Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,427 reviews matching the search
They have been a good company to work for, and have provided me a lot of opportunities for advancement.
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 26, 2017
Good people, and a company that cares about its employees. Tuition reimbursement is a great perk, and the other benefits are decent besides. Sometimes IT initiatives can feel a bit directionless, but things seem to always work out in the end.
Very stressful and demanding
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 26, 2017
As a claims adjuster it was very fast paced always moving always something to do. If you don't take your work home with you it can be a lot of fun, but very sink or swim.
Pros
Lots of amazing coworkers
Cons
Stress
Depending on your position you can go far here.
Non-Injury Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 26, 2017
I work from 8-430 everyday. However, I am salary so we are required to work anything that comes in during our business hours regardless how late we are here.
Run
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 26, 2017
this was by far the worst job i ever had with the worst pay and the worst equipment. managment is lacking in all areas of there job. its a toxic enviorment
Cons
everything about this company
Unpleasant workplace
PLPL Processor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 24, 2017
I was constantly terrified for my job and went from voluntary to mandatory overtime with no warning. Management constantly changed the rules. I was told I would be able to promote, but was put off for years until they told me there would be no more promotions. Would never recommend.
Nationwide Insurance Review
Non-Injury Liability Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 23, 2017
Amazing overall job culture and ability for advancement. Management was strong and they cared about you as a person as well as an employee. There are amazing opportunities to move within the company and it is something they encourage.
This was a private branch of nationwide and the owner/operator was not very organized at all.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 23, 2017
This particular building was smaller with only 2 other employees including the owner. The owner went behind customers backs and applied certain coverage's to their accounts without permission. I do not recommend this company for insurance.
Ok to work at
Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 20, 2017
Nice place to work. Very numbers oriented company. Company is very 'top heavy' with numerous directors, vice-presidents, etc. Pay increases are just ok.
Fun work place
Senior Analyst, Customer Response & Resolution (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work at. Nationwide allows you to be yourself and takes pride and helping you developed into your career. The upper management are very down to earth and will speak to you no matter what your title is.
Fun and productive place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2017
Innovative and ever evolving to meet the demands of the customers. Strives to provide products to meet the needs of the customer and relies on the employees to work together to deliver.
Helping others
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 19, 2017
A typical day includes inspecting vehicles that have been involved in accidents, explaining to customers the repair process, being sympathetic to their concerns. Treat each claim on its own merits. Answering phone calls and emails from internal and external customers. Controlling rental days based on repair estimates and process of repairs with body shops. Obtain value of vehicles in the event they are not repairable.
Pros
excellent benefits, outside, meeting a variety of people
Cons
seldom get lunch break, extended territory with not much work/life balance
Work depends on the day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 19, 2017
The work isn't complicated, the office you work at makes a difference on how your day will go. customers are your biggest worry, the way they act towards you is the hardest part about working there.
GENERAL LIABILITY ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 19, 2017
Poor health coverage but everything else is awesome, you have total autonomy. I worked in Worcester, MA and you get a key t come and go as you need, there is no baby sitting.
Pros
benefits and work / life balance
Cons
pay is low, benefits are not too godd especially the health insurance
Only employed for a short time
Commercial Lines Territorial Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDJuly 19, 2017
I worked briefly for Harleysville when the company was going through a lengthy period of re-underwriting. Due to concerns about the company's AM Best rating, I decided to leave the company for a better opportunity.
Supportive Team members
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJuly 18, 2017
Always helpful and willing to assist. Initially the job is a self train position, is what I concluded because I had very little support with training.
Good place for the most part
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with the company as a sales agent. pay, management and work culture were all fair. I was with the company for 3 years and had no issues.
Pros
Nice work location, pay
Cons
Health plan, commission set up
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
Never gave me any problems, wish i could've worked there longer. I would come in early, handle customers, and clock out. Overall, I would do it again if I had the chance.
Good Place to Start Out
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 17, 2017
Generally good company to work for. Executive Management and Directors have had issues coming up with a decent strategy for the company. Relaxed atmosphere, good opportunities for advancement.
Worked here in College
Insurance Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 14, 2017
Nice place to ease into a sales role and learn some account management skills. If you put in the work you can make a very good salary. It takes a little while to build your book of business, but if you are willing to grind you will be just fine.
Nationwide is the worst company to work for.
Claims Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2017
This place was nick named "gossip central." Very uncomfortable atmosphere, unprofessional supervisors and managers who harass and judge you, favoritism determines promotion, additional work load thrown at you without any compensation, benefits are expensive, very little annual increase and no ability to adjust your schedule if needed for school or any other reason. Don't even think about being outspoken here, you'll be frowned upon and looked at as having a bad attitude if you disagree with anything. Expect to fall into depression and experience severe anxiety and stress if you choose to work here.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval