Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews

Doesn't pay well but good for straight out of college.
Loss Mitigation Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 17, 2015
Doesn't pay well but good for straight out of college. I made a lot of good friends and learned a lot about the mortgage agency in a short period of time. They do provide good benefits and training.
Results focused at all costs
Vice President (Current Employee), Coppell, TXJune 15, 2015
Fast paced environment with little concern for doing things the right way. Management is more concerned with getting things done quickly. Poor leadership and lack of planning is pervasive throughout the organization.

Challenging environment that requires you to learn and adapt. Lots to learn if you can function in an unstructured environment.
No respect or appreciation for Temp to Perm hires
Bilingual Customer Service (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free Friday Breakfast, decent temp pay
Cons: Benefits, Trainers, short breaks
I started as a temp customer service employee and received sufficient training to perform my job. However, you are looked down upon by the female trainer and/ or supervisor if you know more about mortgage than they expect you to. I called off one day for something that I could not help, my son had to go to the E.R and I brought in the paperwork the next day. Although they told me that it wasn't a problem, they let me go a week later. And I had never been late or called off prior to this. Since I had been there, I watched them treat temp employees like numbers instead of people.
Current Job Overview
FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2015
Pros: co-workers, compensation, industry knowledge
Cons: upper management, disorganization, attitude of disposable reps
NationStar Mortgage has been helpful in gaining more knowledge of the mortgage industry. I have had the opportunity to grow in this industry and become even more aware of mortgage lending especially regarding mortgage processing. I have good co-workers around me who are helpful and are very knowledge about the industyr. However working as a phone representative for a very unorganized and very under staffed company has made it a very tiring and extremely stressful work environment. Also upper management is very disorganized and gives bad communication when it comes to process changes and reasoning for changes. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the organization in itself and seeing how they treat they're employees as if they are disposable and interchangable. However working with my fellow co-workers makes the job a little easier to deal with.
Company with growth potential
Acquisitions Manager (Former Employee), Lewisville TXJune 2, 2015
Position was a relatively new position with little policies and procedures in place, so was a great opportunity for growth and creativity.
Young working envirnonment
Fannie Mae-Senior Loan Resolution Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 30, 2015
As a entry level job this is a great opportunity to learn and develop skills to further career opportunities. Working hours can be very intense, but the job scope provides in depth knowledge and positive experience.
nationstar is one of the best jobs I have ever had. The co workers are awesome and this is a very easy job and a place to advance in your career
loan processor II (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches, enjoyable place to work, compensation
Cons: dont really know any
Nationstar is in the business of helping their borrowers and assisting in in way they can to keep a borrower from going into foreclosure.
I loved it ...great experience.
Pre Purchase Review Auditor/Document indexer (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: great company atmosphere
Cons: lay offs
I loved it...everything about it was great.. The only thing I can say about is Nationstar are risk takers and sometimes things don't good so well but I loved everything about the company...
Nice work place
Loan Processor (Current Employee), Coppell, TXMay 15, 2015
My work day starts off with me returning all missed calls from the previous day. Following up with management regarding my pipeline and which files will be closing. The hardest part of my job is the long hours throughout the week that I work. The most enjoyable is the wonderful work environment and the rewards for closing multiple loans.
Too much growth in short period of time
Vice President (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 11, 2015
NSM has undergone so much growth in the past couple of years that the infrastructure and culture has not been able to keep up. They are an extreemly manual organization.
There's an experience everyday.
Sr. Risk & Control Analyst (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible and relaxed work environment
Cons: The job security isn't great
Throughout the day I learn something new about our databases and the different systems that our representative use. My co-workers are full of life and they make the work environment enjoyable. The company has recently implemented a morale team and they provide different activities to boost our departments morale. I thought this was a great idea and the activities really do help with morale and helping upper management bond and engage with their employees.
Continual Change
Corporate Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXMay 4, 2015
Nationstar had the ability to be a top notch organization with just minor changes in their management approach. However, their lack of desire to make those changes led to a culture of mediocrity. Management didn't really seemed to care about a positive work environment or even if quality work was produced, therefore few others did either.
Nice place to work
Loan Processor II (Current Employee), Maitland, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great salary, bonuses, fun atmosphere
Cons: Too much OT; not enough vacation time
Good company to work for; busy, but easy going, fun to work environment, lots of perks, company events, everyone is friendly and willing to assist.
Nationstar
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist/Processor (Current Employee), Foreclosure SpecialistApril 30, 2015
Enviorment was good and I loved the people I worked with. The management tend to be disconnected and made it hard to move forward.
Temps please Be aware!
Closer/Funder (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch on your first day
Cons: Unsanitary work conditions, No training
Extremely high turnover rates. Quick to Hire and Quick to fire. The interview process is a bit rushed and thrown together. You interview in a room with roughly 25-30 other possible candidates. Very inpersonable. There is no structured training which is very important because you are held accountable for your mistakes even though you are not properly trained.My training literally consisted of reading a manual for one week that contained instructions on their old process. I then was ordered to shadow with an employee who was unsure of the process and then I was thrown to the wolves. My manager was inexperienced in the knowledge of their systems and processes. She repeatedly re-invented the flow of my team duties without full knowledge and understanding. Management at Nationstar were extremely unprofessional, dressed to casual and lacked knowledge. The VP encouraged feedback but your immediate supervisor would condemn you from asking questions. The building at the Irving office was extremely unsanitary and dirty.
Nationstar is trying to improve customer reviews
Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 19, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Unknown culture
Nationstar is reaching out to the community in different ways. Habitat for Humanity, toy drives, and food drives are just a few ways that Nationstar gives back.
productive work environment
Remote Underwriter (Former Employee), Irvine, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: expensive healthcare
Great place to work for, great benefits. great training program, great place for advancement. Management is great. Management opportunities
Horrible place to work in St. Louis
Account Manager / Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOApril 14, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits
Cons: Management, discrimination
The St. Louis site was literally thrown together with inexperience managers. Upper management at site was racist and biased. Operations department was shut down after one and a half of running. I would not recommend this company to anyone. You may have better look with the corporate office located in Dallas/Irving TX. However, HR is very selective with the issues the address and are biased as well.
Good
Loan Processor /Credit Specialist III (Former Employee), TexasMarch 28, 2015
• Obtained any necessary documents/Disclosures required for closing (RESPA Docs, Broker Agreements, etc)
• Confirmed title and appraisals had been ordered, once received it was immediately submitted back to the underwriter for approval
• Assisted the team of Senior Processors in resolving issues preventing closing
• Insured all parties complied with client, government, and contractual guidelines
• Partnered with underwriters to maintain compliance
• Once a “Clear to Close” had been received on a file, completed Verbal Verifications of Employment on each borrower, contacted broker to go over final numbers, scheduled closing, and completed internal closing docs
• Quality Assurance/ Control
• All duties were time managed and detail oriented
Very Detailed Company
Senior Loan Modification Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXMarch 24, 2015
Great culture for young professionals. Everyone was young but had great knowledge of the mortgage culture. A typical day was long and required you to active and work your assigned loans. I learned many things about the nature of the mortgage industry.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage helps turn home ownership into more than just a wish upon a star. The company services residential mortgage – Read more

Nationstar Mortgage Salaries