Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company

Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Employee Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
Claims Medical Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 28, 2015
Enjoy working with supportive associates. Salary incentives could be better based on other carriers in the area. Company is very engaged with associates.
Great learning opportunity
Lean Application Maintenance Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2015
Highly balanced work and life
Result-oriented culture
The entire team is smart and diligent
Learned a lot in IT process improvement
Heavy work load, little manager direction
Claims Adjuster, Specialty MD (Current Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good pay, flexible hours
Cons: Management direction and work load
Being in a department that is quickly growing, high levels are expected during busy seasons, however, management lacks the ability to staff the appropriate number of associates year after year. Associates are expected to effectively and accurately handle claims in all 48 states because teams are not divided up into regions. This doesn't work. Coworkers are great and hardworking people.
Material Damage Associate (Former Employee), Monroeville, INAugust 27, 2015
Great employees. Moving to a centralized model in claims. They are continuing to consolidate offices. They have lost some great employees in the process.
Revolving Door
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio TxAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Job stability
Cons: ability to promote
Overall the operation was run successfully. I would have liked a more genuine approach to self develop and provided more opportunity to advance in my career. I felt overall that the operation was built on a more "its who you know" rather than the performance of the associate and the passion one would display.
Nationwide is gone out hee
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORAugust 21, 2015
Nationwide has closed it's doors out here so it is no longer an option for working. Not much opportunity out here anymore and they are now located in a small town in Ohio.
Great Team to work with
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
• Wrote Test Cases for EDW - Data ware house (Source to Target) and Cognos Standard Reports, OLAP and CUBE.
• Conducted Test plan reviews, Test case reviews.
• Worked on traceability matrix to map Test cases against Requirements using Quality Center.
• Validated ETL DW load statistics and Data mart Loads on an Ongoing Basis
• Validated Source - Target mappings applying various transformation rules and Business Rules.
• Validated Data ware house DB2 tables using DB2 Visualizer
• Executed manual testing for the prepared test cases, recorded the results and analyzed the results.
• Manually wrote SQL queries to check the integrity of data.
• Constantly tested SQL for joins and contexts for new object creation. Using Rapid SQL conducted functional testing in the SQL of existing objects.
Professional organization with road map for sucess
P&C Product Manager (Current Employee), harrisburg, PAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: salary, benefits, career advancement
Cons: large organization with centralized operations
Mutual company with primary objective of protecting members' needs. In my 16 years I've had ample opportunity to grow, develop, and advance my career.
Great working enviroment
Associate Agent (Former Employee), Glenville, WVAugust 18, 2015
This was a great place for employment. There were many opportunities to further your skills and for a future with Nationwide.
Productive, very fun workplace, flexible, professional and great co-workers
Office Administrator / Customer Service (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Amazing management, long breaks
Cons: There were no cons
This job was very flexible and beneficial. This job consisted of many applicants, however I was lucky enough to get the job here. It was some of the best co workers and manager. They were very understanding and we all worked like a family. It was not your traditional office environment, everyone was very enthusiastic and had a great sense of humor. I have learned a lot at this job from doing deposits to managing my time and being productive. I loved the fact that this job had some great management and made sure the employees were all involved in certain events. They made sure we not only worked hard but had a good time doing so.
Very fun to work at
Analyst, Internal Sales & Service (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Lunch outings, team outings
Cons: Healthcare is very expensive
Everyone is very nice and professional. I rally feel like I have a work family here! I'm glad I'm given opportunities to grow with Nationwide.
A good place to work, good benefits. Good associates.
Md claims adjuster (Former Employee), Dublin, OHAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Benefits, 401K
Cons: Management can be improved in some areas
A good place to work with good benefits and 401K. Opportunity to grow and move up. A lot of associates to interact with. Management sometimes is not the best.
Okay work environment
Small Market Underwriter (Current Employee), Mt. Laurel, NJAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Change in management from Harleysville to Nationwide
Cons: Health Benefit are horrible compared to other large companies, lower pay
Nationwide bought out Harleysville Insurance group and that is a good thing. But with such an acquisition jobs will be lost. The work environment is decent the pay a little lower than other comparable companies. The health be fits are horrible compared to other insurance companies.
Fun and productive workplace
Member Care Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2015
I love my job here and the people are great and full of energy. I enjoy the volunteering i do and the constant rewards i get from doing well at work.
Administrative Service Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 13, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: needed to be mobile to move up in the company
Customer focused job. Interesting work and opportunities. I loved the team environment and the people I worked with. Would do this job again in a heartbeat.
Marketing & Office Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Great Boss
Cons: Having to leave
It was an awesome soliciting opportunity where my communication skills were homed in. Unfortunately my supervisor is no longer with us why that site and position is also no longer.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 12, 2015
Overall a great company to work for with excellent opportnities for advancement. Diveristy and inclusion, we have fun at work and everyone is helpful when it comes to your career path.
Nationwide
Senior Sales Agent (Current Employee), Poquoson, VAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Quarterly Bonus, Monthly Bonus
90% of sales are performed over the phone. I have a lot of respect for Nationwide Insurance. Supportive customer service team was always there to assist when being new to the company.
An amazing place to work with people who care about your success.
Bilingual Claims CSR (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Two paid 15 minutes breaks, schedule flexibility, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and great leadership.
Cons: Parking for afternoon and night associates are terrible, vending machines are always taking your money, and the cleaning staff is extremely loud.
I worked at Nationwide for a little over two years. It was a wonderful experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I had great leaders who cared about my development and success. On top of having great leaders, I had phenomenal co workers that always made my day a little brighter. Having a best friend at work is so important in order to be productive and grow professionally, and I had that. Nationwide is a company that is family and friend focused, and not many companies like that anymore. It is a place that welcomes diversity and pushes for inclusion. They support all of their associates and clients, and value each and everyone of them. I can go on and on about how great Nationwide is, but you will just have to see for yourself. Go on and apply. You won't regret it if you get a job offer!
The most enjoyable part of my job
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Upstate South CarolinaAugust 10, 2015
Pros: We do the right thing
Cons: We are perfectly staffed and therefore sometimes short staffed in the event of a sudden disaster.
I enjoy helping others in time of need. In the duration of my career I have witnessed the rebuilding of homes post a disaster.
Nationwide Insurance has always done the right thing to aid in the post events of an incident.
I am proud to have begun my career with this company. I would recommend Nationwide as a place of employment to anyone seeking a career that makes a difference.
Headquarters