NAVAJO EXPRESS Employee Reviews

some new everyday
maintenance (Former Employee) –  denver coloradoJuly 2, 2015
the great thing about this job is that you never do the same work repeatedly day after day but there always a new learning experience
Pros
good hours of work
Cons
no retirement fund
Very Disorganized Management
Driver (Current Employee) –  DenverJune 27, 2015
I am a very experienced driver, since 1990.

Soooo.......come here and get treated like I just got CDL and don't even know which end of the truck hooks to the trailer. No truck at terminal I had orientation at, so wait wile they scramble...go get truck and dispatched.

Then the fun begins. Sit sit sit. Wait all day after early morning delivery, finally get a load to pick up that night and they expect you to run all night. They ignore the 14 hour rules, or the fact that you have been up all day. Dispatch and planning do not use the log info provided to them by our electronic logs to plan us better. My delivery time was set well in advance, so it should be NO SURPRISE that I will be empty when I am and DUH, I will need a load.

Then I sit in Denver TWO days, NO PAY, while they can't seem to find a trailer or a load for me. Are you kidding me??? After monkeying around all day, guess what? I get to drive all night and sit again waiting for a day and a half to get loaded. No pay for sitting. Deliver the load, then sit two days. See a pattern here???

I had a request for time off, sent in as per their policy manual, on qualcom, so NO DOUBT AS TO WHAT, WHEN, WHERE I needed time off. Followed up on phone because I did not trust dispatch to take care of it. Dispatch was clueless and kept asking where and when I needed time off. I almost lost it, could have clobbered them. I was told they would get me there, not to worry. Well, I sat TWO DAYS again while they scrambled again for a load that will get me home. Guess what???? Shipper was late in loading me to top off all the
  more... other stuff that went wrong. And no help from dispatch, they didn't even answer messages on qualcom. I DID NOT get home as needed. I had very firm plans that could not be changed. And now they messed that up and are "sorry". So much for driver respect and all that happy stuff. Yes, I do understand that things happen, but I gave them a window of time to work with and they even blew that. This could have been easily avoided if dispatch and planning had their act together.

Oh, and did I mention that I have averaged a big whopping 1800 miles a week? How long do you think a person will stay?

