Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

bad management
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2017
Management is barely present on floor. Staff has a lot of drama behind the scenes. Other than that, the kids are fun for the most part. A lot of high stress situations.
Pros
fun with kids
Cons
management and staff not ideal
Fun and productive work environment
New U/Play Strong Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 11, 2017
The employees and the patients make the experience exciting and worth the hard work. It teaches you communication skills and how to time manage well.
I enjoy working with children & their families
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 5, 2017
I enjoy helping people & I have a lot of empathy for children & their families. I found working at Nationwide Children's Hospital to be very self rewarding. I have good interpersonal skills, I get along well with others while getting the job done. I am adaptable to all kinds of change & remain patient care focused. I always try to remain positive even when others are negative. I normally love working at Children's Hospital & I have received some great reviews from working there before. However, I didn't have as good of experience this last time when I worked in Endocrinology. My supervisor did not like me & I could not win with her. She displayed favoritism towards others & it was very cliquey there. I saw myself making the same mistakes as others but theirs were laughed off & forgiven & mine were punished. There are people in that department who don't do anything but constantly look for things that others did wrong so they can lay the blame on them, instead of being focused on patient care. I feel like I was set up & sabotaged there. I do not feel this way about Children's Hospital as a whole, just the Endocrinology department there. The acting chief in that department does not know what she is doing & she looks to blame everything that goes wrong on the nurses. The department is very unorganized & all they do is throw the blame around, the supervisor knows this but never does anything but hire more people, that there is no room for & not enough computers for. She gave me a warning for wearing the wrong color pants but let the other LPN's where whatever they  more... wanted. The tasks, responsibilities, the schedule & where we were supposed to be at changed every day, minute by minute. The supervisors know this but don't care to fix anything. I love working at Nationwide Children's Hospital but their Endocrinology department is horrible.  less
excellent
Medical interpreter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2017
excellent,i injoied working here.it is the place for work.all the staff are helpful and nice.i recomend to everybody to work here.the atmosphare is good.
Stay Away From Agency/Contingent Positions
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2017
This is a great place to work if you can secure a full-time position. However, they tend to offer numerous Agency/Contingent positions. I would recommend to stay away from the Agency/Contingent positions as you are just an after thought. During the interviewing/on-boarding process you will be told information of how many hours you can expect to work, however the reality is you will not be anywhere close to that. Unfortunately this is just like any other physical therapy mill where it is focused on how many times can we get these children in the clinic to receive reimbursement, rather than focusing on actually assisting them with their pain and/or dysfunction.
Pros
Working with a specific population
Cons
Clinical management very poor communication, Focus is on quantity of treatments and not quality, Minimal manual therapy performed, Lack of hours for agency/contingent positions, Lack of professional development options
Benefits only good if you have children
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2017
The compensation is average, however the benefits are only good if you have children. The company culture was pretty standard, nothing outstanding, but nothing to really complain about.
benefits
Security Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 22, 2017
supervised officers
worked one on one with patients, visitors and staff
created a safe environment for all in hospital
patrolled the hospital on a daily basis
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 19, 2017
NCH is a good place to work for most people. The pros are being able to help patients, visitors and staff from a Security point of view. The cons are the continuous walking throughout the hospital and outside patrol in freezing weather.
Pros
Great Healthcare Insurance and learning opportunities.
Cons
escorting the bodies of patients who have passed on.
Very professional and educational environment.
Student Researcher/Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2017
I was paired with the most friendly and helpful staff, and it allowed me to create a capstone project that was both professional and useful. I learned a lot about cooperation and what it means to work towards a common goal.
room to promote
Information Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2017
busy, diverse
mgmt. is good to their staff
they promote from within for growth
the hardest part is seeing all the sick kids
they have free classes to better your skills
NCH Review
Epic Cadence Application Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 12, 2017
Nationwide Children's Hospital is an amazing place to work. I enjoy waking up each morning knowing that I work for such a great organization. It is a once in a lifetime chance to work for such an amazing organization.
Great co-workers. Nice place to work. Very enjoyable to work with kids.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2017
A typical work day involves working with other departments to provide them as well as their patients with quality x-rays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the children you work with and your co-workers.
Team Work and lots of laughs
Lead Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2017
When I worked at Children's, it has probably been the best experience of my life. They take care of their employees but most importantly patient care.
Pros
Rewarding employees, Holiday events, Teamwork
Cons
Change in Management
Love my job
Patient Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2017
I have worked for NCH for almost 5 years now. I love the company and its mission and guiding principles. I love the atmosphere and culture of the entire hospital, no matter what department you encounter. I only wish they paid more.. I feel like wages are not very competitive, which is why I am in need of a second, part time job.
Fun place to be
Associate Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2017
Great place to work. Meet lots of good people. Everyone comes together complete the end goal. You feel a sense of accomplishment when you leave the work place.
Structured place and fun place to work
Supervisor of the Craniofacial Orthodontic Clinic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43205March 29, 2017
Children's Hospital is a great company to work for. They do amazing things for children and their families. It was a great place to work at as far as benefits and helping the children. You walk in the door and see all of the smiles on the children's faces even though they are sick. The attitude of the employees is so great because of the children at the hospital.
Benefits
Cons
Not flexible with personal time
Nch ok
RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
Working at NCH was okay. The compensation is good, but the benefits are a joke I feel like we are extremely busy all of the time. I am looking for a new job to live a healthier life.
Busy & Fun Place to Work
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43205March 17, 2017
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a fun place to work. It is always busy and there is always something to do. However, the work and the coworkers make the days very manageable.
Cons
short breaks
Low pay and a lot of work
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH REGISTRATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2017
This job came in handy as far as stability but I felt like the pay was not that great and raises are very slow! We had a lot of turn over and a lot of side duties and felt unappreciated by management!
Not What I Expected
Secretary, Information Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Management was not so great. To move up was impossible. Micro-managing was at an all time high. If you like working on your own and don't want to criticized for everything you do and not complimented for the good work that you do. Children's is not the place for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2