Natomas Unified School District Employee Reviews

Fun Work Place
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 28, 2017
I learned how to facilitate and manage a school while students
are present. culture was intense at times but rewarding, there was
not a hard part to the job for me. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Rewarding but the administration is disorganized
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 22, 2017
The schools I am assigned to have not been consistent. My income is consistent and the benefits are amazing. Each year you are GIVEN sick days, vacation days, personal necessity days, no-tell days, and vacation days. And, they roll-over to the next school year if you don't use them.
Pros
Benefits, fulfillment of my job, time-off, schedule, and consistent income
Cons
short lunch, back-to-back sessions, only work and get paid for 11 months
Working for varios schools
21st Floor Warden (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 3, 2017
Working for the Natomas school district was fun, rewarding to work with the children of various ages and classes. Didn't get enough hours to provide for my family
Pros
Experience working with chldren
Cons
Temporary work
Natomas School District has committed itself to a culture of continual improvement.
Technology and Computer Applications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 15, 2017
Very good school district to work for. Only suggestion/criticism at this time is that a more comprehensive approach be taken to deal with problem students. Example: the district's disciplinary approach lacks greater inclusion of parents and a higher adult to students ratios for problem students. The current disciplinary approach in many cases does not produce long term improvements in student behavior.
Pros
Good working environment, culture of continual improvement.
Cons
School Board and in some cases School Principals, are not in tune with day-to-day classroom conditions.
Great school district with diverse population and safe chool enviornment.
Instruction Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2017
I really enjoyed working in schools, with certified staff members, and diverse population of students. The school staff is very cooperative and enthusiastic. I got an opportunity to teach a group of kindergarten students about language art. During my experience, I learned professionalism, coordination between staff and parents, teachers and office staff. I also learned how to handle a critical situation and developed a problem solving skill. The best part of this job that I really enjoyed is to interact with students, teach them in a group and watch them to get succeed.
Good school district! HR is awesome!
Instructional Assistant Substitute (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 6, 2016
A good school district doing good for the students! Most days I work with great teachers that care about their students holistically and educationally. I have learned more tools in assisting SPED students. Co-workers are usually great! The hardest part is the very small number of teachers that are burnt out and lost their passion and it comes out in the way they speak to a students sometimes but this is rare. It also hard to see the blatant disrespect and defiance from middle schoolers and older elementary students. That is why we are there though to teach therm a better way and find a motivator to help them sore.
Pros
Flexibility as a sub and HR is terrific!
Cons
A couple teachers are burnt out from out of control student, but most are great!
Awesome work environment - conductive with a college student's schedule!
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2016
I love working with NUSD. The flexibility I have to work for this company and finish my education simultaneously is a blessing. Every assignment I accept is always different from the last, which I love as well. I am able to assist teachers from all grade levels and obtain experience in various avenues of the learning process.
Fun and contiunal learning atmosphere for the children and myself.
Kindergarten Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2016
The hiring Reps are the best, everyone is very cordial, help, smiling, approachable. You feel at home going into the office of the Natomas Unified School District.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
cost to have benefits
Respectable Workers
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 13, 2015
The Co-Workers are real respectable to work with and they train you the best way possible. If you have any questions or concerns about something, they are available to contact at anytime even after business hours.
Pros
You're able to accept or reject jobs
Cons
It's hard to get a permanent job in this district.
Exciting place to be at!
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 2, 2014
loved working here considering the fact that i went to school and study in Child Development .
Pros
free lunch, great working staff great teachers.
Cons
short recess
flexible work days
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 8, 2014
I like being able to accept and decline jobs as needed daily.
Children are our future
Food Services Assistant3 (Current Employee) –  Sacramento CA.September 13, 2013
Love working with children. They make job worth getting up and going to.
Leaders, Good Work Environment, Positive Work place
Health Assistant II (School Nurse) / Secretary (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 7, 2013
My typical day at work working for the Natomas Unified is that the work place is always professional and knowing exactly what is expected and to do when you come and go from the work site.
Pros
Good co-workers, Good Food, Healthy Work Place
Cons
5th
Hours depend on unstable budget
Classified staff (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 20, 2012
When working for the district, the majority of employees work in schools under the supervision/direction of principals. The disadvantage to this is you have no contact with the higher ups (district management) who control your world. Some school staff have a full-time schedule while working part-time hours. (A new twist on on champagne dreams on a beer budget.) This means no benefits for some classified staff. It's also hard for said staff when they no budget to work with. That said, teachers and principals give their all to their students.
Pros
great teachers, principals & students
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare, no full-time in current position
Productive and challenging with a diverse population.
Parent Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Two Rivers ElementaryNovember 13, 2012
This a great school district to work for or attend. Teachers are friendly and professional.
Pros
diverse student population
Productive and very satisfying
Translator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2012
I was on call, so it was really good for my home life too whiole taking care of my son.