Nautica Employee Reviews

Fast paced but fun enivornnment
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OHApril 25, 2017
great team, but lots of indecisive and lack of communication from corporate, corporate always changing there mind, effecting stores. Payroll is not well distributed
Great Work Place
Part Time Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Kittery, MEMarch 20, 2017
Nautica is a great place to work. Management is great and the environment is great to work in. I was accepted right away and I fit right in. Being taken in during the summer months I thought it was going to be hard to join the team, but right away I was welcomed and it has been going well ever since. They are willing to work with my school schedule which is a strong benefit.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLMarch 18, 2017
Young and proactive team, nice benefits. Decent salary for the amount of responsibilities. Nice management, they work togheter with the Store management very often .
Nautica Retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TXMarch 14, 2017
Very fun work environment, management is good. Retail will always be retail so there's always the up's and down's. Very neat and organized store. good
Proud to have been part of it
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2017
The place kept you on your toes, learned something new everyday and the people there are some of the best in industry - loved the culture, until recently. The hardest part was lack of a go forward strategy...I hope it finds its way.
Pros
people
Cons
lack of direction
good experience
Asistance Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLMarch 6, 2017
it was a good experience love working with costumer ,the hardest part is when you can please the costumer ,the most enjoyable part of the job to see the costumer satisfy ,and as a team work to made the day goal ,I did learn a lot things in different areas of retail wish I love costumer services ,visual ,stock areas organizing and paper work its amazing how you can learn so much in just one job!
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  WoMarch 3, 2017
Management was punctual great leaders hours where flexible everyone was very motivated everyone worked as a team there was good balance and task got assigned my strengths
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Few hours at times
Productive and fun place with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day of work consists of providing great customer service in order to reach our individual sales goal, and therefore be able to meet the stores goal as a whole. Side projects include working on visual merchandising and markdowns that need any changes.
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Small break area
Work more
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, NC 28027February 20, 2017
The day I at work, I learned the things that I need to know for my duties. Co-workers and management are great to have a conversation with. While working, we employees don't really talk, we work more.
fun place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCFebruary 17, 2017
traffic on the weekends is crazy, but still a super easy and relaxing job to work at. If you do not have an issue with folding clothes all day, then you will be fine working here.
Great experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Something new to learn from. Working with other people to produce a great outcome. Interactions with many different people. Having the opportunity to work with a great company.
Nautica
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2017
a typical day including be out on the floor and dealing with helping customers and replenishing the store. It was a laid back work environment.
Working at Nautica
Executive Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 5, 2017
While Nautica is a company that provides a great work life balance, since joining the company there has been a lot of turnover in upper management and the retail industry has not been doing very well. While there are a lot of external issues beyond my control, I enjoy working with my manager and department. Each day brings multiple and differing tasks which keeps the job interesting.
Pros
Work life Balance
Cons
Compensation and bonuses could be better
Really kind of boring, not much work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2017
A typical day at work was just folding clothes that got messy or maybe helping a customer here and there. During the Christmas rush was the only busy days and a lot of times it wasn't as busy. Just really kind of a waste of time job.
Good for a first job
Register Lead (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Nautica only hires part time so it's a great second job to have for most or a first job if you are in school. As for advancement not many people stick around long enough to be even a manager so if you do well you will most likely get bumped up to register Lead if the position has a vacancy.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, easy going, employee discount on high quality apparel
Cons
Inconsistent hours(seasons change), tiny break room, only hire part time (unless management)
Good Company to work for.
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake George, NYJanuary 24, 2017
The product and customers are great. Never in the store by yourself they take safety first as a norm. Nautica gave you a chance to excel at what you did.
Pros
Great Benefit Package
Cons
Communication
Nautica
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This was a great place for a learning experience with friendly staff and management! Very open with management communication and loved to hear thoughts/feedback
Pros
Long Lunch Breaks
Cons
No room for advancement
Outlet Clothing Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJanuary 17, 2017
-Good for Part-Time Job Seekers
-Temporary to Permanent Job Opportunities
-Fun and Free Spirited
-Reasonable Management
-Good Teamwork
-Classy Atmosphere
Pros
Shopping Discount
Cons
Tedious Responsibilities
It closed down
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJanuary 14, 2017
Managers were not very involved with their employees. The managers were also very unorganized. A lot of theft also happened here.
Productive, great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 11, 2017
I was taught by the best, so now I am one of the best sales associates a company can have. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the customer and seeing their smile when you brought them just what they were looking for.
Pros
Best customer service
Cons
There was one manager who bullied me.