Nationwide Financial

Nationwide Financial Employee Reviews

Great place to work/they always try to incorporate team building events
Sr. Analyst Account Change (Current Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: free parking/flex time
Cons: not sure/ i love it here
I have been with Nationwide Financial for 34 years. This is a great place to work. Great place to work. Plenty of room for advancement if you choose that path. The part that makes me happy at the end of the day is knowing that I was able to help at least one external customer and make that person feel like part of the Nationwide neighborhood.
My first experience with a big company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, DEJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: good experience in customer service
Cons: turned out to not have any real job security
I liked working for Nationwide and the daily contact with customers and being able to solve their issues.
I did expect more job security. The company closed their Delaware location and moved back to Columbus Ohio and left about 500 people out of work in 2008 which was the start of a great recession. It took me 18 months before I found another job.
Good company to work for
Financial Suitability Principal (Former Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 13, 2014
Good company to work for, good culture, great benefits. Company perks around the city.
Productive and fun workplace that stresses a good work life balance
Regional Vice President (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2014
Distributed Fixed,Variable, Index and Immediate Annuities in addition to Mutual Funds to the Financial Institutions Channel.
Horrible place to work
Financial Services Technician (Former Employee), Dublin, OHOctober 18, 2014
If I could give this a negative rating I would. Horrible narcissistic people.
Offered a broad range of opportunity
Director, Project Management (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioJuly 24, 2014
Provided me with the ability to develop a broad range of skills and expertise spanning multiple business lines and support functions.
Marketing VP
Marketing Executive (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 22, 2014
Marketing thought leader with expertise leading dynamic teams to deliver business results by developing and executing strategic marketing programs for B2B and B2C markets across multiple distribution platforms
Good Benefits
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 7, 2014
Good Benefits, Friendly co-workers. Could do a better job with development and career path.
Strong Positive Company
Financial Services Analyst (Current Employee), Dublin, OHMay 5, 2014
Nationwide is an engaged company where the objective is to groom its employees for growth and advancement. Management coaches you to grow, and you learn to coach new employees to grow. Add in the team and company wide outings, the community involvement, and the opportunity to learn how to brand yourself, and you've got no choice but to succeed.
MS SQL Server Developer/SSRS/SSIS/SSAS
MS SQL Server Developer/SSRS/SSIS/SSAS (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 7, 2014
• Wrote user requirement documents based on functional specification.
• Designed data models using Erwin.
• Worked with Visual basic for access the database using data access objects, VB script.
• Designed and developed SSIS packages using stored procedures, configuration files, tables, views, and functions and implemented best practices to maintain optimal performance.
• Migrate the data from SQL server 2000 to 2005/08 and also to work with DTS packages migration SQL server 2000 to SQL server 2005/08 SSIS.
• Involved to work with building a new platform with the using of SSIS.
• Responsible for creating the reports basing on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
• Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down and Sub-Report using RDL. Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
• Involved to work with performance tune reporting service with replication for reporting.
• Identified the data source and defining them to build the data source views.
• Wrote the SQL queries for the drill down reports.
• Identified and added the report parameters.
• Formatted the reports using the Global variables and expressions.
• Developed physical data models and create DDL scripts to create database schema and database objects.
• Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
• Implement of custom logging information with the using execute SQL task for SSIS packages.
• Developed stores procedures to transform the data from enterprise data warehouse to APT data mart to build dimensions and load data to fact tables.
• Performance tuning to optimize SQL queries using query analyzer.
• Created indexes, Constraints and rules on database objects.
Positive, learning environment
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee), Columbus, ohioJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: buliding and maintianing relationship with co-workers
Cons: processing tasks according to inefficient procedures
An average work day consists of a daily group meeting with our team lead/manager to discuss any new processing procedures put in place to help us be more efficient. After that we would then begin our work day which consisted of reviewing and auditing work, and providing feedback for employee errors. My co-workers were positive and upbeat and always willing to leand a helping hand if needed.
Productive and positive environment for Development
Project Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours; work from home as needed; trust environment; employee engagement high
Cons: resources;project and timeline demands;contractors;
My day at work consisted of conference meetings; planning; budgeting; people management; project oversight;

Co-workers were very dedicated, skilled, with educational and experience background that enabled productivity and quality.

The hardest part of the job was managing the project budget, scope, and timelines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was managing through the risks, issues and delivering a quality, cost - effective product for our customers; knowing the customer satisfaction.
entry level position, no real advancement track
Territory Management Representative (Current Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 20, 2013
Culture is great, however advancement is difficult and stymied by lack of openings and movement.
Amazing
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 17, 2013
Fantastic benefits, worked with the best crew, hours were great and was able to still have a social life.
True balance of work-hard/play-hard environment
Licensing Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2013
Pros: great management, good pay(for contractor), gifts of appreciation
Cons: availability of associate jobs
I felt true fellowship between myself, my co-workers, and my managers. Although I was only a contractor, I was treated with the same respect and dignity as any associate. Management was responsive to concerns and made sure that hard work was rewarded fairly (we had many special food gifts and team appreciation meetings). I felt appreciated and truly taken care of. I love Nationwide Financial!
x
Financial Service Representative - Case Manager (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 22, 2013
Responsible for handling five states and processing over 300 life insurance applications a month with an average of 98.92% quality. Evaluating insurance worthiness based on thorough analysis of the application for policies under $25,000. Assisting the underwriter with complex cases up to $10 million by ensuring all appropriate documents are submitted and 1035 exchanges are handled appropriately. Ensuring compliance of state regulations and client confidentiality while providing exceptional customer service to Nationwide agents.
Laid back call center type collections...
Accounts Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZJuly 21, 2013
Overall, a good company to work with, with an outstanding crew, and good overall work environment.
Secured job
Oracle DBA/Developer (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 12, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: benefit pacakage
I keep very busy
Oracle DBA work
Management is good
Co-workers are warm
Sometime over work
New learning
The company is for the family and work and life balance
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 4, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: pay raises and healthcare
My typical work day starts out very productive. I work with little management and our office has five auditors. The most difficult part of my job is when we are short staff and people are out on vacation. This and the fourth quarter which is the utmost importance to the financial arena. What I enjoy the most about my job is those I work with and the how the company is customer focus, but also employee focus.
They care about their employees
Financial Analyst- Annuity Sales and Service (Current Employee), Dublin, OHApril 25, 2013
The Nationwide corporation has been a great company to work for. They put a major emphasis on education for all associates and provide great benefits. Because of the amazing management I have been under I have been able to explore my talents and gain some usable skills.

About Nationwide Financial

Nationwide Financial was founded in 1989 and has over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry. Initially the – Read more

Nationwide Financial Salaries