Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage Employer Reviews

Friendly atmospere for a stressful job
Short Sale Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 31, 2014
Pros: pay co-workers
Cons: leadership vision and their ability to relate to the lower level workers, sick/paid time off accumulation sucks.
I enjoyed my co-workers, but the nature of the job is stressful. Upper management is detached from the lower level workers. Other departments do not handle their responsibility properly. People are poorly promoted from within and should be trained more and evaluated by their talent for the job not their time with the company. Some team leaders are great – more... people and try really hard to make you comfortable and work efficiently. – less
Very relaxed enviroment
Loan Processor II / Closing Cordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 27, 2014
Typical day is normal...
Learned the importance of Pipeline Management
Good place to start your career
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 23, 2014
Good starting point to learn some skills. Management was inexperienced but hard working.
Company with amazing potential derailed by poor management and greed
Various positions (Current Employee), NationwideOctober 22, 2014
Pros: has benefits available
Cons: pay is terrible... well below industry & location standards, benefits are too high for the # of employees
I enjoy my position but the management and decision making is morally unsound. It is all about the bottom line and investors, never the client, employees or ethical practices.

Staff and management are not adequately trained to do their job duties so there are multiple violations being made both from a financial institution perspective through to HR. – more... (IE: missing overtime pay, misapplied customer payments, etc.) Jobs are being outsourced more and more on a daily basis. Customers are juggled around until they finally give up out of frustration since there is not a dedicated call center for respective departments. Responsible employees receive extra work for their effort & competency while others get by with doing the minimum rather than being challenged to perform.

Promises for performance pay, etc. without any follow-thru and goals are constantly changing after they have been set to ensure no monetary rewards are paid out.

Overall the job is great, but the workload is unachievable, even for the best employees. I wish the company would perform like the larger servicers (Wells, BOA, Chase) that they are striving to be. Instead they are modeling themselves after Ocwen and unfortunately the reputation and morale reflect it. – less
Very secure and greath athmosphere
Bankruptcy Analyst (Former Employee), lewisville txOctober 21, 2014
Room to move up, they promote within.The pay is great and has several sites
No room for growth
Dedicated Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZOctober 20, 2014
Pros: making customer happy
Cons: healthcare is to high
No room for growth/ No bonuses/ Hours changes every 2 months
NationStar Mortgage
Foreclosure Specialist III (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: bad work life balance
NationStar Mortgage wasn't up front with their customers.
Great place for new graduate
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: low pay
This is a great place for new graduate seeking some experience but not for the long term. The pay is considerably lower than other companies.
Production for the day
Loan Processor/Closing Coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, ice cream socials, monthly meetings with food trucks
Cons: communication between upper management and the employees.
A typical day at work consists of reviewing your emails, pipeline, prioritizing the work load for the day. Working with customers, loan officers and vendors to process and close the loan.
There is definitely a lot to learn. I have learned about Harp refinances and FHA Streamline Refinances with/without appraisals. I have learned there are Wet and Dry – more... states for closing and how to do a HUD from scratch.
There have been major changes within the company. Because of this I have had several managers in the past 2 yrs and 7 months. Some of the managers have great managerial skills and others could improve.
Co-workers are awesome and willing to help when needed.
The hardest part of the job is getting used to doing processing the Nationstar way. Every 3 months it tends to change. But like all changes the biggest one recently has been for the better of the company. Processors are now Closing Coordinators, Closers are now funders. There is definitely a change in the responsibilities of the Closing Coordinators" e not only process the loans but close them also.
Regardless of the changes I do enjoy working at Nationstar. I have learned to adapt to the changes. – less
Open door policy with supervisors
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 7, 2014
I enjoyed the managers that I was surrounded with, the monthly bonuses and incentives and the company will always recognized good work
Productive, fun, and friendly co-workers
Processor (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 5, 2014
Not enough hours in the day to complete what you want, lots of work. Co-workers are friendly.
Great career
Loan Administration Analyst (Current Employee), lewisville, cash departmentOctober 2, 2014
Pros: room for career advancement
Cons: work load can get overwhelming
• Responsible for Payment clearing outages,
• Responsible for Nvision Balancing, Reconciliation, Posting all Nvision pending items, NV dashboards,
• Balancing Component Report For VP of Account Service, (Check Tracking)
• Making sure team has adequate amount of support to complete daily tasks.
• Complete Special Projects for management.
• Process Improvement – more... ideas, implementing new solutions to current outdated processes.
• Policy and Procedure updates
• Responsible for the analysis of specific processes and functions in Account Services.
• Manage, create, and analyze databases using Excel and Access. Prepares written documentation for the continuing development of accounting policies.
• Monitor, manage, maintain, and fix cash application processes.
• Perform higher level financial calculations and apply results to systems and reports.
• Take performance ideas all the way to system implementation.
• Identify and correct complex errors for costumers using various resources and records.
• Utilize multiple online systems. (SharePoint, CS Research Request, Missing wire Inquiry, etc.)
• In-charge of JPM wire account;
o Process loan pay-offs, apply payments, reinstate accounts, and apply wires according to the current state of loan. (Short-sales, bankruptcy, foreclosed, etc.)
o Communicating with Title agencies for proper posting instructions. (Principle payment, Trailing payment, Insurance reimbursements, Hazard Loss, Tax reimbursement, etc.)
• In-charge of Bank of America wire’s
o Process multiple loan payments from acquiring new loan acquisitions
o Same tasks as listed above for JPM processes
• In-charge of Wells Fargo wire’s
o Loan Liquidation, regular, Short sales, REO,
o Familiar with liquidation guidelines for FNMA, Freddie Mac, Governmental, VA, FDIC loans, HELOC, etc.
o Process internal refinance payoff’s, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, SPO, – less
Easy place to work
Mortgage Analyst (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Easy place to work. Lacking organization and qualified management often resulting in miscommunication or no communication at all.
Not a good place to work.
Bankruptcy Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: not willing to be flexible
This work place don't care for there employees, benefit are bad, managers don't know much, and not willing to help with escalations. They just sit around, and laugh all day.. The place is just not a good place to work.
Change
Bankruptcy Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TxSeptember 19, 2014
Job titles and duties change frequently without a notice. I have learned about the complete process of mortgage side as well as bankruptcy side.
Productive at times
Mortgage Claims (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: too many rewards given to people who don't deserve them
Research and gathering documents under the guidelines of hud
Get in and out
AVP Retail Closing Operations (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Company is going through rough patches at this point and its hard to tell where the chips will fall.
Currently seeking seeking a company that has a reputable reputation.
Bankruptcy Specialist/ Loan Processor (Current Employee), AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: workforce mangement
A typical day at work consists of taking a large amount of incoming calls from customers that are very dissatisfied with the company and how they run their business. Very little if any consistency.

