actual work ethic.
Pros
Make friends in several departments
Cons
Kiss up to your boss if you want a promotion
Jr. Business Analyst/Risk and Compliance (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 12, 2016
Fun working environment with no opportunity for growth. could do better in recruiting and office activities and also manger interaction.
i learnt quite a lot about the mortgage industry through working there
Nation star mortgage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2016
Inboard and outbound call answering questions for home owners.
Assisted borrowers if they qualified for a Modification or for a refinance, also offered additional insurance for home.
Pros
Free lunches breakfast and snacks commission.
Cons
extremely fast paced!!!! like non stop .
Not too bad
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 1, 2016
A handful of smart employees does most of the work. Poor culture. Company grew too fast! Trying to improve culture, but still has a long way to go. Compensation is good, but most people are still not happy.
Family like experience
System analyst manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2016
Company and people care for each other and is awesome place to learn and grow. Great work life balance and knowledgeable people
Overall a prosperous company.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2016
A typical day on the job consisted of answering phone calls handling payments over the phone. I learned a lot about the mortgage industry due to the extensive training on all things mortgage related. Management was goo for the most part but it seemed as though there was no room to grow beyond the first rung of management. The hardest part of the job was not being able to think and make real change. it was standard protocol over and over. I crave a challenge, mentally. The most enjoyable part of the job wold definitely be the customer actually being satisfied at the end of the conversation knowing that i successfully helped them.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Representative, Escrow Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2016
I learned extensively about mortgages and how they work. A couple months later I became escrow certified. A typical day consists of a 9 hour shift and the customer service floor is broken into teams with a manager and a team lead. The hardest part of the job was dealing with stubborn customers, but the most enjoyable part was interacting and learning new concepts of mortgage with coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationstar Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7