Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company

Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Productive and good company to work for
Home Care Representative/Field Underwriter (Former Employee), Western Penna.July 5, 2015
Pros: Excellent co workers and Manager
Cons: Our department was downsized
Enjoyed my time with Nationwide. I would go back in an instant.
Typical day was inspecting homes, reviewing underwriting guidelines, measuring homes and working up replacement costs. Co-workers were great. Hardest part was the winter months.
Great Experience to entry into handling claims
Injury Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJuly 1, 2015
Pros: the ability to learn new skills, benefits and pay, flexibility
Cons: Commute
A typical day would be to interview all parties, acknowlege all injured parties and explain Personal Injury Protection coverage and what it pays for. Manage claim workload. I learned to read medical reports and to manage claims workload. Management was knowledgeable. My co-workers were diverse and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to cross-train.
insurance agent
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 30, 2015
worked for a small office, co-workers were like family. Relocated due to spouses job. Only drawback was being limited with products to offer the customer
Fun place to work!
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Hours, Location
Cons: Insurance Benefits
I would file mail into envelopes and then pull out the envelopes to take to the back and put them into the postage machine. Very goal oriented company and the best part of the whole job, was the associates I worked with.
Surprising environment and culture for such an established company
Sr. Requirements Analyst (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 24, 2015
Pros: Training opportunities; off-site engagement meetings; Agile culture and environment
Cons: The occasional glimpse of 'old world hierarchy'
Normally, large companies have a hard time keeping up with the cultural desires of the work force. Normally, they have a hierarchy so well established it will never change. But not Nationwide.

Management is strong, considerate, and does a good job at prioritizing your career development.

The co-workers around you are friendly and helpful, not to mention intelligent and experts in their fields.

Occasionally, as with any company, you will butt up against something or someone that is just stuck in their old ways. This is the hardest part of the job. But considering the regular movement of the organization, it's minor.

I enjoy working here. The team environment structure of the ADC means each day you can look forward to working with competent people who value you and your work. That is easily the most enjoyable part of the job.
fun place to work in but not good management
member care rep (Former Employee), san antoni texasJune 23, 2015
go into to work start taking incoming calls for bilingual customers. The hardest part of the job was to handle irate customers at times.
Lies
Member Benefits Representative (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 23, 2015
They did nothing but lie to me the entire time I was at the company. They told me I would be able to change my hours so I'd start at a better time -they said this would happen at the 6 month mark and that mark came and went only to be told only the more senior representatives would be offered this chance- and they also said I could transfer out of the department after 6 months- I could certainly apply to other jobs but my manager refused to let me leave until at least a year had been completed even though other people who started after me were able to transfer without any manager interference.
The day is basically being stuck at a computer for 7.45 hours - you don't get a full 40 hour week working there- being yelled at by customers for things their agents did or didn't do or agents yelling at you to fix their mistakes. They were starting to implement a system of pop ups from unknown managers saying better get on the phone since there's people in the phone queue even if the message came while you were on the phone or on lunch. They kept track of every minute of your workday and would spend your one on ones talking about how to be both insanely fast on the phone calls but taking your time to be thorough which conflicted with each other since you can't control how much a person on the other line is going to handle the call beyond saying I can only do this much or there's nothing I can do.
I honestly don't know how people get the good jobs at Nationwide but I never had the chance to do so. I was the fastest person on my team for call turnaround and accuracy but still couldn't get a decent job with the company.
Oh great workout center though.
Productive and fun place to work, you get to help people.
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJune 20, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Meeting the sales quotas can be stressful
Nationwide is a great company to work for they provide alot of support and traning for their agents. You get to help your clients find the best coverage for them now and in the future.
Nice place to work
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES RECRUITER - TALENT (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 19, 2015
Reviewed candidate pool, source, screen and submit qualified candidates to hiring mangers as they make their selection for candidates that they would like to interview.

Select qualified candidates, interview and hire them.

Perform compensation consultation and being on boarding process--including drug and background checks for completion.
Great cause
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2015
This was a great job! I loved the people and everything they stand for. A great group of people. I enjoyed every minute of my 7 years with them.
working with the public is me
customer agent support (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDJune 18, 2015
Pros: getting out of the house
Cons: winter weather
Have always in some form worked with the public and that is the best part to a job. Have had management position when I worked at banking which I did for 17 years. Something I have always wanted to do is work the Presidential and State elections, jury duty, and census have did that since living In Delaware.
Productive and employee friendly
Specialist (Current Employee), Highland Hills, OHJune 18, 2015
Diverse company, fast paced environment. Allow for work/life balance. Wide ranging projects with ability to define continuous improvement processes.
Interesting and Growth Experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Collierville TnJune 14, 2015
Fast paced and proffessional environment to help excel in an advanced work experience. I highly recommend applying to some different insurance providers if you are looking for a job, they pay well even at the bottom and if you work for a nice agent, work may be fun each day!
love
Retirement Financial Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJune 13, 2015
i love working for enterprise i loved my manger and the people that work there, you really become a family working close together. it's just the wages for the work performed just does not cut it for me.
Great environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great healthcare
Cons: Organizing inside the building was not that great.
Nationwide was a great place to learn so much about insurance policies. Great co-workers. Helped agents from different states in adding or removing vehicles. Management was okay and the most enjoyable part of the job was the fun we had when we worked on a holiday or weekend.
Professional atmosphere
Associate Agent (Current Employee), Steubenville, OHJune 12, 2015
Pros: Great work space
Cons: No lunch break or health benefits
A typical day in the office is that I come in at 9am and go over what I need to get done for the day regarding clients, paperwork, calls, etc. and then through out the day deal with walk ins and phone calls that we receive. There are no dull moments. I have learned an incredible amount of information about the insurance field which included getting both my P & C license and my Life & Health license. My co - workers work with me well and we help each other when needed. They are positive which helps the environment of the office flow well. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied customers about things that we can not control directly. When issues come up about certain situations that are out of our hands it is frustrating that the customers are upset with us. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing coverage for our clients that sincerely appreciate it and know that we truly do care to help them.
excellent place to work
Tier 1 IT support (Former Employee), Dublin ohiJune 11, 2015
Pros: good pay good training
Cons: hard to get hired as a direct hire not a contractor
Nationwide IT service desk was a great place to work. Its hard to get the job as a regular full time employee.
excellent training, good pay and hard working employees
management is very attentive to the needs and desires of each employee
Exceptional team
Senior IT Analyst (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioJune 10, 2015
Pros: Team Lunches, Team Outings
The most enjoyable part of work was playing with cutting edge technologies and learning about the insurance industry as a whole.

What I like most about Nationwide was the ability to take on multiple roles within the company. I really appreciated how management was open to providing everone with opportunities and for growth and development.

The most enjoyable part of the job was participating in team events and lunches each month. I am extremely grateful for the support and encouragement I received from my team members.
Productive in assisting customers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Athens, ALJune 9, 2015
Pros: Day to day challage of the customer needs
Cons: No heath benefits
Answering multiple phone lines, account payable, clerical, bookkeeping, quoting insurance, basic computer skills, word, excel,
Summary of a typical day.
Property Claim Specialist II Multi-Line/Phone (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 9, 2015
Pros: I enjoy the staff I work with.
Cons: The office is closing at the end of the year.
Handling multi-line property claims through independent adjuster and staff assignment. Policy/coverage analysis, Xactware usage, and correct estimating practices are daily operations. I also assist in officewide IT operations and help train lesser experienced employees with claims procedures and policies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company

Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells – Read more

Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Salaries