Navy Exchange

Navy Exchange Employer Reviews

Fun
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), Mount View, WIMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Heavy Objects
I processed merchandise and priced them. Took merchandise and placed them out on the sales floor. I unloaded freights and made sure they were rightfully placed. Its always a good job when your co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part was lifting the boxes and preparing them for openings.
Productive and Friendly Staff
CASHIER (Former Employee), Wahiawā, HIMarch 20, 2015
The only thing I didn't like about this job was the fact that they tell you you'll be working as a flex employee meaning you work both part-time and full-time. They also said that you can work as full-time if there are any positions open, but usually they won't hire you, they hire the ones on the priority waitlist. The best part about this job is that you build a relationship with the customers.
Enjoyable working for the exchange and/or the mini-marts.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 19, 2015
Pros: knowing fine people
Cons: having to see fine people leave your island.
AS a civilian working in a military installation was fun and
interesting, get to know people I worked with and whom I
provide customer service too. And made me realize how
lucky we all are to have people like them whom serve and protect
us and our country and I thank each one of them. The hardest
part was finally really getting to know them and they get shipped
out to wherever.
Cashier
Cashier (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 11, 2015
Was one of my first jobs. I got this job at 16. From what I remember it was okay, smooth and easy job. Management was easy going and worked with me on my schedule because I was still a student.
A great Job
Sales, Cashier (Former Employee), Great lakesMarch 9, 2015
My typical day was setting up cash registers for the day . helping customers. I really like working for the company. I would go back to the Navy exchange
Exchange
Seasonal Associated (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 7, 2015
I only worked there for the holiday season. Since I wasn't part-time I wasn't edible for benefits. But they did work with me with my school hours, since I was a full time student.
Very good for a college student
Sales Associate (Former Employee), virginia beach, vaFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good ob
Cons: bad management
very good for college student. I enjoyed working here. Just the management sucks. The pay was decent. The hours were always good.
Providing for our Military Service Members
Warehouse Worker Supervisor (Current Employee), Great Lakes, ILFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: hours work great for me and benifits are very good.
Cons: over time is not allowed or offered to anyone.
Our receiving department is usually busy throughout the day, with challenges, as far as new product and invoice issues. I've learned a lot over the years as far as how to fix issues, correct issues from my receivers, before confirming paperwork and sending to our accounting department. I enjoy the challenges of making sure all invoices and items received are at 100% before sending to accounting to avoid later issues from our cooperate office due to mistakes that were not caught. The hardest part is coming across issues that were never seen before and take time to get the proper information from the vendors to be able to correct. But, this is also one of the challenges that I do enjoy and learning for later.
NEX Retail
Hardlines Department Manager (Current Employee), NS Great Lakes, ILFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: tax free, ability to move around the world, and advancement
Cons: low pay
Working for the Navy Exchange (NEX) has and will be always rewarding. Their benefits are the best around and you will have the opportunity to advance. Sometimes you will have to put in longer hours to get a job done, but most of the associates are always willing to help one another out. Strong management, great benefits but low pay. If you are looking to become rich, this is not the place for you. If you are looking to give back to the Military members and their families, then this is the place for you.
Everything Under One Unbrella
Sales Associate, AFFES (Former Employee), Bolling AFB, DCFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: tax free purchases, great personalitys
Cons: low pay not to many hours
I Loved This Job I Worked With Food Then Make Up And Electronics I Learned So Much Its A Very Nice Job And The Sense Of Helping Your Fellow Military Personnel Find Exactly What They Need.
Managers don't care
Cashier Checker (Former Employee), Patuxent River,MDFebruary 12, 2015
The only good thing about working here, is the customers.
Managers don't care at all about you or if you have a problem with something. Its all about the customers. They don't allow you to move around in the company. No help with advancing. Very poor hours.
Good Harted Co-Wokrts
Sercurity Officer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the work enviralment the navy exchange ahs made is the bar other company will never meet
Cons: i found none
Worked in the warehouse receiving
we checked each box against the invoice for accuracy
deliver boxes to the right departments
remove empty boxes for recycle
empty the bundle when compactor is full
Incompetent management
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: no benefits, rude management, no employee discount
The managers and supervisors could not properly communicate with the mens department, nor lead the associates. They were rude, disrespectful, and would not provide detailed instructions how they wanted something to be done. Often times, i found myself leading the team of associates so that we could successfully function as a team.
Good so far
Lawn and Garden Sales Associate (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 6, 2015
i have been here for 3 months and it is decent so far. Not the best job becasuse it only pays $8 an hour but it works with your school schedule if you are in college.
my favorite so far
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Kings Bay, GAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: you tend to become close with fellow co-workers
Cons: i didn't get benefits at the time because they were too expensive. inventory night is no fun.
I did practically everything there at some point, or to put it properly; I was cross trained in many departments. It was nice to see the regular customers and form somewhat of a relationship with them. I formed some friendships with a few co-workers, who I still talk to. I did NOT like inventory time. Management is approachable and easy to talk with.
Team work
RETAIL SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Port Hueneme, CAFebruary 2, 2015
My over all my experience in working with this company was a wonderful and I learned to work as a team. Great growing aspect.
great co-workers
Sales associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: almost always approved request off
management is good, they treat us equally and like family, you have to be flexible to apply in this company. but they're willing to work with your schedule. you'll see familiar face most of the time which make it easier to deal with them day by day. the hardest part is nothing, they will train you til you know the ins and outs of your job also they're willing to help when you need it. supervisors are excellent they'll treat you like family
Fun and very diverse place to work. i truly enjoyed meeting a variety of service members form around the world.
Cashier (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: breaks, opportunities to advance, opportunity for extra hours, flexible schedules, fun and friendly staff
A typical work day at the Navy Exchange would be calm and an easy flow throughout my work day. I was never bored and i always had a job to do no matter how busy or slow the facility was. Every morning the employees and managers were greeted with the goals and accomplishments of the company. We were also greeted with smiling faces and an inspirational message before we began our shifts. The management team was always incouraging and offered support whenever needed. They also were not afraid to jump right in and help out the staff. The hardest part of my job was having to leave the navy exchange. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work everyday knowing i would have a new experience and meet someone new and offer them my exceptional customer service they so greatly deserved.
Navy Exchange, retail
Sales Clerk/Telxon, Lead (Former Employee), Adak, AKJanuary 24, 2015
Would arrive at the exchange and go through security procedures of
opening the store, making sure computers are ready to go. I would then go to my computer and pull up all merchandise transfers, price changes and inventory counts due for the day. The hardest part of the job would be doing counts in the freezer. I loved the job for having something to do during the cold weather.
it's a wonderful place for military families and service men and womens were there is tax free
Vending Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2015
well I'm responsible for maintaining and making sure the families and depentants receive a quality product with reasonable prices

1 2 3 4 5

About Navy Exchange

Before Old Navy, there was the Navy Exchange Service Command (NEXCOM). Active-duty military personnel, reservists, retirees, – Read more

Navy Exchange Photos