Job Title: iOS Mobile App Developer
Navigation Arts, an award winning Digital Agency centered in User Experience, is seeking an objective C/iOS app developer to build internal and external facing native mobile applications in a collaborative environment, relishes finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work. The individual must be highly experienced, able to solve complex problems, and prepared to work on the cutting edge of technology.
The iOS Mobile App Developer will develop applications in the most optimal and cost effective manner possible. S/he will participate in writing software specification documents with the coordination of his/her team lead, participate in software design (architecture), and will assist in the estimation of work for proposals and other business development activities. In addition, the developer will facilitate code reviews with other technical staff, and assist in reviewing code from others, perform unit and integration testing, and re-factor code to incorporate additional libraries or other technical frameworks. S/he will optimize code for efficiency and to eliminate unnecessary calls and/or to increase performance. The developer will troubleshoot and debug software to determine causes of error and identify how to address and resolve. Research and proof of concepts will be conducted and the individual will participate in database, middleware and API/web service design necessary to support mobile app functionality.
- Solid experience of object oriented programming and design skills
- Programming experience in Objective C for iOS
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, file I/O, network and socket programming, concurrency and multi-threading;
- Experience leveraging the xCode toolkit to integrate app functionality with the native capabilities of iPhones and iPads (e.g. camera, accelerometer, gyro, location services, etc.) and OS features (calendar & contacts integration, AirPlay, AirPrint, push notifications, Passbook components, etc.)
- Experience integrating 3rd party web services in app deployments (e.g. social media-based authentication, access to 3rd party data)
- Experience creating Universal Binaries for iOS (combined iPhone and iPad apps)
- Back-end programming
- Strong understanding of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines for iOS
- Design and implement new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling;
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills;
- Strong problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills-Proficiency in Xcode 3.2, Interface Builder and Instruments
- Solid understanding of iPhone/iPad Application development process.
- Experience with using version control repositories such as CVS/Subversion and Git
- Solid understanding of Core Data and Networking Technologies
- Knowledge of Android app development
- Knowledge of / experience with app development frameworks (e.g. Appcelerator) or abstraction frameworks (e.g. NetBiscuits, Volantis, Kony, InfoGin)
- Experience in using Shark and other performance optimization tools is also a plus.
- Connections within the local and greater app development communities.
- BA or BS degree in technical discipline or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2 years developing mobile application for iOS and Android.
- Must have examples available via the App Store or available for demonstration on-device
- 2 years’ experience writing apps for the iPhone Platform.
-Solid understanding of Cocoa/UIKit frameworks and the iPhone SDK.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently as well as within a team.
- Goal oriented and self-motivated.
- Interested in assisting with the continued evolution of our mobile capabilities, internal skill sets and external outreach.
Indeed - 2 years ago
NavigationArts is a leading Internet strategy and consulting firm specializing in the fast-growing field of information architecture and...