Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employer Reviews

Good place
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 22, 2014
Pros: the pay and insurance
Cons: office politics
I typically worked grave yards answering fall call from members. The normal call was loan applications or money transfers. I assisted in any way possible. As a overnight person I interacted mainly with my supervisor. I was commonly placed in leadership roles and ran meetings. The hardest part was talking non-stop for the whole shift. The most enjoyable – more... was getting some one who really needed help and going the extra mile to make sure they got it knowing others would have fallen short and be happy they got you. – less
Very enjoyable place
Mortgage Processor/ Paperless Advisor (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 21, 2014
Working here is great. They are very employee oriented and understanding.
One of the best places I every had the privilege of being a part of.
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Vienna, VAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: benefits to employees are endless.
Cons: commute
NFCU is a wonderful place of employment. It was a positive experience I hated to leave. I learned so much from leaders who where patient and eager teachers, and who wanted to see everyone succeed.
fun, friendly
Teller (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2014
always great attitude and customer service. Handling any bank transactions for any customer
no comment
Deliquency Control 31-60 days (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2014
good place to work with room for advancement if you want it the benefits are great and the overall work environment is pleasant
Amazing company to work for
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 1, 2014
everything about being an employee for this company is amazing!
Extremely busy environment trouble shooting servers and responding to customer help desk tickets
Analyst III (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: on-call hours
A typical day at work consist of monitoring the various application servers that provide communication functionality for our very large Call Center environment as well as other departments that we service. We trouble shoot major alarms on all of our applications that we are responsible for and if needed we contact the vendors if unusual occurrences – more... take place that are out of the norm due to no intervention on our part. Our PBX team works together to achieve the common goal to maintain the standards stressed by NFCU.

The most challenging part is completing changes that are critical to reroute call volume traffic during sudden Inclement Weather conditions or other nature related occurrences. These changes must be completed in a timely manner and it is extremely important that they are accurate. I enjoy working with my coworkers. – less
Fortune 100 Company
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Pensacola,FLJuly 28, 2014
Great company and benefits. Navy Federal value its employees.
Troubleshooting and repair of 1400 users computer and phone systems.
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 25, 2014
Troubleshooting and repair of 1400 users computer and phone systems. Daily workflow maintained through Remedy electronic ticket database program. Excellent customer satisfaction rating as evident in my many customer satisfaction letters and consistently excellent remarks during performance reviews.

• Providing technical, operations and training support – more... to users of computer equipment either remotely or on-site for 1400 users.
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain support of Windows XP and Windows 7 computers including Microsoft Office 2010.
• Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Remedy electronic ticket database program.
• Installs and test computers, printers, network switches, other peripherals, and software.
• Performs hardware diagnostics and coordinates repairs.
• Excellent customer satisfaction rating as evident in my many customer satisfaction letters and consistently excellent remarks during performance reviews.
• Performed Active Directory user password resets. – less
healthy work environment with long standing member base
BSA/AML Analyst (Current Employee), vienna, VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: stable company, great benefit programs, interesting career paths
I am able to work independently with minimal supervision. My opinion and creativity is valued, and my continuing educational training is encouraged and made easily available.
Good place to work.
Voice Systems Programmer II (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits and pay
Cons: no work/life balance
Good place to work. Always learning new things. Recognized for your work.
Productive sometimes depending on mortgage outlook
Mortgage Support Assistant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 1, 2014
Pros: incenitives
Cons: work balance
Typical Day: Work
I learned how to process documents, typical clerical duties, etc.
Management lacked a lot of communication
Constant changes; but everyone is so helpful
The change is something to get use to
The environment and constant parties or different incentives
Member Service Representative / MLO (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAJune 26, 2014
Cross selling bank products and service. good company to work for.
Great Benefits and Great Pay But too Strict
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 21, 2014
Pros: free food sometimes, great pay and benefits, casual fun clothing days.
Cons: short breaks, military like strictness, expectations set too high to meet.
This company is based off military regulations, so they pay well and their benefits are great but they micromanage everything. I learned to conform and never speak my mind from working at this job, as that you could lead to trouble. I also learned to use more courtesy words when speaking to others. I loved my coworkers, but my manager was unpleasant – more... and never had anything positive to say to encourage us to do well, as we were told in training that they would do. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping members with their banking needs. The hardest part of the job is that they want everyone to be a perfect robot and you are scored on everything so the evaluations were hard because one word like "ok" or "sure" or "no problem" and you could lose 6-10 points on an evaluation. – less
Collections was torture
Credit and Loan Collections Counselor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 19, 2014
Pros: the people were really great there
Cons: collections department
Yes NFCU is on of Fortunes 500 Best Companies to work for but what happens when you cant collect money from people who doesn't have it then what??
Productive place to work
Mortgage Support Assistant (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 18, 2014
Great place to work and learn about banking. Many different opportunities to grow within Navy Federal.
Great Work Place to be
Supervisor, Daily Business Reconciliation (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJune 17, 2014
Pros: benefit and funds for continued educations
Cons: no promotion fairness across the organization.
Work Life Balance is where you need to be. The management walks the talks. Great Benefits. They have not had any lay-off since its inceptions.
Great Beneifits
Processor/LO (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 17, 2014
Overall Great Company, greatest Beneifits. Great people to work with.
fortune 100
sales (Former Employee), pensacolaJune 15, 2014
Great company and lots of benefitscall center atmopsher and a gym
Great place to grow
SCRA Specialist (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJune 8, 2014
Pros: bonuses, job security, free gym
Cons: parking sucks if you arrive after 9
I love Navy Federal. I have been working at headquarters for almost 4 years now and have moved up multiple levels since my start. It is a comfortable environment with great work life balance. There is a cafeteria, 24-hour gym, and many incentives to work as hard as you can for the membership. I simply love Navy Federal.

1 2 3 4 5

About Navy Federal Credit Union

"Once a member, always a member," promises Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU). This policy has helped NFCU become one of the nation's – Read more

Navy Federal Credit Union Photos