Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employer Reviews

Troubleshooting and repair of 1400 users computer and phone systems.
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 25, 2014
Troubleshooting and repair of 1400 users computer and phone systems. Daily workflow maintained through Remedy electronic ticket database program. Excellent customer satisfaction rating as evident in my many customer satisfaction letters and consistently excellent remarks during performance reviews.

• Providing technical, operations and training support – more... to users of computer equipment either remotely or on-site for 1400 users.
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain support of Windows XP and Windows 7 computers including Microsoft Office 2010.
• Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Remedy electronic ticket database program.
• Installs and test computers, printers, network switches, other peripherals, and software.
• Performs hardware diagnostics and coordinates repairs.
• Excellent customer satisfaction rating as evident in my many customer satisfaction letters and consistently excellent remarks during performance reviews.
• Performed Active Directory user password resets. – less
healthy work environment with long standing member base
BSA/AML Analyst (Current Employee), vienna, VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: stable company, great benefit programs, interesting career paths
I am able to work independently with minimal supervision. My opinion and creativity is valued, and my continuing educational training is encouraged and made easily available.
Good place to work.
Voice Systems Programmer II (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: no work/life balance
Good place to work. Always learning new things. Recognized for your work.
Productive sometimes depending on mortgage outlook
Mortgage Support Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: incenitives
Cons: work balance
Typical Day: Work
I learned how to process documents, typical clerical duties, etc.
Management lacked a lot of communication
Constant changes; but everyone is so helpful
The change is something to get use to
The environment and constant parties or different incentives
Member Service Representative / MLO (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 26, 2014
Cross selling bank products and service. good company to work for.
Great Benefits and Great Pay But too Strict
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 21, 2014
Pros: free food sometimes, great pay and benefits, casual fun clothing days.
Cons: short breaks, military like strictness, expectations set too high to meet.
This company is based off military regulations, so they pay well and their benefits are great but they micromanage everything. I learned to conform and never speak my mind from working at this job, as that you could lead to trouble. I also learned to use more courtesy words when speaking to others. I loved my coworkers, but my manager was unpleasant – more... and never had anything positive to say to encourage us to do well, as we were told in training that they would do. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping members with their banking needs. The hardest part of the job is that they want everyone to be a perfect robot and you are scored on everything so the evaluations were hard because one word like "ok" or "sure" or "no problem" and you could lose 6-10 points on an evaluation. – less
Collections was torture
Credit and Loan Collections Counselor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: the people were really great there
Cons: collections department
Yes NFCU is on of Fortunes 500 Best Companies to work for but what happens when you cant collect money from people who doesn't have it then what??
Productive place to work
Mortgage Support Assistant (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 18, 2014
Great place to work and learn about banking. Many different opportunities to grow within Navy Federal.
Great Work Place to be
Supervisor, Daily Business Reconciliation (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJune 17, 2014
Pros: benefit and funds for continued educations
Cons: no promotion fairness across the organization.
Work Life Balance is where you need to be. The management walks the talks. Great Benefits. They have not had any lay-off since its inceptions.
Great Beneifits
Processor/LO (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 17, 2014
Overall Great Company, greatest Beneifits. Great people to work with.
fortune 100
sales (Former Employee), pensacolaJune 15, 2014
Great company and lots of benefitscall center atmopsher and a gym
Great place to grow
SCRA Specialist (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJune 8, 2014
Pros: bonuses, job security, free gym
Cons: parking sucks if you arrive after 9
I love Navy Federal. I have been working at headquarters for almost 4 years now and have moved up multiple levels since my start. It is a comfortable environment with great work life balance. There is a cafeteria, 24-hour gym, and many incentives to work as hard as you can for the membership. I simply love Navy Federal.
Would not recommend
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: 401k fully vested after 2 years
Cons: everything
Notice all of the bad reviews on here were from the Mortgage department, just read those as they are true I will add that they do not compare to how much you get paid for closed files at the other lenders... I will only state the facts:

Low base pay ($35k starting) and low annual bonus 2% to 6%
Do not get paid bip points on closed loans (paid by closed – more... loan tiers for example 9 closed loans pays $50...)
Over whelming work load, 50 to 100 in the pipeline
Closing 10 to 30 loans per month (close this many with another lender and your making six figures...)
Processors are slow so a lot of closing are delayed
Mandatory overtime
On call until 9pm 365 days a year
Co workers are crying from the work load (literally)
No life/work balance
Low quality training
No management support
List goes on

The end – less
Very nice work place
Bahrain Branch, Teller (Former Employee), BahrainMay 21, 2014
Very nice work place and good management. Nice co workers, great place to work overall.
Just a number
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, VAMay 19, 2014
Pros: health benefits, gym, showers
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities, micro managing
I had worked for NFCU for 18 months. I was told it was a great place for advancement. Having come from a contact center environment from another bank I thought this was a great move.. Boy was I wrong... I blew my numbers away, even in training. I was a top performer and everyone there knew who I was, and what I was capable of.. It's not an easy job – more... by any means, but I had years of experience. When I applied for promotions they offered me overnight shifts every time, which was impossible for me. Seemed that they had a sexist approach to promotion, from what I saw...They monitor everything very closely. To the point of questioning you why you were at the bathroom for so many minutes this day? What happened??Really?! They do not offer bereavement time.. Vacation time adds up a painful rate. Prepared to be chained to a desk most of the year so it can accumulate. Btw, if you need time off they need 30 days notice, or forget about it.. If your desperate for a job I guess it could work.. I would stay away! Run don't walk! – less
Navy Federal Credit Union caters to employees
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee), Pensacoula, Fl call centerMay 14, 2014
Pros: nfcu is always giving employees something free.
Cons: i have no complants.
I enjoy my job, I have a Congenital Nystagmus that is not allowing me to preform at my maximum performance. I really don't want to leave such a great company. If I have known that eight hours on a computer would push me away. I never would have applied. NFCU is one of the best company's I have ever worked for.
Energetic Family Environment
Account Specialist I (Former Employee), Vienna, VAMay 13, 2014
Pros: bonus and over time
multiple shift options. Very into the happiness and satisfaction of its employees
Not what I expected. Horrible work environment
msr (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FlMay 10, 2014
NO TRAINING, Management talks down to you. Wasn't even shown where to do my tax forms or direct deposit. Ask multiple times to show me how and where to sign up for benefits. Never shown or given any time to sign up. It's a double standard there. Treat their employees like slaves, feel like I'm in the military. For being a big corporate company it SUCKS... – more... how can they expect to give good service with no training. You can't. Looking for a more employee friendly job. – less
Great Company Benefits
Call Center Account Specialist (Former Employee), Pensacola FlMay 8, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: this is a call center and therefore has extremely strict rules, they are simply black or white there is no gray in special circumstances
This is a great place to work in the call center environment. The management is fair and all employees are treated equally. There is great opportunity for advancement at this company.
Great place to work.
MSR (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 6, 2014
by far the best job I have ever held.. great compny and great co-workers

1 2 3 4 5

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos