Nationwide Children's Hospital

Nationwide Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

na
National Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2016
Not the best place to work and not the worst place to work. Pay is low and leave time is poor. Management is less than desirable
Day at work at childrens hospital
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2015
We start our days at 7am every morning , get our assigements and our voceras. We get report on all the patients from the nurses. We start at 8am doing vitals and introducing ourselves to patients and parents. We do vitals at 8am , 12pm , and 4pm on day shift , its typically every four hours. we bath them with our shower wipes or parents do and change their beds daily. We do burn dressings and set up for the burn dressings for the nurses . Then we give report to the night shift PCAs. Our coworkers are very nice and friendly and work together. The hardest part of my job is seeing what some of these kids have to go through. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the kids smile and walk out of the hospital all better.
Pros
nice and friendly people
Fun work environment
Cardiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 8, 2016
Staff is so welcoming and helpful. A typical work day is from 8-4:30. My co-workers are always willing to assist me with patients or office tasks.
Rewarding Place to Work
PREP Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 21, 2016
At Children's hospital the goal really si to improve the lives, protect, improve, and heal the lives of children everywhere.
It was a fun place to work.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 14, 2015
I took care of patients. Did vital signs, gave baths, fed people. I enjoyed that job a lot. My co workers were very helpful. The hardest part of my job was when people would pass away. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of people.
Pros
getting to take care of kids
Cons
when the kids would pass away
Great Job and Improving
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 17, 2016
Working here was a great and rewarding job. The pay was a little lower than expected but has improved its salary structure so vastly improved.
good place to work
PCA (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioApril 13, 2016
really enjoyed it there and was sad when i had to leave. felt like home ot me and that this was the best fit for me so im mad that i left
Fun workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2016
This job was the most rewarding job. I loved working to provide the children with medication. I loved my co-workers and we all worked well together as a team. This was the best job.
Great
Research Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Lackland Airforce Base TXJanuary 20, 2016
This research job was the best by far. The hours and shifts were great with plenty of family time with great incentives as well as benefits.
Pros
Work from home as needed
Cons
Contract ended
fun place with a gym included
General Anesthesia Circulator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2015
Children's was a wonderful place to work. At first it took some getting used to because I became pretty much attached to some of the children, however, I loved my team and we always came together during difficult times.
Pros
Helping Children, Benefits
Cons
Not enough time for breaks

Want to know more about Nationwide Children's Hospital?

Ask a question
Very good company to work for
Orthodontic Assistant / Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2015
Working at Nationwide Children's is an amazing opportunity. They stress both patient and employee safety. Work/Life balance is also very important and everyone is encouraged and helped to become their very best. Some red tape and politics.
Great Place to Work
Licensed Practical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 26, 2015
Very nice place to work. Nationwide Children's Hospital cares about it's patients and employees and it shows in all they do. Quality care given at all times by a group of caring, loving individuals from upper management down to housekeeping.
Pros
employee rewards
great place to work in.
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioNovember 18, 2015
nationwide childrens is a very good place to work because is a great place to grow and great development opportunity very friendly and i enjoyed the years i work there because i had great supporting managers and coworkers.
I glad to be part of NationWide Children's Hospital staff.
Medical Assisting (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2015
Medical Assisting, Medical Interpreter and translating documents.
Nationwide Children's Hospital NCH has great services for employee and their families. NCH provides excellent trainings for the employee. Hardest part of my job is seeing patient suffering severe illness with different diseases. However, it's great way to help different people in different communities.
productive and team working enviroment
Patient Care Assistant and Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 12, 2015
I have work with Nationwide Childrens for 6 years. it is a very great place to work . The management is so great and very diverse.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
flexible schedule
Great facility with awesome staff
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2015
Great hospital. Friendly and attentive staff. Meets goals and expectations on a regular basis. Around the clock care for children from all over the world. Top pediatric hospital in the US
My review
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2015
A good place to work. Great opportunities for advancement and tuition reimbursement for established employees. Education was encouraged. Also continuing training for computer and many other classes.
A productive organization with a great team atmosphere
Registered Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2015
A typical day consisted of me providing patient care for a diverse group of individuals. Patient care included assessment, medication administration and carrying out an ongoing plan of care. Education and integration of disease processes with families along with collaboratively working with a team of healthcare professionals.
Pros
I enjoyed being a part of improving quality of life for patients.
Cons
Working weekends, long hours and holidays
Non-nursing departments culturally challenged
Manager of Laboratory Central Processing (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 28, 2015
Director not accountable for misbehavior towards new hires.
Tolerance of staff insubordination
Department managers allowed to ridicule positive hospital initiatives to line staff in the presence of Director
Manager allowed to routinely debase co-manager without consequence.
Pervasive staff intimidation resulting in poor morale
Tenured staff terminated for challenging hiring practices. Does not promote internal career advancement
Most enjoyable part of job was working with exceptional line staff and being supported by innovative managers.
Pros
Beautiful facility; Excellent patient care
Cons
Poor staff training documentation
A place that cares for every child
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 15, 2015
Nationwide Children's Hospital is a great place to work. This institution offers free training initiatives for employees and staff is personable.
Pros
Free trainings for employees, tuition reimbursement

4.2