Navistar, Inc. Employee Reviews

Management stuck in the 1960 threaten and intimidate culture
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 21, 2017
Plant staff needs to be replaced with managers that can coach, train and mentor instead of threatening and intimidating lower level management. Each day supervisors are worried about keeping their jobs, living in constant fear.
Pros
Wages
Cons
No sense of job security
Working hard for no reason, maybe not anymore
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cherokee, ALMay 5, 2017
The management that recently left had no idea of what it took to run efficiently and still produce the required product, while reducing waste. Now that I am gone, I here they have replaced the obvious thorns in Navistar's side and are doing much better
Pros
Decent pay for this area
Cons
No job security, as Navistar has a reputation for replacing experienced hands with temp.. when the temps time is up, they can leave or start over. This happens for years for sme people.
Great people
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 30, 2017
Treated with dignity and respect every day . Interesting work . freedom to make decisions . respect opinions and people . seasoned knowledgeable staff
Learning experience
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAApril 22, 2017
Operated sit-down forklift, used RF scanner to track inventory, drove materials and parts cart. Had a different experience everyday. Great hours and weekends off.
No comment
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 19, 2017
There is a reason why this company underwent so many restructuring. I wish they valued and respected their employees more than how they are now. The company itself has a great history and value that they are trying to built in, but seems like the operation is not efficient.
Pros
Activities in company
Cons
Team bonding, Workplace Culture, Leadership, Management, Work/Life Balance
Stressful
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILApril 12, 2017
Every one was stressed all the time. Celebrates breaking even or only coming in short by a few million dollars short a quarter.

Hire a ton of people out of college let the senior management and high performers walk. Then they put on hiring holds. Promotion from with in only to leadership spots is unhealthy due to top talent leaving. Like an inbreeding cesspool with no new talent coming in to management positions. Hopefully a buy out by VW is soon.

Two group of people:
People holding on to retire and get the benefits from 20 years ago

People who no other company would hire into higher roles sticking around
Pros
Never a dull day
Cons
stressful, unsupportive leadership, in survival mode
Don't work here
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2017
Management is corrupt. Numbers driven. New hires only last about a month. Stressful place to work. Mandatory overtime to keep you away from your families.
Pros
Cons
Managers
No job security
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 2, 2017
The pay and overtime is great! Management is terrible. They get nothing done. They also have a hard time keeping clients. The plant is running out of money and they have a lot of down weeks and layoffs.
They were a staffing company I worked.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 29, 2017
I didn't know them from at all. They gave use little to no information on where we were going or what we would be doing other than we would be working in the HR department helping them out with Administration duties.
Pros
No pros
Cons
They gave no feed back or any guidance.
What I learned
Senior Dealer Parts Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMarch 29, 2017
Navistar was the first real job that I had, and working for such a large company allowed me to really learn the different aspects of the business world. I was allowed to see how a large corporation ran and what the benefits and disadvantages were. I have been able to take that knowledge with me as I continue my career.
Pros
Great leadership skills building
Cons
Executive Management

Want to know more about Navistar, Inc.?

Ask a question
Decent Place to Work
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 29, 2017
An individual has the ability to learn a lot and progress if they so chose to, or become and expert in their current role. The company offers a lot of opportunity to get involved in project work and work on cross functional teams.
Not so bad
ADVANCE MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 28, 2017
The hardest part of the job is to keep up with all the assignments managers want you to have done yesterday. This is my first real job after college and I think it is a good place to get a lot of experience.
Loved the job.
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work was consistent and challenging. Much was expected of you but much was given in return. The management of my division cared for the employees and I feel tried very hard to help us all accel in life and work. Although the work itself could be mentally and physically exhausting I never felt undervalued or taken advantage of. Unfortunately they had to relocate my division and I couldn't follow.
Productive fun place to work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 21, 2017
Great people who could make a great company if they were allowed to
Attention to work life balance, company culture and employee growth
Unfortunately the company suffered from multiple bad decisions by upper management
High Pressure good people
Supply Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 16, 2017
It all depends which manager you are under. If you are in a good pocket, it's not too bad. If not, your life can be difficult there. Since the finance is not good, you are under high cost saving pressure day in and out.
Pros
Can WFH if you have good managers
Cons
high cost saving pressure
Navistar Is Not A Great Place To Work
Accounting Support Processor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 9, 2017
Navistar's pay is more than most local companies, but the management, organization, and professionalism is horrible. They're always telling employees business is not good, making silly budget cuts, yet they sure pay the horrible managers well.
New prioduct development
Electrical Test Engineer Team Lead / Sr. Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 5, 2017
ability to interact and use end product
hands on experience
open to new ideas and implementation
flexible work hours
room for advancement and team building
Navistar
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 4, 2017
If you like working on big trucks this is the job for you. I enjoyed working here but the pay wasnt great althouhg the benefis were awesome and the trucks
Great place to work...
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILFebruary 27, 2017
...if you enjoy Automotive engineering and related fields, be it: mechanical design, engine / vehicle electronics, program management, sourcing, sales, etc
Work fast to meet policies rate for inbound and outbound.
Warehouse Asociate (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 23, 2017
Good place to work at if your a "do what ever it takes"person. Seems like they care more about the numbers then the people working there. Work lots of overtime. People there are great but policies make it hard to do the right thing. Seems like a dead end job.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Dont value the employees enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navistar, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9