Natividad Medical Center Employee Reviews

Not so good
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 11, 2017
After working for NMC for a year, I have come to a very good understanding of how it operates. Working in its operating rooms can be awesome and sometimes miserable due to it's staff and surgeons. Have come to the realization that its HR department is no different.
Wonderful people
Admitting/ Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 8, 2017
Best Cafeteria food, Caring Nurses, all employees talk and work together without hesitation. Security is right on board and always alerted, Emergency Room though does take A Long Time to see and treat patients that's the Only and.Mejor problem there!!
Very interesting and dream fulfilling
Job Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 1, 2017
I currently have an interest in the medical field, I want to become a pediatrician. My experience at Natividad, enhanced my dreams into a reality, to the nurses helping each other and making families feel comfortable in the hospital setting.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
busy halls
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 28, 2017
Great Hospital to work at, good teamwork, nice friendly staff. good pay and good benefits. all around good environment I enjoyed my time there and would go back but I am not going back to that type of Nursing anymore...
Pros
Nice staff good teamwork
Cons
very very busy, multicultural must be bilingual or you will have a hard time
Great Staff and good energy
ICU RN, Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 16, 2017
Staff are willing to help and want to learn more. The hospital is into its 2nd year as a designated Level II Trauma center which is helping up the nursing knowledge level. The Trauma department is very experienced.
Pros
friendly staff, exciting time for changes and new learning
Cons
difficult system work arounds, poor Per Diem pay including, no holiday or night shift differential for PD, Staff are disempowered on the step-down unit
Per Diem
Register Nurse/Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 11, 2017
worked there only per diem; friendly group; heavy work load at times; a little clicky at times but only because I was the new kid on the block;
No opinion on management; wasn't there long enough
Fun place to work, many ways to help the community population.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 10, 2017
Great people to work with and many opportunities to learn however compensation could be better. Hospital is ever growing with recent trauma designation.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgeable staff
Cons
Compensation lacking compared to other facilities in the area.
Fun place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 26, 2016
Fun place to work due to the people who work there, downside, salary is not comparable to a trauma center, which also has a level 3 NICU. no equipment techs.
A day at Natvidad Medical Center
Director Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Salinas, Ca, 93906October 10, 2016
I enjoy the Team we have built here at NMC, this is my 4th Trauma Center and I would not change the time I have spent here. We are like a family here because we are here so much they are an extension of my family.

I know I come here and I am part of saving lives on a daily basis because I am that close with the Dr's and Nursing Manager and I would not change that for anything.
Pros
I have be in Healthcare for 36 years
Cons
Working in a Couty Hospital is a challenge because of all the politics.
Good hospital
Medical Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAMay 18, 2016
County hospital, however it isn't a typical county hospital. The staff is awesome very friendly and they see each other like a family. The doctors at every friendly and family oriented specially in the ob floors. It's a natividad family.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Short breaks when busy
Very nice and hard working people
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 12, 2015
It is a great place to work and all the employees from management on down are easy to talk to and a joy to work with. The hardest part was figuring out all the stations but it is really a great place to work.
Physician Coder (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 19, 2015
I like to organize and prioritize my work and always look at the work flow. There is always room for improvement and I gladly take that. I like working and having co-workers and that feeling of support. If I am not comfortable with any issues or I have any concerns regarding work I will bring it to managements attentions. I make sure that any changing I may have regarding my physicians that they are informed and agree with the issue. I like knowing at the end of the day that I can make a difference and I like my physicians to know that they are well taken care off.
HR Director was not very supportive
Medical Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAAugust 12, 2015
She would ask her assistant to answer any questions we had. She was never available due to her personal problems. Besides that I had a great experience with my coworkers. I learned a lot with being a float registrar I learned different types of registrations and department scheduling. Overall it was nice to be able to be able to know different departments and be able to cover sick and vacation coverage.
Pros
county benefits
Cons
management not confidential
Enjoy working there
Interim Director of Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJuly 16, 2015
First opportunity in working in health care and with wonderful people there as well.

Supported by a wonderful management and leadership team.

Leaving there was the hardest part of the job and moving to San Jose Ca.
Pros
Knowing you can make a different
Cons
Not knowing people who dont like change and want to bring you down
Contracts for a Medical Center
Contracts (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJune 23, 2015
Assist with preparation of Contract Administration using complex analytical application skills. Analyzing and extracting needed requirements for Agreements, amendments, modification, renewals, quotes, and purchase order / deliver orders using Advantage Financial. Determined prorated financial calculations and updated financial spend sheet. Researched, collected data from upper management concerning primary cost center determinations and defining accounts whether applicable to the Jt. Commission Standards. Work closely with managers and other staff within the department and the County to anticipate, obtain and provide ongoing and accurate information. Coordinate activities related to projects, programs and/or other areas being analyzed. Communicated effectively orally and in writing.
Surprisingly fabulous!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 28, 2015
Positive environment, Nurses are listened to here. Busy teaching hospital with idealistic and dedicated new doctors.
Pros
Great nurses, lots of support from management, access to medical library
Cons
In Salinas
decent workplace
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAApril 26, 2014
some what works with your schedule
job is not always secure
a lot of communication
social life
Busy work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAMarch 9, 2014
Helpful and friendly co-workers. Educational opportunities and good management support.
Very positive enviroment to work in
Sonographer (Per-deim) (Current Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 12, 2014
OB to general ultrasounds as schdule or from the ER or floors to do.
Always give 100% at work
Patient Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CADecember 29, 2013
Clinic treated on average 2,500 patients monthly. Therefore my daily work routine was busy. My responsibilities included customer service, patient registration, data entry, eligibility authorizations, new patient referrals, referral authorizations for high risk pediactric patients. I bit disappointed in management due to the fact that there was an obvious lack of it, which for me was the hardest part of the job. Made it difficult to truly work as a whole. I was fortunate to learn about other specialties such as pediatric cardiology, hematology, podiatry, nuerology, general surgery, high risk pediatrics (just to name of few) of which included treatment, ICD-9 & DX codes for authoarizations. Worked with amazing staff both front and back. Hardest part of the job was when we were unable to help all our patients. I enjoyed every aspect of my job and the people I worked with, though managent was very poor. We all did the best we could and worked fairly well together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Natividad Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Natividad Medical Center Reviews by Location