NAVAJO EXPRESS

NAVAJO EXPRESS Employer Reviews

Dependable medical transportation
Medical Transportation/ Office Aide (Former Employee), Tuba City, AZAugust 28, 2014
If you are the type of person who enjoys being on the roads every other parts of the days, then you would definitely enjoy this job. Mostly medical transporting patients to their appointments in the Northern part of Arizona, sometimes there were trips to New Mexico. Patients become your friends, similar to family members. Have some knowledge for safety – more... producers, like first-aid and CPR. Being in the office was good, just submitting paper work. The hardest part of this job was being a cautious driver and losing hours; when a patient had to cancel and appointment. The most enjoyable part of the day for me was the scenery after a long days drive. – less
Second chance company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 18, 2014
Pros: miles.
Cons: everything else. especially low pay
On my first day of orientation at the Jackson, TN terminal, they had no idea I nor the other new drivers were coming. I was told both by recruiting and the terminal manager they would route me home to get the rest of my stuff. My first load was going to Pennsylvania. I live in Georgia. I sent in a repower request and was received a call from F.P., the – more... dispatcher in Jackson, basically calling me everything but a white man for asking for the repower. Everyone at the Jackson terminal will talk to you like you're an idiot. I have a bad MVR and PSP right now, so I didn't have much choice as far as jobs went. Word of advice: Ask for orientation anywhere but Jackson, and immediately ask for a new dispatcher if you're given F.P. in Jackson. – less
good job , but away from home too long
Team Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 29, 2014
Pros: good pay, benefits
Cons: away from home too long, no hometime
no hometime, but pay was good, had benefits.wished it could have worked out
room for advancement.
Wash bay supervisor/ Tireshop (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 6, 2014
Loved the different people from all over that I met, not much room for advancement though.
Don't work here!!!
Mechanic Trailer Side. (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 17, 2014
Pros: lots of hours.
Cons: can't get on day shift...
Poorly cared for shop. You come in to work and the lead is lost. He has to find something for you to do. your treated more like a pest then anything.
productive
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great place to work for
Cons: breakdowns
pickup and deliveries were well scheduled in advance. Pay was always in my account on time without any problems with advances if needed.
Lots of travel
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: i have very little time off or at home.
This is a great job for someone who loves to travel and does not mind being away from home.
A very valuable experience with many opportunities for on the job training.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: opportunities to advance my skills.
Cons: mandatory per diem policy.
Navajo Express is a very good company to work for. I had the opportunity to learn new skills and gain valuable experience. The management has an open door policy and is always available.
great
Over-The-Road Cross-Country Truck Driver (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 8, 2013
Pros: lots of work
a good place to work nice co workers lots of work if you like driving cross country
Over all ok
Customer Service/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 5, 2013
Start out looking at what trucks are running late and getting an eta and calling customers to see if they will still take the load.
Training was everyday, Management overall was ok.
Co-worker will be missed
the hardest part of the job was making sure all loads were covered and handling being over booked.
The drivers is what made the job the most enjoyable – more... part and listening to the storys they had. – less
I came into a Claims Department with no policy & procedures and developed a manuel that needs to be followed.
Claims Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 1, 2013
Cons: no 401k, no raises, working 10 hour+ hour days.
Check my emails and answer those that need answered.
Diary
If any new workers compensation or bodily injuries set up in my own claims system. I then turn the claims into our Insurance Company, and continue to monitor them for Navajo for reserve and settlement authority that may be required.
I check all property damage claims that have been turned in – more... overnight from our drivers to see if any injuries have occurred, if I need to add to my OSHA log or if it is a DOT reportable claim.
I audit all my representative claims for new set ups, all payments and then audit all claim files.
When auditing files if any supervision or training needs to be I put in the notes and return file to the representative.
After auditing if I see a trend discussing with the representative the changes that need to be made.
Checking files for subrogation and sending those files to the company that handles those for Navajo.
Customer Service to my drivers and claimants. – less
It's an OK place to work, but running 48 states no home time
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: you get to see the us at no cost to you!!!!!!!!
Cons: only 1-2 weekends at home
Running 500/600 miles aday across the US there is a lot of alone time and eating fast foods. Trucking is a job ,but it is not for everyone.I have been driving about 17 years just looking to stay in trucking ,but come in off the road a little more.
For the most part it was a enjoyable place to work
Dedicated Contract Truck Driver (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 5, 2012
Pros: not a high stress environment
Cons: no advancement or raises
Typical day at work was moving trailers in and out of loading docks at dedicated account. Position improved my backing skills. Navajo management was good to work with. Management from within the Dedicated account caused conflict with middle management. Navajo co-workers were good to work with.
Over all this is a nice small company to work for and given the right chemistry with a trainer, I would work for this company again also.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 17, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits, good safety dept., fair home time
Cons: not a lot of driver trainers for the solo women. not a lot of east coast runs.
With this particular company I learned a lot about refrigerated units, driving on the open road in very windy conditions and driving up & down mountains. Management was very business oriented . I did not have a lot of contact or interaction with the other drivers. My runs consisted of drop offs and pick ups. I enjoyed my down time with this company. – more... I think the hardest thing for me at that time was making the adjustment from my former company to the present one. – less
This is a good place to work, until they lowered the pay scale.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: good money
Cons: away from family.
I quit because I was about to get my pay scale lowered and I would have made less than I did in the previous years.
very productive
Terminal Operations Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 22, 2012
Pros: work out gym onsite
Cons: stressful industry
great company has lots of potential, great employees hard working dedicated.
Don't exspect home time. Being away from your family. don't expected to have dedicated runs. They tell you there is none when there is.
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 21, 2012
Pros: non
Cons: not paid enough for what a driver does.
Certain driver manager's keep you on the road for a month to two months with no home time.

Hardest part of the job is being on the road away from your family.

Half the time you are sitting up to three days at least,even if you don't need a reset. You are waiting for a load or to get unloaded so you are not making any money.
Not the best place to work
Administration (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 15, 2012
Too many hands in the pot, poor compensation for hard working employees, little to no advancement, no real leaders
Driving for Navajo.
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 5, 2012
Pros: brand new kenworths
Cons: dispatchers are young, and do not belive a new truck can break.
First is the pay. They lie about what they pay before you ever start. Then they found a tax loop whole so they only pay taxes on 1/2 of your earnings, cheating you on unemployment and on you social security wages when you retire. Second they say they want to hire teams, but do not know how to schedule a team to keep running.

About NAVAJO EXPRESS

Navajo Express is a 48 state refrigerated and dry van carrier, based out of Denver, CO. We are family owned and family focused, – Read more