Navajo Express Employee Reviews

Never had to wait for another load to transport
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2017
Navajo is a wonderful company to work for however I went through many dispatchers. My last dispatcher disnt see eye to eye. Management was great it was me want more miles for my family than was allowed. Per D.O.T. Hos rules.
Pros
Good Pay, great hometime
Cons
none, would go back in the future
Solid company to work for, the drivers managers can be absolutely worthless if you dont ride em about getting you loads on time, or before the weekend
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoMarch 28, 2017
Good equipment, decent mileage, upper management will listen to you..if you can reach them. The driver managers leave something to be desired. Dedicated routes are where the cash is at for sure.
Pros
Good miles, new trucks and trailers
Cons
Low pay, tough to reach driver managers
Good place to work.
OTR Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2017
Good company to get a start in the trucking industry. Good benefits. Lousy management. Bad communication. Minimal pay even with full week loads. Drivers don't get paid enough for the demand that is put on them.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No home enough
Good company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2017
I worked for Navojo thought it was a excellent company who cares about drivers and does deliver on what they say .although I'm no longer with them it was a great starting conpany
Pros
Good miles
Cons
Bad home time
Toxic culture
Prevous Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2017
The president is a bully/ bipolar. Everyone is constantly walking on eggshells afraid he is going to go off and publicly scream/curse/ fire them for no reason just because he is in a bad mood. Happens at least once a week. The one thing all the employees have in common is that they all hate the company. Navajo is so disorganised due to constant turnover that there is little accountability and no real policies and procedures.
Pros
Work out gym on site, ok benefits
Cons
Toxic culture, long hours, no raises
Just a job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 27, 2017
Poorly managed and doesn't give you many opportunities to make money. I'm just going to say what caused me to quit this job. I had to take my truck to a dealership to get the heater fixed. I was given a loner truck until that time. I made a short run from Dallas to Oklahoma. The truck was ready the next day. Three weeks later I'm still not able to get back to my truck. I had two pairs of clothing and nothing else. I called everyone in that company and i even went to the main office in Denver on week four. Come to find out my truck was issued out to someone else. All of my belongings were removed into storage. I put in my two weeks notice and left the company.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
ok place to work some good people
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 12, 2017
nice place to work not the best trucking company not the worst local work is good management was good good work environment mechanics at boise terminal are the best
The Driver managers all Suck they do not know anything
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2017
i loved working for Navajo but the Driver managers in Denver are rude and don't give two Sh_ts about the Driver or their Family's! all the company's are the same after you start driving for them they start getting you stuck out there in the middle of now where. with nothing to eat or not even store that you can walk to .
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Driver Manager's are A-- H----
Enjoyed working with this company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with this company. The management was very willing to work with me as a driver for everything that arose. Much more understanding than the other company I worked for
Growing company
Sr. Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2017
The company is growing in the refrigerated environment. Particularly in Dedicated Contract Services
Consistent pricing
Biggers customers
Mainstay is in the Protein and Grocery customer base
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Advancement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 15, 2016
Made many friends with other drivers. Business culture treats the employees like family, and just about everybody is easy to get along with.
Pros
If you do the work you will get the miles
Cons
often difficult to get home time
Good company to work for. They are very family friendly and flexible with time off and scheduling.
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 4, 2016
This company offers great benefits and a flexible work schedule. The only downfall I would say is management is not very involved with the employees and there are no incentives. It's been great working for this company however the future plans of the company are rumored to be bleak and uncertain.
Terrible Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 21, 2016
The President is a bully and continually flies off the handle, berating and belittling employees. Most of the time you are afraid that you will be fired on the spot. Upper management changes frequently and there is no solid direction for the company.
N/a
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2016
Workplace flexibility (scheduling, telecommuting, working arrangements) has the potential to provide employees with the ability to succeed at work while fulfilling personal needs such as family obligations or educational pursuits. Many studies have suggested that workplace flexibility is linked to greater employee productivity and retention, though concerns often arise related to the effort required to manage a system fairly and effectively.
Great Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2016
Excellent work and great company to work at. Great management and a very supportive team. A medium size company and great benefits. if you are in the denver area don't hesitate to apply.
Worst company
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2016
Very hard for them to get me home on time

Will wait for hours for a load

They have very bad commutication skills

Didnt make alot of money here
great group of people to work with
Road Breakdown Manager/Ast Director of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2016
Team environment, everyone helped each other. Made the difficult tasks much easier with team support as well as upper management.
Dutie
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2016
Driving loads across country, Had to follow DOT regulations OHSHA regulations. Everyday via qualcom or phone had to check in with dispatch check weather reports and stay on time line for deliveries.
Not a good place to work
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2016
not a good work environment and there management sucks. They dont have a shop. They dont work with you when it comes to family.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Pay sucks
Took order to and from destination
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80221February 16, 2016
My job was to get the order to the destinations on time and take another order to their destination. I experiences going through new roads and places. Just the communication with the operator was very poor and didn't get back to you on time.
Pros
explore new places
Cons
poor communications

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navajo Express. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7