Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage Employer Reviews

micro managed
Account Specialist (Current Employee), chndler azJuly 16, 2014
very micro manage environment, lunches, breaks all schedule you may have your 1st break one hour into you shift then sit for 3 hours straight. on a 12-9 shift your lunch could be at 2:45
ENJOYED MY TENURE AT NATIONSTAR
Sr. Remote Underwriter (Former Employee), IRVING TEXASJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great employees
Cons: job security
Job Security
Enjoyed working with initial hired management team
I worked for this company for 6 months.
Retail Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNJuly 14, 2014
I worked for this company for 6 months. I have no other comments or reviews about this company.
Pitiful Upper Management
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, work life balance
Cons: poor, indecisive management
This company is going to implode if they don't solve their upper management issues. They can't make up their minds, want all IT projects completed yesterday, and don't listen to those beneath them. Projects come up, you write up the documentation, then they get canceled. Happened 5 times over the last year.
Great pay and bonus incentives
Loan Processor (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJuly 12, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: expensive benefits
Typical day of work was spent checking emails, returning customer calls, processing mortgage loans, working with underwriters, closers and funders to make sure loans were completed in timely manner.

Management was great, worked well with us.
Variety of people and experience with the co workers.

The job was not complicated, hardest part was too many – more... process changes and everyone not on the same page.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers that really needed the refinance. – less
Easy
Sr. Loan Risk and Control Analyst (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 3, 2014
Easy place to work, good place to start up out of college. Good people to work with. Lots of opportunity.
Horribble - Run the other way
Account Resolutions Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2014
Every month a new schedule comes out. Not only are you having to work one 12-9 shift but depending on how well your "TEAM" does determines what schedule your team gets. The best ranked team gets the best schedule. So your schedule in a week could go 6-3, 5-2, 12-9, 10-7, and then 8-5. This new schedule comes after a two month schedule of working straight – more... mornings.

In the interview process was not advised that it was a collections job. You are expected to collect 20 payments on average per day during the month. You are also micro managed on time off the phone. One must go to breaks, lunches, and not take any additional time off the phone to stay within adherence. So much micro managing going on.

Insurance is horrible and you pay a fortune to have it! – less
Stressful Workplace
Loan Processor II (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 30, 2014
Morale is at an all time low. No one takes accountability nor responsibility for their work. Upper Management always gives you the run around.
Team company
ACCOUNT RESOLUTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: laid off
M-F 7a-4p check on team and get them started on their tasks. I learned many different aspects of mortgage. Co-workers were great, we golfed a lot on weekends. Hardest part was leaving. Enjoyed my job, very dedicated. Nationstar was good to me for many years.
Productive and fun place to work
FINANCIAL INVESTOR REPORTING ANALYST (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 14, 2014
Good place to work at. I have learned allot since I have been working here. Management is great and support employees and great team environment.
Poor management team
Loss Mitigation Bankruptcy Specialist (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJune 13, 2014
Cons: parking lot was far from building
I enjoyed talking with homeowners regarding loan mod reviews/process. Learned bankruptcy laws. hardest part of the job was keeping up with the people who manipulated the system to score high on the ranking report and not get written up for it or terminated. most enjoyable were team members who actually took the time to explain new process or procedures.
Great
Senior Loan Modification Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 13, 2014
Great company with excellent people and excellent policies.
Review
Litigation/Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2014
Was hired in advised company was growing, but not even a year later being advised they where closing our office. Not very professional.
Fun place to work.. Great people
Mortgage Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 9, 2014
Reviewed applications for home ownership and collected documents needed to purchase or refinance homes. I learned a lot from this job one was how to build up go relationships with customers.

As far as the hardest part of my job was driving in traffic sometimes, but the good part of my job was that I got the opportunity to speak with all different kinds – more... of people. – less
Application Developer AND /OR Data Analyst
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 8, 2014
long experience in SQL and Visual Basic
very hard worker
team player
Job
Loan Counselor (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 6, 2014
Nationstar is a great job. I have been there for about 8-9 months now and I really enjoy it.
Very professional atmosphere
Research Resolution Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: job security
I was trained to be a Research Resolution Analyst. My work duties consisted of the following tasks daily:• Performed mortgage default analysis to determine appropriate communication to distressed borrowers.
• Researched internal system documentation that supports quality control.
• Work with upper management while managing relationships within the internal – more... departments and business partners.
• Serve as a liaison to administrative areas within NationStar while providing support for the update and maintenance of policies and procedures and other governance activities.
• Performed thorough reviews of loan servicing history for errors or deficiencies, account updates and customer complaints.
• Composed letters that communicated business decisions to defaulted borrowers.
• Strategized with managers and senior management in order to minimize risk of financial losses/curtailments by measuring and analyzing processes as they relate to HUD and FHA rules and regulations.
Management was a great team of trainers and leaders who were involved the employees on a one on one basis, which contributed to a good work flow and understanding of each individuals job duties.The hardest part of the job to me was conveying to a customer that after performing thorough research nothing could be done to help them due to business reasons. The most enjoyable part of the job to m was servicing and providing assistance to the clients that were assigned to me. – less
Highly Corporate
Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 4, 2014
Once the company became public, a big shift in culture was developing.
fun call center with promotion opportunities available soon after hire
Loan Counselor & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: great pay, lots of benefits, vacation/sick days
Cons: not a bank, limited ways of taking payments
Taking mortgage customer service calls, posting payments to current accounts, talking to customers about options available to lower their payments. Offering refinance or modification opportunities to customers when applicable. Processing payoff requests. Explaining escrow to customers. Co-workers a fun and friendly. Managers are nice and easy to work – more... with. If you are interesting in moving up within the company they will get you in additional training quickly. – less
Forced to Change/company lay off
Back End Mortgage Collector (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMay 28, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: not stable doing layoffs.
A typical day at work would be answering and taking calls on mortgages that were either in foreclosure status or worked out some type of repayment plans to get loan currt. I learned that some people can't help the issues that come up in everyday life that may lead them to fall behind or get delinquent. I am a people person and get along with all my – more... peers and the hardest part of the job is to have to turn down people that aren't eligible for help. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to assist those are able to be assisted. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Nationstar Mortgage

Nationstar Mortgage helps turn home ownership into more than just a wish upon a star. The company services residential mortgage – Read more