NAVIS Employee Reviews

Great job...
RESERVATION SPECIALIST "Worked from Home" (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 23, 2017
Navis is really a great company but just be prepared if you apply there be ready to really take the time to learn the 100 plus clients and really learn them it is not the easiest job but if you enjoy making reservations then this is the job for you. You stay very steady for the most part and you must have a quiet place to work other wise you would make too many mistakes, The hardest part of my job was finding all the information needed to make the reservations without making mistake, every client is different and every clients terms are different and some of the clients are very hard to understand what it is they want you to do, also way to many booking engines they should find one or two but they have like 7 so on top of learning all the different clients you also have to learn the booking engines it can be very overwhelming
Pros
Commission
Cons
Terms are very hard to understand on some of the clients
great peopel, great company
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Navis, I learned a lot about the travel industry, and sales. the culture was friendly, and money driven, but at no cost to quality. Quality performance and service was always a must, with no deviations tolerated. It was tough, but with open communication with my supervisors, and collages it became easier as time went a long. Overall if you are sales driven, with a commitment to excellence, and want to work as part of a leisure but professional culture then Navis is great company to work for
Pros
Great culture, proffesional, great opprotuity to make maoney
Cons
demanding
Okay but not great
Contractor then Chief Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 13, 2017
Great market and customers but did not have proper customer care toward long term, Key investments needed to be made that were ignored and too many broken promises to customers
Great Place to work
Luxury Resort Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 13, 2017
Was a great place to work. Got to learn about a lot of different locations around the US. You get to talk to a lot of interesting people and help them make decisions about their vacation. You get to work from home. Great staff and management is always there to help.
Productive and fun place to learn and work
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORAugust 18, 2016
Best company so far to work for, awesome people and talent. A place like no other where you grow and become an experience multitasker.
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Health for family is way to expensive (not affordable at all)
Great potential
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 10, 2016
NAVIS has a lot of positives going on, but is going through growth pains which makes it difficult to get new products out to stay competitive in the marketplace.
Great Team/Family Atmosphere Overall
Call Director (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 14, 2016
Navis has been a great company to work for. They have high ethical standards, held to by top management and most staff, though like all companies there are some in middle management whose practices don't reflect those ethical standards.

My work day consisted of taking inbound calls from people booking reservations or inquiring about details of the properties for which we handled reservations and directing the call to the appropriate agent, the main office for the property, or taking information for a lead to be sent to the property. The fun part of the job was relating to and forming connections with the callers, and the fun and friendly interactions with my co-workers, all of whom are encouraging and supportive.

The hardest part of the job was giving priority to the contracted service for the client/property, rather than the customer service to the actual callers. I learned the practical side of realizing our primary customers were the properties we serve, while the callers were our secondary callers.

Overall, I have a deep love for the company because of their ethical standards, and couldn't have been prouder to work for them if I had founded the company myself.
Pros
Hi ethical standards, great team atmosphere, excellent profit sharing program, work from home..
Cons
No healthcare for part time employees.
Fun but deceving
Reservations Sales, Associate (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORDecember 20, 2015
I learned a lot working for Navis. Working from home was awesome. Helping guest with reservations was very fun. Management was great. Hours are not bad. They will keep your bonuses/ commission. They do not train you well or give you the resources needed to do a good job which makes it difficult to do your job effectively. You are not given very much room for error especially when you are measured inconsistently and are not given much support.
Pros
work from home, flexibility, fun
Cons
lack of training, resources, lack of stability, lack of intergrity
Night Auditor
Regional Reservations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 3, 2015
I have developed excellent skills in business administration and the hospitality industry. I have a broad knowledge of supervisory and leadership skills as well as an understanding of the complexities of managing a front desk
not a stable job
Telesales (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 31, 2015
The pay is not very good, the resources they give you need improvement. hours could be better. The management is nice. they do seasonal layoffs. You can work from home and that makes it vey nice but you do have to pay for your internet service and if something happens to your internet you cant work.
Pros
management
Cons
pay
There are many contest that get the employees to be very compititve which in turn drives for higher sales.
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Bend, ORNovember 25, 2014
I have loved working for this company. I have learned so much in the time I have worked with Navis.
Cons
Not many chances for advancement being located in Orlando and the company being in Oregan.
Making Reservations
Vacation Planner/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Bend OregonJanuary 28, 2014
Hard to work in a call center environment, but when clients called in their tone was usually happy as they were booking a vacation.
Call center work....
Professional Vacation Planner (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 31, 2012
Call center work with little pay and little commission. You would expect people planning a vacation to be a bit happier but they are usually rude and demanding..

Management is slow to understand and make you pay for your internet and electric. The nice thing is they supply the computer and components.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the same scenario day after day with the same rude callers looking to work a deal when you cannot help them..

The most enjoyable part of the job is the company picnics...
Pros
working at home, commission
Cons
poor management, low pay, unable to take time off, no benefits, bad schedules, contract changes frequently