They are so disorganized it is pathetic. The shippers/receivers all say the drivers are all unhappy. I wonder....hmm. If my experience is any indication of what their other drivers have to go through here, I can certainly understand. Hard to stay positive when you cannot get home time once in a while nor pay your bills. And get stressed out by the non professionalism of the office. Upper management needs to get a clue and figure out how to run a company, but I understand that will never happen. Family companies are usually this way. This last week I had over twenty loads put on me and cancelled. I stopped counting after that. And yes, I will be looking for another job. How can I stay here? Would you?? Shame that they will chase off an experienced driver with a good record and work ethic. But I understand I can be easily replaced and they don't seem to care. That's trucking for you, I guess.....................
Pros
Nice equipment, great shop mechanics.
Cons
Poor dispatch and planning, poor communication and follow through from management
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2015
I was both an over the road driver and local driver. The dispatchers are pretty nice most of the time, a little pushy but they are just doing their job. I had a great working experience there though.
Pros
Hours, my boss was awesome, home every night
Cons
Long days
Productive atmosphere
Customer Service/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 26, 2015
My typical day was accepting freight loads and making pick up appts, and scheduling delivery appts. Tracking on time freight, if freight was going to be late making sure dispatch looked for relays to make sure the freight delivered on time.
Pros
Making life time friends
Drove many different routes
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMarch 19, 2015
I would load up at a shippers dock and travel to the consignee and unload the shipment. I learned how to handle a very large truck and drive through traffic in many different city's. I drove mostly by myself so I was alone a lot.
Pros
i traveled all over the states.
Cons
i was gone away from home to long
Place is ok to work
Day Operations/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Place is ok to work for. Co-worker are really nice. Company thinks of you more as a dollar sign rather than a real person. One of the main things i don't care for is the company doesn't believe in raises.
Pros
co workers are nice to get along with and like to help each other out.
Cons
company doesn't believe in raises or pay increases
Ok Place to work
Driver Leader (Current Employee) –  Denver COFebruary 21, 2015
Working for company is ok, a lot of inter-office stress. No Team Work. Will throw you under the bus any chance they get. Nice place to work, with great learning experience but seem to care nothing about their employees
Very fair, will work with you thru any questions.
Driver (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 13, 2015
Second year here as a OTR Driver and Im very pleased with the overall courtesy and consideration Im shown. Ive been at two other trucking companies in the past and Navajo is head and shoulders above them. Pay is fair and Ive never had one payroll problem. Benefits are very good and reasonably priced. Always get days off as requested. You will work your behind off, but Ive done that everywhere Ive been. Good equipment and service. You work hard youll be taken care of.
Pros
decent pay, good benefits
Cons
hours are long away from home
Hard Labor no consideration of personal needs or safety
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2015
They taught their employees that they are another number that was replaceable. Everyone at Navajo is walking on shells, they offer their employee no opportunity for advancement and the company exploits them and offers no support. The silver spoon two year community college graduate Jr. President and upper Management are dumb founded about how the work by their employees is done. They fired about four shop managers since ive worked there. I was there for a year and four months. They lack material safety data enforcement, as well as injury of worker and chemical explosion safety protocol. There is about two cases I can attest that would have resulted in death due their current inability to make correct decisions after work related accidents.
Pros
you recieve a pay check.
Cons
in the case of a accident no proper safety procedure followed, alot of favoritism, they work you anytime with little or no notice, you work well over 60s hours a week no overtime, they can fire you on the spot for a non work related incident.
Work with me to take care of personal business
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2015
They didn't pay for total miles driven, equipment was excellent, work environment was excellent, I wasn't provided proper knowledge on some of the operations , I had to learn as things happen. Overall Navajo did show they cared about their drivers. The pay could have been better and quall com system could have been better.
Cons
not paying me for my experience, driving and work history
terrible management
local driver (Former Employee) –  Denver CODecember 29, 2014
hired as local driver, recruiter said it was a no touch freight company that was first lie, they put me on trader joes wich wasnt bad, pallot jack freight to back door. Hours sucked and were never the same(one day told to come in @ 1300 sent home after two hours so I could get my ten hours off duty and come back in @ 0130).Dispatch has no clue about hours of service or who has been dispatched or not. could be great place to work if they get new management
Pros
equipment was good
Cons
pay and dispatch
Fun place to work
Payroll Department Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2014
Teaching kids
how to play lots of games and songs
teamwork
Some kids have problums and its sad
Seeing them smile
Dependable medical transportation
Medical Transportation/ Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZAugust 28, 2014
If you are the type of person who enjoys being on the roads every other parts of the days, then you would definitely enjoy this job. Mostly medical transporting patients to their appointments in the Northern part of Arizona, sometimes there were trips to New Mexico. Patients become your friends, similar to family members. Have some knowledge for safety producers, like first-aid and CPR. Being in the office was good, just submitting paper work. The hardest part of this job was being a cautious driver and losing hours; when a patient had to cancel and appointment. The most enjoyable part of the day for me was the scenery after a long days drive.
Second chance company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2014
On my first day of orientation at the Jackson, TN terminal, they had no idea I nor the other new drivers were coming. I was told both by recruiting and the terminal manager they would route me home to get the rest of my stuff. My first load was going to Pennsylvania. I live in Georgia. I sent in a repower request and was received a call from F.P., the dispatcher in Jackson, basically calling me everything but a white man for asking for the repower. Everyone at the Jackson terminal will talk to you like you're an idiot. I have a bad MVR and PSP right now, so I didn't have much choice as far as jobs went. Word of advice: Ask for orientation anywhere but Jackson, and immediately ask for a new dispatcher if you're given F.P. in Jackson.
Pros
miles.
Cons
everything else. especially low pay
good job , but away from home too long
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 29, 2014
no hometime, but pay was good, had benefits.wished it could have worked out
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
away from home too long, no hometime
room for advancement.
Wash bay supervisor/ Tireshop (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2014
Loved the different people from all over that I met, not much room for advancement though.
Don't work here!!!
Mechanic Trailer Side. (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 17, 2014
Poorly cared for shop. You come in to work and the lead is lost. He has to find something for you to do. your treated more like a pest then anything.
Pros
lots of hours.
Cons
can't get on day shift...
productive
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 10, 2014
pickup and deliveries were well scheduled in advance. Pay was always in my account on time without any problems with advances if needed.
Pros
great place to work for
Cons
breakdowns
Lots of travel
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2014
This is a great job for someone who loves to travel and does not mind being away from home.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
i have very little time off or at home.
A very valuable experience with many opportunities for on the job training.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 1, 2014
Navajo Express is a very good company to work for. I had the opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable experience. The management has an open door policy and is always available.
Pros
opportunities to advance my skills.
Cons
mandatory per diem policy.