Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews in United States

productive
Loan Modification Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2016
ive learned a lot working at the company. ive had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people. not much more to say because everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
Productive and fun work place
30 day Management (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2016
You basically go in to work and get straight on the phones and start calling borrowers for eight hours. Its really not as bad as it sounds very positive place to work at with a great atmosphere.
Good company to build vast experience of mortgage servicing
Loss Mitigation-Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 16, 2016
The company is good for building experience in the mortgage servicing industry. They like hiring recent graduates regardless of degree focus and offer ample opportunities for training in order to help with knowledge base which can be used in furthering your career ambitions.
Pros
Great at employee team building culture.
Cons
Managment could be more involved and willing to assist in employees advancement.
Contractor
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 3, 2016
This does not apply to me as I'm a contractor and not a permanent employee. I don't get insurance, benefits, vacation, medical, dental, or vision.
Check Resume
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 16, 2016
•Configure and test virtual desktop environments
•Perform routine patch management check and update patches as needed
•Assist with remote user network connectivity with VPN and server access
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
It's who you know if you want to grow
Quality Examiner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
I have been with the company for almost 5 years now. They are going through some changes, which I hope will be for the better. Management is working on their communication skills, which is greatly needed. If you want to move up you definitely need to know the right people and be part of their inside clique. Otherwise you will overlooked no matter how great others tell you you are.
Pros
401K matching, Foosball, video games, great break areas
Cons
Poor Communication, no corporate credit cards for traveling positions
Improving
Senior Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 6, 2016
Overall Nationstar is improving the work life balance. Although the shifting work schedules make it extremely difficult.

Things are always changing with Nationstar, but it comes with the mortgage business.
Natiostar Mortgage
Short Sale Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 5, 2016
Job work/life balance. The demands are unattainable
Compensation benefits are acceptable based on comparable companies
Job security/advancement. Do not feel there is any growth opportunities and do not feel that my job is secure.
Management Men do well there
Job culture All kinds of people there but most of them subject to things mentioned here.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
mor work than time to get it done.goals dont seem possible
Great experience and great employees
Bank Auditor/Post Closing (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 1, 2016
I enjoy my job and level of opportunities, the flexibility and moral from my manager
my co workers are great
my job is pretty easy going
the flexibility is the best part
I learn the a different side of mortgaging
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Nice employees that you can truly call friend outside of work.
Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 1, 2016
Same routine, although the job is easy the system we use are very generic and manual.. I can't contribute any learning from the job however I feel like with my experience I've contribute to the job since I was one of the first 4 to start, so I was able to add with experience and learning from other jobs in the past., Co-workers make it fun and we work together well to get the job done, Managers and AVP's are very immature and as far as managing I have yet to witness such job functions from managers, The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication and trust.. The most enjoyable part of the is the that everyone on the team co-workers pull their weight.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Health Care
Nice Work Enviornment
Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time here overall. The accounting process was unorganized but, it was a great experience. Handled different spreadsheets and people were willing to help.
Great environment, terrible upper management
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 27, 2016
where your immediate leads and managers have your back, I was constantly harassed by super management, and HR.

So as long as you stay invisible to them, you will do just fine.
Nice work environment
Testing Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 24, 2016
Its good with work life balance. great place to work. great colleagues and have good facilities and well maintained. they have yearly program's to encourage all employs.
Fun workplace
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 23, 2016
Managing a pipeline of 40 plus loans. Very busy and fast paced. Fun and helpful management staff. Overtime at certain times of the month.
Pros
Bistro on site. Lunch provided a few times a month.
Cons
Parking
A Typical Day at work
Loan Counselor/Account Resolutions (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 18, 2016
You would come in and be on the phones for 1.5 - 2.00 hrs. before a break, then you get a 15 minute break. You would then be on the phone for another 2.00 -2.5 hrs. before lunch which was an hour. The afternoon was the same as the morning.
I learned things about the mortgage business that I was not aware of, which has increased my overall knowledge.
I feel that management could use more training, since some of the managers did not know all that was necessary for the employees under their supervision to be able to handle a problem that was beyond their knowledge. I also felt that more of the managers should be willing to speak to the clients when the problem was just to involved for the team member to handle.
My co-workers were great. Everyone was nice and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients who were at the end of their rope and would not listen when you were trying to help them.
I got great satisfaction when I was able to help a client and to hear their appreciation for the way I handled their problem.
Great for Networking
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 15, 2016
I have learned how to network with executives. Great interaction with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is not being able to move up in the company. When you are too good at what you do, management will not want to lose you as an employee in that current position.
Friendly work enviroment
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 15, 2016
working at nationstar was a great expirance for me. the supervisors are very friendly. it was my first call center to work at and the managers were very helpful regarding showing me how to work the phones and adjusting to the call-center environment.
positive and supportive
Relationship Manager/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN and Chandler, AZJune 7, 2016
The company was a great company to work with, very good benefits and compensation. The work culture was very good and did not allow much time to work on own accounts. The management was very strict but very supportive. Overall I would love to still be working for the company
Pros
benefits, compensation, supportive and continous training
Cons
not enough time to work on own accounts and being micro-managed
challenging but fun work environment
customer service/ floor coach (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 6, 2016
The job taught how to deal with different people and how to adapt to different issues. The company is always trying to improve itself by training its representatives monthly.
Pros
Free lunches, gift cards for perfect attendance, supportive management
Cons
stress level involving upset customers
Very Hard To Post to Another Department
Senior Foreclosure Specialist, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 5, 2016
I worked at Nationstar Mortgage for 4 years. It is very hard to post out of your current department. Based on needs, favortism, and if the manager likes you. My reasoning for leaving was Professional Jealousy.
Pros
Could Learn alot from the company
Cons
only could move up in company based on who you knew

2.7