Nationstar Mortgage Employee Reviews

Stressful
Senior Vice President / Controller (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Systems are old and don't talk to each other. Data is difficult to obtain. Controls are lacking making it hard to trust information. Company grew, but infrastructure was bad.
great
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2018
This is a great place to work my experience was top notch and I got to spend time at the Dallas office and the Phoenix office also I would recommend them
Work enviroment
Document Specialist Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 18, 2018
The class of people people were all Ghetto and always fighting with each other the work was sloppy and the management didi not care
The supervisor was horrible and unpredictable.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
micro manage
Daily Work
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 17, 2018
That an amazing place with good people. Always willing to learn and help> Nothing is hard when you are working with a team work.
I am jus trying to see if I can find another opportunities
Poor working environment, weak management
Wholesale Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
At Nationstar, there was a sales versus processing/underwriting relationship creating a lot of friction and frustration between both groups. Internal back-office was sloppy and poorly managed causing a lot of good business partners to stop delivering repeat business.
Pros
Good rates
Cons
Poor management, tense back office, low compensation
Excellent on how they treat employees and are recognize for their work.
Foreclosure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2018
The Foreclosure department was a very stressful department but a very rewarding in pay and also achievements. gained experience on other areas that opens doors for me in other careers.
Pros
company would do free lunches and other stuff when company goals were met
Cons
too micromanage
It was micromanaged and under paid
Sr. Loss Mitigation/ Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 15, 2018
The pay doesn’t match the work. It is highly stressful and lacks trained management. The moral of the employees is very low and management has no clue of how to solve it.
Descent career path
Foreclosure Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 13, 2018
There are different avenues within the company if you are willing to work hard. The work-life balance is also not too bad, with flexibility on how you get your hours.
Depending on Department, Company is a winner
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 11, 2018
My experience with this Company is mostly great, although my last year or so was dreadful, new upper management that was supposedly coming in to boost morale and numbers unintentionally destroyed the trust of the group. Lack of respect between levels of management was evident. But my good outweighed my bad, just wish my total experience was good.
busy and monitored workplace
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 10, 2018
there are several divisions within the company. Has multiple pay schedules and bonuses. worked in new business, refinance division and damage prevention.
Data entry of sensitive information (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Great employees to work with
Great boss was treated like family
Goal oriented
Fast paced
Fun environment
Overall great job
Competitive with other tax companies
Pros
Employees and Management works well, Great place to work
Great Place to work
Systems Analyst/ MSSQL Support (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Great place to work with a great work life balance. They could pay their employees better though. They are really good at organizing employee activities that boost morale
Challengng
Dialogue Marketing (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 3, 2018
The challenge was knowing I was assisting people who were in dire need of financial assistance to handle bills, house amendment's or final expenses of lost loved ones.
Coolest company around
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJanuary 1, 2018
It was an awesome place to work. They have tried to revamp the corporate culture inside the office and succeeded for the most part. I personally loved everyone I worked with and was determined to not let them fail.
Don't work here ever!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 29, 2017
Poor Management, Bad IT infrastructure, Very low employee morale, my boss was promoted to AVP, after I left and then laid off. All but 2 team members out of 20, left within 6 months of me leaving. I can't believe I actually lasted 6 months before they let me go. I wouldn't recommend working here ever!
Very sad to see -- could've been a great place to work with a great team!
Pros
Nothing, better than un-employment - barely
Cons
everything
Great Company
AVP, Operations, Quality Assurance, and Control (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 29, 2017
Great company, very face-paced, awesome manager, great benefits and people are very nice. I enjoyed working for this company and would go back if the right job presented.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 28, 2017
Enjoyed my short time at Nationstar, the operations department was acquired by Stonegage Mortgage as this is the reason why I am no longer employed here. The environment was good and the building phases were good to meet employee needs.
Pros
Great perks
It was fine.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 28, 2017
I don't know why this is asking me for this information. I do not have the time to try and recall my day to day at this job. It was a stepping off point.
A job of growing opportunity.
Investor Reporting Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 23, 2017
I worked at this company for a few years. While there I learned a lot of various skills that I have been able to use throughout the years. There was growth within the company.
Productive and rewarding environment
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX 75067December 23, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed being a part of a company that was able to assist customers in their overall financial well-being through refinancing their homes.

Very rewarding to be in a position to assist and guide each client based on their individual goals.
Pros
Rewarding and new experiences every day
Cons
Long commute daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationstar Mortgage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7