Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews

Strong corporate culture
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2016
Good place to work. Strong leadership and corporate culture. Allow you to operate as a business person and execute on new ideas and strategies without all the red tape.
Good work/home balance
Loss Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Low pay but the people here really care about your wellbeing. Very welcoming environment. Also very great on team building and ensuring that you have the skills you need to grow in the company.
Working towards a better workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
There are multiple offices which causes issues within departments. The company continues to work towards creating a better workplace.
Productive and fun work place
Sr Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Very nice and productive work environment. Challenging work. easy to interact with peer. cooperative management. Helping team members to achieve their goal. Nice work benefit.
Fun Workplace
Sr. Developer (Current Employee) –  IrvingSeptember 4, 2016
The team is great and always have lot of fun at workplace.
I have learned lot about new Filenet P8 version
I act as a lead developer here
Everyday is filled with new challenges and I enjoy facing and solving them.
Pros
Flexible Workplace
Cons
NA
Upbeat fast pace work environment. A morning meeting to discuss work assignment with lead. In an open work environment with several connected cubic
Underwriteer Ii (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2016
27-0293117
Upbeat fast pace work environment.

A morning meeting to discuss work assignment with lead. In an open work environment with several connected cubicles. I learned the value of teamwork and individual perseverance.I increased my production with goal setting and meeting site and company goals. A typical work day included an extremely fast pace to meet queue goals on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fellowship and potluck weekly events. The most challenging part of the job was mandatory over time.
Pros
energetic, respect, honor
Completely Variable
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 20, 2016
The company has the utter most ends of the spectrum when comes to people and management styles. The current team I work for is wonderful but, I have real bad ones and some of them are still around. Upper/Middle management has had a lot of turn over causing mixed messages to be sent down the chain. The executive levels are pushing for change but, so far, the culture change they want has happened yet. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be close either. I am optimistic that over time it will make but, it will take the upper/middle management level to become better, more stable, and then create and provide a clear direction for the company to the lower levels.

I have wonderful co-workers that are awesome, the work is challenging, and my direct management is great. However, with up-coming, seemingly random, organization shifts that might not be the case for much longer. I have been able to learn a lot and cultivate my skills due to encouragement from management and complexity of work.

Also, the company touts they are a promote from within company and it used to be. However, I cannot believe that when they hire a person outside the company for a position and, decline to interview person that has been with the company for 9 years, in that department for 6 years, that is qualified for the position.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Flexability/Work Life Balence (possibly)
Cons
Poor communication, Poor execution on company vision, Poor culture
productive
Loan Modification Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2016
ive learned a lot working at the company. ive had the opportunity to meet a lot of new people. not much more to say because everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
Productive and fun work place
30 day Management (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2016
You basically go in to work and get straight on the phones and start calling borrowers for eight hours. Its really not as bad as it sounds very positive place to work at with a great atmosphere.
Good company to build vast experience of mortgage servicing
Loss Mitigation-Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 16, 2016
The company is good for building experience in the mortgage servicing industry. They like hiring recent graduates regardless of degree focus and offer ample opportunities for training in order to help with knowledge base which can be used in furthering your career ambitions.
Pros
Great at employee team building culture.
Cons
Managment could be more involved and willing to assist in employees advancement.
Contractor
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 3, 2016
This does not apply to me as I'm a contractor and not a permanent employee. I don't get insurance, benefits, vacation, medical, dental, or vision.
Check Resume
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 16, 2016
•Configure and test virtual desktop environments
•Perform routine patch management check and update patches as needed
•Assist with remote user network connectivity with VPN and server access
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
It's who you know if you want to grow
Quality Examiner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
I have been with the company for almost 5 years now. They are going through some changes, which I hope will be for the better. Management is working on their communication skills, which is greatly needed. If you want to move up you definitely need to know the right people and be part of their inside clique. Otherwise you will overlooked no matter how great others tell you you are.
Pros
401K matching, Foosball, video games, great break areas
Cons
Poor Communication, no corporate credit cards for traveling positions
Improving
Senior Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 6, 2016
Overall Nationstar is improving the work life balance. Although the shifting work schedules make it extremely difficult.

Things are always changing with Nationstar, but it comes with the mortgage business.
Natiostar Mortgage
Short Sale Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 5, 2016
Job work/life balance. The demands are unattainable
Compensation benefits are acceptable based on comparable companies
Job security/advancement. Do not feel there is any growth opportunities and do not feel that my job is secure.
Management Men do well there
Job culture All kinds of people there but most of them subject to things mentioned here.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
mor work than time to get it done.goals dont seem possible
Great experience and great employees
Bank Auditor/Post Closing (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 1, 2016
I enjoy my job and level of opportunities, the flexibility and moral from my manager
my co workers are great
my job is pretty easy going
the flexibility is the best part
I learn the a different side of mortgaging
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Nice employees that you can truly call friend outside of work.
Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 1, 2016
Same routine, although the job is easy the system we use are very generic and manual.. I can't contribute any learning from the job however I feel like with my experience I've contribute to the job since I was one of the first 4 to start, so I was able to add with experience and learning from other jobs in the past., Co-workers make it fun and we work together well to get the job done, Managers and AVP's are very immature and as far as managing I have yet to witness such job functions from managers, The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication and trust.. The most enjoyable part of the is the that everyone on the team co-workers pull their weight.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
Health Care
Nice Work Enviornment
Accountant III (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time here overall. The accounting process was unorganized but, it was a great experience. Handled different spreadsheets and people were willing to help.
Great environment, terrible upper management
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 27, 2016
where your immediate leads and managers have your back, I was constantly harassed by super management, and HR.

So as long as you stay invisible to them, you will do just fine.
Nice work environment
Testing Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 24, 2016
Its good with work life balance. great place to work. great colleagues and have good facilities and well maintained. they have yearly program's to encourage all employs.

2.7