Native Roots Employee Reviews

Labor-filled job
Cure Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2017
Love working around the product. Long hours, and a lot of responsibility. Learned how to cure, package, trim, and harvest product. Learned compliance standards. Hardest part of the job is the long hours, and the product can effect your health negatively. The most enjoyable part of my job is the product.
Great company. Managed well except for the grow.
Head Grower (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 1, 2017
The company is managed well until you meet the Main Head Grower. His incompetence is bringing the company down. All other departments are managed very well. I had a great time working for them until Jason took charge.
Pros
Lots of parties
Cons
poorly managed
Productive workplace, plenty of room for new jobs and advancement
Cure Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2017
Industry leader in the United States, sets the standard for the country, model business, very experimental in order to set proper procedure in place, the best benefits package seen in any industry.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, team building exercises in and outside of work, company safety training and educational classes
Cons
Procedures for chemical handling not properly in place
Organized and Fast Paced
Assistant Manager/Medical Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagle-Vail, COSeptember 9, 2017
Absolutely love this company. They are the leading company in Colorado currently when it comes to medical marijuana. They treat their employees with respect and always keep morale very high.
Tourists grow job.
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 10, 2017
Sadly the company promotes the worst candidates they can into management positions. Some of the people they have moved into management positions would be better of running the salad bar at Country Buffet. You move up in the company based on who your friends are. If you plan to work here and have hard work and passion help you get promoted good luck. To many dirty wooks and people stabbing one another in the back to get ahead. My manager constantly lied to me and my entire team of coworkers on a regular basis. I was told fake it until you make it from one of the building leads. By far one of the most amazing buildings I’ve ever worked in for growing Cannabis indoors. Management sucks.
Pros
Ping pong
Cons
Dirty wooks
Long way to go
Post Harvest Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2017
Rampant with nepotism, abuse and disrespect. The quality of the plants are poor. Competitive environment where there needs to be more synergy. And I don't feel like I can trust what anyone says and be truthful myself with out it risking my position.
Pros
The pay and schedule
Cons
Poor work environment, poor quality of products, expensive benefits in an industry that makes millions
Good company, a fun environment
Extractor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2017
I was able to be one of the first people to use the ETS Mep in the country and learned a lot from the whole experience. We are a production facility and we produced more than most in the country. Quantity with quality.
Favoritism and lying runs rampant
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
While working for this company I absolutely loved the benefits and pay. However, it did not outweigh the fact that every day I went in for my shift it felt like I was entering high school. Management is extremely unprofessional and mingles inappropriately with their subordinates after work (if you catch my drift). It seems as though everyone is sleeping with everyone causing rumors and talk that is inappropriate for the workplace. Lying and pushing people under the bus to get ahead seems to be the only way to advance in this company. 10/10 would not return.
Pros
Benefits, Pay
Cons
unprofessional, unorganized, immature
Tough work/life balance!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 11, 2017
A changeling work/life balance if you have a family! I took a lot of skill sets from this company. Overall an OK experience working for them, best part is that I got to meet a lot of wonderful people along the way!
Pros
Fun, young company!
Cons
Long hours, Lack of Communitacation!
repetitive
Trimmer/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80204June 21, 2017
This job was okay. I didn't like the fact that it was so repetitive. I tend to like at least a little challenge and this job didn't offer any. Pay was great and that was the only benefit.
Fun and creative retail environment
Budtender (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 14, 2017
This being my first industry job, I didn't really know what to expect when I started. Native Roots provided thorough training on our products, compliance, and the approved sales process right off the bat. I felt that I was given the tools to succeed through corporate training, and that notion was reinforced with several days of shadow training in store. I've had nothing but positive experiences with management and coworkers since I started a few months ago. We have a lot of fun as a team and we're all passionate about what we do. Native Roots definitely knows how to throw a party! The corporate holiday party was CLUTCH. I recommend this company for anyone new to the industry, especially on the retail side. It seems like the company tries to fill higher up positions from within, so from my perspective, it seems like one could make a career in this company pretty easily if they really wanted it.
Pros
Company outings/parties, great employee discounts, flexible scheduling
Cons
Half hour lunch; sometimes can't get our 10 minute breaks if it's busy
Great company culture
Marketing/Operations Internship (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2017
Native Roots has a budding corporate culture that is very welcoming. Great place to work with flexible hours. However, job security is not something that is guaranteed.
Great people terrible managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 31, 2017
Enjoyed what time I could get at gas and grass.
I liked providing service for the neighborhood.
The only bad thing was the management.
Things could've been dealt with better.
Plus they let a lot of us go which is a bummer.
Pros
Some benefits and decent pay.
Cons
Very boring due to lack of store traffic and very bad management
unorganized and confused
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2017
never organized with anything they do, i was provided maybe a week of training by someone that had no prior experience in training and no management skills. i had to google just about every issue i ran into because my trainer would get so mad when i asked questions, i was supposed to be working up to 55 hours a week, i ended up working 60 to 67 hours a week with no extra compensation or recognition.. this company is still learning how to be a company and have a long way to go, they should start with being honest.
Great experience, just not what I am looking for.
Lead Budtender (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 30, 2016
Native is an interesting place to work. The store had a very high volume which kept the work from being monotonous. Unfortunately, there isn't much room for growth from the retail level to upper management. However, if you're seeking a retail management position, that seems to be attainable.
Incredible experience with amazing people
Budtender (Former Employee) –  Frisco, CODecember 20, 2016
I was hired here because I was a frequent customer and I expressed my desire to be in the cannabis industry. If I did not have to relocate out of the area, I would without a doubt still be devoting every ounce of energy into making Native Roots an even better place for customers and staff alike. They gave me the knowledge and confidence to keep pursing what I love.
Productive work enviroment
Inventory Compliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2016
High paced environment, fun people with good attitudes. Flexible schedule. Room to grow. Allows for the personal and professinal growth of the employees.
Pros
Company Outings
Cons
cramped spaces
Corporate Weed At It's Finest
Horticulturist (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 9, 2016
This company can provide you with a good foot in the door in the cannabis industry. However, they are a big corporation and care about one thing mostly: maximizing profits. Sustainability and bud quality are mostly compromised because Native Roots runs big operations. If you work at the bigger grow, it's more structured and is pretty good in terms of time off (three days a week off). But you work 4 ten-hour shifts every week. It's hard to become a manager unless you are a favorite of the other managers.
Pros
Benefits, interesting smells, cool company parties
Cons
Hard to advance, large pay differential between positions
Creative Workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 5, 2016
- raise flags, update menus and print them out
- stock
-log on to all accounts used for regular business MJ Freeway, Metric
-one on one with customers in person and over the phone
-enter data electronically and hard files
What I learned
-the importance of being VERY detailed and accurate with information input
-improved on my multitasking
- I learned the importance of being PROACTIVE and not REACTIVE to situations of ALL kinds
-the hardest part about the job was finding a balance and working efficiently
-being able to be creative and the face to face with patients is what I most enjoyed about the job
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Short breaks
Great appearance of Core Values but just a facade
Assistant District Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2016
I worked here for over a year and in the beginning it was GREAT! They really try hard to hide their corporate intentions with a mission statement that is completely false as well as trying to encourage a "family" atmosphere. The workload is immense and the changes never stop so you must be adaptable and willing to seek your soul to the company. If you are looking to get to the top and don't care how you get there or what morals you may have to compromise, this is definitely the right place!!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours, lacking support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Native Roots. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3