Navigant Credit Union Employee Reviews

Growing company with good benefits
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJuly 5, 2017
Navigant has great health benefits and occasional bonuses. It can be a fun stress free place to work. Lately certain managers have made it more about sales and numbers than the companies core values, which are "To improve the financial lives of our members" and "great customer service." I dislike the fact that they are being more pushy with sales goals and caring less about the members wants and needs. If you don't mind a sales job Navigant is a good place to work. They are a growing company and you have the ability to move up in the company if you work towards it.
Pros
Occasional bonuses such as (Ice cream Friday, employee cookout, employee christmas party)
Cons
To pushy with sales, not following the companies core values.
Productive workplace with a supportive management team
Assistant Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, RIFebruary 21, 2017
Navigant was voted best place to work in Rhode Island for the second year in a row. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with irate members, but it has taught me a higher level of conflict resolution skills and I am now able to more confidently handle difficult situations. Management is always there to back you up when needed and are very supportive.
productive work place
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIDecember 6, 2016
Prepare individual daily settlement of teller cash and other transactions, bringing cash drawer into balance as well as locating and correcting discrepancies;
Represent the Credit Union in a professional and positive manner..
The staff at Navigant is the best staff and that's why they won best place to work two years in a row.
Loved working until new management came along
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIOctober 12, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Navigant until one day the best manager I had ever worked for got promoted and someone else took his place. Ever since then I had nothing but grief from my new manager. I had medical problems going on which she said she would accomidate with, that never happened and I had also had a hard year financially and didn't have a car, which she said she would work with me, that never happened. I gave her my medical papers that i received from my tests and she just took a photocopy and put it in my files after putting me on a probation. I have heard such great things with this place, and I never had trouble with anyone at any work setting until now. I am glad I don't work there anymore and I am trying to find a new job while on unemployment. No job, no money, and no car. Medical bills are piling up and I don't know what to do. I'm hoping anyone who considered this job enjoys their experience, because the business itself is wondeful and I miss it every day, but sometimes there's bad eggs in the bunch that get through and make a good company a terrible experience. I wish all my former coworkers And most superiors a wonderful life and as long as you don't let the bad eggs ruin your experience like mine did, than you will truely enjoy your experience at Navigant. Just remember NEVER to let the bullies get away with it, or you'll end up getting taken advantaged of, no matter what, never hesitate to tale to hr about any problems, because I didn't do that and in the end its my fault for not letting anyone know, which is why I'm writing this now. Sorry about my  more... rant, but please know your limits of what you will tolerate in a work place because I didn't and now I'm stuck where I am until I find a new job. Thank you if you read though this entire thing. I wish everyone well and hope everything works out for you.  less
Pros
Family-like coworkers, Gary F is the best guy you will ever meet-very genuine
Cons
Sometimes bad eggs ruining a wonderful company
Great place to work! Exciting company with plenty of room to grow
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  North Smithfield, RIFebruary 24, 2016
Worked as a bank teller and absolutely loved the experience. Everyone is passionate about their jobs and it's clear how much the higher ups care about fellow employees since as a part time college employee I had numerous conversations with the Vice Presidents and CEO.
Great Management
Loan Servicer (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIAugust 27, 2015
It being such a small credit union, the possibilities to move up seem a bit difficult. However, the work culture is great and people here really make it very welcoming.
Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RINovember 13, 2014
Make sure the branch ran smoothly and correctly.

I learned that not everyone learns and is motivated in the same way.

I like to think of myself as a leader and manages employees to get the most productivity out of them.

Like I said before not all employees respond the same way. You have to be able to read body language and use there ability to get the most productivity out of them. What works for one employee dose not necessarily mean it will work for others.

Discipline and making sure that employees understand friendship and boss relationships are different. You have to be the boss and do whats right for the company. You have to check friendship and personal problems at the door.

Gaining a new family. You all have to work as a well oiled machine and do your part. You are together more than you are with your family. If one part doesn't move then it holds up the rest of the machine.
Pros
Having a life outside of work.
Cons
Bottleing everthing up and letting it out at once.
A busy office
Assistant Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RISeptember 20, 2013
A very busy environment with great members and great coworkers. Hardest part of the job is sales referrals. I would rather see customer service come first before sales. My favorite part of the jobs is problem resolution. I love to tackle a problem and have positive results in the end
Pros
Friendly coworkers and members
Cons
Sales referrals
Friendly and Helpful
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIMarch 17, 2012
Many co-workers to help you with any questions you may have and help with any problems with customers.