Nationwide Credit Inc

Nationwide Credit Inc Employee Reviews

Very respectful place and nice people
Customer Representative (Former Employee), Endicott, NYApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work is somewhat boring because you do the same things everyday. It depends on how you handle working there because it can get stressful. Management was helpful but sometimes disrespectful. Co-workers were very nice because they do the same work and understand what you go through.
Call Center
Finance Advisor (Former Employee), Chandler, AZMarch 9, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: NA
I would call customers that are in collections with their american express cards. I did not like this job, the environment was not a place I liked. I did not like the pushy management.
Best part about this place is the coworkers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Endicott, NYMarch 4, 2015
Pros: pretty good benefits, awesome coworkers
Cons: lunches could be longer
It's alright place to work, if you like policies changing all the time without notice. the headsets were outdated and uncomfortable
Terrible and Unprofessioal Work Environment
Collector (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Cons: plenty
A basic day involves making 250 outbound collection calls to customers whose credit card accounts have been charged off. The new hire trainer for this location is a joke, has a big ego, pretends to be intelligent and knowledgeable, and openly disrespects employees because the senior manager at this office allows him to do these things. The new hire training is for about two weeks and involves learning how to read and memorize various scripts and learning how to use an outdated collection database system. Most of the managers they hire for this location have no college degree even though the job description for managers specifically requires a college degree. Also, most of the managers at this location do not have basic managerial skills, do not lead by example, lack training from senior management, give inconsistent and ambiguous instructions to collectors, and often show favoritism toward certain collectors. Turnover is extremely high at this location for both collectors and managers. Collectors are not encouraged by managers to think critically, have no say so in making improvements to the overall office policies, and are expected to adhere to unreasonable expectations from management and senior management. Lots of the collectors that work at this location are immature, unprofessional, and have not been out of high school for more than six years. About 75% of the employees including managers that work at this location despise working there and are in the process of looking for another job. On a positive note, this is a great place to gain experience working in financial services, which you can put on your resume. Senior management, stop micromanaging employees, allow them to think critically, create a work environment where employees feel empowered, and allow employees to be involved in the change process.
Fun place to work
Creditor and Collector (Current Employee), Endicott, NYJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: two 15-mins breaks and 45 mins lunch is very good especially when working only 8 hrs a day
Cons: controlling breaks time and lunch when log in and log out the phone is a little bit annoying
It is a challenging job and help workers know how to deal with frustrated customers with good communication skills. I would recommend this job to anyone, except, you cannot make good money there.
busy work environment
3rd Party Debt Collector (Former Employee), Vestal, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: chance to make extra money, sometimes overtime
Cons: office had bedbugs over 6 months before i left
made about 200 calls daily, computer software sometimes faulty
Terrible training and even worse management
Collector (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: alcoholism is not out of the ordinary for long time employees here.
The job is tedious and boring. The training is long and wholly inadequate for the task.Two women left the room in tears from the total tool of a trainer's bullying. The management is not supportive of the staff and downright hostile if you make even the slightest of mistakes. Any answer you give in response to "Why did you do X?" is treated like a ten year old's excuse for not getting their homework done. The entire workforce hates the job and despises the management.
a good place to work
CSR (Former Employee), binghamton nyJanuary 2, 2014
good environment to work in great bosses great people hatdest part was keeping familys electric shut off even if they cried to me. best part was helping them
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vestal, NYDecember 15, 2013
I would answer phone calls and assist customers with setting up electric and gas services. I loved working for this company.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vestal, NYDecember 11, 2013
Pros: make new friends, benefits
Cons: short breaks and lunches
you have your own desk computer and phone. learned to work in close environment with coworkers. Management is strict when it comes to punctuality. coworkers become good friends. hardest part is that the customers can stress you out by taking their anger out on you. enjoyable part is the feeling that you get when you help someone.
Not exactly the best place
Customer Service Rep 1 (Former Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 27, 2013
Pros: raise from 10 hr to 11 hr.
Cons: management information confusion, qa's taken at different location so low scores could be produced on irrelevant information.
