Navy Exchange Employee Reviews

fun, upbeat
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSDecember 6, 2016
truck days are the most busy days, the other days are pretty easy going, making sure your department is organized and well stocked is the main priority.
Great work experience.
Jewelry Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MEDecember 6, 2016
I was able to move up quickly. Was able to move around from department to department just learning the ins and outs of each. Took the opportunity to attend a management class. Even got to travel a little.
Pros
Job advancement.
Cons
Some of the policies are hard to understand.
Great work enviroment
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, MENovember 30, 2016
This was a second job and the management was very accommodating to having a pregnant wife who was having complications as a active duty member. It was a great way for me to get in the retail business. I typically worked the customer service desk handling purchases, returns, lay-a-way, tobacco purchases, money orders, check cashing and STAR card applications. There wasn't a hard part of the job, everything was very easy but sometimes the computer froze while processing payment or money orders. The enjoyable part was working with my co-workers who were always smiling and amazing kind and generous with their time to train me.
Pros
Flexible with a hectic schedule
Cons
No complaints with management personnel or
Very good to work for and very nice people to work with.
accts. receivable clerk, payroll (Former Employee) –  Newport, RINovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working with everyone, they were very friendly and helpful.. I liked data entry, making bank deposits, and verifying daily cash reports. I would go back to work there if they had any part time positions.
horrible place to work/aweful management/was lied to quite often..dead end job
tailor (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 17, 2016
I was hired there.....was told wonderful things.......none of them happened. I was lied to over worked..management is lazy, don't care, ver immature folks there...pay was all commission...was terrible...dead end job....any tailors out there.......do not do it..you will regret ever working there as I do
Pros
n/a
sales team
Excellent customer service (Former Employee) –  Indian Head, MDNovember 15, 2016
Daily stocking, greeting people, working with customer. very pleasant environment. really enjoyed working for this company, management is great and friendly.
great place and fun
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 14, 2016
This is a good place to work for. They have good benefits and advancement too. Management is great and this job is flexible.
Pros
fun and great management
Cons
low pay
multiculture, family based, work for our military
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCNovember 11, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. The staff is very kind and friendly. I would recommend this company to anyone for employment.
The only thing i did not enjoy is that if you don't fit in you know almost immediately. taking care of the customers was the best and most enjoyable thing. You have to stock , do warehouse work, and run the floor on an everyday basis. Don't look into this job without being able to do every job that you could apply for at the company because at some point you will be and not be compensated for it.
Pros
service to our military men and women
Cons
short breaks, sometimes very slow
Family Oriented Company
Human Resources Associate (Current Employee) –  Lemoore, CANovember 11, 2016
If you would like to work for a company who has strong military ties, family-oriented and believes in wonderful values of service, this place is for you! Great benefits, excellent opportunity to work with people who care and an all-around great organization with which to grow.
A typical day at work was fast paced.exciting and a fun work environment.
Barber/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2016
My job at the Navy Exchange began at 8:30 am and ends at 1;30 pm.
within that time I normally cut 30 to 40 hair cuts while making sure my work station is clean. However, the best part of working there is meeting new people on a daily bases.
Pros
We had holidays off and Parties
Cons
We had to work on Sunday mornings and short breaks
typical day
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Bangor Naval Submarine Base, WANovember 5, 2016
Made sure all new stock was processed and accepted. Took care of customers in Electronics. Accepted and placed on display all new computers and TV's. Trained new personnel on company policies and departmental policies.
My management was outstanding in supporting me and allowing me to grow within my areas of expertise.

The hardest part was dealing with upset customers. I had more patience than a lot of coworkers. I always tried to calm them down and make sure they were happy with the solution.

The most enjoyable was teaching every one that the job was nor stressful by keeping my attitude in the right place.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done and lunches provided when we did and outstanding job.
Cons
Sometimes not being able to take a break but that was few and far between.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 3, 2016
Management doesn't care about the employees. Pay is super low for what we do. Too much drama, trust no one. Worst job anyone could have. I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to have this job. Just don't work here plain and simple. Too much to be done for so little pay. Not worth it. Never get breaks or lunches, but they still take it out of my paycheck. My pay checks are never accurate and always have to get them corrected. People here don't understand anything. A worm is smarter than managers here.
Pros
Nothing.
loveing custumers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  smoky point waNovember 1, 2016
I love my costumers their great friends. Theirs a lot of retired people in our area so there despairing at an alarming rate. I,ma big history buff so I love hearing their stories because when their gone so are there stories and its a shame..
Pros
the people
Cons
the pay
Fun
Customer Service, Cashier Checker (Former Employee) –  Naval Base San Diego, CANovember 1, 2016
I had fun during my time during my time at the Navy Exchange. I learned a lot, in particular Customer Service. My co-workers worked at the Navy Exchange for quite some time and gave me valuable tips and tricks of retail. The hardest part of working at the Navy Exchange is that I can not satisfy every guest's needs or requests.
Good Place to Work
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WAOctober 31, 2016
I am a lead cashier so I just help run the registers and help customers with questions if at all possible. I love my co-workers and get along great with my managers. I especially enjoy a lot of my customers.
Productive and fun with free foods on overtime
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 20, 2016
I started working at the navy Exchange as a christmas Help, then after the Holidays, I was Hired as full time Employee, then after a year I got promoted in a supervisory grade position, it was fun working at the navy exchange,until time go really quick and my working Permit is about to expire and I have to ready myself for coming back in the Philippines. now im ready again to apply for a job here in the philippines,I hope and Pray that I can find one.
Pros
General manager gives us free lunch twice a week
Cons
we work Overtime specially during Hollidays
fun, productive and great place to work for.
Human Resource Associate (Generalist) (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 19, 2016
The Navy Exchange is an excellent company. Best thing is their benefits and their customer service based employees. They have such great service and they really care about their customers.
Nex
Retail Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 18, 2016
Although I did enjoy gaining the experience and making the friends I did, and the job itself was nice, the management could use work.
Busy and productive day serving food for troops, veterans and families
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2016
Whether I am opening or closing within the deli department, I make sure that we are set for success for the day. I make sure everything is well stocked so when the rush comes in, everything is flowing correctly. I learned how to utilize time management, to manage my emotions with people and brighten their day, and how to genuinely care for the company who pays for me to live daily. My co-workers are a roller coaster of emotions that have been a reason for me to stay as long as I have. The hardest part of the job is pleasing my manager but she is a giver of tough love. The most enjoyable part is memorizing the orders of regular customers, my customers updating me with their outside life and having a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day when everything flows well because it is a tough department to keep up with.
Pros
Military benefits, annual and sick leave, holidays, the latest I get out is 7:15pm
Cons
It is a small company so everyone knows everything and the pay.
Good Work Ethics
Laborer/ HVAC/R TECH (Former Employee) –  Naval Base GuamOctober 11, 2016
A Company I enjoyed going to work for everyday... The people i work with made life at work memorable and a place to look foward to going everyday....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Navy Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.