I have learned to adapt to constant change on a weekly if not a daily basis and continue to complete the tasks that are assigned to me.

I very much enjoy – more... all of my co-workers as I feel I am a open minded and diversified person.

Management in my current company has been challenging due to lack of experience.

The hardest part of my job is not the job itself, but the ethics and morals of the company in they way they handle their customers needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job is taking ownership and giving the customers the service they deserve when others do not. I have a high amount of integrity and the customers know this. – less
Growing Portfolio
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: understanding, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays
Cons: bad management
NSM has a growing portfolio but with that come a lot of system issues. They are very understanding but rarely allow you to move to different position.
Stressful work environment without opportunities to progress.
Deed in Lieu Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits including 401k and medical, paid time off
Cons: compensation for workload
In my current job I oversee the process of assisting distressed homeowners in surrendering their properties back to the bank to avoid foreclosure. I interact with customers over the phone and through email to manage accounts all across the U.S. Seeing as these people are upset about losing their homes, much of that frustration leads to very emotional – more... and difficult conversations.

Working in the mortgage industry, our goals are set up on a month by month basis. We are given bonus incentives on how many accounts per month complete the Deed in Lieu process. This often leads to a more stressful work environment towards the second half of the month. Once the month is over, the goals are reset and the process starts over. The routine becomes more repetitive so that working for an extra pay check is no longer meaningful.

The co-workers on my team are reasonable and good to work with. They have been supportive of my efforts in attempting to transfer internally for other career opportunities. The recruiting staff has provided misleading information concerning the application process.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to educate homeowners and co-workers. I take pride in sharing information and helping others find resolutions to their problems. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage helps turn home ownership into more than just a wish upon a star. The company services residential mortgage – Read more