Nationwide Vision Employee Reviews

Patients
Optician/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 30, 2016
I do what i do every day for my patients i absolutely love coming in and helping them everyday. I also enjoy the people i work for and have always had a really great relationship with the people above me. I have traveled many years picking up expierence from the staff that have been in this industry for as long as i have been alive.
Pros
Staff, Customers, Doctors
Cons
Very short staffed, minimal raises
nationwide vision is a great starter position
Optician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2016
its a very fast passed environment calling insurances and collecting the correct insurance info and authorization. i learned how to obtain insurances auths and paying very close attention to detail.
Pros
you get paid. and you work with people in helping them see better.
Cons
not enough time for life activities. could pay more and you barley get a annual review.
Diverse employment, semi supportive management. Less concerned with employee growth.
insurance biller (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 20, 2015
Insurance billing. I learned a lot. Co-workers in general are supportive. Management is mostly concerned with bringing in money and don't seem to care if staff is able to handle work loads. Training is minimal, most often its flying by the seat of your pants. Computer system is easy to learn.
Enjoyed the client interaction
Receptionist/ Technician/ Sales (Former Employee) –  10645 N Tatum Blvd Phoenix,AZ 85028April 29, 2015
My day began with setting up for the days appointments,verifying insurance.Checking on new appointments,Putting away orders that had arrived for pick up.Making reminder calls.Checking in patients.
Pros
Nice cliental
Cons
Management always changing.
Great work enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMay 27, 2015
management needs to change lack of communication threw the whole store no team management. would consider the customer service to change very poorly.
Pros
lean new things while working there
Cons
lack of mangement
ok place
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 5, 2015
a lot of work so your never bored. strict and unprepared management. depending on the job they provide training. there is a lot of management.i love my co workers. A lot of work to be done.
Pros
work with yo in many ways
Cons
to strict
It was fun working with Nationwide Vision.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZFebruary 6, 2013
It was fun working with Nationwide Vision. We schedule patients and process them through as they come. I learned so much working with Nationwide Vision. I enjoyed my co-workers, we all worked as a team. The hardest part with the job was making sure that the money balanced at the end of the day.
Pros
great place to work at.
A typical day at Nationwide Vision
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anthem, AZMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work would begin with making sure all the insurances our pulled and entered into our system for the day. Then patients start coming in so I take care of having them fill out paperwork and then opening exams for them. I then take them back to our optical tech. In between all of that I being checking on insurances for the next day, taking care of walkin patients, and answering phones. I often dispense glasses to patients and make sure they fit well and do any adjustments as needed. I also need to check the office emails regularly for any important memos and make sure everyone reads them, also ordering contacts as needed and making sure all patients are confirmed for the next day. I've learned a lot about insurances through this job, as well as time management skills.
Pros
small office, close to where i live, flexible schedule
Cons
management, healthcare, advancement in company
Smaller company that continues to grow
Jr. Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 30, 2013
The work environment was not comfortable, there was no privacy, and management was unsure of the tasks needed to be completed daily by my position.
Pros
flexible
Cons
benefits and pay were not appealing
Productive work at your own pace.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 30, 2013
Collect all medical files that would be needed for next day appointments, file and check in file that have already been used. Appointment setter and verfied insurance information.
Great 4 years
Second Assistant Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PhoenixFebruary 21, 2013
I really enjoyed my day to day work with patients. I became very knowledgable of the optics world. Also I gained experince in sales, management, and medical insurance plans.
liked the people i worked with
Front Desk Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2014
Employees would show up late a lot of the time. Managers dont know how to manage.
Pros
working with food
Cons
staff
customer service was great
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2012
Learing the termnalogy of eye care was fasinating, friendly staff great management
Pros
customer service
Cons
pay
Diverse environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 9, 2013
Enjoyed my time there. I learned about differences in office culture.
Pros
no night shifts
benefits
Optician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2012
I would rather talk in person about my previous employeers.
Cons
management
small work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2014
Frustration is always in my typical day.the lab is usually the place where the frustration begins. they "mis-place / never recived alot of orders you will never know until its to lat the break alot of patient personal frame that are used. We tell patients 7-14 working days i have seen orders take 3x's that amount of time. the product/frame selection is horrible.we are considered a "boutique office" but the highest end frame we carry are rayban oakley and maui jim. there are some others like candies, bongo, tory burch, kate spade, juicy couture maybe 3 d+g frame if your luck to come in when we have them and dont get excited all of our frame selections are at least 2-3 collection ago its never the NEW COLLECTION OR HIGH END i send alot of patients away either we dont have what brand the want or there customers own frame is worth more than $200.00 so our lab wont touch as well as outside drill mounts. Alot of the employees are 'new' in the field with little to minimal experience and are allowd to sale lens and frame not knowing anything about the product or how to use a lensometer they just want commission multifocal remake are out of controll just because the patient was not fitted properly or just plainly not educated on what they need. i love my job and take it seriously and to see that they will let any person come in and sell eyewear is very scary to me. we were bought out in october of 2013 and its been down hill since they let go alot of corporate employees that have been with the company 15+ years.....Payroll is a joke COMMISSION are never right on you paystub they do deductions  more... when ever they feel but if you question anything on ur paystub your ignored even when all recipts are kept and and verified that your commission is wrong they will never correct it and if the do its not the full amount... example a pt i helped over three yrs ago ins was just billed in last year and the pt was not elig. for frame at time of service and deduction of that commission came out of a check from last year for a sale i did over 3 years ago????, they also have changed that tax structure for bonus with out letting employees know ..... sketchy policies and no real answers to any of your questions hr or corporate gets back to you days later. They frown upon ot but want you see anyone who comes in or calls same day, Last but not least the dr are all great but do exams completly diffrent its a joke to say we are a company but all 70+ store run extreemly diffrent from each other and its not fair to our shrinking customer base. i have heard with my own ears district manager talk about how they expect certine employees to fail and comment on how long it will take them to do so and there is alot of favoritism and just a lack of pride all together  less
Pros
the help with abo/ncle credits
Cons
short/no breaks sometimes and 8 times out of 10 your pay will be incorrect

2.6