Navigant Consulting, Inc.

Navigant Consulting, Inc. Employer Reviews

New group created from others in the industry
AML Investigator (3rd party consultant) (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: working with non-us nationals.
Cons: communication! -lack there of.
An interesting take on AML consulting. A bunch of people from different companies coming together to make their own company.
You Control Your Destiny (sort of)
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 2, 2014
Pros: entrepreneurial spirit, great colleagues on teams
Cons: typically conservative thinking of larger corporations
The healthcare consulting division is "up and coming" in the overall corporation, with thoughtful leadership that considers future trends, but can get sidetracked by too many initiatives. A silo-mentality is prevalent, but seemed to be undergoing a change and, if successful, a change would go a long way towards making the environment and work culture – more... much more valuable and interesting.

There is a somewhat entrepreneurial atmosphere where you can make your career as you choose - as long as your utilization remains high. As in any consulting company, utilization is paramount and if it's not there, you may not be either. But again, you can have some control over your career by stepping outside your silo and being assertive and proactive. – less
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS FIRM
Applicant (Former Employee), NYJune 14, 2014
Pros: huh
Cons: everything
Horrible job application website. I hope everyone experiences what i did, and thanks, Will never ever apply to this firm. Horrible. Absolutely horrible
Good group of teammates, goos work environment
Senior Consultant in Technology (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: my coowrkers
Cons: changes that are happening
Responsible for the organization and management of development cycle, drive team to completion of goals and commitments within the sprint cycle and responsible for key decisions on resources and deliverables based on tight timelines. Responsible for development of our TFS system and all communication there from.

Responsible for managing multiple client – more... accounts worth an estimated $750,000. I was not only in charge of exceeding client expectations while managing my budget but I also drove targets for growth and development. I worked with my many hospital contacts to develop new products and drive more revenue. I also was directly involved in training of new hires and had direct reports while being asked to expand my role into our analytic products. – less
Bad Company
Paralegal (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: very bad company
Navigant is not a very good company to work for. They are not friendly and does not cater to their employee needs. Navigant's management team really sucks. I would not work for this company ever again.
Great platform for exposure to different technologies.
Senior Systems Support Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2013
Assisted with analysis, planning, design, implementation and support of the voice infrastructure. Participated in dial plan design and implementation including digit translation and call routing restrictions. Assisted with troubleshooting Cisco VOIP network issues thru CUCM. Configured voicemail boxes and options. Experience with Cisco Unity Voicemail. – more... Accountable for analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving internal user’s laptop, soft-phones, servers, and LAN/WAN connectivity issues. Managed RIM Blackberry Enterprise Server administration (Add, Deletes, Access issues etc.) Cisco WebEx administrator – account management, software troubleshooting etc. Managed Software and Systems Support Team providing support to all company personnel. Participated in the implementation of new LAN/WAN projects such as project schedules, research, evaluation, documentations, test plans, and system requirements. Troubleshoot VPN Portal and authentication via Juniper. Mobile device management (Apple, Andriod etc) with MS Exchange environment. SharePoint sites administrator, creation of all external clients accounts. Assisted with regulation all IT equipment from network implementation to cycle end. Active Directory administrator– creation/termination of user accounts, AD rights and permissions, and domain administration. Installed software, provided technical support and consulted on LAN development. Deployed software packages and remote troubleshooting of desktop related issues thru SCCM. – less
No integrity and dishonest
Anonymous (Former Employee), New YorkApril 25, 2013
Pros: there are no pros when a firm like this is as dishonest as they are -- they have no integrity
Cons: they are completely dishonest and manipulative.
In my dealings with this company, I have discovered that they are completely dishonest. They can look you straight in the face and lie like I've never seen done before. Management has a lot to learn about how to run a business and treat people.
Great Place to Work
Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 14, 2013
Mortgages
Compliance Audits
Bankruptcies
Friendly Staff
Talented people but less competitive compensations.
Associate Director (Current Employee), Westbury, NYApril 12, 2013
Staff are generally competent and friendly. Good Work/life balance. Benefits are OK but compensation is not impressive. Cross practice cooperation is minimum and culture/value is not unified. It's a good place to start career.
Inconsistencies within management
Consultant (Compliance Tester) (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 6, 2013
Pros: pay was great
Cons: everyone is expendable including top management. hence, no job security.
The typical workday is flexible, 8:30am - 5:30pm. You may arrive at 9:30am and leave at 6:30pm. All confidential information that cannot be disclosed. Therefore, everything learning are not transferrable skills. The management needs better structure. Co-workers had their own cliques. About 95% of the workers were recruited from top schools, and they – more... carried themselves as though they worked as the CEO. – less
National consulting firm
Managing Consultant (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 26, 2013
I worked for two years at this consulting firm which is based out of Chicago.
Nice place to work.
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 12, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: one hour lunch time
Overall it is a good company. High volume fast paced work.
Prepares you to work under pressure.
interesting place to work
Data Processor - Insurance & Claims (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJAugust 22, 2012
I leaned a lot from this company, very good training. Great co workers

