Nationwide Studios Employee Reviews

Terrible Company!
Photographer/Portrait Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 29, 2017
Very unorganized leadership, they never told me information until it was almost too late. The trainer was VERY unprofessional. The pay was absurdly low, averaged to $8/hr with 14 hour days. I was repeatedly given incorrect information which made me look bad on the job. You are alone basically all day and they expect you to wait around in the middle of the day between shifts. They require you to drive 1+hr each way and provide no compensation. Don't waste your time with this company.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, unprofessional leadership
position was almost like working for yourself
Sales Consultant for Teddy Bear Portraits (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 27, 2017
varied schedule and was able to do some work from home. Hardest part of job was amount of work that had to be done on Friday's to get shipped out on Saturday
Cubical work
Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJanuary 5, 2017
I organized, sorted, and ensured our product was inserted properly into packaging. I worked with different approaches and software systems to keep organized.
Pros
Great co-workers and supervisor!
Cons
Would find out daily the time we would get off work, sometimes 4:30, sometimes 7pm.
great independent working environment
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 17, 2016
I enjoyed the ability to be able to work independently as well as a team member. I was able to advance as a photographer as well as becoming comfortable with speaking to clients on a one on one basis.
Pros
Travel reimbursement
Cons
health care, poor benifits
very nice environment to work in
optimization imaging (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 6, 2016
good people to work for..very fair and honest..they were always having dinner parties for holidays and special occasions..seemed to honestly care about their employees
Pros
worked at your own pace, management didn't stress you at all
Cons
N/a
bad business practices.
former book, shoot, pass (Former Employee) –  South louisianaJuly 4, 2016
I see the review for former Louisiana employee, and how satisfied she/he was. Well I'm a former employee in Louisiana and I promise you no one has left this area and been a happy sorry to go employee the Louisiana management has a lot to be desired, so when.you interview with company ask lots of question about problems company is having, about how much money is to be made. If the answer is company is solid and the money is good... Run
Pros
none, you work hours and travel with no expwnse
Cons
a dying conpany
Great Hours
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 27, 2016
With this company you are able to spend lots of time with your loved ones . Your work day only consists of 3-6 hours. Job is solely commission that can be the only down fall at times but you usually range from about $100 to $400 per day so what you make an hour is outstanding if you break it down.
Fun portrait taking
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LouisianaApril 1, 2016
Travel to different day cares then set up equipment to take portraits. Playing with the toddlers and getting them to smile would have to be the fun part. Traveling would be the hardest at times because of the distance. Working with daycare directors and parents with sales was a plus because selling my artwork was very easy. When taking pictures I don"t stop snapping until there is a picture that I am pleased with. No matter the time.
Pros
Being a kid agaim
Cons
Distance in travel at times
Productive, outside sales
Area Booker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2016
While the company has switched hands, Teddybear still remains a strong leader in school photography. There are benefits and pay is commission only but the people are super friendly, the work is fast paced, and some positions allow you the opportunity to make your own schedule. Management is helpful, knowledgable, and always accepts employees ideas.
Pros
Makes own hours, weekends off, contests
Cons
A lot of driving
100% commission, new management
photographer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 5, 2016
With the new ownership of the company, I found it very hard to maintain my desired pay as in years previous.
Due to the failures of the new software and lack of customer service, sales were down and many accounts jumped ship.
Pros
Had weekends off
Cons
15 hour days
#1 in Customer Service
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 29, 2015
Under previous ownership was one of the best companies in the business. Still has some of the best photographers, managers and sales people around making it work.
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor Gift Department (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 30, 2015
Well its was a fun place to work, learned a lot on the jobs, management was fine it had its up and downs, the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside of my colleagues. the hardest part was knowing that it closed production down.
Pros
free pictures every year
Cons
healthcare
Productive company
Territory Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 1, 2015
There a good company with great training. Had great team work and was always there when you have questions. Great group of people to work with.
Pros
Great training
Cons
commission
Depressing and repetitive.
Image Editor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNFebruary 27, 2015
Very cliquey. Lots of talking behind each other's backs. No benefits. Very depressing place to work. Everyone hates their jobs and is not scared to admit it. You will spend more time in a dimly lit office in a room full of people who hate your very existence than you will at home. All you do as an image editor is drag a box. The pay is nice, though. That's the only redeeming quality.
Great company with long standing employee's
Account Rep/Portrait Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2014
I am so happy to be working for Nationwide Studios. I feel that this company will truely do anything to help me succeed. I am very lucky to have been choosen for this position and I am learning and growing everyday.
Pros
Confrences 1 to 2 times a year
Cons
Driving alot
Does not offer Financial Security
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2013
The compensation is beneath the level of work/services provided. "A means to end," best said.
Cons
Travel, Compensation
Loved what I did
Field Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNSeptember 9, 2012
people were great to work for, the company very family oriented, long hours, worked with children and their parents. Loved the work, hardest were the hours at times.
Pros
loved the job
Cons
pay, commission, summer very few jobs, very hard
Fun and Creative
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 30, 2012
Worked on a computer checking school photos for quality and edited if necessary.
Pros
working on computers and with photo editing, which i enjoy doing in spare time.
Cons
i was hired only as a temp and cant seem to get back on.
Great Job. Loved the Hours and the Job.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 7, 2012
I would take pictures in the morning. And sell my pictures in the afternoon. I learned all aspects of the photo business. I loved working with the kids and the reward of seeing my work.
Pros
job as a whole.
Cons
no insurance or or benifits. needed at time of leaving.
Very busy
Photographer / Sales / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 2, 2012
Over all a amazing place to work with Good pay
usualy starts at 8am
photoshoot 40-100 kids
end at 12
start agin at 3 for sales
paper work ends at 12

over a 12 hours day when its busy season
Pros
gas pay traveling
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Studios. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9