NAUTILUS Employee Reviews

Wonderful culture, huge onsite workout room
Manager, IT Systems and Support (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 17, 2017
Nautilus has been voted one of the best places to work in the Portland, Oregon metro area each of the last 3 years.

Most IT employees have been with the company for many years.
Pros
Annual Halloween partly is incredible.
Fun workplace
Host/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 14, 2017
Worked with great people with great attitudes, that knew how to have fun and work hard. Customers were great and always generous.
Productive fast paced
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 31, 2017
Made your own schedule following company guidelines with little to no oversight from higher ups. This allowed us to work at our own pace while getting the job done accurately in a timely manner.
Great for handy people
Customer Care specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 27, 2016
Great for people who like to put machines together and take them apart. It was not bad just kind of long sitting in one spot all day. It was hard when you do not know how to help the customer or what you are talking about.
Pros
nice shift
Cons
sitting all day
Productive, Fast paced environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 10, 2016
Customer service work, inbound call center, troubleshooting work out equipment, help customers in a timely manner. Enjoyable place to work, coworkers were very helpful and friendly.
• Organized and coordinated office operations and procedures ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 21, 2016
working hand and hand with the supervisor, handling personal information of clients, communicating with traffic controller and drivers, receiving packages and sending out packages. I learned how to work in a stressful environment and team work but also how to supervise 100 plus employees. the hardest part of the job was during Inventory making sure all employees did what was expected .
Pros
learning different positions and being a team leader
Cons
dealing with different attitudes
Customer support rep
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 12, 2016
Well, if you like to get yelled at while trying to maintain your cool, then this is the job for you. The best part of this job is that you have one. It sure beats unemployment.
Pros
you have a job
Cons
the customers
Overall Good Place to Work
Customer Care Specialist/Call Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 9, 2016
The culture is amazing and the people you get to work with are very friendly, the management could use a little update and the job security leaves something to be desired.
Poor work-life balance
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 9, 2016
Inbound call center for fitness equipment. Horrible work life balance. Management does not care about your person life. You are just a body taking calls.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, healthcare
Creative
Owner/Founder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 14, 2016
A visual creative company that I founded and created to tell stories of clients and others everywhere in a quality film production.
First job out of high school
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Independence, VAJuly 27, 2015
First job out of high school that I put my job training from school to the work place and to work in and on a production line. And got to work with some of the people that I went to school with. We built weight machine that were going to be used around the world.
Fun place to work
Machinist/Programmer/ Computer Aided Drafting (Former Employee) –  Independence, VAMay 1, 2015
Great place to work with advancement opportunities. We had many layoffs over the years and I went through many and I finally went on to college to be better prepared for the work world.
Supply chain specialist beware
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 3, 2015
In the Operations department, the management (female) is a bully, abusive, and just an overall awful person. I was set up to fail with zero training (1 day collectively). Unrealistic expectations. Expected to work hours and hours of overtime, despite the time of day (emails in the middle of the night) with NO compensation, in fact I was denied time off saying the weeks of overtime I put in were expected with the job, despite the first month saying it would be considered "equal PTO". I would often receive emails or texts between 10pm-2am, consequences if I did not respond in a timely manner, prior to the work day. HR, little to no help.
This is not coming from an angle of a disgruntled employee, I have been in the admin working field for 30+ years, I have never encountered a "manager" that is allowed to operate in this manner or to this degree. Her life is her work and therefore expects yours to be as well. Think twice about accepting work in this department, other than the rest of the co-workers here being wonderful. Come to find out, I was the 7-8th person to have this job in less years, what does that tell you?

Advice to Management

Although your Operations Manager is a valuable asset to the company, she is a horrible, abusive boss. I thought you had a "bullying" policy in affect? The entire Operations Department has witnessed and is well aware of it. It's only a matter of time before there are legal consequences to her treatment of employees, colleagues, and affiliates. Complaints by all, internally as well as ex. This is a train wreck waiting to happen, again,
  more... perhaps you should take a look at how many people have come and gone under her direction in a very short amount of time.  less
Pros
Other co-workers
Cons
No time off and unrealistic hours, Horrible, Abusive direct management
Retention specialist
Retention Manager and Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 18, 2014
I was able to use many years of Customer Service skills with this company but the overall job was not challenging for me and the chance of advancement was not good .
Pros
Enjoyed my fellow employees
Cons
Not challenging
no enforceable hr policy
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
Work here at your own risk, management does not care or remains oblivious to toxic work environment despite constant complaints.
Friendly workplace
Imaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 13, 2014
A great company to work for. I received insurance policies, arranged them, scanned and processed them. Co-workers were inviting and friendly.
Pros
Free lunches, gym and events
Job through temp agency
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 27, 2014
It was ok while it lasted, but was never going to lead to being hired on by the company. The company was ran by over 90% of its employees actually working through a temp agency.
Does not stand by core and values
A/R, Cash Applications & Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WashingtonJune 30, 2013
Worked at Nautilus for 10 years, I enjoyed what I did for Nautilus. Management did not live up to their core or values of the company.
Pros
a lot of friendly co workers
Cons
very one sided
Great work place with good opportunities
Nutrition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXApril 22, 2013
This job teaches me how to interact with customers and co-workers in a professional setting
It used to be better
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day was to answer incoming phone lines, and direct those calls to the appropriate department, process resumes for HR recruiter, assist executive assistants with projects, process outgoing mail, ship packages via UPS or Fedex, greet new customers and clients.
At the time the HR department was in charge of my position, so I was responsible for helping out in HR as needed. My coworkers were great and I got to know just about everyone in the company.
Pros
get to know everyone in company
Cons
management not competant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NAUTILUS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8