Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews

Nation star mortgage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 2, 2016
Inboard and outbound call answering questions for home owners.
Assisted borrowers if they qualified for a Modification or for a refinance, also offered additional insurance for home.
Pros
Free lunches breakfast and snacks commission.
Cons
extremely fast paced!!!! like non stop .
Family like experience
System analyst manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2016
Company and people care for each other and is awesome place to learn and grow. Great work life balance and knowledgeable people
Overall a prosperous company.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2016
A typical day on the job consisted of answering phone calls handling payments over the phone. I learned a lot about the mortgage industry due to the extensive training on all things mortgage related. Management was goo for the most part but it seemed as though there was no room to grow beyond the first rung of management. The hardest part of the job was not being able to think and make real change. it was standard protocol over and over. I crave a challenge, mentally. The most enjoyable part of the job wold definitely be the customer actually being satisfied at the end of the conversation knowing that i successfully helped them.
Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Representative, Escrow Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 13, 2016
I learned extensively about mortgages and how they work. A couple months later I became escrow certified. A typical day consists of a 9 hour shift and the customer service floor is broken into teams with a manager and a team lead. The hardest part of the job was dealing with stubborn customers, but the most enjoyable part was interacting and learning new concepts of mortgage with coworkers.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 12, 2016
I really don't have much to say about this company... they are ok it just depends on what you are looking for... read other comments their opinion might be a little more in-depth
Workplace in the process of changing
SENIOR FORECLOSURE LITIGATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 12, 2016
The work environment is starting to change as they have been listening to the employees more and updating different things throughout the offices. They have repainted the office to make it more inviting. They gave us ping pong and foosball tables.
Pay is under the industry standards. You get paid incredible less than industry standards. The benefits are decent but don't equate to what you get paid for an hourly/annual rate.
Perfect place if you are looking for a entry-level position in the mortgage industry. If you work on the phones, you have more of an option to move up in the ranks/more through the different phone areas. If you work in foreclosure or bankruptcy, you don't really have a way to move up the ladder that much unless you move out of the department or leave the company.
Pros
Employee events, updates to the buildings for the break and meeting areas
Cons
Pay, benefits package
Great Place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXNovember 11, 2016
Awesome Place to work and great people. A nice easy going environment and very helpful co-workers.

Pros

Job life balance

cons

Compensation
Unpredictable Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 10, 2016
You are taking calls all day without any time to prepare yourself in the morning. You are allowed two 15 minute breaks and if a call you're on goes through your break time, you're not allowed to break due to messing up your adherence. Nationstar hired temporary employees who were informed that we would go permanent only to let us go due to "budget" issues. I would not recommend working here as the turnover is very high and training for the position is not long enough or consistent. Stay away. Find a place that actually values their employees.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Nonexistent breaks, management, does not care about employees
fun work place
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 27, 2016
This company is great. I love my managers and my team. They have a direct interest in my well being with the company.
I also love the office setup and vibe. Everyone is super helpful and attentive.
Nationstar
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 19, 2016
Nice company to work for if interested in mortgage however mangement shows a lot of favoritism and job has no structure. They switch up rules without structure.
Terrible Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 16, 2016
Awful senior management. The type that schedule time on their calendar to shake hands and play PR, not talk S**t about everyone behind closed doors. Senior management does not even buy into their own rebranding.
Great company
Funder (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 7, 2016
In order to get your work done in a timely manner you will have to work a lot of overtime at times of the time it's unlimited the compensation is good. The only thing is lack of communication from upper management kind a like the blind leading the blind overall it's a decent company to work for. Keep in mind the mortgage Industry is up-and-down at times
Pros
Pay, work hours Flexibilty
Cons
Unorganized
Productive and fun work place
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 6, 2016
Answered phone inbound and outbound.
Learned about mortgage loans.
my supervisor was the greatest, she made work so much better!!!
co workers were full of energy and always kept everyone alive and motivated.
hardest part of my job, I can't really say there was anything too hard about this job.
I enjoyed EVERYTHING about this place. They had frequent work gatherings, events, pot lucks etc. I'm sad I had to leave and find a job closer to my home, if I lived closer I would have never left.
Pros
company events, atmospehere, EVERYTHING
Cons
Not too many cons
productive workplace
Reverse Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX 75063October 6, 2016
I task all of the work to my team in the morning. Then I process the Change of address request for each account. As the payoff team lead, I request property preservation fees for the necessary accounts. Then I generate the payoffs with the appropriate accounts with the property preservation fees that are available. Then I proceed with third party authorizations ,adding contacts to the accounts,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
productive workplace
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2016
typical day is talking to customers and resolving their issue at hand. assisting agents with assistance that they need in order to solve their customer problems
lots of talk and little action
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Worked there for 6 months with promise to get promoted by my manager and saw other people get it who didn't deserve it. Have been with NSM longer and do better job and still get passed over. Pick and choose who gets what work schedule. Schedule changes all the time with no notice. Managers are rude and do not help you, if you can even find one. AVP are at each others throats and even though they say they will do the right thing they do not. Treated like number. Company terminated the HR manager who was the only one that cared about you. Company and managers retaliate. Worst place ever to work.
Pros
coworkers were nice
Cons
managers, pay, culture, morale, no advancement
Casual workplace, nice break room, very nice office building
Loan Set-up Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 23, 2016
This was a nice introduction to office life. The job is very self-directed, and due to the size, there are many options for advancement. Management is easy to communicate with (middle and lower-management at least), and most department supervisors are competent leaders.
Strong corporate culture
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2016
Good place to work. Strong leadership and corporate culture. Allow you to operate as a business person and execute on new ideas and strategies without all the red tape.
Good work/home balance
Loss Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Low pay but the people here really care about your wellbeing. Very welcoming environment. Also very great on team building and ensuring that you have the skills you need to grow in the company.
Working towards a better workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
There are multiple offices which causes issues within departments. The company continues to work towards creating a better workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationstar Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7