Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Security Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 22, 2017
supervised officers
worked one on one with patients, visitors and staff
created a safe environment for all in hospital
patrolled the hospital on a daily basis
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 19, 2017
NCH is a good place to work for most people. The pros are being able to help patients, visitors and staff from a Security point of view. The cons are the continuous walking throughout the hospital and outside patrol in freezing weather.
Pros
Great Healthcare Insurance and learning opportunities.
Cons
escorting the bodies of patients who have passed on.
Very professional and educational environment.
Student Researcher/Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2017
I was paired with the most friendly and helpful staff, and it allowed me to create a capstone project that was both professional and useful. I learned a lot about cooperation and what it means to work towards a common goal.
room to promote
Information Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2017
busy, diverse
mgmt. is good to their staff
they promote from within for growth
the hardest part is seeing all the sick kids
they have free classes to better your skills
NCH Review
Epic Cadence Application Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 12, 2017
Nationwide Children's Hospital is an amazing place to work. I enjoy waking up each morning knowing that I work for such a great organization. It is a once in a lifetime chance to work for such an amazing organization.
Great co-workers. Nice place to work. Very enjoyable to work with kids.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2017
A typical work day involves working with other departments to provide them as well as their patients with quality x-rays. The most enjoyable part of the job is the children you work with and your co-workers.
Team Work and lots of laughs
Lead Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2017
When I worked at Children's, it has probably been the best experience of my life. They take care of their employees but most importantly patient care.
Pros
Rewarding employees, Holiday events, Teamwork
Cons
Change in Management
Love my job
Patient Access Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2017
I have worked for NCH for almost 5 years now. I love the company and its mission and guiding principles. I love the atmosphere and culture of the entire hospital, no matter what department you encounter. I only wish they paid more.. I feel like wages are not very competitive, which is why I am in need of a second, part time job.
Fun place to be
Associate Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2017
Great place to work. Meet lots of good people. Everyone comes together complete the end goal. You feel a sense of accomplishment when you leave the work place.
Structured place and fun place to work
Supervisor of the Craniofacial Orthodontic Clinic (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43205March 29, 2017
Children's Hospital is a great company to work for. They do amazing things for children and their families. It was a great place to work at as far as benefits and helping the children. You walk in the door and see all of the smiles on the children's faces even though they are sick. The attitude of the employees is so great because of the children at the hospital.
Benefits
Cons
Not flexible with personal time
Nch ok
RN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2017
Working at NCH was okay. The compensation is good, but the benefits are a joke I feel like we are extremely busy all of the time. I am looking for a new job to live a healthier life.
Busy & Fun Place to Work
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43205March 17, 2017
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a fun place to work. It is always busy and there is always something to do. However, the work and the coworkers make the days very manageable.
Cons
short breaks
Low pay and a lot of work
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH REGISTRATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 9, 2017
This job came in handy as far as stability but I felt like the pay was not that great and raises are very slow! We had a lot of turn over and a lot of side duties and felt unappreciated by management!
Not What I Expected
Secretary, Information Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2017
Management was not so great. To move up was impossible. Micro-managing was at an all time high. If you like working on your own and don't want to criticized for everything you do and not complimented for the good work that you do. Children's is not the place for you.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 12, 2017
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a great facility to work for. They treat their patients and also employees great! I highly recommend this facility.
good place to work
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 9, 2017
Children's is a good place to work for job security and insurance. Children's is focused on team and family atmosphere.
Great company overall to work for.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2017
I started out in the research wing of Nationwide Children's. My first year was basically just grunt work cleaning the lab, ordering supplies, and keeping everything organized. My second year I was given more responsibility and allowed to work on projects that were both educational as well as helpful to the rest of the lab. I was tasked with reading protocols on everything from growing virus and bacteria used by other in-house labs for research, isolating DNA, and even manipulating the grown product inserting desired genes. This was then used by other labs both in-house and nationwide for use in various projects.
Pros
Fulfilling company with interesting projects.
Great Place to Work
Converged Network Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 4, 2017
I have been an Intern here over 9 months and have loved the people and daily challenges to my workload. A typical day of work can involve many many things and anything under the networking umbrella.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
poor pay for interns
cleaning
Janitor (Clean Hospital (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2017
the hardest part of this job was just going from floor to floor to clean but once you get a hang of it everything comes easier each day especially seeing all of the happy kids
Excellent Company
Radiographer/ Radiographer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Excellent company to work for. They treat their employees wonderfully and they are fantastic to all of their patients. The level of care at Children's Hospital is amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Nationwide Children's Hospital Reviews by Location