Nautica Employee Reviews

Working at Nautica
Executive Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 5, 2017
While Nautica is a company that provides a great work life balance, since joining the company there has been a lot of turnover in upper management and the retail industry has not been doing very well. While there are a lot of external issues beyond my control, I enjoy working with my manager and department. Each day brings multiple and differing tasks which keeps the job interesting.
Pros
Work life Balance
Cons
Compensation and bonuses could be better
Good for a first job
Register Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Nautica only hires part time so it's a great second job to have for most or a first job if you are in school. As for advancement not many people stick around long enough to be even a manager so if you do well you will most likely get bumped up to register Lead if the position has a vacancy.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, easy going, employee discount on high quality apparel
Cons
Inconsistent hours(seasons change), tiny break room, only hire part time (unless management)
Great coworkers, management is poor
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 9, 2016
Gained experience in management and visual merchandising, Great coworkers, we got along very well. Advancement was pretty easy if Nautica could afford it. Work/Life balance is a bit rough but thats with any retail environment. Corporate is lazy and doesn't understand the amount of work the retail crew puts in. Pay could definitely be better. Customer is basically always right which is highly annoying because they are usually in the wrong.
amazing company culture
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2017
The employees , dedicated, talented group of people. There is passion and a desire to succeed . Being part of vf provides great benefits and a culture of social responsibility and leaders who are invested in future.
Pros
enjoyed the atmosphere, great customer range, upper management very helpful, good training
Cons
Base salary should be higher
Working in Nautica
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJDecember 20, 2016
Good job for college students and recent high school graduates.
Schedule not to flexible but manageable.
Learn to fold clothes for retail approval.
Need to be good with Customer service and have patients when dealing with foreign shoppers
Pros
Late night rearranging store
Cons
the mall isnt such a pleseant place to wprk
Productive, great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 11, 2017
I was taught by the best, so now I am one of the best sales associates a company can have. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the customer and seeing their smile when you brought them just what they were looking for.
Pros
Best customer service
Cons
There was one manager who bullied me.
Fun environment and great coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCJanuary 10, 2017
It was good environment to work in also great discounts so you can get your wardrobe. They have something for everyone in the family from newborn to adults. Whic makes the discounts even a plus so you can shop in one place.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours if you're seasonal
Very easy job nothing to hard to do when you put effort in to it.
Retail Salesman (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILOctober 6, 2016
Restocking. I learn how to manage time as I worked at the job. The co-workers were also hard workers and had no problem with helping me with something I didn't understand . There wasn't no hard part at the job when you put in effort . Opening time was my favorite time of the day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 17, 2016
Being bilingual definitely helps. Good communication skills. Ability to work with others in a fun and professional way. Handle a fast pace environment.
Pros
Fun friendly work environment. Management easy to talk to.
Cons
Break room not enough space especially if boxes or stock there.
Territory Sales
FREELANCE SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYDecember 11, 2016
Face to face interaction with clientele allows for an enjoyable experience. Travelling required to set up clothing displays at various locations while managing live models to market the merchandise.
Pros
Face to face interactions
Cons
Travel
Really kind of boring, not much work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
A typical day at work was just folding clothes that got messy or maybe helping a customer here and there. During the Christmas rush was the only busy days and a lot of times it wasn't as busy. Just really kind of a waste of time job.
God awful
Register Lead (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 15, 2016
This was hands-down the worst experience I have ever had in working retail. The store manager was consistently made my transition from sales associate to lead unbearable and consistently criticized me. I was forced to resign due to illness which I'm pretty sure she was the cause of. I have heard from my coworkers that she has gotten into trouble on the corporate level so she has been fired. I hope no one experiences the trouble and the stress that I worked under.
Ok Job for someone in High School
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLNovember 16, 2016
Not Much Room for advancement. VP regularly sent emails to all stores saying he was watching us. My store manager was awesome though. He would try his best to teach you everything and looked out for you, even if you wanted to get a job at a different company.
Outlet Clothing Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJanuary 17, 2017
-Good for Part-Time Job Seekers
-Temporary to Permanent Job Opportunities
-Fun and Free Spirited
-Reasonable Management
-Good Teamwork
-Classy Atmosphere
Pros
Shopping Discount
Cons
Tedious Responsibilities
Good Company to work for.
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake George, NYJanuary 24, 2017
The product and customers are great. Never in the store by yourself they take safety first as a norm. Nautica gave you a chance to excel at what you did.
Pros
Great Benefit Package
Cons
Communication
Nautica
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This was a great place for a learning experience with friendly staff and management! Very open with management communication and loved to hear thoughts/feedback
Pros
Long Lunch Breaks
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2016
It was great working at Nautica. The people were great and were willing to do anything they could to help. I was taught how to do register and how to handle money correctly. The rest was all of my personal experience with the customers and with the people around me. A typical day at work would just be making sales, talking about promotions and good deals we had going on throughout the day. Management was very helpful and very organized. The co-workers were all around fun people but they knew how to get stuff done. The hardest part of the job was to make a small sale. It was so much easier for me to make a big sale than a small one. The most enjoyable part about my job is the people. Millions of people walked in and out everyday and I enjoyed giving great customer service, and helping others find what they were looking for.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short Breaks
Great experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Something new to learn from. Working with other people to produce a great outcome. Interactions with many different people. Having the opportunity to work with a great company.
college job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 20, 2016
good college job. flexible schedules. low pay with not a lot of hours. Learned about sales. Learned some spanish. good experience overall
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Poor Management
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CASeptember 27, 2016
Management is unacceptable lack of communication, don't work with school schedules expect you to not go to school and have no choice, expect you to learn everything on your own, no actual training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nautica. Our community is ready to answer.