Natividad Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good hospital
Medical Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 18, 2016
County hospital, however it isn't a typical county hospital. The staff is awesome very friendly and they see each other like a family. The doctors at every friendly and family oriented specially in the ob floors. It's a natividad family.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Short breaks when busy
Very nice and hard working people
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 12, 2015
It is a great place to work and all the employees from management on down are easy to talk to and a joy to work with. The hardest part was figuring out all the stations but it is really a great place to work.
HR Director was not very supportive
Medical Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 12, 2015
She would ask her assistant to answer any questions we had. She was never available due to her personal problems. Besides that I had a great experience with my coworkers. I learned a lot with being a float registrar I learned different types of registrations and department scheduling. Overall it was nice to be able to be able to know different departments and be able to cover sick and vacation coverage.
Pros
county benefits
Cons
management not confidential
Enjoy working there
Interim Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 16, 2015
First opportunity in working in health care and with wonderful people there as well.

Supported by a wonderful management and leadership team.

Leaving there was the hardest part of the job and moving to San Jose Ca.
Pros
Knowing you can make a different
Cons
Not knowing people who dont like change and want to bring you down
Contracts for a Medical Center
Contracts (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 23, 2015
Assist with preparation of Contract Administration using complex analytical application skills. Analyzing and extracting needed requirements for Agreements, amendments, modification, renewals, quotes, and purchase order / deliver orders using Advantage Financial. Determined prorated financial calculations and updated financial spend sheet. Researched, collected data from upper management concerning primary cost center determinations and defining accounts whether applicable to the Jt. Commission Standards. Work closely with managers and other staff within the department and the County to anticipate, obtain and provide ongoing and accurate information. Coordinate activities related to projects, programs and/or other areas being analyzed. Communicated effectively orally and in writing.
Very down to earth and super friendly staff, you can be yourself!
OR Staff (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 12, 2013
I helped out in the OR and they are off the hook, pretty loose environment. Nothing wrong with that, I just came from Stanford Medical Center where codes of conduct are pretty rigid, tattoos must be hidden, no hairstyles that dont conform to their standards, no jewelry on your face or excessive amounts of earrings etc etc etc. Here everyone treats each other like family, staff and patients super cool. Now directors from what i heard is a different story, how can i say this.....their numbers are off and may even lack experience at what they do.
Pros
great discount on lunches compared to other hospitals, holidays off!
Cons
could be ran better, they dont know how to hire the right people to make things better, hiring process too strict for what they pay
Surprisingly fabulous!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 28, 2015
Positive environment, Nurses are listened to here. Busy teaching hospital with idealistic and dedicated new doctors.
Pros
Great nurses, lots of support from management, access to medical library
Cons
In Salinas
Always give 100% at work
Patient Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 29, 2013
Clinic treated on average 2,500 patients monthly. Therefore my daily work routine was busy. My responsibilities included customer service, patient registration, data entry, eligibility authorizations, new patient referrals, referral authorizations for high risk pediactric patients. I bit disappointed in management due to the fact that there was an obvious lack of it, which for me was the hardest part of the job. Made it difficult to truly work as a whole. I was fortunate to learn about other specialties such as pediatric cardiology, hematology, podiatry, nuerology, general surgery, high risk pediatrics (just to name of few) of which included treatment, ICD-9 & DX codes for authoarizations. Worked with amazing staff both front and back. Hardest part of the job was when we were unable to help all our patients. I enjoyed every aspect of my job and the people I worked with, though managent was very poor. We all did the best we could and worked fairly well together.
Productive and fast pace
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 1, 2013
I love my job. I learned new skills and continue learning and i am putting my customer service skill to practice. My co-workers are helpful when i need help with something.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
temp job
Productive and fun work place
Volunteer Auxiliary (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 27, 2012
Natividad medical center is a good enviroment to work with any psotition. All directors and supervisor are nice and friendly.
decent workplace
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 26, 2014
some what works with your schedule
job is not always secure
a lot of communication
social life
Busy work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 9, 2014
Helpful and friendly co-workers. Educational opportunities and good management support.
Very positive enviroment to work in
Sonographer (Per-deim) (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 12, 2014
OB to general ultrasounds as schdule or from the ER or floors to do.

4.2