Nationwide Insurance Agency Employee Reviews

Sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2017
Great job if you do not mind working to 10 pm and from 8 am.
yet you can go away and do things you need during any hours you want but have to be available to sell at any moment.
Job was good but started loosing money. Job sales would fall off. Due to economy changes
Pros
good people, Fun job
Cons
Loosing sales on the back end.
Relaxing place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Soccastee SCAugust 9, 2017
It's a calm environment, you get to meet lots of people. The manager at this location wasn't so nice. Most of the agents were on the internet looking for wedding dresses and home stuff to shop for. And customers waiting in the lobby.
Pros
Meeting new people
Nice!! Enjoyed working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAAugust 3, 2017
Nice environment. NO one standing over your shoulder. Management was very professional and kind, courteous....attended trainings, company paid for license test...provided food, friendly.
Pros
nice 1 hour lunch and 15 minute breaks, . could eat at desk
Negative Environment
Licensed Sales Producer (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHMarch 30, 2017
Nationwide offers good policies. I did not care for the work environment, that is not a reflection on Nationwide just the agent owner I worked under.
Nationwide Insurance
Licensed Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutNovember 2, 2016
Working at an independent office is much different from Corporate. It's all about what you prefer. The salary is often less in an independent agency..
Ever-changing business
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 2, 2016
Every day is a different day, you will never get bored if you always like to have something to do. It is fast pace and time-consuming quoting.
Job
Licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2015
A typical day in the office involved assisting customers through various needs, making calls, responding to emails, and providing care that Nationwide clients are used to receiving.
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 17, 2014
My daily activities included assisting agents with day to day activities. Calling policy holders on late payments. Assist policy holders in filing a claim. Create spreadsheets for different reports. Come up with creative ways to get our policy holders to add to their policy's. It was a close office, the environment was awesome, we worked hard but also had a lot of fun. There was lots of room for advancement, however I took the job at Plato's Closet which is why I left this job.
Pros
Co-workers
This was an enjoyable job.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYSeptember 25, 2013
Working in this insurance agency consisted of doing the usual secretarial skills of typing, filing, answering phones, correspondence, and shorthand along with working with customers as they came into the office, collecting insurance premiums, filing claims, writing applications, and quoting rates. I enjoyed all of these parts of my job, and at least once or twice a year I was left to run the office on my own for one or two weeks at a time.
Pros
I enjoyed all of my job.
Cons
Sometimes I would not get breaks when working on my own in the office.
This was my first secretarial position but my education provided me well for the job.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYApril 10, 2013
A typical day was learning the new insurance terminology, and studying to be licensed in Auto and Fire Insurance. I also typed, took dictation, filed, quoted rates, collected premiums, helped customers by phone and as they came in the office. I was the only worker besides the agent. The hardest part of the job was when several customers would come in at the same time and the phone would be ringing too. The most enjoyable part was being able to take care of those customers in a calm and timely fashion.
Pros
i enjoyed working independently when the agent was gone, and doing a dependable job, so he was not afraid to leave me alone, and take days off or go on vacation.
Cons
on busy days when i worked alone i sometimes didn't get breaks.
Great Place to Work
Senior Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 10, 2012
Determined insurance eligibility under Maryland and District of Columbia laws by reviewing policies, claims, and other records.
Resolved claims investigations by managing investigative files.
Resolved property damage claims by managing the appraisal process and working with appraisers to determine and communicate damages and establishing repair/damage estimates.
Managed claims authorization and payments to ensure compliance with company guidelines.
My least productive experience
College Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 27, 2012
My work was consistent and repetitive there

Only 3-5 people worked there on a given day

Most enjoyable part of job was when I worked on petty cash ledger

Felt unchallenged due to menial work there.
Pros
easily reachable by bus;
Cons
no work that allowed me to gain skills; only work repetitive and unchallenging