Nautica Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCJanuary 27, 2016
Working with them helped me grow as an individual. It showed me how to be a better leader and mentor. i also had an opportunity to met a lot of great people.
it was fun working with new people
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CADecember 24, 2015
what i learned is that doing retail is not that easy especially when season of holidays come ...co-workers are nice friendly never had an argument with them .. the hardest part was trine keep my areas clean but we can't say no to a costumer if they want to see a size of a shirt ..the most enjoyable was closing time everyone just helps each other to organized the clothes and maybe joke around
Pros
good lunch breaks
Cons
no lunch
Productive work place with good associates and great manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCDecember 15, 2015
A typical day for me is to interact with many customers, helping them to find specific items or giving my opinions on said items. Also, fully operated the register and cash count. Managing associates, inventory and opening/closing operations.
good job for part-time work
SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLDecember 7, 2015
In enjoyed working for Nautica it is a good solid company. The hours are flexible but is a seasonal based schedule. You must be able to deal with few hours when it is slow and to be sent home or stay longer hours when needed its retail. The brand is excellent and Management is well trained.
Pros
discounts for employees
Cons
unreliable scheduling based on companys needs but is typical of retailers
good company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 19, 2015
NAUTICA was a great company to work, great management and great pay and benefits. Nautica was a good experience for me, there is really nothing more I can say about the company.
Pros
free lunches
Productive day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 1, 2015
Make sure store was recovered and clean. Restock items if needed. Greet customers once they'd enter the store, make them feel welcome. Help customers look for sizes or a certain color. Ask what they are looking for or who they're shopping for to make it easier for them to find the item they need. Teach them about our sales going on in our store. Try to elevate on selling more to the customer and also reinforce.
A tourist attraction as well as welcoming environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLOctober 7, 2015
A typical day when I worked here would mean recovering the store and greeting the customers when they arrived in the store. I learned to interact with customers as well as generate sales. Management was understanding. My co-workers were friendly and helped me become comfortable. The hardest part of my job was dealing with shop lifters. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my customers and satisfying their needs with whichever product they needed. I also loved originating outfit combos for customers to purchase
Pros
Customers, Friendly environment
Cons
Pay
Busy workplace with different learning experiences.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 7, 2015
This restaurant has poor management skills. I enjoyed the environment and my position. I was a hostess but I learned a lot about the restaurant environment.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 16, 2015
Hours were very poor and they did not offer any benefits. I did learn about customer service and being genuine about it. Treating the customer like an actual person and not just a consumer. During the week was a bit slow, but it kicked up on the weekends. Employees were cool and were of many backgrounds and ages which made the environment fresh.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
No benefits
Productive and fun Customer Service
Lead Register/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 16, 2015
Its like any other retail store. Customer Service, getting to know the product. Making sure customers are happy.

I like working for Nautica. Its like a big family. Hardest part about working at a Nautica is the holidays. The most busyness times.
Nautica at prime outlet has the friendliest group of employees
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando flSeptember 12, 2015
Awesome group of employees... management is extremely welcoming and apprieciative. flexible scheduling. Hiring process takes a little long but very selective in who they hire.
Pros
Great environment, good team, management very understanding and flexible schedule
Cons
No full time, and low pay
Diverse environment to work in
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 28, 2015
Great job to meet new people and very flexible in scheduling. Management was good and pay was decent. Hardest part of the job was getting through shipment in a certain time frame.
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
low pay
I like the management
Sales (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 26, 2015
My Manager made our store a fun and welcoming work environment while still being most concerned with the customer. We were a small store in an outlet mall so we didnt see as much trafic.
Positive work environment
Customer Service Associate/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Williasmburg,VAJuly 30, 2015
Positive work environment with a lot of room to grow within the company. Great job if you love to meet people from all around the world.
Fun place to work when its a holiday or a show is in town
Sales Lead (2ndAssistance Manager) (Former Employee) –  Prim , NVJuly 8, 2015
Very slow past, unless there was a show at the state line or a holiday was coming up. even thought the store was at the state line. Retail was a lot about numbers, the stress would follow you home. Loved the 401k option.
Pros
Great discount, over 10 different company
Cons
Hard to work at the state line because of the past
Great work place
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJuly 6, 2015
Everyone here is so nice, and fun to work with. it was always a good environment to work in. you got to meet people from all over the world.
fun enviromemt
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nags Head, NCJuly 4, 2015
hardest part is keeping the store restocked. most fun is receiving new product and going visual floor sets and windows.
Pros
your employee dicounts
Cons
demands can be unrealistic
Terrible working environment for brilliant minds.
Sale Lead (Former Employee) –  San MarcosJune 23, 2015
The management team at Nautica is unacceptable. The way they treat employees as well as customers is shameful. Customers are made to feel stupid if a question is asked, price for example. Management did not work with employees with scheduling conflicts, and were very non-understanding. When terrible weather conditions arose, employees were still expected to arrive to work, putting their safety in danger, and all that was said in these situations was "It's retail". Working for this company was one of the worst experiences I have ever had.
Pros
Cons
everything.
Excellent company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenwood, CAJune 16, 2015
At this location we deal with a lot of foreigners. The management team is really good one of the best I have experienced. Very nice work environment.
Good Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 16, 2015
Good work environment for young adults. Easily accommodated my work schedule to other arrangements. Nice and polite staff. Clean and easy place to shop and find things your looking for