Nationwide Credit Inc Employee Reviews

productive and challenging
Coaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 14, 2017
Nice and friendly staff. They work with you and are flexible. Friendly environment and training is made easy for the material to learn. They are supportive as well.
Pros
breaks and incentives and contests
Cons
sitting too long
Catty management & horrible benefits
Inbound Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 16, 2017
My previous position was fine for a college student, but this is not a company where you can build a career and/or advance. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, but management makes it a very stressful environment. Many of the managers act like high schoolers and tend to gossip, which is very unprofessional.
Pros
Co-Workers are amazing.
Cons
Benefits are horrible, Mangement is very cliquey and catty
Nice workplace
Lead Command Center Dialer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Committed to addressing customer concerns with speed, accuracy and professionalism, I’m a customer-focused, Representative with a proven capacity to troubleshoot issues to ensure customer satisfaction. Years of maintaining a high level patience and efficiency to minimize customer dissatisfaction and increase customer loyalty. As a self starter with experience in business financial and healthcare industry, I have multiple skill sets that would allow me to transition into a new role with limited training. With over 20 years in a call center environment, and extensive reporting background, I will be a positive addition to your organization.
its cool
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 21, 2016
its cool if your good at multi tasking on the phone and on the computer but can be stressful if your not but youll get good after awhile
A excellent place to work and they cared about the team as well.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 7, 2016
Beautiful building money good and I loved the hours no weekends.
Also the department was small and it felt like a family I would still be working they however the relocated to GA.
Pros
Good bonus pay out
Cons
no PTO time
Fun atmosphere, great coworkers, fun management
Debt Collector/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMay 1, 2016
Collections isn't easy. The people (especially management) at NCI made debt collecting fun and easy. Whenever you secured a payment arrangement, you were rewarded. Some days were very tough, but there's always tomorrow. "Money makes the pain go away" was our motto
Pretty fun place to work
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 3, 2015
The crew you worked with was usually pretty good. Always someone around to help you out if you needed it. The management worked with you to have days off if it was required. I learned how to hone in on my multi-tasking skills in a fast and efficient manner. I also learned how to control my temper when being cussed out and being called every dirty name you can imagine.
Pros
good crew to work with
Cons
being cussed out everyday by dumb customers
Prepare to give your life up.
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 23, 2015
Prepare to give your life up. It's like being in high school. Your business is not your own and you are expected to breath for the company. Good pay; poor and stressful environment.
Not Very Fun....
Collections representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYOctober 5, 2015
The people who work here are nice, but we all do the same job which is difficult. Having customer screaming at you over the phone for 8 hours makes for a lot of stress. The management here is all over the place and they can't seem to agree on anything so you're always getting yelled at about something. typical work day includes sitting for 8 hours on the phone nonstop with customers and everything you do is monitored.

The one thing I learned from this job is how to deal with difficult customers and hold my composure.
Pros
People who worked there, additional break time
Cons
Everything Else
Nationwide Credit Inc
Collection Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2015
I managed numerous people in 1st and 3rd party collections. I enjoyed the challenge of our numbers every month and how to adapt to make sure that your numbers where hit each and every month.
Pros
I am the challenge of leading people and achieving goals.
Cons
I was working to many hours managing an office.
Steady.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Endwell, NYSeptember 9, 2015
NCI was a company in which there was always something to be done. Calls came in at the very brisk manner, some days non stop from 7 am to 7 pm. Daily tasks were to help customers to the best of our abilities with any concerns they may have, providing the easiest solutions and finishing calls in a timely manner.
Pros
Enjoyable coworkers, health benefits.
Cons
Management, disregard for employee concerns.
In Collections you have good days and some bad days where you collect a lot of money and some days no money.
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYJuly 31, 2015
A typical day at work for me is to be able to collect $11,000. I usually am able to meet my quota but sometimes throughout the year business is slow. I try not to get discouraged as I look forward to my bonus checks the best part of the job. I get along with all my co-workers and we interact very well. They make the job run smoother. Management can use some training on how to deal with situations when under pressure.
Pros
They will work with you in case you need time off
Cons
Notification when making changes within the company
ugh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJuly 24, 2015
You work hard in a call center. Lots of people yelling at you over the phone. Must be responsible to work here but they hire a lot of young and sometime less mature folks. So they have to be a little bit cranky to fit the needs of the less mature worker.
Pros
Lots of overtime available especially during winter months
Cons
It is a difficult to keep positive, when being yelled at daily.
Ridiculous Policies
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJuly 12, 2015
Regardless of how hard you work, or how good you are at your job, they will find a reason to get rid of you. If you're going to work here, be sure you always apply other places.
Pros
Lasting Friendship
Cons
Lunches are short, support staff unhelpful
Good first Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJune 11, 2015
My time at NCI was overall fairly pleasant. The Co-workers were great and the management staff were almost always accomodating. Learned a lot from this job, particularly how to handle stressed customers.
Very respectful place and nice people
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYApril 22, 2015
A typical day at work is somewhat boring because you do the same things everyday. It depends on how you handle working there because it can get stressful. Management was helpful but sometimes disrespectful. Co-workers were very nice because they do the same work and understand what you go through.
Call Center
Finance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMarch 9, 2015
I would call customers that are in collections with their american express cards. I did not like this job, the environment was not a place I liked. I did not like the pushy management.
Pros
Cons
NA
Best part about this place is the coworkers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMarch 4, 2015
It's alright place to work, if you like policies changing all the time without notice. the headsets were outdated and uncomfortable
Pros
pretty good benefits, awesome coworkers
Cons
lunches could be longer
Terrible and Unprofessioal Work Environment
Collector (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 5, 2015
A basic day involves making 250 outbound collection calls to customers whose credit card accounts have been charged off. The new hire trainer for this location is a joke, has a big ego, pretends to be intelligent and knowledgeable, and openly disrespects employees because the senior manager at this office allows him to do these things. The new hire training is for about two weeks and involves learning how to read and memorize various scripts and learning how to use an outdated collection database system. Most of the managers they hire for this location have no college degree even though the job description for managers specifically requires a college degree. Also, most of the managers at this location do not have basic managerial skills, do not lead by example, lack training from senior management, give inconsistent and ambiguous instructions to collectors, and often show favoritism toward certain collectors. Turnover is extremely high at this location for both collectors and managers. Collectors are not encouraged by managers to think critically, have no say so in making improvements to the overall office policies, and are expected to adhere to unreasonable expectations from management and senior management. Lots of the collectors that work at this location are immature, unprofessional, and have not been out of high school for more than six years. About 75% of the employees including managers that work at this location despise working there and are in the process of looking for another job. On a positive note, this is a great place to gain experience working in financial services,  more... which you can put on your resume. Senior management, stop micromanaging employees, allow them to think critically, create a work environment where employees feel empowered, and allow employees to be involved in the change process.  less
Pros
Cons
Plenty
Fun place to work
Creditor and Collector (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYJanuary 10, 2015
It is a challenging job and help workers know how to deal with frustrated customers with good communication skills. I would recommend this job to anyone, except, you cannot make good money there.
Pros
two 15-mins breaks and 45 mins lunch is very good especially when working only 8 hrs a day
Cons
controlling breaks time and lunch when log in and log out the phone is a little bit annoying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Credit Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Nationwide Credit Inc Reviews by Location