Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage Employer Reviews

Change
Bankruptcy Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TxSeptember 19, 2014
Job titles and duties change frequently without a notice. I have learned about the complete process of mortgage side as well as bankruptcy side.
Productive at times
Mortgage Claims (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: too many rewards given to people who don't deserve them
Research and gathering documents under the guidelines of hud
Get in and out
AVP Retail Closing Operations (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Company is going through rough patches at this point and its hard to tell where the chips will fall.
Currently seeking seeking a company that has a reputable reputation.
Bankruptcy Specialist/ Loan Processor (Current Employee), AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: workforce mangement
A typical day at work consists of taking a large amount of incoming calls from customers that are very dissatisfied with the company and how they run their business. Very little if any consistency.

I have learned to adapt to constant change on a weekly if not a daily basis and continue to complete the tasks that are assigned to me.

I very much enjoy – more... all of my co-workers as I feel I am a open minded and diversified person.

Management in my current company has been challenging due to lack of experience.

The hardest part of my job is not the job itself, but the ethics and morals of the company in they way they handle their customers needs.

The most enjoyable part of my job is taking ownership and giving the customers the service they deserve when others do not. I have a high amount of integrity and the customers know this. – less
Growing Portfolio
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: understanding, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays
Cons: bad management
NSM has a growing portfolio but with that come a lot of system issues. They are very understanding but rarely allow you to move to different position.
Stressful work environment without opportunities to progress.
Deed in Lieu Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benefits including 401k and medical, paid time off
Cons: compensation for workload
In my current job I oversee the process of assisting distressed homeowners in surrendering their properties back to the bank to avoid foreclosure. I interact with customers over the phone and through email to manage accounts all across the U.S. Seeing as these people are upset about losing their homes, much of that frustration leads to very emotional – more... and difficult conversations.

Working in the mortgage industry, our goals are set up on a month by month basis. We are given bonus incentives on how many accounts per month complete the Deed in Lieu process. This often leads to a more stressful work environment towards the second half of the month. Once the month is over, the goals are reset and the process starts over. The routine becomes more repetitive so that working for an extra pay check is no longer meaningful.

The co-workers on my team are reasonable and good to work with. They have been supportive of my efforts in attempting to transfer internally for other career opportunities. The recruiting staff has provided misleading information concerning the application process.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to educate homeowners and co-workers. I take pride in sharing information and helping others find resolutions to their problems. – less
Terrible place to work. Work here if you want to be consistently depressed and irritated with your life.
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 31, 2014
Pros: you get paid regularly.
Cons: everything else.
Management promises things that never happen, are unrealistically positive, consistently and constantly regurgitate information regarding policies and procedures from higher-ups that changes almost daily. Dull work environment. You are trapped in a sea of cubicles. The customers hate you for the most part.
Productive and comfortable place to work hard and achieve personal and professional goals
Loan Modification Processor (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 29, 2014
All around the company from management to non-management worked their hardest to achieve the company's goals and push themselves in an ambitious manner to assure that everyone was appreciated and rewarded for their effort and hard work.
Claims Document Specialist (Current Employee), Scottsbluff, NEAugust 25, 2014
Nothing to say. I've worked for this company for a little over a year and there isn't much of a chance for advancement.
Ok at Best
Fannie Mae Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 18, 2014
Pros: i got paid when pay cycle ended
Cons: workforce management
Mortgage Company that works at 6am on Sundays - Not Family Oriented
Not Properly Aligned
Lack of Training
Took Account Resolution from Collections Perspective Instead of a Customer Service Resolution system.
Enjoyed working for Nationstar Mortgage. Management team always hands-on
Loan Processor II (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
Enjoyed going to work everyday. Management team very hands-on. Co-workers very helpful when I first started. Always offered to show easier way to work.
Professional environment
Mortgage Prepurchase Review Auditor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2014
I preformed accurate data entry from the available documents in the file packages.

I pulled loans in acceding order out of the loan que.

Reviewed government loans and updated system with accurate information.
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 18, 2014
I would work with borrowers on the phone to avoid foreclosure. I worked out plans to help a borrower determine the best decision to avoid foreclosure. I also start the liquidation process if that was best for our borrower.
Not a good work/life balance.
Acquisitions Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 16, 2014
Too many times I had to take work home to confirm or fix data that was done by poor performers on my team. I also had to come in at 7.00 for implementations and the other people on the team who were supposed to be there also showed up much later with no negative consequences.
Fun Co-workers and Place to Work as a Team
Submission Processor/ Setup Loan Processor (Current Employee), Irving TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: fun work place and team
Cons: insurance
Daily going into work checking my emails and priorities on what needs to get done and submit it first.

Everyday you learn something new within your team of people or someone else from another team we live learn and help eachother out.

Challanging myself and hitting my goal is what drives me to be a better person and helping others.

I enjoy keeping – more... myself busy at all times. – less
Mortgage Company
Property Protection Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 10, 2014
Mortgage and property preservation company. The potential is good if they direct the company well.
management
Processing Production Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2014
Company had its own agenda from the corporate locale. Closings were missed and cancelled due to issues on the inside. HARP borrowers were left hanging for months without contact due to the massive amount of loans bought for servicing. Too many to handle.
Nice place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 5, 2014
Great company to work for. A great work environment. Resolved complex employee and management inquiries
Good Company Culture
Loan Processor I (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 1, 2014
Pros: pay, free lunches, leave early sometimes, flexible
Cons: benefits were not the best
I liked how they tried to make the culture and fun productive work environment. Unfortunately, there were too many negative nancys and unproductive people.
Great place to work for seasoned mortgage professionals
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Westport, MOJuly 31, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: company lack structure, bad management
good place to work but poor management, not enough structure. policies and procedure constantly changed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage helps turn home ownership into more than just a wish upon a star. The company services residential mortgage – Read more