Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxing and independent workplace
Member Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 22, 2016
Great environment. Wonderful benefits; gym, lounge, message chairs, on-site clinic, and cafeteria. However, many employees are forced to moved to other buildings off campus and teleworking opportunity has been revoked. Constantly changing supervisors and coaches which makes I difficult to advance. Its all about who you know and not what you know that gets you promoted.
Pros
benefits, management, flexible hours
Cons
Job advancement, Constant system failures, Software needs improvement
High Volume Mortgage Lending
Mortgage Processor and Closer (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 15, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. The company does make try to make the stress of work tolerable, but most of the times the volume is so high that maintaining a work life balance is very challenging.

The work ethic, culture and team support is amazing. Peers and leader are always supportive and helpful.
Benefits
Oustanding Company
Mortgage Default Supervisor-Member Outreach (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAAugust 8, 2016
NFCU is and outstanding company to be employed with. They really take care of their employees by offering competitive salaries, great benefits, 401k, and bonuses. The headquarter office has a full gym, cafeteria, parking structure and many more additions to make for a pleasant work environment.
Great pay and benefits, amazing supervisor
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 6, 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is a great company to work for. The benefits and pay are great. However, it is not for the faint of heart. If you cannot handle members being super angry at you and taking their frustrations out on you in sometimes very vulgar ways, I don't suggest this field of work. However, the supervisor I had was absolutely amazing in taking the time aside to work with me on things I did not quite understand. I admire him very much for that. It's a great company to work for overall, but it is a very hectic and always changing job environment that can take a huge emotional toll on an individual especially if you have mental health issues.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Mentally straining
Great work environment
Member Service Rep I (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 5, 2016
Amazing company to work for with the best people in the world. I would recommend Navy Federal to anybody as a great employer and an incredible credit union.
Great worrkplace for the modern young adult.
Remittance Processor II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL 32523July 28, 2016
I highly recommend starting out here. It is a great place to work with great people and a great culture. Starting out is easy. They guide you as you develope. Work hard and you will get noticed.
Great working environment
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 26, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. They ladies I worked with were awesome. This was the a great experience and I learned so much. The training is intense, but it is all necessary. The employees are treated very well. Everyone has a chance to help with marketing and the community events are always fun.
Pros
NFCU takes care of the employees
Cons
I had to relocate
Overview
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 19, 2016
On a typical work day, it was very busy. I learned how to connect with the member as well as service them without being face to face. The management there was good and my co-workers were excellent. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the ongoing changes and updates with the policies that were constantly changing. However the most enjoyable part was the recognition for our service and training.
Review
Revenue ICL Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 18, 2016
Thanks for the opportunity to work for navy federal it was a great experience . I learned a lot and it helped me further my career in the industry
Great culture that treats employees very well
Supervisor, Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 13, 2016
The company has great benefits and has an incredible culture. It is hard to find a better work environment. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Awesome!!
Delinquency Control Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 10, 2016
This is the best job that I have ever had. They actually care about you and your life. They have a yearly bonus that you get based on your performance review. They have a Christmas bonus also. They have a variety of schedules to fit your life. Management is great also. The hourly pay rate is also good.
The best company to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 5, 2016
Excellent training for the job.
Assistance and additional training as needed
Management and team members are always willing to offer help
Very friendly and safe work environment
Incentives and awards for a job well done
Pros
A company that goes above and beyind
Cons
None I found
Great co-workers and good work enviorment
Automation Tester (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 29, 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is a huge company and they display their appreciation to their staff for all the hard work they do.
The best company to work for ...
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 26, 2016
Navy Federal Credit Union is the best company I've worked for. They take care of not only their members but employees as well. The CEO of the company has to be one of the most down to earth people you'll ever encounter.

No company is perfect, it has it cons but it doesn't take away the fact Navy Federal is a great company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, employee recognition, CEO, location
Cons
30 minutes lunches
The most enjoyable part of the job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ballston, VAJune 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job that i was able to witness first hand the excitement and the joy of the consumer when they were approved for that new auto loan, personal loan or credit card that they applied for.
productive place to work and learn banking skills
Delinquency Control Counselor III (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 20, 2016
Its a call center so there is no real room for originality. You red a script to the same people all day every day. Hours are long and management is horrible, with this company its about who you know not what you know.
Pros
great benefits, great bonuses
Cons
no room for advancement, no work life balance, bad management
Excellent company to work for
Member Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 19, 2016
Rated in the Top 10 companies to work for by Forbes for many years. Excellent pay and they take great care of their employees. Was very sad to leave due to spouses work relocation and there being no branches in the local area.
Fun place to work, hard to advance
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 15, 2016
It is extremely hard to advance at Navy Federal unless you are overqualified for the position that you are applying for.
Great Benefits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DC MetroJune 14, 2016
Navy Federal offers great benefits to their employees. They give vacation days to PT employees! Just make sure you ask about the management of whatever department in which you're applying. A manager can certainly make or break any job!
Great establishment where you can have fun and have a career.
Test Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 11, 2016
Navy Federal is a great company to work for. Excellent work environment with some amazing people. They don't just offer you a job, they offer you a career with great compensation and great benefits.

4.2