This job is very unorganized. Multiple managers telling you different information highly contradicting each other. Was told can always ask for information yet upon request, managers really didnt answer questions and in some cases showed no desire to provide assistance. This was my primary reason for leaving.
Enjoy my colleagues and hours
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Tempe, AZNovember 21, 2013
Pros: winter months can get off early
Cons: get yelled at/cussed out by customers
Interesting work, but not the career job for me. A typical day involves taking phone calls for a NE Utility company, so I take payments, setup payment agreements, issue orders to turn power on. The hardest part of the job is when I get customers yelling & cussing at me because they did not pay their bill and got power turned off. what I enjoy most is informing the customers on ways to avoid that happenning again, I'm GREAT with Cust service
I work at Nationwide Credit Inc for three years and it was a very stressful job that made me unhappy.
CSR/Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: off on weekends, work 7am to 4 pm, bonus compensation for those who worked hard.
Cons: expensive health care, bad communication skills amougst the managers, and distrust throughout the office.
A typical day at work consisted of taking inbound and making outbound calls to customers who owed credit card debts. Some of the jobs functions were to negotiate, set up payment via ACH, debt Card and Credit Cards, multitasking, working with various computer applications, being customer eccentric, taking ownership of each call managing your time one the phone and making 250 outbound calls a day. The company's management was all over the place, very disorganized, and dysfunctional which made it hard to do my job. Every other day there was a consistent change with policies or procedures. continuously having to deal with the constant change of the basics of my job and doing hard core collections was the hardest part of my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that I learned new things, I had weekends off, and I had a steady income with bonus compensations.
Professional customer service provider
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vestal, NYOctober 1, 2013
Strong emphasis on teamwork and support
Daily bonuses for going above and beyond
A good place to start
Statement Coordinator (Current Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: collectors can make good money
Cons: strict attendance policy if you are not a favorite
Nationwide Credit is a good place to work for people who are starting in the work world. Working at Nationwide will teach you communication and negotiation skills. Depending on your position, you will compile reports and use software that can be beneficial later in your career. Most of the people at Nationwide are good people to work with. The management is unorganized and unprofessional. They tend to pass down their work to people beneath them on the payroll and portray that they are above the policies set forth by the organization.
This company does not even get a 3 out of 5. I rate it between 1 & 2
Collections Representative (Current Employee), Vestal, NYSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: health insurance and dential is good that is about it and people are nice to work with.
Cons: management is terrible and you hardly get recongized for doing a great job
I got told I was stealing company time for going to the bathroom in between my breaks and was breaking company policy. I got put on final written warning for it and was told that I could get fired for it.
fast paced
customer service rep (Current Employee), Vestal, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: good money flexible hours
Cons: managment needs work
very fast paced job but if you can handle it you will do great its hard to lose your job if u do what you are supposed to do i have been top collector 3 months running 300 dollar bonus checks every month which is nice
Collector
Collector (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2013
Debt Collector for different companies collecting on past due accounts
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vestal, NYJuly 1, 2013
This was a great call center environment although with the type of customers we were dealing with it could get very stressful. They had fun things weekly to do and prizes for certain things so they made it fun and enjoyable and was able to keep us motivated
Customer Financial Supervisor
Unit Collections Manager (Former Employee), Vestal NY, 13850June 10, 2013
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: 12 hour days easily, sometimes more, but werid shifts, life outside work doesnt exist
I ran more than one team of 12 to 24 employees each, most of the time you ran more than that because you worked different shifts from other managers so you were in charge of their team or teams as well. Back then the company had different contracts with several companies that did bad things example (MCI) therefore it was nothing but chaos trying to collect money from those customers. But as for the job the representatives were awesome, being that I worked my way up the ladder I can say there is room for advancement there, one of the things that most people say they do in the triple cities but don't actually do, but as a former rep, i can say you put your hours and time in a Duracell battery keeping that company moving.. I unfortunately was working at a point where the company started to go under, to many bad contracts even people who were 3 or for steps up the ladder above me lost their jobs.