JOB DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
I. Job Summary
The Associate Agent sells Property & Casualty Insurance to new and current customers. Develops prospects from current customers, referral leads and other sources. Attends sales and trade meetings to develop new business prospects. May make presentations on insurance services to attract new clients. May prepare forms or agreements to complete sale. May evaluate costs and revenue of agreements to determine if they are profitable to continue. May sell personal lines products, (auto & home), commercial, life insurance and/or financial investments. Upholds the agency’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business with clients and Nationwide Insurance.
II. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be aggressive/assertive, a self-starter with the ability to influence others. Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- A college degree or equivalent is desirable and must have all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance.
- Expected to meet the monthly new business premium goals through a variety of sources: cold calls, referrals, etc.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- Contacts prospective customers to makes sales quota and collect necessary deposits for insurance services.
- Develops quota of prospects through an organized prospecting program that may include presentations on insurance services to groups to attract new customers.
- Determines customers’ insurance needs and prepares proposal to sell accounts. Prepares and communicates proposals. Adheres to agency policies and procedures for writing a new account.
- Explains features and merits of Nationwide Insurance products & services offered and recommends amount and type of coverage based on analysis of prospect’s circumstances using persuasive sales techniques.
- Ensure that all quotes and sales procedures and practices are in compliance with Nationwide Insurance requirements and State insurance regulations.
- Provide prompt attention to new business follow-up and change processing. Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, agency and Nationwide personnel.
- Enter information and data regarding every customer interaction in Nationwide Insurance computer software.
- Attends a weekly staff meeting and other office meetings as necessary.
- Prepares a weekly report regarding sales activities. Provides weekly sales results reports identifying for each sale the policyholder, type of policy and source of business.
IV. Other Requirements
1. Must be licensed to sell insurance and financial services in the State.
2. Maintain knowledge of Nationwide products and underwriting criteria.
3. Fully understand the Employee Handbook.
V. Equipment and Software Usage:
Personal computer, calculator, on-line information system and software including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
VI. Working Conditions
Fast-paced, multiple tasking conditions, high disruption environment.
VII. Job Performance Standards:
1. Sales Quota
2. Annual Agency Performance Objectives
3. Professional Growth Objectives