September 1, 2012

NONE! YOU WILL LEARN BY TRIAL AND ERROR AND IF YOU ASK ANY QUESTIONS , THE LEADS GET ANNOYED AT YOU BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO TAKE THIER EAR BUDS OUT OF THIER EARS AND STOP LISTENING TO THIER MUSIC AND EATING MCDONALDS AT THIER DESK. THE LEADS AND THE SUPERVISORS LEARN OFF EACH OTHER, HIT OR MISS. I RESIGNED BECAUSE THIS IS A VERY POOR EXCUSE OF A COMPANY. THEY TREAT YOU VERY BAD AND EVCERYONE TALKS ABOUT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK. DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU.

Good company with management that means well, but hard to be a publicly traded consulting firm
Consultant/Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: good opportunities given the large size of the firm, good training
Cons: occasional layoffs, poor communication from upper management
-Tend to hire good people
-Management doesn't always make perfect decisions, but seems to care
-Going public was a poor decision -- the public model is not a good fit for professional services consulting firms
-Typical struggles that go along with working for a very large consulting firm -- lack of transparency in decisions and compensation, risk of – more... lay-offs when the economy is bad or when company is not meeting the street's expectations, cumbersome administrative requirements – less
Fast paced productive work environment. Excellent company to work for!
Administrative Specialist & Generalist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 28, 2012
Pros: fun company outings, great morale in the company overall, to show their appreciation of our hard work we were always awarded office lunches, cakes and all sorts of other great treats and outings.
Cons: none that i can think of. if was truly a great place to work!
Once I arrived in the office, my daily duties were to make sure that all office equipment was working properly and replace necessary toners, fill paper trays, worked with IT daily to replace the server tape and send off to Iron Mountain.
If there were problems with any equipment, I would then call and set up a service to resolve any issues within a – more... very short amount of time.
Once that was completed, I would then fill any common areas with general office supplies.
I then checked all conference rooms and libraries to make sure they were ready for the upcoming day’s lunch meetings or inter-office meetings.
I was the first point of contact when we had clients and other employees from other offices throughout. I would essentially serve as their on-call administrative assistant for that day or however long there were working out of the Boston Office.
That consisted editing and binding documents, preparing invoices, setting up catered lunches, offsite meetings, researching potential and current clients/companies and the typical support an administrative provides for any upper level management that required assistance while visiting the Boston Offices.
From that point, I then reviewed all emails and following up with each of the Directors I supported to go over the upcoming days work.
That included scheduled meetings, travel, expenses, editing presentation, binding, shipping, filing, data entry, project research, scheduling upcoming conferences.
Worked closely with major hotels in the area to view the space, discuss set up, food choices, etc. when we had meetings that our Boston Office could not accommodate hosting due to the number of attendees.
I frequently worked with our IT department based out of the Toronto Office to fix any minor issues with employee’s laptops. This was a daily problem. I certainly learned a lot on how to troubleshoot computers for minor issues.
I worked closely with my office manager arranging office parties and fun activities to boost morale in the office. Often we would order food and have game night, which was always a favorite of everybody’s. If the office manager or the other administrative assistant was working from another location or either was on vacation or sick I served as a back-up admin support to the executives they supported.
We also did quite a bit of charity work while employed at Navigant. It is a wonderful feeling to be able to give back to those who deserve it!
While taking care of my priorities first, I did provide admin backup to all of the consultants and senior consultants when needed. That was pretty much on a daily basis.
As for my co-workers, they were greatest group of people anybody could ask to work with. It was truly an honor and a privilege to work with each one of them from Managing Directors down the consultants.
Everyday was an enjoyable day at work. It is a bit tough to pick out one particular scenario when you are lucky to enough to have worked with such wonderful people. I enjoyed nothing more than getting up and going to work everyday! – less
great learning experience
Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 1, 2012
great benefits and fair pay. fun work environment. love to hire young professionals.
fun workplace
consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 5, 2012
Navigant has a very diverse team. There is a lot of communication and it is a nice place to work at. The company take good care of the employee. Events and activities are regularly organized.
Great working environment with a stocked kitchen!!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), McLean, VAJanuary 3, 2012
Pros: frequent lunches and stocked kitchen
great place to work for, company is organized and allows for a great deal of opprotunity professionally.

About Navigant Consulting, Inc.

Navigant Consulting aims to help its clients navigate troubled business waters. A significant portion of the firm's practice is – Read more