Navigant Consulting Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Not a great company for career advancement
Senior Consultant, Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2015
I currently work in the Healthcare division within Navigant at the Senior Consultant level. The organization suffers from a poor career pathing process and undeniably under-utilizes junior staff. This has led to the typical tenure of Consultant and Senior Consultant level employees to be 1-2.5 years because the organization does not understand how to retain talent by either compensating them adequately or helping to develop them. The division often wins innovative work in the healthcare space such a ACO and CIN development, Bundled Payments, and varies other strategy projects, but junior staff are not typically assigned these projects and when they do, they are often utilized as administrative assistants responsible for editing and printing meeting materials and doing analysis versus actually being integral to strategy development, which many of us are capable of. On a positive note the company is very collegiate among the junior level staff and has good name recognition in the healthcare industry. But ultimately it is a springboard versus an organization you can really grow your career.
Pros
Work from home flexibility, floating holidays, friendly culture.
Cons
Poor compensation, lack of career advancement, poor management.
Things to know about this
Consultant manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2015
I worked there for sometime, there are very nice people to work with in my team and the teams interacted with. It is a medium size organization with different companies bought together to make this size.

There is lot of work to do and I used to work very long hours day and night on 7/24 support as needed. I used to get frustrated to get things done sometimes due to lack of better organizational processes and lax attitude from some of the management. My Management did not help to get over the bottlenecks to get things done expecting to you to manage your day to day job and working with organizational issues which makes it real stressful. A task I used to complete in 3 days elsewhere takes 10 days to work around the organizational issues here. I attribute this to different management styles between different teams and lack of efficiency in the organization processes. I used to interact with some great managers and they are helpless at times due to beyond their powers.

There is a high turn around of employees over here. It is a public company with anemic growth and hence you might get little lower pay compared to market unless you are critical and less available in market to business needs. You can check the financials with very little profitability on yahoo finance with symbol NCI.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Expect little work/life balance
Smart people but management isn't focused on growth
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 26, 2013
Your experience will vary greatly depending on the project and mangers you interact with. In the healthcare team, there appears to be a lack of interest in growing talent. Many consultants become frustrated or fed up with the lack of resources and move on to better firms.
Pros
you may be given more responsibility
Cons
without the appropriate compensation, direction, or resources.
Great place to start a career
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 7, 2013
This has been a wonderful company to begin my career with. I was always given additional responsibilities and being challenged when I voiced the need for more. The travel required for the Healthcare practice if 80%+. There is no way around this as they expect you to travel M-Th weekly.
fun place
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2013
very friendly environment, helpful co-workers, well managed, long hours
Fun Workplace in the heart of downtown.
Office Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2012
Navigant is a Multi-national consulting firm. Their Chicago office houses the CEO and vice presidents. High Visability
Pros
foosball table, awesome xmas party at the house of blues