Navy Exchange Employee Reviews

Seasonal Hire
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96818October 17, 2017
Seasonal hire for the holiday season. Cashiering was fast paced and always busy. The hours were flexible and averaged about 30hours a week. Good part time job.
Excellent supervisory staff, HR and fellow associates
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 15, 2017
Excellent leadership, both hiring manager and Human Resources representative introduced me to the duties of the job, reviewed and instructed me on training, benefited and compensation of job during pre-interview and throughout post-hiring sessions including post employment training and EEO classes. Excellent work associates that helped me adjust and learn responsibilities of position.
Pros
Fellow work associates
Cons
30 min lunch break
Family
refunds (Former Employee) –  Ceiba, PROctober 13, 2017
family oriented fun place to work.Managment was excelent a typical day at work was me being busy all day till it was time to get off or until the job was finished.
Good mission, bad execution
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 12, 2017
Leadership is lacking, everything is reactive with constant mistakes. You'll want to do better, see opportunity for improvements but it will never get done.
Nex
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 12, 2017
Although I only worked for the Nex as a temp. It was a very fun job. It was cool to meet and help a wide range of customers with such a diverse background.
The customer is always right
ELECTRONICS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 11, 2017
In retail we are constantly told that the customer is always right but at the navy exchange it takes a whole new level. Customers take advantage of this and just cause a fuss until they get there way and management often takes the side of the customer usually leaving the employee looking like a fool
Pros
tax free shopping
Cons
too many to put down here
Poor work enviroment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAOctober 10, 2017
Long hours, poor pay. Government minimum.
Management lacked sympathy and understanding of employees.
Harassment on a daily basis

Best part were my hair clients only reason I stayed as long as I did.
benefits
Cons
management, extremely low pay
great company
Travel Claim Technician (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 5, 2017
This employer is a great employer to work for. They are compatible to what I did in the military so it made it easy to transition to civilian life. I learned a lot while there and would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxed environment. Especially after serving in the military.
productive
FRONTINE CASHIER/CHECKER (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 2, 2017
It was productive. Balance, competitive, busy. flexible hours. less that 30 hours a week. no available job security tenure. fair management. decent place. Nice environment. needs more training. needs more consistency.
Such as Life
Replenishment Manager/HR Asst (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCSeptember 30, 2017
Lot's of favoritism and poor salaries. If you were not in the good old boy click then you were overlooked for promotions that you out right deserved and were qualified for and Managers were to scared to stand up for their workers.
Good stepping stone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  GuamSeptember 20, 2017
Ok job low hours and pay management was not consistent schedule wouldn't be out on time and request for days off would hardly get noticed good people there though
Pros
Gas on base exchange privileges
Cons
Low hours and pay
Good Job
Employee Development Manager/ Frontlines Manager (Former Employee) –  Lemoore Naval Air Station, CASeptember 20, 2017
It was a good company to work for. Salary was not high 70% of all profits went to MWR. I loved working to do my part for the Navy, Benefits were very good,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Some of the upper managment not so good
Very fast pace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 20, 2017
Very competitive . a lot of working on commination. staff really friendly and it was a great job while I was in school . pay was reasonable for my position .
I love my job but it is time to move on to uplift my morale again
Sales Technician, Electronics Department (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92136September 19, 2017
It is an enjoyable work for me because it is my line of work having my educational attainment in electronics and for working almost half of my life in electronics. The only thing that makes me decide to leave my present job is that the management has changed a lot in as far as being honest and open with their employees. But as far as the work culture with my co-workers, I enjoyed working with them and that is the most enjoyable part of my job in addition to meeting all types of customers in the sales floor. I don't find any hard part of my job because I enjoyed it and I loved it. And I believe that you can always do great work if you love what you do.
Pros
No specific time for break and lunches
Cons
Management has change resulting to a low morale to employees
Friendly
Watch/cosmeticssupervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 19, 2017
The navy exchange was a wondrously great expeareince they actually gave me a chance and did not judge me on my skin color they allow me to grow and advance in the company treated me with kindness and respect
Pros
Opportunity for someone just stating
Cons
Security
Retail Oriented
Assistant Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23452September 15, 2017
The work life balance is very good however there is little room for advancement unless you want to switch career paths. The hours are decent too. You can work compressed work schedule from day one.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 12, 2017
I was hired as a seasonal employee for the Navy Exchange. I really enjoyed working there and meeting new people from different parts of the world since as Navy family we move all over the world.
Very fast pace work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be after logging into your computer check with both buyers to find out if there was anything that needed to be keyed first. If not, then you just continue with your work from the previous day. The best part of this job is that you know exact what the items cost before it hits the Navy Exchange Stores, The most challenging part of my job is deciding what to do first when the buyers have orders to be filled at the same time.
Pros
clothes sale for the employees
Cons
the building was very, very old so the floors moved a lot
Concept of helping service members is great not at all what happens here
Accounting/Administrative Supervisor NF (Current Employee) –  NEXCOMSeptember 12, 2017
The company on a whole is a good company but the individual locations throughout the company are all run completely differently and there is no consistency. It is unfortunate that the management is not better equipped to work with humans. I have not met anyone in the Navy Exchange that has loved management. The associates rally together and make it a good place to work as long as you do not want to advance with the company it is a good summer or seasonal part time job.
Pros
Associates are great
Cons
Management is lacking in every catagory
good job & benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 12, 2017
good place to work. good benefits and easy to learn my role. People were easy to work with. We were able to shop at the NEX and had base privileges.