Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 28, 2016
Nationwide Children's Hospital is certainly at the leading edge of Pediatric Health care. Here I gained experience assisting parents that are experiencing high stress levels and keeping up with a fast paced atmosphere.

I work with families and staff from many different backgrounds and have developed communication skills that are essential for good customer service.
Pros
Good Benefits, relaxed scheduling, Good Employees
Cons
Long Hours, Very Fast Paced
Horrible place to work
nutrition Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioNovember 27, 2015
I worked in Nutrition Services. This department is absolutely the most dirty, chaotic and poorly ran! The management has no clue what is going on. They don't seem to care either. As long as there is a body doing the work that's all that matters. They cant keep people in this department! Due to the management. An I mean the higher management. This is always going to be an issue until they fix the real problem. The management. This should be a place people want to retire from. A place people should be proud to say they work. Unfortunately this is not the case. I wouldn't recommend this job (nutrition services) to anyone!!
Pros
pay, benefits, families and their children.
Cons
Terrible supervisors, favortisim, dirty, and so unorganized
I was very productive and enjoyed my profession.
Bone Density Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 16, 2016
I would to quality control on my x-ray equipment to make sure the system is working properly. I would check my schedule to see if any patients had previous Bone Density scans. Once patients arrive, I would go greet them and explain the exam to them. I would get current height and weight on each patient and then have them change into a gown. The scan takes twenty minutes. Then I would process and analyze the scans and send images to my radiologist.. I had excellent time management skills and worked well with coworkers. The hardest part of the job was using a hoyer lift on some patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting my patients on an annual basis and they remember and ask about me. I have been at NCH for thirty years. You make a lot of good friends in that time span. I learned a lot about people. I had good coworkers at NCH.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
short breaks and I was put on contingent
Very good company to work for
Orthodontic Assistant / Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2015
Working at Nationwide Children's is an amazing opportunity. They stress both patient and employee safety. Work/Life balance is also very important and everyone is encouraged and helped to become their very best. Some red tape and politics.
Friendly coworkers in a fun work place
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2016
The job is very exhausting, but it is rewarding when you can comfort patients and their parents and see that you're really helping them. Its one of the few parts of a patient's day when they aren't worried about what might happen in your care (e.g. being poked with a needle, having their blood pressure taken, anything else that might be scary to a child) because you're just taking the patient from one part of the hospital to another and not harming them in any way. During transports I always make sure to create a safe environment for the patient to be in, they are already under a lot of stress while having to stay in a hospital. The hardest part of the job (for me) is the stress it puts on my feet because of the miles and miles I walk everyday, but I get my workout! I learned more than anything that I love caregiving and working with people, its a little something different everyday.
productive and team working enviroment
Patient Care Assistant and Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2015
I have work with Nationwide Childrens for 6 years. it is a very great place to work . The management is so great and very diverse.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
flexible schedule
Very rewarding opportunity
Training Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2016
I had the opportunity to develop my managerial skills by working in a diverse environment. I worked well with my co-workers and was able to create life-long friendships. Nationwide Children's Hospital allowed me the ability to balance my busy work and life schedule. The most difficult part of my job was travelling to all the different off-site laboratories. It was still wonderful to see staff that I rarely had the opportunity to communicate with face to face.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no lunch due to busy work day
Great Job and Improving
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2016
Working here was a great and rewarding job. The pay was a little lower than expected but has improved its salary structure so vastly improved.
Good place to be employed
Nurse Clinician/Diabetes Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  EndocrinologySeptember 18, 2015
Good overall environment, unfortunately had to work tons of hours so poor work life balance. A lot of politics and favoritism, i suppose this happens everywhere.
Pros
Plenty of learning
Cons
hard to find time for lunch
Overall a Great Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 31, 2016
I learned a lot from working in the pharmacy here. From the pharmacists to the technicians they were a great group of people to be around. Management was not always as organized as they could have been, but they did what they believed to be necessary and best for everyone. At the end of the day its not the work that I will remember when I move on, but the faces of those I worked with.
Great
Research Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Lackland Airforce Base TXJanuary 20, 2016
This research job was the best by far. The hours and shifts were great with plenty of family time with great incentives as well as benefits.
Pros
Work from home as needed
Cons
Contract ended
Childrens is a great company to work with
Operations Administration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2016
Working at Childrens has been a great experience. My co-workers are a great bunch of people. We try to have fun while maintaining a professionalism at work. I have learned so much as the Operations Coordinator and continue to learn.
Pros
Meet and deal with a diverse group of people
Cons
Meet and deal with a diverse group of people
Fulfilling fun place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2016
I never viewed working at Nationwide Childrens as a job, but at as an calling. I never felt more alive and fulfilled in all of my life working. Watching sick children and teenagers come in and then leave healthy and happy was the greatest. I truly wish I was still there.
Pros
Fullfilling, Nurses are great, good education programs and support
Cons
Managment, If you wern't part of the "click" you were disliked
Non-nursing departments culturally challenged
Manager of Laboratory Central Processing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2015
Director not accountable for misbehavior towards new hires.
Tolerance of staff insubordination
Department managers allowed to ridicule positive hospital initiatives to line staff in the presence of Director
Manager allowed to routinely debase co-manager without consequence.
Pervasive staff intimidation resulting in poor morale
Tenured staff terminated for challenging hiring practices. Does not promote internal career advancement
Most enjoyable part of job was working with exceptional line staff and being supported by innovative managers.
Pros
Beautiful facility; Excellent patient care
Cons
Poor staff training documentation
Amazing place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 2, 2016
I love NCH, I have learned so much here. I love everyone that I work with, and the entire atmosphere of the hospital. It is amazing to see the kids and their families in the hallways. The doctors are the most wonderful people I have ever worked for. There is not one thing that I could say bad about Nationwide Children's.
Day at work at childrens hospital
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2015
We start our days at 7am every morning , get our assigements and our voceras. We get report on all the patients from the nurses. We start at 8am doing vitals and introducing ourselves to patients and parents. We do vitals at 8am , 12pm , and 4pm on day shift , its typically every four hours. we bath them with our shower wipes or parents do and change their beds daily. We do burn dressings and set up for the burn dressings for the nurses . Then we give report to the night shift PCAs. Our coworkers are very nice and friendly and work together. The hardest part of my job is seeing what some of these kids have to go through. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids smile and walk out of the hospital all better.
Pros
nice and friendly people
Impressed with the quality of care provided by the staff
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2016
The staff was commented on high levels of accuracy and work productivity. They demonstrated “team player” behaviors and seem to view individual success as imperative to group success.
They were direct, straightforward, honest and polite.
My review
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2015
A good place to work. Great opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement for established employees. Education was encouraged. Also continuing training for computer and many other classes.
fun place with a gym included
General Anesthesia Circulator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2015
Children's was a wonderful place to work. At first it took some getting used to because I became pretty much attached to some of the children, however, I loved my team and we always came together during difficult times.
Pros
Helping Children, Benefits
Cons
Not enough time for breaks
Great Place to Work
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 26, 2015
Very nice place to work. Nationwide Children's Hospital cares about it's patients and employees and it shows in all they do. Quality care given at all times by a group of caring, loving individuals from upper management down to housekeeping.
Pros
employee rewards
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2