Navman Wireless is one of the largest global providers of award-winning SaaS based vehicle tracking and mobile data solutions for commercial fleet management. The company is privately held, profitable and rapidly growing. The core fleet management service allows customers to efficiently manage their mobile resources in the field and integrates GPS, wireless data networks, devices, and SaaS applications that are elegant and easy to use. The solution uses real-time information to proactively and effectively organize a company’s mobile workforce with the ability to analyse a fleet’s historical performance utilizing a robust reporting suite to make improvements in efficiency and productivity, and reduce a company’s operating costs. The company currently employs 300+ people with offices in 12 countries and serves 13,000 customers on five continents. Forbes recently ranked Navman #65 in America’s 100 Most Promising Companies of 2011.
Scope of the Role
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer in Web and/or Mobile Development who can help us transform our current Desktop client products to next-generation web, tablet (iOS/Android-based) and mobile (iPhone, Android) front ends. The person will work closely with the rest of the development team to help us continue to build an enterprise class, high performance, highly scalable industry leading fleet tracking system.
- Work closely with architect and product managers to come up with the right design specifications for new products and/or features.
- Implement key technology parts and make them available to other developers as framework or components.
- Prototype and recommend new technologies, approaches, and product features.
- Actively participate in release planning, do design reviews, code reviews and follow the development process.
- Help develop coding practices, and standards.
- Work with geographically distributed development teams.
- Be proactive, opinionated and pragmatic, and yet a team player.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience with web frameworks/libraries such as jQuery, YUI, and ExtJS
- HTML5 + CSS3, and ASP.NET MVC, GPS, Wireless technologies
- Experience with Visual Studio toolset & TFS
- Experience with Web applications development targeting tablet and phone form factors.
- Exposure to SCRUM/Agile development process.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent and 5+ years of industry experience.
Indeed - 20 months ago