LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY PLEASE
This corporate level position will report to the Assistant Controller and requires the ability to prepare or review periodic financial reports including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, 8-K, proxy statements, and Section 16 filings and ensure such financial reports are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) rules, and XBRL requirements. The Financial Reporting Manager is also responsible for debt compliance reporting and technical accounting activities, including areas such as derivative accounting, impairment testing and equity based compensation accounting.
Financial Reporting Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the SEC reporting process including related XBRL requirements and communications including Earnings Releases.
- Supports Chief Financial Officer and Chief Accounting Officer’s preparations for Board of Director and Audit Committee meetings.
- Reviews investor relations presentations.
- Provides management with recommendations to ensure compliance with GAAP and SEC rules.
- Works directly with external audit team during quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Maintains equity based compensation schedules.
- Prepares and maintains schedules for accounting areas that pertain to external reporting (i.e. Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Shareholders’ equity).
- Monitors pending and newly issued pronouncements, rulings, and other authoritative documents by SEC, FASB, AICPA etc. and reviews, researches, and evaluates application to, and the impact it will have on the Partnership. Keeps management informed of the current issues.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment of customer services in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Financial Reporting Manager Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Current CPA license or in process of obtaining
- 4-7 years of accounting work, preferably a combination of public and industry
- 2-3 years of experience preparing or reviewing SEC filings
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office environment. Experience with JD Edwards or SAP preferred.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER
INCLUDING SALARY REQUIREMENTS
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER