Nationwide Credit Employee Reviews

Goal Oriented and Customer Service friendly workplace
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 27, 2016
Nine hour work day with an hour break. I learned a plethora of negotiation and computational skills. Management is solid 4/5. Diverse work environment with co-workers from various different backgrounds. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with unruly people while the most enjoyable would be the people in the workplace.
Change in Management has made it hard to work
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 25, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help the customers. I have been there for 6 years and seen a lot of changes occur that make me wonder about job stability.
Pros
Recent motivation by the Human Resource Department
Cons
Managers need training on how to be managers, not boss employees making it an enjoyable place to work.
Sub-standard
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 23, 2016
The culture at NCI is get as much as you can out of each individual without have to pay them adequately. You do have to opportunity to learn how to work with difficult people because everyone there is self involved and immature. The managers try hard but are encouraged to be stand-offish a difficult to please.
Pros
Lots of Overtime available
Cons
You are always being yelled at by customers and managers
Room for growth and challenges!
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 21, 2016
The morning can start with a company meeting that would update us about the financial levels of our co. in the past and plans for the present. Or, we would just clock in and get right to work. I learned how to manage time with multiple deadlines to meet. Different strategies to complete tasks. There are a lot of employees in one room working in a business facility. It is nice to interact with all kinds of people and at the same time you can learn something new. There was nothing hard that I could not accomplish, I enjoyed the challenge because I seen growth and self development as accomplished goals.
Keep Looking
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 20, 2016
not a bad call center when the economy was bad, but now there are many more opportunities for higher paying jobs in the Phoenix area.
Pros
the people who work there
Cons
management providing mis-information, no upward advancement, lots of favoritism by management, no matter how good you are, how high your QAs score or how low your handle time or if you have perfect attendence, you will not be compensated for it
Fun, good atmosphere
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 14, 2016
They do a lot to keep you engaged and keep moral up. Lots of potlucks, contests, and games with prizes. Great people. Lots of vending machines and microwaves, ping pong table.
productive
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 6, 2016
learned to multitask effeiciently, team work was very much neccessary, learned to remain composed dealing with irrational customers
The managers and co workers helped each other
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working as a customer service rep, helping customers with any issues or concerns they may have, finding a solution to their problems,
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Okay to work for, good hours, management need better organization
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  SacramentoFebruary 28, 2016
Ive been here for 7 months, it pays decent but the company is very unorganized and management is not that great. It is very competitive if you like competition it will be fun. Not such a professional environment however. It is a call center and people act like they are still in high school from time to time.
customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 9, 2016
I did not like dealing with nasty customers
staring at computer all day
co workers friendly and helpful
located in corporate center
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
sitting all day

Want to know more about Nationwide Credit?

Ask a question
stressfull
Account Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  5503 cherokee lane alexandria va 22304May 17, 2016
IT is an unfair work envionment.
Senority means alot.
Managment could have been beter.
Hardest part is dealing with unprofessional employees.
Alot of drama and gossip.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
unfair
Productive Work Place
Quality Assurance / Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 5, 2016
NCC strive for customer service and continuously, training in a fast pace environment. Fun/family workplace - celebration of birthdays and holidays.
Pros
Caring, Loving Owner - Always thinking of the employees
Cons
Turnovers
customer
fairly easy (Current Employee) –  tempeJanuary 15, 2016
work all depends on how busy it is or on types of customers that call in to have services or questions that need answers or explanations
Pros
understanding manager
Cons
no OT
Great company to work for, fun and friendly environment
Account supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, WaJanuary 21, 2014
Learned how to deal with customers who had disputes about their accounts.
Multi-tasked in maintain database and phone interaction.
Management was helpful with any questions.
Co-workers were able to assist with any questions if management was unavailable.
Hardest part of the job would be contacting older clients with past due debts, knowing they had no money to pay, yet it was my job to collect on that debt and I did.
Most enjoyable part of the job was having a job and steady income and friendly co-workers and management.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Part time
Collections agent
Collector (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 10, 2013
A typical days work consisted of making a minmum of 200 phone calls each day. A minimum of 3 hours talk time and 25 accounts worked a day.
I learned how to work in a confined space.
I managed my accounts by writing down every account worked, as well as which accounts were post dated.
I had co workers come to me often to ask "what are we supposed to do?"
The hardest part of the job was sitting for 8 hours a day.
The most enjoyable part in collections were my coworkers, they made it fun, in a dull environment.
Pros
The people
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time.
accounts receivables or collections
Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FloridaJune 20, 2015
Nationwide was one of the greatest job that I have. I started out in clerical department and rose to the accounts payable department and finally collections analyst for Amercian Express
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
late nights and Saturdays
I loved my job and everyone I worked with
Collection Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHNovember 13, 2013
• Participated in staff recruitment, hiring, training and scheduling. Supervised office of 60 collectors.
Resolved day to day employee issues , complaints, and any written disciplinary actions. Participated in staff recruitment, hiring, training and scheduling. Elevated morale and decreased high employee turnover rates, achieving manager of the year award. Processed employee time sheets. Catered to company’s bigger clients AMEX Company & Corporate and maintained great environment and Amex revenue of 75& or better. Call monitoring and auditing / data entry. Handled training bay unit in addition to a PPA unit, auditing compliance of collector files, and Commercial & Consumer Account collections
Comfortable enviroment
Collections II /Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2013
I started to work for this company as one of the 1st employees when the company opened in Greensboro,N C, in June of 1997. The people were nice, but it is always hard to work for a company that is just starting up. Management has to develope structure that fits the company. A lot of things have to get smooth out, and this can take a lot of time. Much trial and error involved. We collected for MCI telecommunications accounts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the perk for the highest dollars collected each month. It was a parking certificate. Getting this certificate allowed me to park in front of the entrance door of the company for a month. I received this certificate many times.
Pros
parking certificate.
Cons
breaks and lunches.
collections
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLApril 6, 2014
A stressful place to work but very rewarding. I learned a lot of information on credit issues. Management was always professional & my coworkers always helpful. The hardest part of the job was to find patients that have high balances on accounts. And the most enjoyable part of the job was when you can help patients to come to a resolution with their credit issues.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
health insurance
It is what you make it.
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  AlexandriaAugust 30, 2012
From a collectors view,it is great. You are the most valued person to the owner. If you are a manager, you make less money than a decent collector makes,anything that goes wrong is your fault and your best is never good enough. Everything is about the company controlling you.
Pros
fun environment when interacting with the staff
Cons
requesting days off is frowned at

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Credit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9