Nationwide Vision Employee Reviews

Occasional nice coworkers, Bad Management and overall work culture.
Optometric Technician (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZAugust 14, 2017
Management will gossip, hold grudges and doesn't care about any issues (such as bugs or broken AC). Will make you "relocate or quit", doesn't have your back.
Pros
Occasional nice coworkers that can make it bearable
Cons
Bad management, Rude customers
great job offer
Tech/Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 20, 2017
I learned many things from this job. I learned how to use my skills of customer service. As well as work on my communication skills. I learned how to answer many phones at the same time.
An okay company, with poor management, but cool employees.
Assistant Manager/Optician (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 12, 2017
The company worries only about money like most places. A typical work day includes checking in patients, getting them pretested and back with the doctor, and then helping them pick out glasses. Management is poor and comes and goes. Most stores have exceptional employees that keep the business going.
I enjoyed everthing I did and was taught.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, Glendale, Goodyear, Sun City.July 6, 2017
Working there was great, the things I learned were worth the experience. The management and supervisors were good and through. People and customers were ordinary and fun.
Pros
People. employees, and management
Cons
Not enough coverage at the locations.
Upper management was awful
Optometrist Tech/PSR (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 30, 2017
Upper management was awful, but loved the store I worked at. I would recommend job to friends and family just not in my district.
I learned how to obtain insurance benefits and get approval. It was an easy job once you learned.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
pay
productive and fun
Optometrist technician/administrative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 24, 2017
management was not professional but the co workers were great and helpful. the Dr was helpful and very informative. enviroment was great
Clicky environment
Collections (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 23, 2017
If you're not in with the click then consider yourself ignored and singled out, this includes mgmt. Job is difficult due to poor software and glitches are overwhelming. System issues makes work more manual and time consuming than anything. Met a handful of nice people.
Pros
Flex schedule. Some nice people
Cons
Mgmt too busy circling looking for reasons to stir the pot!
awesome work place with great people real family environment
lab tech/closing edger (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 16, 2016
Start my day with getting a feel for the work load and the going to help moving along then get set on my edging station and move the work through while communicating with coworkers and management.When we achieved or exceeded our goals for the day we would shut down and clean the machines then prepare work for the next day.
Pros
fast work pace made for time fly by
Cons
lab was closed down.
Bad
Assistant Store Manager (optician) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2016
This company does not take care of their workers. There are little to no raises, Their 401k and health insurance is also a joke, as well as promoting the wrong people. If you want time off then good luck getting it.
great environment to work
Vision Technician (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZ 85086September 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for Nationwide Vision.I learned a lot of things in a very short time there. The staff was amazing. was very sorry to leave.
Pros
discount on glasses
Cons
heath care not to great
Patients
Optician/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 30, 2016
I do what i do every day for my patients i absolutely love coming in and helping them everyday. I also enjoy the people i work for and have always had a really great relationship with the people above me. I have traveled many years picking up expierence from the staff that have been in this industry for as long as i have been alive.
Pros
Staff, Customers, Doctors
Cons
Very short staffed, minimal raises
nationwide vision is a great starter position
Optician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2016
its a very fast passed environment calling insurances and collecting the correct insurance info and authorization. i learned how to obtain insurances auths and paying very close attention to detail.
Pros
you get paid. and you work with people in helping them see better.
Cons
not enough time for life activities. could pay more and you barley get a annual review.
Diverse employment, semi supportive management. Less concerned with employee growth.
insurance biller (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 20, 2015
Insurance billing. I learned a lot. Co-workers in general are supportive. Management is mostly concerned with bringing in money and don't seem to care if staff is able to handle work loads. Training is minimal, most often its flying by the seat of your pants. Computer system is easy to learn.
Great work enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 27, 2015
management needs to change lack of communication threw the whole store no team management. would consider the customer service to change very poorly.
Pros
lean new things while working there
Cons
lack of mangement
ok place
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 5, 2015
a lot of work so your never bored. strict and unprepared management. depending on the job they provide training. there is a lot of management.i love my co workers. A lot of work to be done.
Pros
work with yo in many ways
Cons
to strict
Enjoyed the client interaction
Receptionist/ Technician/ Sales (Former Employee) –  10645 N Tatum Blvd Phoenix,AZ 85028April 29, 2015
My day began with setting up for the days appointments,verifying insurance.Checking on new appointments,Putting away orders that had arrived for pick up.Making reminder calls.Checking in patients.
Pros
Nice cliental
Cons
Management always changing.
small work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2014
Frustration is always in my typical day.the lab is usually the place where the frustration begins. they "mis-place / never recived alot of orders you will never know until its to lat the break alot of patient personal frame that are used. We tell patients 7-14 working days i have seen orders take 3x's that amount of time. the product/frame selection is horrible.we are considered a "boutique office" but the highest end frame we carry are rayban oakley and maui jim. there are some others like candies, bongo, tory burch, kate spade, juicy couture maybe 3 d+g frame if your luck to come in when we have them and dont get excited all of our frame selections are at least 2-3 collection ago its never the NEW COLLECTION OR HIGH END i send alot of patients away either we dont have what brand the want or there customers own frame is worth more than $200.00 so our lab wont touch as well as outside drill mounts. Alot of the employees are 'new' in the field with little to minimal experience and are allowd to sale lens and frame not knowing anything about the product or how to use a lensometer they just want commission multifocal remake are out of controll just because the patient was not fitted properly or just plainly not educated on what they need. i love my job and take it seriously and to see that they will let any person come in and sell eyewear is very scary to me. we were bought out in october of 2013 and its been down hill since they let go alot of corporate employees that have been with the company 15+ years.....Payroll is a joke COMMISSION are never right on you paystub they do deductions  more... when ever they feel but if you question anything on ur paystub your ignored even when all recipts are kept and and verified that your commission is wrong they will never correct it and if the do its not the full amount... example a pt i helped over three yrs ago ins was just billed in last year and the pt was not elig. for frame at time of service and deduction of that commission came out of a check from last year for a sale i did over 3 years ago????, they also have changed that tax structure for bonus with out letting employees know ..... sketchy policies and no real answers to any of your questions hr or corporate gets back to you days later. They frown upon ot but want you see anyone who comes in or calls same day, Last but not least the dr are all great but do exams completly diffrent its a joke to say we are a company but all 70+ store run extreemly diffrent from each other and its not fair to our shrinking customer base. i have heard with my own ears district manager talk about how they expect certine employees to fail and comment on how long it will take them to do so and there is alot of favoritism and just a lack of pride all together  less
Pros
the help with abo/ncle credits
Cons
short/no breaks sometimes and 8 times out of 10 your pay will be incorrect
liked the people i worked with
Front Desk Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
Employees would show up late a lot of the time. Managers dont know how to manage.
Pros
working with food
Cons
staff
A typical day at Nationwide Vision
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anthem, AZMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work would begin with making sure all the insurances our pulled and entered into our system for the day. Then patients start coming in so I take care of having them fill out paperwork and then opening exams for them. I then take them back to our optical tech. In between all of that I being checking on insurances for the next day, taking care of walkin patients, and answering phones. I often dispense glasses to patients and make sure they fit well and do any adjustments as needed. I also need to check the office emails regularly for any important memos and make sure everyone reads them, also ordering contacts as needed and making sure all patients are confirmed for the next day. I've learned a lot about insurances through this job, as well as time management skills.
Pros
Small office, close to where I live, flexible schedule
Cons
Management, healthcare, advancement in company
Productive work at your own pace.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 30, 2013
Collect all medical files that would be needed for next day appointments, file and check in file that have already been used. Appointment setter and verfied insurance information.